New Topic Respond to this Topic
CAN-OF-SPAM
CAN-OF-SPAM
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Why are ''magic mushrooms'' illegal 2010-12-22 00:44:23 Reply

Why are psilocybin mushrooms illegal? Several studies and tests show they are less harmful than an asprin and they are non addictive. And you can't abuse them because the body will build a small temporary short tolerance after taking one so the effects will get weaker and weaker until you stop for a while. A report even showed they even decrease the symptoms of depression and anxiety to the point wher they're almost gone. Hell they even can grow in your own yard, and if it's illegal because some dumbass went into the forest and mistaken poisinous mushrooms for psilocybin mushrooms then it's your own fucking fault and you should consult an expert before you eat something you picked, and you shouldn't pick anyways because it's very risky and stupid. It's better to purchase
spores and grow the mushrooms yourself so there is little of a chance of killing yourself over a mistake. And you need to be mature and responsible when you take them, kind of like alcohol, it's stupid to ban them for something someone did while high on shrooms though drunk drivers and drunk people kill thousands every year.

Also they're cool as hell to watch in a time lapse http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cC8tNM8T9 P8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Klik
Klik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Audiophile
Response to Why are ''magic mushrooms'' illegal 2010-12-22 00:45:19 Reply

He's a witch! Burn him!

Why are ''magic mushrooms'' illegal

Klik
Klik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Audiophile
Response to Why are ''magic mushrooms'' illegal 2010-12-22 00:48:31 Reply

Burn em all!

Blue-Dolphin
Blue-Dolphin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Why are ''magic mushrooms'' illegal 2010-12-22 00:49:11 Reply

Most likely because they fuck up your train of though beyond the point of being capable to think straight, if you take enough, of course.

Chdonga
Chdonga
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Game Developer
Response to Why are ''magic mushrooms'' illegal 2010-12-22 00:49:34 Reply

At 12/22/10 12:49 AM, Blue-Dolphin wrote: Most likely because they fuck up your train of though beyond the point of being capable to think straight, if you take enough, of course.

Just like weed.

BBS Signature
CAN-OF-SPAM
CAN-OF-SPAM
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Why are ''magic mushrooms'' illegal 2010-12-22 00:49:59 Reply

What in the fuck does that have to do with mushrooms?

elementell
elementell
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Why are ''magic mushrooms'' illegal 2010-12-22 00:50:16 Reply

At 12/22/10 12:49 AM, Chdonga wrote:
At 12/22/10 12:49 AM, Blue-Dolphin wrote: Most likely because they fuck up your train of though beyond the point of being capable to think straight, if you take enough, of course.
Just like weed.

Or alchohol.

Chdonga
Chdonga
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Game Developer
Response to Why are ''magic mushrooms'' illegal 2010-12-22 00:51:18 Reply

At 12/22/10 12:50 AM, elementell wrote:
Just like weed.
Or alchohol.

Or any drug in that matter.

BBS Signature
CAN-OF-SPAM
CAN-OF-SPAM
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Why are ''magic mushrooms'' illegal 2010-12-22 00:51:53 Reply

That's why when you don't bite off more than you can chew, and they have no lasting affects no matter how much or long you take them for.

Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Why are ''magic mushrooms'' illegal 2010-12-22 00:53:16 Reply

At 12/22/10 12:50 AM, elementell wrote:
Just like weed.
Or alchohol.

Which is perfectly legal. Also, the whole war on drugs is an utter failure and it just waste police resources and HUGE amounts of tax dollars. By keeping drugs illegal you keep them out of stores, which means that the drug money all funds violent gangs are cartels.

It is just like prohibition which many regard as the single biggest mistake and failure in the history of the United States.

For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
CAN-OF-SPAM
CAN-OF-SPAM
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Why are ''magic mushrooms'' illegal 2010-12-22 00:59:14 Reply

My point exactly cootie, I'm fine with weed, mdma, and lsd, but when you get into shit like heroin, crack, meth, and all that nasty shit, that's where I draw the line, and what the hell? You can even buy spores of illegal mushrooms online, same with marijuana seeds. And mushrooms are overall an awesome species. FUN FACT: did you know you have microscopic mushrooms growing on your skin.

