New Topic Respond to this Topic
DancingTurkeyGod
DancingTurkeyGod
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to zeep zeep Montreal meet 2011 Apr. 22nd, 2011 @ 10:07 PM Reply

At 4/22/11 01:12 PM, FBIpolux wrote: I'd rather spend that 60$ on a table at the Dragon Rouge though!

I think that's a little expensive for just food. I found this though: OYEZ!
Possible activity, if I knew what it was.....

StateofMind
StateofMind
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Art Lover
Response to zeep zeep Montreal meet 2011 Apr. 22nd, 2011 @ 11:36 PM Reply

At 4/22/11 01:02 PM, DancingTurkeyGod wrote: OK - Who would be interested in seeing Cirque du Soleil, TOTEM, on Friday night or Saturdayning early evening? Cheapest tickets are 60$ plus tax.

I'm down. Always wanted to go.

camoshark
camoshark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Musician
Response to zeep zeep Montreal meet 2011 Apr. 25th, 2011 @ 12:23 AM Reply

Already saw, absolutely fantastic, I'd recomend it to anyone with the money.

SNIPER
SNIPER
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to zeep zeep Montreal meet 2011 Apr. 25th, 2011 @ 01:00 AM Reply

I'm kinda interested in the Cirque Du Soleil thing. I'll have to think about it though. I already have 2 very expensive shows coming up (Osheaga and Heavy MTL). I'll probably go though aha

BBS Signature
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to zeep zeep Montreal meet 2011 Apr. 25th, 2011 @ 01:03 PM Reply

yeah cirque is def. a very cool idea.

Also Biodome.. I know it was done in the past.. but... well frankly.. I wasnt there then :P

Celx-Requin
Celx-Requin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Artist
Response to zeep zeep Montreal meet 2011 Apr. 25th, 2011 @ 02:49 PM Reply

I want to come, honestly though I'm not sure do the bars there have those lame ass machines that they use in the West, and Ontario to "verify ID's"?

I'm not comfortable with giving out my information to a bar if it's going to be put into one of those things since Canada's privacy commissioner has vehemently spoken against them as a breach of ones privacy, and potential security threat.

Finding a hotel may be an issue for the same reason, though i'm sure if i put down a $300.00 deposit it shouldn't be an issue. Lastly I heard quebec won't honor health insurance plans from those out of "its" province is this true, cause that means I'm going to need to buy health insurance while I'm down there.

So maybe depending on what I get as an answer?

At 1/17/11 02:14 AM, poxpower wrote: OVER 18 ONLY, SORRY

WHERE?
Montreal, Canada

WHEN?
weekend of June 17th 2011
( June 17th - June 19th )

WHAT?
- Karaoke
- Drinking
- Whatever else

ACCOMMODATIONS:
- You're responsible for that. I suggest splitting a hotel room with some other people.

TRANSPORTATION:
- You can arrive by plane to here: http://www.admtl.com/Passagers/Accueil.a spx
- You can take the bus and arrive here: http://www.stm.info/english/metro/a-m11.
htm
- Train gets you here: http://www.viarail.ca/en/stations/quebec /montreal
If you come by car, have fun parking that thing.

COSTS:
Don't come here only to suddenly realize you have no money and can't do anything. Plan like 200$ of spending money for food, drinks and subway/bus tickets.

CLOTHES:
It's warm in June, you don't need a winter coat. Just bring a jacket for going out at night.

AS SOON AS YOU KNOW YOU'RE DEFINITELY COMING, POST HERE. DON'T BE A "MAYBE". ALSO NO ONE CARES THAT YOU WISH YOU COULD COME BUT CAN'T BECAUSE YOU'RE TOO YOUNG OR LIVE TOO FAR AWAY. AGAIN: WE DON'T CARE.

Here's a picture from last year:

Watch Shark Black HERE Watch CoolJaw HERE

BBS Signature
camoshark
camoshark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Musician
Response to zeep zeep Montreal meet 2011 Apr. 25th, 2011 @ 11:42 PM Reply

At 4/25/11 02:49 PM, Celx-Requin wrote: I want to come, honestly though I'm not sure do the bars there have those lame ass machines that they use in the West, and Ontario to "verify ID's"?

I'm not comfortable with giving out my information to a bar if it's going to be put into one of those things since Canada's privacy commissioner has vehemently spoken against them as a breach of ones privacy, and potential security threat.

Finding a hotel may be an issue for the same reason, though i'm sure if i put down a $300.00 deposit it shouldn't be an issue. Lastly I heard quebec won't honor health insurance plans from those out of "its" province is this true, cause that means I'm going to need to buy health insurance while I'm down there.

