00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

StickmanMarkinson just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ngadm '10 Round 4 Results

3,400 Views | 51 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Ngadm '10 Round 4 Results 2010-12-13 13:50:26

4 day delay, but Round 4 has now ended. I'm going to cut the crap; this round's submissions were all superb. I downloaded each one and fav'd half of them. Was not easy to decide on the results, but thankfully all the judges finished today and the results can now be posted.

Remember that the two people who pass this round will be the finalists. They'll be battling it out for first place, which includes a first place sig, detailed reviews from the judges on 3 of the winner's songs and a frontpage.

Now, after one hell of an epic round, here are the results. Remember that I'll be using my alts to post some of the results, especially since the reviews we did this round were much larger than the last rounds' reviews. Don't post in this thread until I give the go ahead which is after I post the final results of the round.

Enjoy the results!

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Ngadm '10 Round 4 Results 2010-12-13 13:53:01

RESULTS - SUPERSTEPH54

1.) Bjra vs dj-Nate

SUMMARY: WOW.

REVIEW:
Not going to lie, this is definitely one of my favourite, if not my favourite, track from you. You adopted a similar Video Game style as The Great Escape, but gave it a trancier feel. The whole song flows really smoothly, and the excellent production shows that you really know your way around your DAW. I'm really impressed with this submission, excellent work!

The general atmosphere of the submission is what got me the most. This has such an... entrancing feel to it. The square lead, the background arp, the accompanying breakbeat... everything just flows so beautifully. This has quite an airy, light sound too, so it does its title justice. I mean, the instant I heard that lead, I was immediately sent to a nostalgic train of thought involving many different childhood games I used to play. Atmosphere-wise, you've hit the nail right on the head.

I'll continue by talking about the sounds you used, and let me say that they were amazing. That lead has a superb mixture of trance and video-game sound, and the arp you used in the background, first heard at 0:14, is incredibly good. The piano that came in later on was a very nice touch, and like in The Great Escape, it fit better than I thought it would. That said, I have some complaints. Firstly, I'm not a huge fan of the snare you used. It seems to pop out too much, and sounds somewhat rough. Take, for example, 2:25. That snare roll comes in quite abruptly, and I think a lighter, clap-like snare would fit a little better in this case, or at least a snare which isn't so rough. Another complaint would be about the bass which faded in at 0:06 and was used in a few parts of the song. I think that, like the snare, the bass sounds a little out of place and rough for a submission like this.

Regarding composition, I was very impressed. The lead was introduced really nicely at 0:29, and from then on it kept a superb progression with a great variety of different melodies. At first I thought that you could have made a memorable melody which you repeat a little more in certain parts throughout the song to give the song a solid structure, but after a few listens, the progression of the melodies really grows on you and I don't think it's necessary. Composition was a tad bit lacking in dynamics as well, but this is a Video Game song, so who am I to complain?

I'll leave this paragraph for the intro and outro. Starting with your intro, I'll say that it was very fitting. A very trancy intro, which made a sudden but very smooth change to Video Game-inspired music at 0:28. The outro was nice too, although it didn't seem to fit in my opinion. Sure, it was a satisfying ending to a great song, but it didn't seem to match with the structure of the song in my opinion. My suggestion is this: replace 2:54 - 2:55 with the notes at 1:26-1:27, scrap from 2:56 onwards and then end the song with the note you used at 1:28-ish, accompanied by a kick and crash. I don't know if that will work though, and in any case, the outro is pretty good as it is anyway, so I won't reduce any points for it.

Anyway, that's it from me. I'm not going to lie - this song is extremely impressive and really sucks you in to the general theme, despite some sounds which don't fit as well as I would've liked them to. It also got me to favourite you, so good job there too :D.

SCORE: 9.5/10

----------

SUMMARY: An original idea, but maybe too original?

REVIEW:
It's a really nice song overall. The production of the song was very, very good, as usual. Not only that, but mixing the three different genres of electro house, chiptune and orchestral, some of which have nothing to do with each other, was a very original idea, and each of the three genres played an important role in the song. Nice work.

