New Topic Respond to this Topic
Shadico
Shadico
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Nac General Discussion Thread Apr. 9th, 2011 @ 11:21 AM Reply

Is there any way to search for audio (Either in newgrounds, or through google keywords etc) by Popularity Rank #? It's very time consumingly difficult to google 1-100 and hunt them all down that way.

jpbear
jpbear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Nac General Discussion Thread Apr. 9th, 2011 @ 11:31 AM Reply

then take the slash out of the title if its both imo,

Heavenly uplifting.

yes i OCD.

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Artist
Response to Nac General Discussion Thread Apr. 10th, 2011 @ 05:38 PM Reply

At 4/9/11 11:12 AM, joethesouleater wrote:
At 4/9/11 10:58 AM, leocedia wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/4 12327 hope u like the song :D
ok two things,

1. wrong thread.

2. Plagiarism is not cool man, if you are gonna try something that low at least take it from another site from something that was uploaded a while ago, http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/4 09320

actually BOTH these songs are sto9len - this song took the guitar from the demo of fl.. 6 or 7 and simply added drums over it.

Every day I am more and more disappointed in this site. Also I am sorely disappointed in the amount of users I have had to DISQUALIFY from this contest for various reasons - you're making this portal look terrible. I hope you're fucking ashamed.

Want to chat with fellow newgrounders? Then go here & come visit The High Society Club!
ALSO - My sig isnt there just for show - CLICK IT!
I'm such an audio FAG!

BBS Signature
Kirbyfemur
Kirbyfemur
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Audiophile
Response to Nac General Discussion Thread Apr. 10th, 2011 @ 05:54 PM Reply

At 4/10/11 05:38 PM, Chronamut wrote: actually BOTH these songs are sto9len - this song took the guitar from the demo of fl.. 6 or 7 and simply added drums over it.

Every day I am more and more disappointed in this site. Also I am sorely disappointed in the amount of users I have had to DISQUALIFY from this contest for various reasons - you're making this portal look terrible. I hope you're fucking ashamed.

Eh it was bound to happen that people would be pricks to a friendly competition. It happens, we learn we live and we move on, because we are smart and talented enough to not be stupid enough to try things like this. There will always be those who don't read the wall-o-text because they don't have the patience to read simple rules. Chron just calm down, it's not even half way through the month, we'll get more good songs going soon :3

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Artist
Response to Nac General Discussion Thread Apr. 10th, 2011 @ 05:57 PM Reply

At 4/10/11 05:54 PM, Kirbyfemur wrote:
At 4/10/11 05:38 PM, Chronamut wrote: actually BOTH these songs are sto9len - this song took the guitar from the demo of fl.. 6 or 7 and simply added drums over it.

Eh it was bound to happen that people would be pricks to a friendly competition. It happens, we learn we live and we move on, because we are smart and talented enough to not be stupid enough to try things like this. There will always be those who don't read the wall-o-text because they don't have the patience to read simple rules. Chron just calm down, it's not even half way through the month, we'll get more good songs going soon :3

lets hope so. At least we have a few good ones so far.

I just get so MAD when people don't read, or don't click, and then they complain. Or they submit songs that go against the rules, or don't even fit the criteria, and then wonder why they didn't win. I am trying to give back to the audio portal a level of professionalism the rest of the site can look at and see "oh yeah.. they got it going on over ther" instead of the big GIANT stereotype everyone has of it "meh don't bother with the audio portal, it's just a massive pile of shitty submissions"

My problem is I care too damn much about this site and I really don't know why I do.

Want to chat with fellow newgrounders? Then go here & come visit The High Society Club!
I'm such an audio FAG!

BBS Signature
Kirbyfemur
Kirbyfemur
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Audiophile
Response to Nac General Discussion Thread Apr. 10th, 2011 @ 06:07 PM Reply

My problem is I care too damn much about this site and I really don't know why I do.

Well at least some people have to care about it. If everyone only bitched about it then it would just become a black and yellow festering pile of donkey cum.

BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Musician
Response to Nac General Discussion Thread Apr. 10th, 2011 @ 06:12 PM Reply

sum peepel r joust iliterite

Kirbyfemur
Kirbyfemur
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Audiophile
Response to Nac General Discussion Thread Apr. 10th, 2011 @ 06:15 PM Reply

At 4/10/11 06:12 PM, brokendeck wrote: sum peepel r joust iliterite

Wat I onlee red haf of dis, it's to long fir meeeeee!

Cleverhill
Cleverhill
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Nac General Discussion Thread Apr. 10th, 2011 @ 07:20 PM Reply

This NAC (heaven/uplifting) is great!
I'll try to compose an orchestral piece with classical instruments for this nac. I guess that won't be a problem, even when I don't make a trance/techno/electronic stylish song (?).

| Holy Adventure | Dream of being best | Music I've composed.