So maybe depending on what I get as an answer?

I've never heard of such a thing, probably was another rumor...

Also, I'm noticing neither me or my friend The-Hobo-Dude are on the list on Luis' webpage, do we enter manualy?

klamen
klamen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to zeep zeep Montreal meet 2011 Apr. 25th, 2011 @ 11:47 PM Reply

Sounds boring. I'm not coming.

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to zeep zeep Montreal meet 2011 Apr. 26th, 2011 @ 12:08 PM Reply

At 4/25/11 11:47 PM, klamen wrote: Sounds boring. I'm not coming.

you sound boring - you're not invited.

StateofMind
StateofMind
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Art Lover
Response to zeep zeep Montreal meet 2011 Apr. 26th, 2011 @ 01:29 PM Reply

At 4/25/11 02:49 PM, Celx-Requin wrote: I want to come, honestly though I'm not sure do the bars there have those lame ass machines that they use in the West, and Ontario to "verify ID's"?

Bars don't do that here. Most bouncers aren't smart enough to use anything but their cellphones and microwaves. I know this because I know a handful that are close friends. About health insurance, I have an entire family in the medical field so anything other then a coma is not an issue. About the hotel, simply stay with a local. I got a guest room at my place that isn't being used. Since we are essentially going to the same places over the weekend, it would be more cost effective to share my ride anyway. In all seriousness, get travelers insurance if you want to cover all your bases and look back in the thread for the address of the hotel most out of townees are staying at. If they ask for anything but your name, age and sex tell them to get lost if they aren't wearing a badge.

Loki
Loki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to zeep zeep Montreal meet 2011 May. 9th, 2011 @ 10:53 PM Reply

Bump.

Should we go drink and plan something together?

Or have a MSN conversation like last year lol.

StateofMind
StateofMind
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Art Lover
Response to zeep zeep Montreal meet 2011 May. 10th, 2011 @ 07:51 PM Reply

At 5/9/11 10:53 PM, FBIpolux wrote: Bump.

Should we go drink and plan something together?

Or have a MSN conversation like last year lol.

I agree to this. We could like meet up and discuss the real meet up. It could be a pre-meet up meet up. I suggest we do it somewhere we will be going again for the real meet up. Practice makes perfect!

Loki
Loki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to zeep zeep Montreal meet 2011 May. 11th, 2011 @ 07:26 PM Reply

At 5/10/11 07:51 PM, StateofMind wrote: I agree to this. We could like meet up and discuss the real meet up. It could be a pre-meet up meet up. I suggest we do it somewhere we will be going again for the real meet up. Practice makes perfect!

Yeah we usually do that. Though going to a bar we're going to go to again is kinda repetitive.

poxpower
poxpower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to zeep zeep Montreal meet 2011 May. 15th, 2011 @ 09:54 PM Reply

Alright this bullshit is in a month, who's coming?

BBS Signature
Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to zeep zeep Montreal meet 2011 May. 16th, 2011 @ 11:16 AM Reply

I added a few more people to that hub page, link below.

I'd also be down for the cirque soliel or whatever. I think as long as everyone ends up at the same pub or whatever in the evenings, it should be fine to have fragmented groups.

For instance, that Biodome is something cool to see if youve never been there, but if you have then it kinda isnt worth it (IMO), so if people want to do that then thats fine, we can just figure out a time to meet at a common place at a later point.

link stuff

None

Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to zeep zeep Montreal meet 2011 May. 16th, 2011 @ 03:18 PM Reply

At 5/15/11 09:54 PM, poxpower wrote: Alright this bullshit is in a month,

You beat me to it.

who's coming?

I would assume all 25 of us who are on Luis's list - Assuming the list has been updated with all the dropouts being removed.

Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to zeep zeep Montreal meet 2011 May. 16th, 2011 @ 03:53 PM Reply

At 5/16/11 03:18 PM, Painbringer wrote:
At 5/15/11 09:54 PM, poxpower wrote: Alright this bullshit is in a month,
You beat me to it.

who's coming?
I would assume all 25 of us who are on Luis's list - Assuming the list has been updated with all the dropouts being removed.

Its fairly up to date. I think realistically its probably at around 16/17. Though this is the first year we've been plugging meetups on the newgrounds facebook events so its hard to really pinpoint a solid number. Not everyone who clicked attending on the fb page is forthcoming of what their username is.

None

Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to zeep zeep Montreal meet 2011 May. 18th, 2011 @ 07:45 PM Reply

With only 30 more days to go, is there an event schedule?