Probably, the main trait of this submission would be the genre mix, so I'll comment about that first. Like I said above, it was an original idea. That being said, I don't think the orchestral parts fit as well as they could've fit. The orchestral parts almost sounded extra, and when the song almost randomly switched to another genre (like from the intro to 0:22), it took me by surprise and made me feel that the song is a bit random. Sure, the orchestral parts on their own were great, and there were some decent transitions from electro house/chiptune to orchestral and vice versa (such as 1:14 which was abrupt and takes the listener by surprise, but still a good transition), but the problem is that adding orchestral elements made the song almost lose its identity and start sounding a tad bit random.

On to the production, I can't say I wasn't impressed. The mix was well balanced, and the mastering and mixing overall was sublime. I think you could have added a bit more bass to the saw lead that came in around 0:22 - 0:24, but that's probably just me. I heard no noticeable clipping, and everything was heard clearly. Nice, nice :D.

The melodies weren't exactly the strong point of this submission, but then again they're not supposed to be so I won't comment about them. Like in your other songs, though, the rhythms are varied and very interesting, especially the rhythms of the chiptune elements. While at times the song can get uninteresting, it's the variety of rhythms and sounds which'll probably keep a listener 1enjoying it till the end. Oh, and even though orchestral didn't fit that well in the song, the part at 1:14 was really nice, and the subtle entrance of the strings really did it for me. On to the next paragraph.

The percussion was very good, and got you a few points. The transitions from one percussion style to another were pretty smooth. I'm hearing orchestral drums (0:07), electro house drums (0:22) and chiptune drums (0:29). The chiptune and electro house drums were mixed together particularly well, so good job over there. The occasional use of crash cymbals and reverse cymbals worked out rather well too, and helped a lot in the transitions. I have no complaints with the percussion.

Lastly, I'll talk about the intro and outro. The intro, while not being anything special, built up to the main theme rather well. While I think you could have made the very beginning of the intro a bit more interesting instead of just piano and a random brass staccato, it's still a good intro which does the song justice. As for the ending, you mixed electro house with chiptune quite well before ending it in a trancy manner with sidechaining on a crash cymbal. Pretty good ending, if not a bit abrupt.

All in all, I enjoyed this song. The randomness of the genres is a bit of the shame, and I did mention a few nitpicks such as the slightly uninteresting intro, slightly abrupt outro, etc... but that's not to say it's a bad song. Keep it up.

SCORE: 8.5/10

--------------------

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Ngadm '10 Round 4 Results 2010-12-13 13:55:58

2.) SBB vs varrin7

SUMMARY: Cool, but very bassey.

REVIEW:
Again you pump out a ridiculously original song with a structure which is unheard of in music :D. You're also really good at it, so I'm not complaining. This sounds so perfect for a flash game, really, especially in some sort of sewer level like Acid-Paradox mentioned (sorry for comparing your song to a sewer :P). But yeah, a very cool and original song, I love it!

Starting with what impressed me the most, it'd be the structure which as you said was out-of-the-ordinary. You had occasional time signature changes, and introduced new sections in the song which were completely unexpected and surprising, yet still leave me thinking 'wow that actually worked out really well' after hearing them. Not only that, but the different sections were all interesting and enjoyable, especially the one at 2:14 where the song subtly goes into a quieter ambient part and at 2:28 a triangle wave-like synth plays an exceptionally catchy melody. The section that followed afterwards was awesome too. All in all, you've managed to make something both really original and and really interesting in terms of structure. And that got you a lot of points. And points are naic.

Moving on. The instruments that you used at times really had nothing to do with each other, yet you still managed to fit them together and they really gave the song that interesting and unique feel. The arabic/egyptian like instrument had a really cool sound and fit perfectly with the melodies it was playing. Additionally, the bells were incredibly fitting too, particularly in the intro. Lastly, the sounds you used for the percussion were extraordinary. The snare/clap sounded fantastic, and I'm hearing some ethnic influences such as tambourines, bongoes, etc... I have but one complaint about the sounds. That kick is so punchy that I think it covers the listener in bruises by the time s/he's done listening to the song. I think for this song you could have gone for a little less punchy kick and a little more of an atmospheric kick.

On to the production. It was great, as your production skills typically suggest. Everything was heard very clearly and nothing popped out too much EXCEPT that bass, which brings me to my next point. This song has one hell of a bass, and I think that it would help if you tone down the bass a bit. Maybe it's just me, but I think that the bass took over the mix a bit too much.

