00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

xTY3x's art thread

12,411 Views | 135 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to xTY3x's art thread 2010-12-29 18:35:30

At 12/29/10 06:30 PM, DemocracyFTW wrote:
At 12/29/10 06:20 PM, xTY3x wrote: here's some quick black and white of an elite. they just kick asses.
Did you actually draw that?

i hope so, if not i don't know what i did in the last 2 hours. talking seriously, yes i did drawn that, you can check it in Hi Res.

Bringing the fun in funeral.

My Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to xTY3x's art thread 2010-12-29 18:38:32

At 12/29/10 06:30 PM, DemocracyFTW wrote:
At 12/29/10 06:20 PM, xTY3x wrote: here's some quick black and white of an elite. they just kick asses.
Did you actually draw that?

You would have to know something about Negative spaces to do this properly .

Response to xTY3x's art thread 2010-12-29 18:56:29

At 12/29/10 06:38 PM, argile wrote: You would have to know something about Negative spaces to do this properly .

i don't understand, you're saying i didn't draw that? look at it full view in the art portal, you can see clearly the brush strokes.

My Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to xTY3x's art thread 2010-12-30 18:33:44

here's a second one i worked on today. i like the result.
Hi Res.

xTY3x's art thread

My Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to xTY3x's art thread 2011-01-03 15:16:14

here's some more. i was inspired by the awesome warhammer concept artists who everyday produce that awesomeness. tryed to get at least near. since i have a chaos armada i decided to go with a chaos lord.

xTY3x's art thread

My Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to xTY3x's art thread 2011-01-03 15:22:51

At 12/30/10 06:33 PM, xTY3x wrote: here's a second one i worked on today. i like the result.
Hi Res.

These look either filtered, or just flat out traced. If you're using a reference, show us.

every morn I awake from the cavernous night

look at my pictures

look at pictures I look at

BBS Signature

Response to xTY3x's art thread 2011-01-03 15:30:01

At 1/3/11 03:22 PM, DemocracyFTW wrote:
At 12/30/10 06:33 PM, xTY3x wrote: here's a second one i worked on today. i like the result.
Hi Res.
These look either filtered, or just flat out traced. If you're using a reference, show us.

you're so boring, anyway here's the reference: if you look closely comparing the two images you see i made the one i posted.

xTY3x's art thread

My Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to xTY3x's art thread 2011-01-03 17:35:39

One thing's for sure, you've definitely improved a great deal since the beginning.

Response to xTY3x's art thread 2011-01-03 18:40:31

At 1/3/11 05:35 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: One thing's for sure, you've definitely improved a great deal since the beginning.

thanks, but the first sketches of this thread were a very rough base for my character, and the first drawings i made digitally were comic-ish. i draw since i was a toad, anywhere, home, school, so i think i had the basics before making those silly drawings. obviously now i can use the tablet and photoshop way better than six month ago, but my technique is almost the same as before. anyway thank you for the support.

My Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to xTY3x's art thread 2011-01-03 20:18:08

here's my piece for the tarot card collab by knocturne: mine was judgement.

xTY3x's art thread

My Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to xTY3x's art thread 2011-01-03 20:30:15

At 1/3/11 08:18 PM, xTY3x wrote: here's my piece for the tarot card collab by knocturne: mine was judgement.

Looks like she's about to give him a footjob >.>

Animator for hire. Check out the stuff I have on the portal and the forums. If you like something, send me a message.

BBS Signature

Response to xTY3x's art thread 2011-01-03 21:55:31

At 1/3/11 08:30 PM, Xcyper33 wrote: Looks like she's about to give him a footjob >.>

it's an angel, they don't have gender. anyway you're a perv.

My Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to xTY3x's art thread 2011-04-29 11:59:06

another warhammer related illustration for you. here in HD

xTY3x's art thread

My Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to xTY3x's art thread 2011-05-20 16:33:53

here's a quick cartoon i made for a request. here's the HD version

xTY3x's art thread

My Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to xTY3x's art thread 2011-05-21 11:06:57

the baloons say:"doctor, i had a strange dream: i was just the crazy creation of an anti-smitic cartoonist".
it's in italian and i was too lazy to translate it in photoshop.

My Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to xTY3x's art thread 2011-05-21 13:46:00

here's an updated version of my previous work. i added some textures to make it grittier.

xTY3x's art thread

My Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to xTY3x's art thread 2011-06-04 14:15:49

here's my latest work, done for this week's friday flood. i did it very quickly, so it's not really accurate, but i think it's ok. i should have worked more on the light, but, you know what, screw this shit.

anyway, it seems that nobody is giving a shit of my thread in months, so i'll continue posting terrible drawings till someone comes and tell me to stop. then i'll laugh.

xTY3x's art thread

My Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to xTY3x's art thread 2011-06-04 14:19:09

You're amazing, I love how you vastly improved over time.

Sacred wind tribe

BBS Signature

Response to xTY3x's art thread 2011-06-04 14:25:54

At 6/4/11 02:19 PM, TasmanianDevil wrote: You're amazing, I love how you vastly improved over time.

yeah, you know, everything looks better with a good tablet and photoshop.

My Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to xTY3x's art thread 2011-06-04 14:31:54

however i forgot to post some shitty weapon designs i did a while ago. i think i'll start my series of terrible works spamming this dull stuff.

My Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to xTY3x's art thread 2011-06-04 14:33:56

At 6/4/11 02:25 PM, xTY3x wrote:
At 6/4/11 02:19 PM, TasmanianDevil wrote: You're amazing, I love how you vastly improved over time.

