I am a teacher in the worst school district in the world, Philadelphia. The District officials came into my school (to find out who they can fire, so they can justify their existence) and when they came into my room, they didn't like the layout (because nothing else was wrong apparently, had to find something). NOW they tell me, next time they come back in, they want to see a new arrangement or its my ass. Anyway, I made this to see what i can do... (link at end of post)
Of course, what they don't realize, or don't care about is, that a whole bunch of cabinets were installed along the side of my wall for science equipment etc. Thus, 8 feet of the front of the room was taken away, plus 3 feet along the whole side wall was taken away. NOT TO MENTION THE FACT, that the union contract says that we are only supposed to have AT MOST 33 students. WHEN i actually have 36 in one class, 37 in another, and 38 in another. You heard right... 38 URBAN Philadelphia kids, in one room!
Each square represents 1 square foot. and the desks are measured accurately. the bottom of the grid is the front of the room where the desks should be facing. I already cut out out the space the cabinets and stuff take up. ALL OF THE GRID IS YOURS!!
The vice principal wants everything changed by the end of this week, but that ain't gonna be happening, she will have to wait until Monday. The District is coming in for the next walk through on the 20th.
1. Arrange the desks the best way you think you can
2. The bottom of the grid is the front of the room, desks can be sideways, but preferably not facing away from the front. But if the design is good, i might go for it.
3. Each desk holds 2 students (they are science lab desks)
4. Each desk must have 2 feet behind it for clearance so they can actually have room to get in and sit down.
5. take a screen capture and post it for my judgement
6. Contest ends at NOON this Saturday!
7. Prizes will be my congratulatory remarks, my thanks, my respect, and i will bake you imaginary internet cookies :)
Room Layout Click N' Drag