I don't really have much to say about the composition. The rhythms, time signature changes and melodies were all flawlessly done and I thoroughly enjoyed them. You actually almost got my head bobbing at 2:55, and that's an incredible feat. Excellent job.

I'll talk about the percussion and intro/outro in one paragraph, beginning with the percussion. As usual, your beats were brilliant, and very well varied without sounding too random. From what I'm hearing, you put a lot of detail into the percussion, and therefore it was right at home with the melodies and rhythms that you had going. I especially liked the bongoes you used later on in the song. So yeah, other than that kick, I loved every aspect of the percussion. Now, when it comes to the intro, I admit that it was one of the best intros I've ever heard on NG. So subtle and quiet, but started the song up perfectly. No complaint about the intro. I also liked the outro too. Very original approach, which still left a satisfying result.

Now for my cheesy overall conclusion. This song is very good. Sure, the bass is quite overpowering and the kick is too punchy in my opinion, but the whole song had such an awesome vibe to it. Seriously, your stuff is awesome. So awesome you've beat Danman87 in my favourite artists list, making you second place :D. Keep up the extraordinary work!

SCORE: 9.5/10

----------

SUMMARY: Pretty good, but your others were better.

REVIEW:
As usual you've got that trailer sound to your submission, and the song sounds quite interesting and enjoyable. You've got some nice sounds, and the arrangement of the instruments was great. That being said, unfortunately this sounds pretty rushed and isn't as good as I hoped it'd be. It also sounds a bit generic too...

I'll start with what I enjoyed the most, and that'd be the intro. Very quiet, yet built up very well, with some mellow strings keeping a tense atmosphere going. The song also progressed exceptionally well from the intro. The drum hit you used in the intro at 0:11 could have been a bit more subtle and not pop out so much though. Or you could just ignore my annoying nitpicks :D. So yeah, the intro was incredible.

The composition was quite dramatic, and while I think that instrumentation-wise, you could have incorporated a bit more than just strings, occasional choirs and percussion, overall the composition and instrumentation was good. I also like the use of a 6/8 time signature instead of the usual 4/4 that we hear nowadays. However, I have one slight complaint over here, and that would be that the staccato strings don't have nearly as much power as I would've wanted them to have. They were way too quiet and were only quite noticeable at 2:03. Even then they could've used a bit more power. But yeah, other than that I don't really have anything to complain about when it comes to the composition and instrumentation.

On to the atmosphere. Like in your last track, the atmosphere in this has quite a lot of tension in it. The choirs and strings blended in together flawlessly and provided enough suspense to keep the listener attentive to the song until the powerful part comes in later on. However, the atmosphere of the song was very generic, I'm afraid. Sounds like a typical song of this genre. But what the heck, there's not much you can do about it, so I'll stop whining.

Now for the one thing that I disliked the most in this submission, and that would be the percussion. Don't get me wrong, I love their sound which is very high-quality and they were definitely the right samples chosen for this genre, but two things about them bugged me. Firstly, their timing was off to the point that the bad timing started getting distracting. I don't know if this was a failed humanizing attempt, some sort of plugin glitch or because you rushed the percussion or something, but I think the bad timing made the song worse. I'm not saying to make them sound comuterized and in perfect timing, but I think they could do with a better overall timing and rhythm. Secondly, the drums were too loud and overpowered the song rather than added to it. Sure, the drums themselves were nice, but I think that the soft strings contrasted way too much with those loud drums.

On to the transitions, and I've got to say that they impressed me. Despite the seemingly rushed production, you had some great transitions and a lot of dynamics. I particularly liked the entrance of the percussion around the middle of the track, which was wonderfully subtle.

Lastly, the outro wasn't so good in my opinion. Four long string chords came out of nowhere at the end and just ended the song abruptly, leaving the listener wondering where the song went off to and why it ended so suddenly. Perhaps it's just me, but that's my opinion on the outro.

As a recap, for some reason it sounds pretty rushed, the percussion could use some work and I didn't really like the outro, but still, this is a nice song, very enjoyable and has a cool atmosphere and nice instrumentation/composition. Good work!

SCORE: 8/10

--------------------

Next we have Darklight17's results...