DancingTurkeyGod
DancingTurkeyGod
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to zeep zeep Montreal meet 2011 May. 18th, 2011 @ 08:43 PM Reply

At 5/18/11 07:45 PM, Painbringer wrote: With only 30 more days to go, is there an event schedule?

No because, once again, I'm stuck doing it because all the guys + sam are lazy. I finish school on June 3rd, so there will be no event schedule until then. Most likely, during the day, we'll set up a list of different events to do and everyone goes their own way, and in the evening, we get together again.

I'd really like to see cirque du soleil (5pm showing on saturday), but I haven't gotten enough responses and there's no way I'm buying a bunch of tickets for everyone then not getting re-imbursed. So even with that, we would go together and sit in different sections.

poxpower
poxpower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to zeep zeep Montreal meet 2011 May. 19th, 2011 @ 03:55 AM Reply

Anyone wants to go here: http://www.pubdistillerie.com/v2/index.p hp
Apparently it's some place where they give you a giant-ass drink in a mason jar for 20 bucks. One of my friends is a bouncer there.

We could meet there friday night, or we could meet at that other place: http://www.lesaintbock.com/html/accueil.
html

You know the spot with all the different beers and whatnot. SO TASTY.

Another place that rules: http://www.sharx.ca/
Drunk bowling? Yes please.

I'm guessing people will most likely just hang out at their hotel rooms getting drunk and playing games again so BLAH. Maybe you could go eat at at sushi shop, those places are RAD.

And like Luis said, if you want to go to the BioDome it's boring the second time around so.. yeah if you haven't been please get with other people if you'd like to go and sort it out.

The fun thing to do is always to just walk around drunk on St-Denis / St-Catherine, and then eat at that McDonald's that is crowded at 3am. What else can ya do eh?

BBS Signature
Sevkat
Sevkat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Melancholy
Response to zeep zeep Montreal meet 2011 May. 19th, 2011 @ 03:56 AM Reply

At 1/17/11 02:14 AM, poxpower wrote: WHERE?
Montreal, Canada

I'm actually pondering if I should take a drive down from, Vancouver.

bollocks m8

BBS Signature
Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to zeep zeep Montreal meet 2011 May. 19th, 2011 @ 05:15 AM Reply

At 5/19/11 03:56 AM, Sevkat wrote: I'm actually pondering if I should take a drive down from, Vancouver.

Holy shit you live so close to me.

As for driving to Montreal; it's much cheaper to take the Greyhound, since you won't have to pay for hotel rooms or your own fuel - I will be flying with my boyfriend though.

Sevkat
Sevkat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Melancholy
Response to zeep zeep Montreal meet 2011 May. 19th, 2011 @ 05:18 AM Reply

At 5/19/11 05:15 AM, Painbringer wrote:
At 5/19/11 03:56 AM, Sevkat wrote: I'm actually pondering if I should take a drive down from, Vancouver.
Holy shit you live so close to me.

As for driving to Montreal; it's much cheaper to take the Greyhound, since you won't have to pay for hotel rooms or your own fuel - I will be flying with my boyfriend though.

Like hell I'll ever take the greyhound!
I'd rather waste a buttload of money on gas, and stuff. Besides, I smoke cigarettes, and I can't go to long without, and the restroom on the Greyhounds be stanky.
Abby, aye?
I live in Surrey, you know, 'cause I'm hardcore n'stuff.

bollocks m8

BBS Signature
DancingTurkeyGod
DancingTurkeyGod
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to zeep zeep Montreal meet 2011 May. 19th, 2011 @ 07:38 AM Reply

At 5/19/11 03:55 AM, poxpower wrote: Anyone wants to go here: http://www.pubdistillerie.com/v2/index.p hp
Apparently it's some place where they give you a giant-ass drink in a mason jar for 20 bucks. One of my friends is a bouncer there.

Only problem is that those bars (cause I think there's atleast two now) are really small.

We could meet there friday night, or we could meet at that other place: http://www.lesaintbock.com/html/accueil/

html. You know the spot with all the different beers and whatnot. SO TASTY.
Done that already. Need to find a new place.

Another place that rules: http://www.sharx.ca/
Drunk bowling? Yes please.

Done that too. But it WAS fun.

