New Topic Respond to this Topic
ForeverBound
ForeverBound
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Nac General Discussion Thread 2012-08-03 02:17:54 Reply

okay thnx chrone for the info. also what do u think of a Trance contest?

BBS Signature
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to Nac General Discussion Thread 2012-08-05 02:29:41 Reply

At 8/3/12 02:17 AM, ForeverBound wrote: okay thnx chrone for the info. also what do u think of a Trance contest?

all in good time man... all in good time..

also apologies to lack of sigs.. it's on my todo list.. it's just.. well.. its fucking beautiful weather outside and it's a long weekend here.. I've been getting home really late.. I'll do them eventually haha...

I always stated they were optional neways.
neolinked
neolinked
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to Nac General Discussion Thread 2012-08-05 21:35:06 Reply

That would be awesome if this months nac is trance!

Click pic for my best trance song

BBS Signature
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to Nac General Discussion Thread 2012-08-30 10:10:46 Reply

At 8/5/12 09:35 PM, neolinked wrote: That would be awesome if this months nac is trance!

hey guys just wanted to add this blurb:

I know I run the nacs - that doesn't mean however that I somehow own the rights to run all audio competitions on newgrounds - I simply volunteer to it and relay the results to tom.

That does not mean that you cannot ask tom to run your own contest, or even ask me, and I can just inform him the next month that the nac and another contest is being run so that he supplies store credit to both, as from what I hear tom doesn't always answer to everyone as I am sure he can be a bit busy sometimes.

The MACs tend to run bi-monthly when other contests like the RAC and the NGADM are not running, so there is room for other contests. I never meant to make it look like I was trying to CONTROL the whole operation.. it's just one of those things where some people are just better at running things consistantly, as history in the audio portal has shown, people's lives tend to get in the way, even when the contests are manned by several people.

And I know that for a lot of my monthly contests some issue or other has arisen but keep in mind that I am learning just as much as everyone else, and I am trying to do the best I can, but it is really hard to see every single angle all the time and usually something big erupts that I never foresaw.. thus it is not easy, nor is weathering the hate, when in reality without the NACs, sometiems there simply would not be any contests at all.

And we forget sometimes that this site exists purely for people to have fun, and that NOBODY is stating you HAVE to enter these contests - if the contest doesn't seem fair, explain why and perhaps those issues can be fixed the next month - you all have input for this contest and any others you want to make through this thread, and the majority of the time I actually use your ideas for the NACs so really it is still a contest where people's ideas come to fruition - so please see it as that. There has been a lot of hate over time and really, in the end.. it all boils down to ego, and we all need to see past that.

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to Nac General Discussion Thread 2012-08-31 17:49:59 Reply

hey guys,

I won't have internet access unfortunately this long weekend, so results and all that will have to be posted either monday or tuesday.. hope you don't mind.. I'd do it now but I don't have the judging back yet.

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to Nac General Discussion Thread 2012-12-04 23:29:47 Reply

so the question becomes.. are you guys happy with these contests? I know it is only a fan contest unlike say the MAC.. and that hostility towards it has sorta ebbed since last year.. but reflecting on it it does feel like I am sorta trying to steal the show here. Not my intent I just didn't want to entrust a lot to people with busy lives who couldn't provide consistancy. I do admit that in a way I also wanted to leave some sorta imprint on the site that would both help it and prevent me from fading into obscurity. I don't know if that is a wrong mentality or simply a survival one so I won't touch it.

Technically with the MAC back this contest is no longer necessary, as it was only meant to provide a placeholder in the MAC's absence.

So the real question is.. do you guys want the NAC to run through 2013? And if so would more people be willing to help out? I've been working a bit with a skeleton crew for the past little while with Realmguys having his kid and Evil-dog working from home and brokendeck migrating to the MAC so sometimes it's a bit difficult to keep things on.. schedule.

Let me know your thoughts.

ChRoN0uNc3
ChRoN0uNc3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Nac General Discussion Thread 2013-01-03 21:48:34 Reply

well it was a slice guys.. just wanted to say a final thank you for all your hard work and dedication. and I hope that others take up the torch in the future :)

I am Chronamut's alt.

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to Nac General Discussion Thread 2013-01-04 02:21:43 Reply

well it's done.. the newgrounds NAC hall of fame - you have all been immortalized :P

• Newgrounds Audio Contest HOF
    Newgrounds Audio Contest HOF by Chronamut

Well after 2 years of consistant contests the nacs draw to a close. It was fun but without any compensation it just got too e...

