New Topic Respond to this Topic
ESTAR48
ESTAR48
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Nac General Discussion Thread 2012-06-22 14:48:44 Reply

At 6/15/12 10:19 AM, hnieuw wrote: Sriously don't laugh.
I keep forgetting how a song is properly linked in the forums.

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/490194 <- I only see a link for god sake >.<

Just put the link of your song without linking it, just copy and paste it, then paste it. And you will get something like this:

• Xtronic
    Xtronic by ESTAR48

Dubstep

Score
    4.60 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Dubstep
    Popularity

Only the champions and winners click the link :P

BBS Signature
newhansen
newhansen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Nac General Discussion Thread 2012-06-24 07:31:45 Reply

At 6/22/12 02:48 PM, ESTAR48 wrote:
At 6/15/12 10:19 AM, hnieuw wrote: Sriously don't laugh.
I keep forgetting how a song is properly linked in the forums.

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/490194 <- I only see a link for god sake >.<
Just put the link of your song without linking it, just copy and paste it, then paste it. And you will get something like this:
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/489233

I seem to fail: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/489233

ESTAR48
ESTAR48
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Nac General Discussion Thread 2012-06-24 14:58:42 Reply

At 6/24/12 07:31 AM, hnieuw wrote: I seem to fail: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/489233

Lol, becuase when you write in the top you choose the option *Link*, dont choose it, just copy and paste the link in the thread, dont link it. For example: Cake (i just put it) cake (i linked it) See the difference? With your technique it will be this way:
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/490819

But what i did here, i only copied the link paste it, i didnt do anything else:

• Bamboo Beating (remake)
    Bamboo Beating (remake) by ESTAR48

Feel the sound of bamboo! :P

Score
    4.66 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Techno
    Popularity

BBS Signature
newhansen
newhansen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Nac General Discussion Thread 2012-06-24 17:40:52 Reply

XD Sometimes I seem to fail in life. I'm not linking anything :D I guess it's my browser then, cause i ain't link the song manually :) http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/490819 -> Just copy - paste.

ESTAR48
ESTAR48
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Nac General Discussion Thread 2012-06-24 20:25:32 Reply

Mmm today is 24th, but no finalists were posted yet...

BBS Signature
Birdinator99
Birdinator99
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Nac General Discussion Thread 2012-06-24 22:44:47 Reply

At 6/24/12 08:25 PM, ESTAR48 wrote: Mmm today is 24th, but no finalists were posted yet...

Hey yeah what's up with that?

BBS Signature
Gobblemeister
Gobblemeister
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to Nac General Discussion Thread 2012-06-25 06:37:40 Reply

3rd consecutive Top 8 finish nbd....

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to Nac General Discussion Thread 2012-06-25 09:21:28 Reply

At 6/24/12 10:44 PM, Birdinator99 wrote:
At 6/24/12 08:25 PM, ESTAR48 wrote: Mmm today is 24th, but no finalists were posted yet...
Hey yeah what's up with that?

things don't always go as smoothly as one may like.. but I am always very close to the dates I provide and usually earlier so ;)

ESTAR48
ESTAR48
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Nac General Discussion Thread 2012-06-25 11:53:55 Reply

At 6/25/12 09:21 AM, Chronamut wrote: things don't always go as smoothly as one may like.. but I am always very close to the dates I provide and usually earlier so ;)

;)

BBS Signature
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to Nac General Discussion Thread 2012-07-01 09:57:55 Reply

ok so it's the long weekend here up in canada due to canada day.. thus I am not sure how much time I will have today to post results.. they may be delayed to tomorrow. Just thought I'd give a heads up.

TheBenjerman
TheBenjerman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to Nac General Discussion Thread 2012-07-01 12:49:31 Reply

At 7/1/12 09:57 AM, Chronamut wrote: ok so it's the long weekend here up in canada due to canada day.. thus I am not sure how much time I will have today to post results.. they may be delayed to tomorrow. Just thought I'd give a heads up.

Thanks for the heads up!

BBS Signature
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to Nac General Discussion Thread 2012-07-03 00:51:52 Reply

At 7/1/12 12:49 PM, TheBenjerman wrote:
At 7/1/12 09:57 AM, Chronamut wrote: ok so it's the long weekend here up in canada due to canada day.. thus I am not sure how much time I will have today to post results.. they may be delayed to tomorrow. Just thought I'd give a heads up.
Thanks for the heads up!

hey waitin for info from one judgng.. this will have to wait till tomorrow.