BBS Signature

Response to Ngadm '10 Round 4 Results 2010-12-13 13:57:09

At 12/13/10 01:55 PM, Supersteph54 wrote:
Next we have Darklight17's results...

RESULTS - DARKLIGHT17

Above the Clouds, by Bjra
Type: Song
Genre: Video Game

REVIEW
-------
- INTRO = 2/2
--- Great in every way. This intro got me interested in the song from the start, and the fact that it transitioned into the main section seamlessly makes it all the better. The introduction sets the mood and rhytm for the rest of the song, and this one succeeded in doing this superbly. I'd say this is an almost perfect start to the song.

- BLEND = 2/2
--- Also very very good. The instruments just fit together to form a big whole, which just burst through my speakers in a mix of epic, humourous and genius. The levels of volume on the instruments are balanced perfectly, with none of the instruments trying to overcome the others through volume. Also, the quality of the the instruments and samples you used is very high, and this helped to make this song all the better. I particularly loved how you managed to use each instrument to its full potential, and in such a varied and colourful way. Great job in this aspect.

- TRANSITIONS = 2.5/3
--- Smooth as Ice is all i can say here. Everything just flowed together so well, moving from one section to another without so much as a stutter. You introduced instruments, took out instruments, changed melodies, varied the drum rhytm and did everything there is to do to make a song great almost perfectly. The sheer current of this song took my breath away as it flowed past. Brilliant.

- BASS (DEPTH) = 2/2
--- I'd say this was one of the best Video Game songs ive heard in terms of this aspect. You provided the melodies with a really well structured backdrop, and a nice punchy bassline helped too. The chord progression is very original as well, and you used it to its maximum potential, varying it at some instances to great effect. Well done. The drums only served to give this music another layer, and to make it even more 3-Dimensional, as it reverbrated through both speakers. Fantastic work in this aspect too.

- ORIGINALITY = 3/3
--- Brilliant on all accounts. This song kept me interested for its whole length, and for a couple of loops after that. The factor that makes it this good is probably the fact that there's so much going on in harmony, with everything molding together to create a masterpiece. You provided enough variety to keep me interested, but also provided a sense of repetition to give it some familiarity, so that not everything was completely new. Nice work.

- DRUMS = 1.5/2
--- Probably the only aspect that i have something slight to complain about, and even then these are good beyond imagination. The only thing that bothered me slightly was that the drums werent as varied as the rest of the song, aka the melodies and such. Maybe you could have employed some varieties of the drum pattern every now and then, instead of just progressively adding instruments. Still, other than that, the kick is delicously punchy and the hi hats are toned just right. Good work.

- MELODIES 4/4
--- This is probably the best thing about the song. The melodies are just superb, varied and nicely flowing. The instruments you used to play them were also great and had a very high quality, as i've mentioned before. I liked how all the different melodies just seemed to flow together and create something so great. The secondary melodies were every bit as good and detailed as the primary ones, which always makes for a fantastic song. Brilliant!

- OUTRO = 2/2
--- As great as the introduction, if not better. How you finished the song just left me begging for some more. I liked how the song anticlimaxed several times before the actual outro, leaving you unsure when the song was to finish, and giving the actual thing a slight feeling of surprise to it. So overall, great job on this too.

SCORE
-------
Intro = 2/2
Outro = 2/2
Blend = 2/2
Transitions = 2.5/3
Bass = 2/2
Originality = 3/3
Drums = 1.5/2
Melodies = 4/4
====================
Score = 19/20 = 9.5/10
====================

Chiptune in my Pants, by dj-Nate
Genre: Miscellaneous

REVIEW
-------
- INTRO = 2/2
--- Action packed and fun at the same time, this introduction got me interested right away, particularly with the interesting mix of orchestral and dubstep along with a few sprinkles of chiptunes. I like how the song started off all tensiony and orchestral and then suddenly morphed into something completely different. As an intro id say this is great, good work.

- BLEND = 2/2
--- As always, the blend in this song is as good as the other round's submissions. The mixture of orchestral, dubstep and chiptunes is your strong point here, as the three genres somehow managed to co exist in such a great whole. All the instruments just fitted together, and that nice roaring bass only served to make it better. The song just seemed to flow through the melodies right through to the end. Great work.