Fleuve
Fleuve
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Why are ''magic mushrooms'' illegal 2010-12-22 01:01:46 Reply

At 12/22/10 12:53 AM, Cootie wrote: It is just like prohibition which many regard as the single biggest mistake and failure in the history of the United States.

lol well now THAT'S an understatement..

Ryanson
Ryanson
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to Why are ''magic mushrooms'' illegal 2010-12-22 01:10:34 Reply

This is why magic mushrooms are illegal.

Life is a performance, and the world is full of critics. Give it your all like it's your last show.
You don't even want to know

BBS Signature
CAN-OF-SPAM
CAN-OF-SPAM
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Why are ''magic mushrooms'' illegal 2010-12-22 01:27:26 Reply

Well I did some checking and so far what I found out is that they are infact legal in holland.

Fim
Fim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 47
Audiophile
Response to Why are ''magic mushrooms'' illegal 2010-12-22 01:38:06 Reply

At 12/22/10 01:33 AM, Friday wrote: Magic Mushrooms are illegal due to the things they do to people.

They can be dangerous and they simply took a precaution and banned them.

Could you imagine how fucked America would be if ALL drugs were legal?

Just because alcohol is legal does that mean that all of america is drunk 100% of the time?

BBS Signature
Gerbil
Gerbil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Why are ''magic mushrooms'' illegal 2010-12-22 01:41:40 Reply

At 12/22/10 01:33 AM, Friday wrote: Could you imagine how fucked America would be if ALL drugs were legal?

Nope

Steam | TF2BP

Sig by armorfag or whatever

BBS Signature
CAN-OF-SPAM
CAN-OF-SPAM
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Why are ''magic mushrooms'' illegal 2010-12-22 01:45:21 Reply

Mushrooms don't have shit on PCP, the worst you can do with mushrooms is freak out, look up big lurch, he took PCP and killed his roommate and ate his lung. Also I found another cool time lapse http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBgfhsw4q Hk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Cordyceps
Cordyceps
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Animator
Response to Why are ''magic mushrooms'' illegal 2010-12-22 02:00:28 Reply

I challenge you to eat several ounces of mushrooms and not die.

Senmetsu
Senmetsu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Why are ''magic mushrooms'' illegal 2010-12-22 02:02:28 Reply

Just like weed.

Weed has never made me incapable of thinking straight. I never woke up the next day and was like 'omg i cant believe i did that...DAMN YOUZ MARIJUANA!!' Those who have experienced this lapse of judgment must not have a strong self-identity. I know who I am and what my limitations are throughout every change of my state of mind...

I dunno why mushies are illegal, possibly because unlike weed shrooms will actually will push your train of thought to the point where you have problems remembering how to behave in public. That's why I make it a rule not to leave the house :)

Here's a story: I was in Vancouver, BC on my honeymoon and we were tokin mass bowls at The Amsterdam Cafe, which is a place you can go to smoke weed without harassment from the law, and they serve yummy snacks. We were hanging out in the "smoking room" which, oddly enough, wasn't wasn't for weed smoking. You CAN smoke weed in there, but most of the stoners just smoke in the restaurant part. The smoking room is for people who want to smoke a cigarette.

Anyway! This guy comes up to us, he's black with a grey hoodie, pupils the size of saucers, and he stands there staring at us. Being the friendly stoners we are we just pass it to him. He is capable of hitting it, but when I turn and say "hey man, whats up? havin a fun time?" he can't respond with words. At one point he begins saying things like "I fucked up. I fucked up. I fucked up.. I fucked up...... I fucked up." and we're like "How?" and he's like "I dunno. I fucked up." then he pulls out a baggie with some shrooms in it and throws them on the ground. He wasted about an eighth of shrooms in the process... :( :(

That's why they're illegal, because they make people like that walk up to you in public and start saying "I fucked up. I fucked up. I fucked up."...suppose if he had done this to a car? Or a train?

Perhaps he had become violent after realizing how much he fucked up, I've seen some people try to get in fights after taking the shrooms...and over shit they wouldn't fight about normally. Just like any trip there are good trips, meh trips, and bad trips... And sometimes the fluctuate, but we don't want anyone having a bad trip and reacting without the better portion of their judgment. Sadly Alcohol has been known to make people do a lot worse...and its legal...and my alcoholism won't let me say "and it should be illegal" but technically it should be illegal if weed is illegal...or crossing not at a crosswalk when there's absolutely no traffic for miles...

