00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

xrusteater0 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Help, Windows Xp Monitor Blue Tint

3,566 Views | 13 Replies

Hey guys, can you help me as to why my monitor is giving off a blue tint instead of the multi-color tints... Red shows up as Grey, and all the buttons on the NG site show up as a color mixed between green and gold... I don't understand this shit, cuz yesterday it was just fine and now all of a sudden the color channels are all fucked up and my Graphics program (NVIDIA GeForce 6100) can't fix. any help?

Response to Help, Windows Xp Monitor Blue Tint 2011-01-14 14:00:14

I have the same graphics card, and sometimes my moniter gives everything a pink tint. Luckily the back of my computer is open, and the cord for it is exposed, wiggling the cord around a little always fixes the color issue. I'm not sure if there's any other way to fix it though, so you might have to open up your computer. The cord I wiggle is grey with a pink line on the top, and it's flat and wide with ridges.

Response to Help, Windows Xp Monitor Blue Tint 2011-01-14 14:03:15

I can't even tell who the fucking mods are anymore because everyone with a neutral status comes up as yellow...

Response to Help, Windows Xp Monitor Blue Tint 2011-01-14 14:08:42

At 1/14/11 02:03 PM, wildface098 wrote: I can't even tell who the fucking mods are anymore because everyone with a neutral status comes up as yellow...

Umm... I'm not a mod, if that's helpful in any way

Response to Help, Windows Xp Monitor Blue Tint 2011-01-14 14:12:24

At 1/14/11 02:08 PM, squirrelking69 wrote:
At 1/14/11 02:03 PM, wildface098 wrote: I can't even tell who the fucking mods are anymore because everyone with a neutral status comes up as yellow...
Umm... I'm not a mod, if that's helpful in any way

thank god I can remember names but the sucky thing is if there's new mods... checked over my color scale one more time... pretty much, the only colors that my PC displays are anything along the lines of Yellow, Blue, Black, and White... any other color gets changed into one of those four colors.

Response to Help, Windows Xp Monitor Blue Tint 2011-01-14 14:36:20

Your monitor could be the problem. Is it an old CRT one? I remember a monitor that used to do pink tones and stuff because it was on the way out (or maybe it was my TV, I can't remember).

It could be your graphics card. I used to have an NVIDIA 7900 (I think) that stopped working because dust clogged up it's fan causing it to overheat (although many people seemed to have problems with it too).

Maybe you just knocked a cable out. It took me a few minutes earlier to turn my PC on after I knocked the kettle lead just enough so I couldn't tell it was out. Try wiggling them or something like the other guy said.

Response to Help, Windows Xp Monitor Blue Tint 2011-01-14 15:03:18

Get a new monitor.

I guess.

Placeholder signature.

Response to Help, Windows Xp Monitor Blue Tint 2011-01-14 15:05:31

My schools computer does the same thing occasionally.

Just right click on desktop, and click Properties and edit the tones and stuff.

Response to Help, Windows Xp Monitor Blue Tint 2011-01-14 15:10:19

This is why I built my computer.

At 6/3/11 10:56 PM, BlakeMo wrote:

: I have no sexual orientation

: ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING HAS POTENTIAL TO BE BLESSED BY MY PENETRATION

BBS Signature

Response to Help, Windows Xp Monitor Blue Tint 2011-01-14 15:24:53

At 1/14/11 03:05 PM, iBliss wrote: My schools computer does the same thing occasionally.

I find it strange why you would go on newgrounds at school

By Life Stream

BBS Signature

Response to Help, Windows Xp Monitor Blue Tint 2011-01-14 18:17:26

now my computers bouncing between pink and blue tints... I'm about to try the first few given suggestions.

Response to Help, Windows Xp Monitor Blue Tint 2011-01-14 18:56:49

delete sysym 32 (trololol)

Response to Help, Windows Xp Monitor Blue Tint 2011-01-14 19:29:46

It could be a problem with the settings on the monitor itself.

Try changing the settings or plugging in another monitor.

Response to Help, Windows Xp Monitor Blue Tint 2011-01-14 19:33:39

At 1/14/11 03:24 PM, TechnoHound wrote:
At 1/14/11 03:05 PM, iBliss wrote: My schools computer does the same thing occasionally.

I find it strange why you would go on newgrounds at school

Nobody said anything about going on newgrounds at school. Where in that post is newgrounds even mentioned?