- TRANSITIONS = 2/3
--- These were one of your weaker points, although they were still pretty decent. I didn't like how in some cases the song just skipped from orchestral to dubstep and vice versa, particularly in the start, after the orchestral introduction. Other than that, the transitions from dubstep to chiptunes were almost flawless, as they kept the flow of the music going, unlike the sudden orhcestral breaks which somehow seeemed to disrupt what was otherwise a great song. Still, nice work, even if this aspect could use a bit more work.

- BASS (DEPTH) = 1.5/2
--- Overall, the song had plenty of layers of depth. The orchestral sections could've done with a bit more bass, maybe in the form of some deep strings, as wel as possible some harmonizing secondary melodies. The dubstep sections were much better, with a ferocious bass that just roared through my speakers. The great balancing of volumes was also stupendous, with just enough volume to punch the message through, but not too much to make it annoying. Overall, this aspect was pretty decent. Good work.

- ORIGINALITY = 3/3
--- Whatever you can say about this song, you definetely can't say that it's not original. There was a lot of constant variety in both melodies and drums, and the mix of multiple genres helped to keep me interestd. In both sections, the great mixture of different melodies responding each other served to create a great effect, while the short chiptune bits were a really great addition to the song. Brilliant work on this behalf.

- DRUMS = 2/2
--- One of the highlights of the song, the punchy kick on these was sheer brilliance. Coupled with the insane rhytm and the awesome glitchy beat, these drums on their own almost made me want to get up and dance. Also, the fact that they were constantly changing, shifting into something new, made it all the better. Even the drums in the orchestral bits were superb, even if they werent as good as the dubstep sections. Overall, great work on this aspect too.

- MELODIES = 2.5/4
--- Not bad, but they could've been better. Starting from the orchestral parts, the staccato strings were good on their own, but they could have used more of a backbone in the form of a secondary melody or bass melody. The dubstep parts were much better, with much more of a deep feel to them. The chiptunes were short and sweet, with a decent enough melody to let them continue the flow of the song. Overall, not bad, but could've been better.

- OUTRO = 2/2
--- Even better than the introduction, because it left me hanging and wishing for more. I love how you mantained the level of variety right to the very end, along with the level of depth and the sheer power of the music. A great job all round. Nice work!

SCORE
-------
Intro = 2/2
Outro = 2/2
Blend = 2/2
Transitions = 2/3
Bass = 1.5/2
Originality = 3/3
Drums = 2/2
Melodies = 2.5/4
====================
Score = 17/20 = 8.5/10
====================

BBS Signature

Response to Ngadm '10 Round 4 Results 2010-12-13 13:58:18

Impact, by SBB
Genre: Miscellaneous

REVIEW
-------
- INTRO = 2/2
--- Instant wow factor. You definetely got off to a good start, because this instantly caught my ear. I could almost instantly tell that i was going to love this song, and i was right. The sheer brilliance of the introduction, and how it climaxed into a fantastic middle part, might be only the start, but what a start it is. Great job!

- BLEND = 2/2
--- As good as your previous songs, if not better, the blend of instruments in your songs is always something to admire. I love how all instruments just fit in together superbly, mixing, intertwining and morphing from one thing to another. The fact that you somehow manage to find a balance between so many cool instruments is also great, and the quality of the synths helped a lot. Great job on this one too!

- TRANSITIONS = 2.5/3
--- Just smooth would probably be an understatement in this case. I loved how the song just flowed together from one section to another without so much as a stutter or a break in the current. The transitions where the music seemed to pause had great effect too, because I for one, just couldn't believe that the song had stopped, and was insanely relieved when it continued with something even better. Overall, almost perfect as well!

- BASS (DEPTH) = 1/2
--- Probably the only thing that was somewhat lacking in this song. I'm not saying that there wasn't any bass at all, on the contrary, the bass was used to perfection, but in some sections the song seemed to lack a degree of depth. I'd suggest the use of some secondary instruments or melodies and maybe some ambient pads to aid the whole deep feel thing. Still, good job nonetheless.

- ORIGINALITY = 3/3
--- Definetely full marks for this one. It seems like everytime i listen to one of your songs, its something new, and yet it still mantains a degree of familiarity with your previous submissions. The sheer variety and constant change in the song itself is also to be admired, as it kept me interested to the very end, such that i had to listen to it a few more times so as to absorb everything. Great work!