Cleverhill
Cleverhill
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Nac General Discussion Thread Apr. 10th, 2011 @ 07:37 PM Reply

At 4/10/11 07:20 PM, Cleverhill wrote: This NAC (heaven/uplifting) is great!
I'll try to compose an orchestral piece with classical instruments for this nac. I guess that won't be a problem, even when I don't make a trance/techno/electronic stylish song (?).

haha, oh no... Misunderstood when the deadline was set. Guess I'll have to wait for the next nac that fits my style/genre.
Sorry for DP.

PainasaurusRex
PainasaurusRex
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Nac General Discussion Thread Apr. 10th, 2011 @ 09:07 PM Reply

At 4/10/11 07:37 PM, Cleverhill wrote:
haha, oh no... Misunderstood when the deadline was set. Guess I'll have to wait for the next nac that fits my style/genre.
Sorry for DP.

The date in the Wall-o-text is wrong, it's due by later this month, so feel free to enter.

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Artist
Response to Nac General Discussion Thread Apr. 10th, 2011 @ 09:20 PM Reply

At 4/10/11 07:37 PM, Cleverhill wrote:
Sorry for DP.

yes if you had read the third post - and not just stopped at the first post.. thus further proving my point.. you would know this.

and no it has to be heavenly/uplifting /orchestral WITH a driving beat - thats the ENTIRE point of the contest. Anyone can have some classical ambiant shit as a contest. I stirred it up a bit by combining 2 unlikely genres together. Well progressive house and trance do it already but.. use your imagination :)

I'm such an audio FAG!

BBS Signature
Cleverhill
Cleverhill
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Nac General Discussion Thread Apr. 10th, 2011 @ 09:55 PM Reply

Haha, I get so confused looking at both clocks and dates at newgrounds and the norwegian clock, thinking maybe there's something wrong with the combination or something.
In addition my english is a bit weak. - (great to have a good reason to blame on everytime I feel stuiped :)
However, I'll read the description and rules for the contest properly and try to come up with something. Thanks for clarifying!

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Artist
Response to Nac General Discussion Thread Apr. 10th, 2011 @ 11:53 PM Reply

At 4/10/11 09:55 PM, Cleverhill wrote: Haha, I get so confused looking at both clocks and dates at newgrounds and the norwegian clock, thinking maybe there's something wrong with the combination or something.
In addition my english is a bit weak. - (great to have a good reason to blame on everytime I feel stuiped :)
However, I'll read the description and rules for the contest properly and try to come up with something. Thanks for clarifying!

kewl - be sure to read through the last few pages of this thread for further clarification s some peopel seem to have gotten confuzzled - remember - angelic dancefloor.

I'm such an audio FAG!

BBS Signature
uint
uint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Nac General Discussion Thread Apr. 11th, 2011 @ 06:23 AM Reply

At 4/1/11 03:48 PM, Chronamut wrote: Robotic unicorn attack :D (just cuz its happy and makes you think of clouds and butterflies and shit)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUaKxFjlO pw

AND MAEK BELIEV IN YOU

Nac General Discussion Thread

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Artist
Response to Nac General Discussion Thread Apr. 11th, 2011 @ 09:49 AM Reply

At 4/11/11 06:23 AM, uint wrote:
At 4/1/11 03:48 PM, Chronamut wrote: Robotic unicorn attack :D (just cuz its happy and makes you think of clouds and butterflies and shit)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUaKxFjlO pw
AND MAEK BELIEV IN YOU

ROFL :D

AND LIVE N HARMONY HARMONY

I'm such an audio FAG!

BBS Signature
Kirbyfemur
Kirbyfemur
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Audiophile
Response to Nac General Discussion Thread Apr. 15th, 2011 @ 02:02 PM Reply

Bump!

How goes it for everyone?

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Artist
Response to Nac General Discussion Thread Apr. 15th, 2011 @ 02:44 PM Reply

At 4/15/11 02:02 PM, Kirbyfemur wrote: Bump!

it goes.. more elaboration still needs to be discussed for next months NAC - as well as peoples suggestions if they wanna hold a contest for the second contest spot next month.

I'm such an audio FAG!

BBS Signature
Decibel
Decibel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Nac General Discussion Thread Apr. 15th, 2011 @ 02:55 PM Reply

May I suggest a couple of NAC ideas? ;]

1. Chill Electronica in the style of people like Planet Funk (Chase the Sun) and Adrian Lux (Teenage Crime), People can introduce real instruments, but it would not be a bonus. The bonus would be that the musician uses effects well and mixing must be good.