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to Nac General Discussion Thread 2012-07-03 10:42:04 Reply

At 7/3/12 12:51 AM, Chronamut wrote:
At 7/1/12 12:49 PM, TheBenjerman wrote:
Thanks for the heads up!
hey waitin for info from one judgng.. this will have to wait till tomorrow.

ok all the results are in.. just have to make the winning sigs.. I will do that tonight when I get home.

also since I'm at work this months nac will be made at some point today and will be an industrial infused dnb/dubstep theme, with the goal being that the song has to at least have a bass that is some industrial sound.. car engine.. heavy machinery, etc. And you can reesify and wub wub it from there, but at the beginning of the song it has to be present in its raw form and slowly distorted so people can see it is indeed an industrial sound being used. :P

YouriX
YouriX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Musician
Response to Nac General Discussion Thread 2012-07-05 06:09:21 Reply

I have a question about the July contest. Like can you use the indsustrial sounds as bass but also mix it with DNB/dubstep baslines?

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to Nac General Discussion Thread 2012-07-05 09:15:31 Reply

At 7/5/12 06:09 AM, YouriX wrote: I have a question about the July contest. Like can you use the indsustrial sounds as bass but also mix it with DNB/dubstep baslines?

the sound has to be an industrial sound - how you alter it after that is up to you - so yes you can use a dnb/dubstep basline

so like dubstep would be like VROOM VR-VROOM VR-VR-VR-VR-V-V-V-R-R-R-V-V-V-VR-VR-VR..

YouriX
YouriX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Musician
Response to Nac General Discussion Thread 2012-07-08 11:24:18 Reply

At 7/5/12 09:15 AM, Chronamut wrote: the sound has to be an industrial sound - how you alter it after that is up to you - so yes you can use a dnb/dubstep basline

so like dubstep would be like VROOM VR-VROOM VR-VR-VR-VR-V-V-V-R-R-R-V-V-V-VR-VR-VR..

Ok im still really unsure. So im just going to ask first if you think this song is qualified to be submitted in this NAC.
The intro is a traditional dubstep song then machine sounds come into play. So is this ok?

• -YRX- ElectronicsInSpace
    -YRX- ElectronicsInSpace by YouriX

A song for Robot day and the July Nac

Score
    5.00 / 5.00
    Type
    Loop
    Genre
    Dubstep
    Popularity

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to Nac General Discussion Thread 2012-08-01 21:48:41 Reply

judging is lagging a but for this one... results will most likely be posted either late tonight or tomorrow. In the meantime think about what you want this month's NAC to be.. you got a day to ponder it.. or I'll choose one :)

TheZaaL
TheZaaL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Audiophile
Response to Nac General Discussion Thread 2012-08-01 23:13:19 Reply

At 8/1/12 09:48 PM, Chronamut wrote: judging is lagging a but for this one... results will most likely be posted either late tonight or tomorrow. In the meantime think about what you want this month's NAC to be.. you got a day to ponder it.. or I'll choose one :)

Perc nac???

Computer has no brain. DEAL WITH IT!
Stupidity is a dangerous and contagious disease. It can happen to you. It can happen to me

NorskeDrittsekk
NorskeDrittsekk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Nac General Discussion Thread 2012-08-01 23:41:33 Reply

At 8/1/12 11:13 PM, TheZaaL wrote:
At 8/1/12 09:48 PM, Chronamut wrote: judging is lagging a but for this one... results will most likely be posted either late tonight or tomorrow. In the meantime think about what you want this month's NAC to be.. you got a day to ponder it.. or I'll choose one :)
Perc nac???

Metal NAC!

TheZaaL
TheZaaL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Audiophile
Response to Nac General Discussion Thread 2012-08-01 23:52:28 Reply

At 8/1/12 11:41 PM, NorskeDrittsekk wrote:
At 8/1/12 11:13 PM, TheZaaL wrote:
Perc nac???
Metal NAC!

Again?!?!?

Computer has no brain. DEAL WITH IT!
Stupidity is a dangerous and contagious disease. It can happen to you. It can happen to me

ForeverBound
ForeverBound
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Nac General Discussion Thread 2012-08-02 03:28:45 Reply

well as i read on the first post this is a competition on NG. but i've got some questions

when does this competition start?
may u use remix in this competition?
does it have to be a specific genre that's needed for this competition?

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to Nac General Discussion Thread 2012-08-02 09:18:48 Reply

At 8/2/12 03:28 AM, ForeverBound wrote: well as i read on the first post this is a competition on NG. but i've got some questions

when does this competition start?
may u use remix in this competition?
does it have to be a specific genre that's needed for this competition?

this is a competition thread.. a new competition is help every month based on the input of the users from newgrounds.

It generally starts within the first.. say.. 3 days of the month and runs until the 3rd week of the month, with the last week being used to pick a top 8 and to judge.. or in theory anways (most judges are lazy and just judge at the last minute haha..)

as for if remixes are allowed.. usually no.. as we wish to see what you are capable of yourselves.