- DRUMS = 2/2
--- Another great aspect of the song, these drums gave the song an even higher degree of quality, and when coupled to the insane melodies (see below) they make the song all but perfect. The amount of variety in the drums is as high as the rest of the song, if not higher, and it definetely was one of the things that made the song worthwhile to listen to. Good work!

- MELODIES = 3.5/4
--- One of the better highlights of the song, the melodies in this song are really catchy and relaxing. They sort of enter your soul (how dramatic) and make you want to curl up and dream. In some sections, a few secondary melodies would have helped to make the song better, but these were few and far apart. Other than that, i can't see anything else thats wrong with the melodies. Some minor faults, but overally brilliant. nice work!

SCORE
-------
Intro = 2/2
Outro = 2/2
Blend = 2/2
Transitions = 2.5/3
Bass = 1/2
Originality = 3/3
Drums = 2/2
Melodies = 3.5/4
====================
Score = 18/20 = 9/10
====================

Look to the Horizon, by varrin7
Genre: Classical

REVIEW
-------
- INTRO = 2/2
--- A magnificent build up into the main theme, i can say that this got my attention instantly, and at the same time it stirred up a large conflict of emotions within me. I felt that the sad feeling portrayed by the song relates perfectly with everything ive gone through. And i also love how it always mantained a slight degree of hope to its music. Utterly superb.

- BLEND = 2/2
--- A real highlight of the song, the way the instruments seemed to blend together so well just made the listening experience so much better. I love how theres a lot going on at any point of the song, with alternating instruments and melodies, and how they just mingled together to form such a great whole. The use of strings was a particular help to this aspect, because the way they shifted and changed help to make some sections a sheer joy to hear. Great work!

- TRANSITIONS = 3/3
--- Pretty well done, they mantained the flow of the song almost perfectly, and i feel that that's important in any classical song of this style, so the fact that you did it this well makes it a great addition to your score. The current of the song was pretty constant, and the nice use of climaxes and short anticlimaxes gave the song a nice ebb and flow. Nice work!

- BASS (DEPTH) = 1.5/2
--- Not bad, but it could've been better. Most sections of the song were pretty well layered, with some nice secondary melodies and chords to give the song a sort of 3D feel which was quite enjoyable, however some other sections werent quite as good and could have used several more layers to their respective melodies. Other than that, i liked the original chord progressions and how the instruments were pretty well humanized. Decent work.

- ORIGINALITY = 3/3
--- Pretty original, despite the fact that its very similar to some of your other songs, but there's nothing wrong with that as every artist needs his own unique style. I liked the variety of different melodies that you used, and the cool voices in the background gave the song a fantastic atmospheric sound. Overall, i'd say that you did great on this aspect too. Well done!

- DRUMS = 1/2
--- As usual, drums aren't exactly your strong point. Sure these had a good punch and directly put the message through, but they weren't used as well as they might have been. Especially in parts were there was a constant use of drums, the use of some variety in terms of secondary drums would have been better, and i wasnt a particular fan of how they started and finished without a real transition. Still, not horrible, just not great either.

- MELODIES = 4/4
--- Now while drums might not be your strong point, melodies certainly are. I love the sheer emotion you manage to pack into each note. the tension, the sadness, the desperation; purely superb. I also admire the fact that they sound as if they've actually been played by a real orchestra, which is always a sign of good humanizing, and thats a sign of work being put into a piece of music. So overall, id say that the melodies on this are brillian. Fantastic work.

- OUTRO = 0.5/2
--- Probably the only thing that really really bugged me was the fact that this song didn't actually have an outro. It just ended abruptly and without any sort of indication as to why it ended. Now this would've been acceptable in a loop, but seeing as the intro of this doesn't link well with the outro, it makes the lack of any sort of anticlimax a real let down.

SCORE
-------
Intro = 2/2
Outro = 0.5/2
Blend = 2/2
Transitions = 3/3
Bass = 1.5/2
Originality = 3/3
Drums = 1/2
Melodies = 4/4
====================
Score = 17/20 = 8.5/10
====================

Now for LogicalDefiance's results.

I am Step's alt.