I'm guessing people will most likely just hang out at their hotel rooms getting drunk and playing games again so BLAH. Maybe you could go eat at at sushi shop, those places are RAD.

lol - Yeah...we need to find a restaurant for friday night.

poxpower
poxpower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to zeep zeep Montreal meet 2011 May. 19th, 2011 @ 04:11 PM Reply

== Oh yeah, let's not forget: Saturday Night is Karaoke night.
TRADITION MAN

== Saturday afternoon:

If anyone is interested, Montreal has a bike rental system: https://montreal.bixi.com/rouler-a-bixi/
fonctionnement

You need a credit card to rent them.
It's 10$ a day I think. Something like that. I think you can rent by the hour. All you need to do is find a station with bikes near the hotel and grab one. Woohoo.

We can ride around town on bikes if temperature permits. I can take you to the bike paths and you can visit Old Montreal, the river and the harbor. That would be something more interesting to do than bum around the hotel on Saturday afternoon at least.

Other people can go to the BioDome if they want, or La Ronde ( Six Flags amusement park ) but it seems like kind of a waste to be there half a day. There's also shopping malls... obviously.. if anyone wants to do that. You can go buy some candy or chocolates at one of the billion candy stores in this city.

At 5/19/11 07:38 AM, DancingTurkeyGod wrote:
lol - Yeah...we need to find a restaurant for friday night.

Well I don't eat out much so if you have any suggestions, feel free. Otherwise we could just pick a big restaurant like Nickels or St-Hubert near the hotel and make a reservation for Friday night. Something like a buffet usually please everyone too, so there's that : p
Only one I know of is this Indian one: http://www.buffetmaharaja.com/
It's alright but not within walking distance of the Square Victoria hotel, which is where the NG people stay usually...also it's big enough. Yep.

Maybe also make one for Saturday night near the Karaoke Place?
Did the Karaoke place take reservations? I forget. I thought it did...

BBS Signature
Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to zeep zeep Montreal meet 2011 May. 19th, 2011 @ 04:28 PM Reply

At 5/19/11 05:18 AM, Sevkat wrote: Like hell I'll ever take the greyhound!
I'd rather waste a buttload of money on gas, and stuff.

I guess having that morning shower does make all the difference.

Also, I have this theory that people can drive without stopping at a hotel if they bring a bunch of people and have them take turns driving every few hours around the clock. More people = shorter turns.

Besides, I smoke cigarettes, and I can't go to long without, and the restroom on the Greyhounds be stanky.

If they caught you smokin' in the bus's washroom, they will kick you off at the next stop. However, they stop quite often for 5 minute smoke breaks, so no big deal - I don't smoke BTW.

Abby, aye?

I've been living there since the summer of '91, and Coquitlam before that. And Poland before '87, I think.

I live in Surrey, you know, 'cause I'm hardcore n'stuff.

How long you live there for?

Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to zeep zeep Montreal meet 2011 May. 19th, 2011 @ 06:00 PM Reply

At 5/19/11 04:11 PM, poxpower wrote: Maybe also make one for Saturday night near the Karaoke Place?
Did the Karaoke place take reservations? I forget. I thought it did...

I remember the last year we went, you guys had called ahead. I imagine saturday is pretty popular so itd be good to do that sooner rather than later. Last year we did the karaoke thing on friday. Dont remember if it was because it was easier to get reserve for a group that big or because thats when people wanted to do it. We did come up a few seats short, last year. I think i was on the outside table, which wasnt terrible but yea wouldnt hurt to nail down the number better, maybe overshoot it by a head or two.

Also for anyone wondering, i decided id stay at the same place as every year, that square phillips hotel or whatever. Gonna drive up this year. I have a long haul flight a few days before this meet so maybe ill appreciate being on the ground for a change. I'll bring mike to keep me company.

None

Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to zeep zeep Montreal meet 2011 May. 19th, 2011 @ 06:59 PM Reply

At 5/19/11 04:11 PM, poxpower wrote: We can ride around town on bikes if temperature permits.

My boyfriend probably won't be able to keep up due to joint problems.

I assume no one (who shows up) will be left behind?

poxpower
poxpower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to zeep zeep Montreal meet 2011 May. 21st, 2011 @ 04:13 PM Reply

At 5/19/11 06:59 PM, Painbringer wrote:
My boyfriend probably won't be able to keep up due to joint problems.

Yeah it'll be a leisurely stroll unless everyone who does it is somehow in good enough shape :p
No one will get lost though, don't worry.

BBS Signature
Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to zeep zeep Montreal meet 2011 May. 21st, 2011 @ 04:52 PM Reply

At 5/21/11 04:13 PM, poxpower wrote:
Yeah it'll be a leisurely stroll unless everyone who does it is somehow in good enough shape :p
No one will get lost though, don't worry.

ill just wait at the finish line or the swimming pool.

None