I have the results.. I don't have the sigs ready as I got the results at like 2 am last night and I am busy tonight so I may just post the results and post the sigs after.

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to Nac General Discussion Thread 2012-08-02 10:24:50 Reply

also the MAC did a metal one.. I like to think that between the MAC and NAC that we can pretty much cover all the genre bases..

I dunno.. I feel the "rave" part of newgrounds is being neglected.. I think that could be a cool contest.. but what would be the twist..

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to Nac General Discussion Thread 2012-08-02 10:25:57 Reply

At 8/2/12 10:24 AM, Chronamut wrote: also the MAC did a metal one.. I like to think that between the MAC and NAC that we can pretty much cover all the genre bases..

I dunno.. I feel the "rave" part of newgrounds is being neglected.. I think that could be a cool contest.. but what would be the twist..

ooh I know.. voice acting rave contest.. where you can only use vocals that are from the voice acting genre.. :P - that would keep it all legit and shit. Lemme know your thoughts.

ForeverBound
ForeverBound
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Nac General Discussion Thread 2012-08-03 02:17:54 Reply

okay thnx chrone for the info. also what do u think of a Trance contest?

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to Nac General Discussion Thread 2012-08-05 02:29:41 Reply

At 8/3/12 02:17 AM, ForeverBound wrote: okay thnx chrone for the info. also what do u think of a Trance contest?

all in good time man... all in good time..

also apologies to lack of sigs.. it's on my todo list.. it's just.. well.. its fucking beautiful weather outside and it's a long weekend here.. I've been getting home really late.. I'll do them eventually haha...

I always stated they were optional neways.
neolinked
neolinked
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to Nac General Discussion Thread 2012-08-05 21:35:06 Reply

That would be awesome if this months nac is trance!

Click pic for my best trance song

BBS Signature
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to Nac General Discussion Thread 2012-08-30 10:10:46 Reply

At 8/5/12 09:35 PM, neolinked wrote: That would be awesome if this months nac is trance!

hey guys just wanted to add this blurb:

I know I run the nacs - that doesn't mean however that I somehow own the rights to run all audio competitions on newgrounds - I simply volunteer to it and relay the results to tom.

That does not mean that you cannot ask tom to run your own contest, or even ask me, and I can just inform him the next month that the nac and another contest is being run so that he supplies store credit to both, as from what I hear tom doesn't always answer to everyone as I am sure he can be a bit busy sometimes.

The MACs tend to run bi-monthly when other contests like the RAC and the NGADM are not running, so there is room for other contests. I never meant to make it look like I was trying to CONTROL the whole operation.. it's just one of those things where some people are just better at running things consistantly, as history in the audio portal has shown, people's lives tend to get in the way, even when the contests are manned by several people.

And I know that for a lot of my monthly contests some issue or other has arisen but keep in mind that I am learning just as much as everyone else, and I am trying to do the best I can, but it is really hard to see every single angle all the time and usually something big erupts that I never foresaw.. thus it is not easy, nor is weathering the hate, when in reality without the NACs, sometiems there simply would not be any contests at all.

And we forget sometimes that this site exists purely for people to have fun, and that NOBODY is stating you HAVE to enter these contests - if the contest doesn't seem fair, explain why and perhaps those issues can be fixed the next month - you all have input for this contest and any others you want to make through this thread, and the majority of the time I actually use your ideas for the NACs so really it is still a contest where people's ideas come to fruition - so please see it as that. There has been a lot of hate over time and really, in the end.. it all boils down to ego, and we all need to see past that.

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to Nac General Discussion Thread 2012-08-31 17:49:59 Reply

hey guys,

I won't have internet access unfortunately this long weekend, so results and all that will have to be posted either monday or tuesday.. hope you don't mind.. I'd do it now but I don't have the judging back yet.

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to Nac General Discussion Thread 2012-12-04 23:29:47 Reply

so the question becomes.. are you guys happy with these contests? I know it is only a fan contest unlike say the MAC.. and that hostility towards it has sorta ebbed since last year.. but reflecting on it it does feel like I am sorta trying to steal the show here. Not my intent I just didn't want to entrust a lot to people with busy lives who couldn't provide consistancy. I do admit that in a way I also wanted to leave some sorta imprint on the site that would both help it and prevent me from fading into obscurity. I don't know if that is a wrong mentality or simply a survival one so I won't touch it.

Technically with the MAC back this contest is no longer necessary, as it was only meant to provide a placeholder in the MAC's absence.

So the real question is.. do you guys want the NAC to run through 2013? And if so would more people be willing to help out? I've been working a bit with a skeleton crew for the past little while with Realmguys having his kid and Evil-dog working from home and brokendeck migrating to the MAC so sometimes it's a bit difficult to keep things on.. schedule.

Let me know your thoughts.