2. Romanian Dance Music, in the style of Inna, Edward Maya, Alexandra Stan, Etcetera, the bonus points would be to introduce Romanian vocals or something.

3. Rusitc/Gothic style, any genre would do as long as it stays on genre I suppose, a good example would be Maleficence by our ouwn p4c.

Kirbyfemur
Kirbyfemur
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Audiophile
Response to Nac General Discussion Thread Apr. 15th, 2011 @ 03:28 PM Reply

At 4/15/11 02:44 PM, Chronamut wrote:

it goes.. more elaboration still needs to be discussed for next months NAC - as well as peoples suggestions if they wanna hold a contest for the second contest spot next month.

I could probably think something up for a second contest. My only issue is the whole store credit thing, since I don't have much knowledge in that department lol

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Artist
Response to Nac General Discussion Thread Apr. 15th, 2011 @ 07:06 PM Reply

At 4/15/11 03:28 PM, Kirbyfemur wrote:
At 4/15/11 02:44 PM, Chronamut wrote:

I could probably think something up for a second contest. My only issue is the whole store credit thing, since I don't have much knowledge in that department lol

there is no issue - you tell me your contest idea - make a thread for me - link me to it - I throw it in my update to tom, and he awards the prizes at the end of the month when I pm him the winners.

also decibal those all seem very.. specific.. perhaps something a bit more.. general? I am trying to keep it to concepts.

I'm such an audio FAG!

BBS Signature
Blackhole12
Blackhole12
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Game Developer
Response to Nac General Discussion Thread Apr. 17th, 2011 @ 03:20 AM Reply

god fucking damn it I have this awesome kickass song idea and it just is not working and the contest is over next week and portal 2 comes out in like 2 days and FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Artist
Response to Nac General Discussion Thread Apr. 17th, 2011 @ 03:33 AM Reply

At 4/17/11 03:20 AM, Blackhole12 wrote: god fucking damn it I have this awesome kickass song idea and it just is not working and the contest is over next week and portal 2 comes out in like 2 days and FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

spend your time working on the song instead of complaining about it here dude hehe.. :P

I'm such an audio FAG!

BBS Signature
YouriX
YouriX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Musician
Response to Nac General Discussion Thread Apr. 20th, 2011 @ 08:03 AM Reply

Well did my part and made a liquidFunk heavenly song. I guess i'll make dubstep remix of that for the dubstep contest :P

Blackhole12
Blackhole12
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Game Developer
Response to Nac General Discussion Thread Apr. 20th, 2011 @ 07:25 PM Reply

Chronamut : Just because the dates were mixed up on the announcement, can you confirm that the NAC submissions will close at 11:59 PM EST this friday?

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Artist
Response to Nac General Discussion Thread Apr. 21st, 2011 @ 12:02 AM Reply

At 4/20/11 07:25 PM, Blackhole12 wrote: Chronamut : Just because the dates were mixed up on the announcement, can you confirm that the NAC submissions will close at 11:59 PM EST this friday?

yes.. however if for some reason you cannot make it I will accept late submissions all the way until sunday, but your chances of placing will be significantly lower unless you submit a mindblastingly orgasmic song.

I'm such an audio FAG!

BBS Signature
Blackhole12
Blackhole12
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Game Developer
Response to Nac General Discussion Thread Apr. 21st, 2011 @ 02:20 AM Reply

How important is mixing quality? That's pretty much the only thing I'd need extra time for. I'm pretty sure i'll be able to finish the song but this mix is driving me crazy and it'll take days, if not weeks, to get right.

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Artist
Response to Nac General Discussion Thread Apr. 22nd, 2011 @ 02:12 PM Reply

At 4/21/11 02:20 AM, Blackhole12 wrote: How important is mixing quality? That's pretty much the only thing I'd need extra time for. I'm pretty sure i'll be able to finish the song but this mix is driving me crazy and it'll take days, if not weeks, to get right.

mixing as always is very important - this is a contest of quality.. if you half ass the mix then you will natrually place lower than someone who did an excellent job.

I'm such an audio FAG!

BBS Signature
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Artist
Response to Nac General Discussion Thread Apr. 22nd, 2011 @ 02:16 PM Reply

so evil-dog pulled out last minute (no pun intended) because of a death in the family.. so I will need a new 4th judge.

Criteria:

1) I have to know who you are
2) Youy have to have been on ngs for quite a few years
3) You have to have a good knowledge of music, mixing techniques and just be a good musician overall - well-known even.

I'm such an audio FAG!

BBS Signature
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Artist
Response to Nac General Discussion Thread Apr. 22nd, 2011 @ 03:28 PM Reply

k dekeizer has offered to judge - we should be good now.

I'm such an audio FAG!

BBS Signature