Hmmm... I hope I explained it properly. However, a man in his own home eating shrooms and harming/bothering noone, is ok. Victimless crimes are BS as hell...FIGHT DA POWAH!

!NG Birthday List! :3 Current Count: 151 <3|||HELLO OPERATOR!|||Greatest Thread Ever!
Formerly, and still,Rahvin-the-vampire. Thanks Valjylmyr :)

BBS Signature
Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Why are ''magic mushrooms'' illegal 2010-12-22 02:19:50 Reply

History has proved, time and fucking time again, that restriction and education has always worked better then outright prohibition. I don't why they restrict it so, and I'm sure that if you pressure any fucking politician responsible for it's prohibition, they don't either.

Yes, every single drug will have consequences if over-dosed on, the like. But acting out of fear rather then reasonable risk is such a bad choice, I hang my head in shame at the mention of it.

CAN-OF-SPAM
CAN-OF-SPAM
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Why are ''magic mushrooms'' illegal 2010-12-22 02:39:14 Reply

Aww poor bastard, you ONLY take shrooms when your in a good happy mood because you will most likely have a very enjoyable trip, if you ar in a shitty sad mood then that can increase the chance of a bad trip. And it's best to do it alone or with 1 person rather in pubic because knowing how the world is, it can make a decent fun happy trip turn to hell in seconds.

iamgrimreaper
iamgrimreaper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Programmer
Response to Why are ''magic mushrooms'' illegal 2010-12-22 02:45:33 Reply

Illegal? No they're not...

BBS Signature
Tribal
Tribal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Programmer
Response to Why are ''magic mushrooms'' illegal 2010-12-22 02:45:56 Reply

Because people don't believe in magic.

Join chat | In Obscurity Forever.| Least noticed user '13? Vote for me!
Sig by Me.

BBS Signature
CAN-OF-SPAM
CAN-OF-SPAM
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Why are ''magic mushrooms'' illegal 2010-12-22 03:07:42 Reply

At 12/22/10 02:45 AM, iamgrimreaper wrote: Illegal? No they're not...

You live in amsterdam, it's legal there but not in the US and Canada.

6r0undZ3r0
6r0undZ3r0
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Why are ''magic mushrooms'' illegal 2010-12-22 03:08:53 Reply

I think it may be because they make you trip balls.

BBS Signature
WeHaveFreshCookies
WeHaveFreshCookies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Game Developer
Response to Why are ''magic mushrooms'' illegal 2010-12-22 03:27:00 Reply

At 12/22/10 01:27 AM, CAN-OF-SPAM wrote: Well I did some checking and so far what I found out is that they are infact legal in holland.

Fucking EVERYTHING is legal in Holland.

Rallard
Rallard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Why are ''magic mushrooms'' illegal 2010-12-22 03:37:39 Reply

Less harmful physically than aspirin? Sure.

Less harmful mentally? Fuck no.

Shrooms can make a seemingly normal person turn into a psychotic mess. Even I got suicidal during a bad trip.

blah569
blah569
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Programmer
Response to Why are ''magic mushrooms'' illegal 2010-12-22 03:39:54 Reply

At 12/22/10 03:37 AM, Rallard wrote: Less harmful physically than aspirin? Sure.

Less harmful mentally? Fuck no.

Shrooms can make a seemingly normal person turn into a psychotic mess. Even I got suicidal during a bad trip.

Like any psychedelic drug, you need to be in a good state of mind to enjoy your trip.

BBS Signature
fuzzum111
fuzzum111
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Blank Slate
Response to Why are ''magic mushrooms'' illegal 2010-12-22 03:42:51 Reply

They alter your mindstate, to that of what is not considered "normal" so they don't want people doing dumb things while high on them.

My Youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/fuzzum1 11
If you get a ban, it was totally worth it. 10/10, I love you. -Skaren

BBS Signature
DingoTheDog
DingoTheDog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Why are ''magic mushrooms'' illegal 2010-12-22 03:56:25 Reply

Making them illegal makes them cooler, Its all a marketing strategy. Profits be soaring like an eagle!

BBS Signature