00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Help me make a Smash Bros camera

684 Views | 4 Replies

Help me make a Smash Bros camera 2010-12-18 00:59:59

I'm trying to make a Smash Bros. style camera system. I want the camera to always show the player and the next objective item on screen, and if the player moves further away, it should zoom out to keep both on screen, and if they move closer, it should zoom in (to a point). I have no idea how to do this. I've tried manipulating 'scrollings' but that makes jittery window movements.

Response to Help me make a Smash Bros camera 2011-10-30 02:03:57

don't worry, i don't think it's impossible. in the scrolling options of the object properties menu, do you have the "follow the frame" box checked? if not, then it could get pretty jittery. if you figure out how to zoom in and out, please tell me because i don't know.

TOAST

Response to Help me make a Smash Bros camera 2011-10-31 07:30:02

You can't make the camera zoom in and out to fit objects on screen.

Response to Help me make a Smash Bros camera 2011-10-31 07:34:35

At 10/31/11 07:30 AM, Nero1024 wrote: You can't make the camera zoom in and out to fit objects on screen.

Technically you can, just not in TGF2. If you get MMF2 you can download an extension called the perspective object (i believe thats the one) that can change the zoom of the screen. I've done it before :D

Response to Help me make a Smash Bros camera 2011-10-31 09:21:34

You could also do it by scaling every single entity on the screen to a value and change the X and Y coordinates accordingly but I'm betting it would run pretty slow and take some complex maths. So yeah not very feasible in TGF2.