I beg to differ, mostly because I know great stuff can be produced with a mouse, as I've seen it. That being said, there is certainly a large amount of improvement, which almost seems unbelievable. It's why it's made some commenters suspicious as it's not been the first time we've had people post traces here.

Response to xTY3x's art thread 2011-06-04 14:50:36

At 6/4/11 02:33 PM, Armaina wrote:
At 6/4/11 02:25 PM, xTY3x wrote:
I beg to differ, mostly because I know great stuff can be produced with a mouse, as I've seen it. That being said, there is certainly a large amount of improvement, which almost seems unbelievable. It's why it's made some commenters suspicious as it's not been the first time we've had people post traces here.

i know, i made the mistake of posting some shitty sketches, in which i was just experimenting a new minimal and simple style, in the first posts. this wasn't my highest level of skill, it was just an experiment. that said i don't know what to tell you: if you're referring to those elite drawings (and i'm quite sure you do) the only thing i can say is i just copied them from some pictures, altering the tones and contrast, i didn't traced them, hell i don't trace at all and i never did it in my life. all you can do is thrust me and consider me an honest artist because there aren't neither proves that i traced neither proves that i didn't, so we're going nowhere this way. but i'm tired of keeping defending myself against these groundless charges, so i won't anymore in the future.

My Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to xTY3x's art thread 2011-06-04 14:56:45

I can't believe i never posted in your thread!! Your arts are awesome! And I loved your card for the tarot collab, I think I even said it in that thread.
Anyway, great job, keep it up!

Who are you looking for? What are you looking at?

A light? a star. A boat? an insect. A plane? a flying fish

BBS Signature

Response to xTY3x's art thread 2011-06-04 15:04:08

At 6/4/11 02:56 PM, MasterMerol wrote: I can't believe i never posted in your thread!! Your arts are awesome! And I loved your card for the tarot collab, I think I even said it in that thread.
Anyway, great job, keep it up!

thanks. i've seen you have been recently frontpaged, good for you. i like your use of crayons and the colors of your works, very original.

My Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to xTY3x's art thread 2011-06-04 15:12:12

At 6/4/11 02:50 PM, xTY3x wrote: i know, i made the mistake of posting some shitty sketches, in which i was just experimenting a new minimal and simple style, in the first posts. this wasn't my highest level of skill, it was just an experiment. that said i don't know what to tell you: if you're referring to those elite drawings (and i'm quite sure you do) the only thing i can say is i just copied them from some pictures, altering the tones and contrast, i didn't traced them, hell i don't trace at all and i never did it in my life. all you can do is thrust me and consider me an honest artist because there aren't neither proves that i traced neither proves that i didn't, so we're going nowhere this way. but i'm tired of keeping defending myself against these groundless charges, so i won't anymore in the future.

First I'd just like to point out that I'm not accusing you of anything, only just trying to point out why some of the other comments lend to a tone of suspicion. Actually, the black and white images do look like the rest of your work, if anything it was the kirby image that struck me as the most surprising as there was a finish to it a lot of your past images lacked. But I'm seeing that same kind of finish again in your current 40K WIP.

I've seen leaps in progress before, so I certainly don't doubt your improvement at all, and if anything my surprise is more of a compliment. Keep it up, your finesse with digital painting is really looking nice. My only real input is that some of your anatomical structure could use some work, but I'm sure you'll improve in that field as well :D

Response to xTY3x's art thread 2011-06-04 15:19:23

At 6/4/11 03:12 PM, Armaina wrote:

First I'd just like to point out that I'm not accusing you of anything, only just trying to point out why some of the other comments lend to a tone of suspicion. Actually, the black and white images do look like the rest of your work, if anything it was the kirby image that struck me as the most surprising as there was a finish to it a lot of your past images lacked. But I'm seeing that same kind of finish again in your current 40K WIP.

I've seen leaps in progress before, so I certainly don't doubt your improvement at all, and if anything my surprise is more of a compliment. Keep it up, your finesse with digital painting is really looking nice. My only real input is that some of your anatomical structure could use some work, but I'm sure you'll improve in that field as well :D

i'm glad you like my works, and yes, about the ones you mentioned, let's say i just spent a lot more time on them than others. anyway i'd like to know precisely which works you're referring to when you suggest improving anatomical structure. i really want to get better and i think precise and costructive criticism is the best way to do that.

My Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to xTY3x's art thread 2011-06-04 15:54:48

At 6/4/11 03:19 PM, xTY3x wrote: i'm glad you like my works, and yes, about the ones you mentioned, let's say i just spent a lot more time on them than others. anyway i'd like to know precisely which works you're referring to when you suggest improving anatomical structure. i really want to get better and i think precise and costructive criticism is the best way to do that.

Well I'm always open to giving redlines if needed. Places like http://www.posemaniacs.com/ can be great for getting an idea of form in a certain pose. However you never want to reference 3D models too heavily. Also, surprisingly enough, Elfwood has a great collection of reference photos.
http://www.elftown.com/_Reference%20pict ures

So I hope this helps in some way. Doing skeletal drawings can help too if you can't take any Life Art classes.

Response to xTY3x's art thread 2011-06-04 16:19:00

i meant, what was wrong and where precisely. can you be more specific?

My Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to xTY3x's art thread 2011-06-05 11:17:55

here are the promised crappy weapon designs:

xTY3x's art thread

My Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to xTY3x's art thread 2011-06-05 11:19:20

actually i ade them for the "design a weapon" thread, or something similar, by dommi fresh.

My Art Thread

BBS Signature