Score
    5.000000000 / 5.00
    Type
    Other
    Popularity
    Rated
    Everyone

PeterSatera
PeterSatera
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Nac General Discussion Thread 2013-01-04 11:53:43 Reply

I appreciate all the hard work you guys go through, it's great not for the cash, but completely for the joining! Im a bit gutted I havent made anything for almost a year simply because of work and a lot of other things. But the Nac is always great to listen to. I always check out the results/winners and sit and listen to them.

If this becomes too expensive to run, i'd hope that it could continue through into 2013. Even just for enjoyment sake. It is however a lot of work for you guys to organise, and work on. So I can understand if it has to cease to exist.

For what it is worth, I loved taking part, and when I didn't I felt upset I couldn't get time to.
:)

BBS Signature
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to Nac General Discussion Thread 2013-01-04 19:15:21 Reply

thanks for the encouraging words.. it really does mean a lot :)

CidiousClef
CidiousClef
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Nac General Discussion Thread 2013-01-05 11:46:28 Reply

Dammit, I knew I should´ve joined NAC´s more often...

I always didn´t for some reason or another and well...

Chronamut and company, you guys rocked while it lasted.

BBS Signature
JJM121
JJM121
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Audiophile
Response to Nac General Discussion Thread 2013-01-05 12:48:59 Reply

IIRC I've only ever entered one NAC...and I never made it to the Top 8 in that one either. ^^

Most of the themes for the other contests were either too difficult or something way too weird. xD But it was still fun checking what the theme was for each contest and the winning submissions for each one.

Thanks for everything, Chronamut. I can't imagine the amount of work you had to do for this every month for 2 years...

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to Nac General Discussion Thread 2013-01-06 02:20:35 Reply

At 1/5/13 12:48 PM, JJM121 wrote: IIRC I've only ever entered one NAC...and I never made it to the Top 8 in that one either. ^^

Most of the themes for the other contests were either too difficult or something way too weird. xD But it was still fun checking what the theme was for each contest and the winning submissions for each one.

Thanks for everything, Chronamut. I can't imagine the amount of work you had to do for this every month for 2 years...

it was a lot.. and there were times when I was sick and really didn't wanna do it but did it anyways. Imo dedication is everything.

newhansen
newhansen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Nac General Discussion Thread 2013-01-09 11:48:22 Reply

If it helps: I'm really sad to hear the Nac's are down :(
At least we've had some fun times participating.

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to Nac General Discussion Thread 2013-10-03 10:20:42 Reply

At 1/9/13 11:48 AM, hnieuw wrote: If it helps: I'm really sad to hear the Nac's are down :(
At least we've had some fun times participating.

*EPIC DREDGE*

ok so copypasta from my newspost:

So some people are requesting a NAC for 2014

for those of you that don't know, I ran the newgrounds audio contests from the beginning of 2011 to the beginning of 2013. There was controversy and drama but eventually they ran smoothly. I stopped however as I was sick of dealing with people's shit - mostly mods passive aggressive snarky shit, who clearly did not like me and clearly wanted to replace me with the MACs - which were the monthly audio contests - the original contests which eventually died out.

From what I can see the contests being run aren't very consistent - with the MAC not even being monthly. (I checked and couldn't see a MAC run from after march, buit I may have overlooked some title change or something - I have notived mainly contests that span months and months, which is also cool, like the NGADM and the NGAT)

I have not been focusing too much on newgrounds this year so perhaps I simply have overlooked the threads - so the question remains - do you audio portalers want a return of the NACs? They would be every month. I don't know if I burned my bridge with Tom so I don't know if you could get prizes or front page exposure, as I am not a mod or audio mod and thus have no real power (another issue the mods had with me) so all I can really promise is a sig and a well organized contest.
let me know.

you can also post a response in my newspost:

http://chronamut.newgrounds.com/

-shawn-

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to Nac General Discussion Thread 2014-06-12 11:46:15 Reply

just a question if any of you would be interested in a NAC 2015 revival. I was hoping my 2 years of running them would have spurred a self -run movement by the users to keep them up.. and it seemed it did work for like.. 2013.. but fell short when the ng store was removed. I might be able to see if tom can give actual money like they do with other contests.

Lemme know.