00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

deadenddraws just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Golden Loop n' Song Awards

958 Views | 9 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Golden Loop n' Song Awards 2010-12-29 11:12:49

this thread is a response to my other topic bringing up the idea (Music awards on NG?). Any ideas can carry over.

This thread is a completely member-organized effort.

View nextfor details.

The best audio picks ever via facebook with all the in-depth talk stuff you always wanted.

BBS Signature

Response to Golden Loop n' Song Awards 2010-12-29 11:18:11

Hello,

In response to my thread,

I would like to make an effort for an awards "type of thing" for NG's songs and loops. I know there is a thing that is basically this "award" thing, but that's only for musicians and forum writers.
So if anybody is interested in the idea please post on this thread or my other thread (listed above).

I would be in need of judges, but unlike the other musicians thread award thing, i wouldn't be in any use of instant results, because this is for 2010. If anybody finds a song out of any category that really shines, please post it here. I will keep a list....

The best audio picks ever via facebook with all the in-depth talk stuff you always wanted.

BBS Signature

Response to Golden Loop n' Song Awards 2010-12-29 11:33:48

Categories:
There will be no songs accepted from 2009 and before.... please check and make sure before posting here.
(note there is no best song award here)
/
/
/

-Best song in "Techno" genre

-Best song in "Trance' genre

-Best song in "Ambient" genre

-Best song in "Classical" genre

-Best song for cover

-Best song for Remixes of old video games (tetris, megaman, rayman, mario, etc.

-Best Video game song

-Best song for Holidays

-Best song for Hip Hop

-Best song with a combination (video game with jazz, etc.

-Best song in "Dubstep" genre

-Best song in "Drum n' Bass" genre

-Best song in "Jazz" genre

-Best song in "Dance" genre

-Most hilarious song

-Best "rap" song

-Hardest rap song

-Best "heavy metal" song

-Best song for ALL rock

-Best song in "Pop" genre

-Best song in "Funk" genre

-Best Hardstyle Song

-Best song in New Wave/Industrial

-Best song not in these categories

Thanks, and make sure there in 2010

BBS Signature

Response to Golden Loop n' Song Awards 2010-12-31 14:50:56

bump and all can start posting by midnight

BBS Signature

Response to Golden Loop n' Song Awards 2011-01-01 18:35:06

Okay, ive seen that ive gotten more than 100 reviews in under 2 days :), but somethings gotta happen on this thread... since i havent seen anything good yet (only first day of 2011 though).

So if anybody would like to discuss about this topic, or volunteer to be an official song recommender or judge, feel free to post!

Bump... let's get this started with week's top

BBS Signature

Response to Golden Loop n' Song Awards 2011-01-01 18:43:12

5 straight posts by the OP...

C-C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!!!!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Golden Loop n' Song Awards 2011-01-02 03:26:50

Nobody wants to do this because:
1. Run by someone we don't know on the audio forum and
2. We already have a similar awards thread which has been going on every year.

Check out Morphone music on my page and on Youtube. All varieties of music here.

BBS Signature

Response to Golden Loop n' Song Awards 2011-01-02 03:37:50

No one is interested... stop bumping a dead thread.

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to Golden Loop n' Song Awards 2011-01-02 03:46:03

It's a nice idea, but like Morphone said, there's already a forum/portal awards thread for this kind of thing. Sure, this is more focused on the Audio Portal, but it's still pretty similar.

My advice is that it could be that nobody's joining because this doesn't look like it has much potential. You're pretty new to the forum and while this isn't a bad thing, people might not feel so inclined to take part in a competition run by someone they haven't heard of, which means you'll have to put extra effort into making this look more interesting.

Be more prepared. Look around and PM the Audio Forum regulars, I'm sure you'll find a person or two who might be willing to be a judge. Try and give this concept a bit of a twist, and make it original to this forum, and not a simple 'post the best song for each category' thread. Try and make your post a bit more organised too, with a clear list of rules and some HTML formatting to make it look easy on the eyes.

I've got a bit of experience running competitions so if you need any help, feel free to contact me.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Golden Loop n' Song Awards 2011-01-02 14:40:43

Ya thanks SuperSteph,

and ill take your advice.

With only 3 other posts from other people in the community, i think ill be running this thing on my profile, and get some private judges to start thinking about good songs.

I am new to forums and NG, but im not to music....

BBS Signature