New Topic Respond to this Topic
Buster60
Buster60
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Hand drawn animation questions Dec. 24th, 2010 @ 11:57 AM Reply

You must have seen some artistic cool looking hand drawn (on paper and not in flash) animations. I thought about trying to make a game with some hand drawn animations myself, so I have a few questions about the it:
Is there anyway to make the process faster than scanning the page with the pics, cropping the pics and making animations out of them? it sounds like tons of unneeded work and hours of chore- like tasks. Also, I think the pictures will be in a low quality, and will have a white- outline thingy. And there will be alot of rendering required. So is there any way to avoid all of these?
Thanks =]

MintPaw
MintPaw
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Programmer
Response to Hand drawn animation questions Dec. 24th, 2010 @ 01:52 PM Reply

I'd just suggest using a graphics tablet.

If ya have something to say, PM me. I have a lot of time to spare.
Also never PM egg82.

BBS Signature
Mufanza
Mufanza
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Hand drawn animation questions Dec. 24th, 2010 @ 03:37 PM Reply

At 12/24/10 11:57 AM, Buster60 wrote: Is there anyway to make the process faster than scanning the page with the pics, cropping the pics and making animations out of them?

Nope, that's how it's ment to be :P
You can avoid the need for cropping if you postion your drawings carefully tho
And perhaps you could google a software that could crop and resize mass amounts of pictures at once (and let me know if you find one!)

Polonium
Polonium
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Hand drawn animation questions Dec. 24th, 2010 @ 04:06 PM Reply

the quickest way to do it is to edit the textual source code of a blank .jpeg file to activate the pixels required to form the desired image, then import each individual file into flash in sequence

BBS Signature
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Hand drawn animation questions Dec. 26th, 2010 @ 11:39 AM Reply

At 12/24/10 03:37 PM, Mufanza wrote: Nope, that's how it's ment to be :P
You can avoid the need for cropping if you postion your drawings carefully tho
And perhaps you could google a software that could crop and resize mass amounts of pictures at once (and let me know if you find one!)

Photoshop can resize mass amounts of images. Its called Batch processing. You can get the batch process to open the image, resize it, get rid of the white background maybe, and then save the image. It can do this to an entire folder of images automatically.

BBS Signature