Response to Ngadm '10 Round 4 Results 2010-12-13 13:59:49

At 12/13/10 01:58 PM, DarkShadow166 wrote:
Now for LogicalDefiance's results.

RESULTS - LOGICALDEFIANCE

varrin7 - Look to the Horizon:

Originality/Theme: 8
Structure: 8
Mixing/Mastering: 8
Arrangement: 9
Percussive Elements: 8
Melodic/Harmonic Elements: 9

Overall: 0.8333 -->> 8 / 10

--------------
--------------
--------------
DjBjra - Above the Clouds:

Originality/Theme: 8
Structure: 8
Mixing/Mastering: 8
Arrangement: 8
Percussive Elements: 7
Melodic/Harmonic Elements: 9

Overall: 0.8 -->> 8 / 10

--------------
--------------
--------------
dj-Nate - Chiptune In My Pants:

Originality/Theme: 9
Structure: 7
Mixing/Mastering: 9
Arrangement: 7
Percussive Elements: 7
Melodic/Harmonic Elements: 6

Overall: 0.75 -->> 8 / 10

--------------
--------------
--------------
SBB - Impact:

Originality/Theme: 9
Structure: 9
Mixing/Mastering: 9
Arrangement: 7
Percussive Elements: 8
Melodic/Harmonic Elements: 8

Overall: 0.833 -->> 8 / 10

brokendeck's results are next...

I am Step's alt.

Response to Ngadm '10 Round 4 Results 2010-12-13 14:04:29

At 12/13/10 01:59 PM, DarkShadow166 wrote:
brokendeck's results are next...

1. Bjra vs. dj-Nate

--------
Bjra:

SCORE : 9.5/10
--
Composition : 10
Technical : 9
--------
dj-Nate:

SCORE: 9/10
--
Composition: 8
Technical: 10

--------

2. SBB vs varrin7

--------
SBB:

SCORE : 7.5/10
--
Composition : 8
Technical : 7
--------
varrin7:

SCORE: 9.25/10
--
Composition: 10
Technical: 8.5

--------

Lastly, the results...

I am Step's alt.

Response to Ngadm '10 Round 4 Results 2010-12-13 14:07:26

At 12/13/10 02:04 PM, DarkShadow166 wrote:
Lastly, the results...

-RESULTS-

1.) Bjra vs dj-Nate - Winner: Bjra
9.5 + 9.5 + 9.5 + 8 = 36.5/40 vs 9 + 8.5 + 8 + 8.5 = 34/40
9.125/10 vs 8.5/10

2.) SBB vs varrin7 - Winner: SBB
8 + 9.5 + 9 + 7.5 = 34/40 vs 9.25 + 8.5 + 8 + 8 = 33.75/40
8.5/10 vs 8.4375/10

Participants who passed to Round 4:

Bjra
SBB

Pairings:

Bjra vs SBB (I would've never guessed :O)

DEADLINES REMAINING:

Round 5 - 27th December
Judgement day - 28th December

--

And that's it! SBB and Bjra make it to the finals, congratulations to them! And to dj-Nate and varrin7, you were both in pretty close calls, especially varrin7. Better luck next time, and thanks for taking part!

You can begin posting now, and to SBB and Bjra, get your songs done before the 27th, because deadlines are of utmost importance.

/hypocrite

I am Step's alt.

Response to Ngadm '10 Round 4 Results 2010-12-13 14:17:30

At 12/13/10 02:07 PM, DarkShadow166 wrote: And that's it! SBB and Bjra make it to the finals, congratulations to them!

A huge congratulations, u guys both had pretty sick tracks!

And to dj-Nate and varrin7, you were both in pretty close calls, especially varrin7. Better luck next time, and thanks for taking part!

Same thing here. I honestly had my work cut out to choose between each pair. See you guys next year!

You can begin posting now, and to SBB and Bjra, get your songs done before the 27th, because deadlines are of utmost importance.

I agree completely. :D

/hypocrite #2

Response to Ngadm '10 Round 4 Results 2010-12-13 14:29:12

I really wished that varrin7 won, so if he made it all the way, I'd be like "Oh, I was beaten by the guy who went all the way", but now I'm just a loser. :P

Oh well. Congrats to Bjra and SBB, and great job on varrin7 and Dj-Nate' parts.

inb4 LET'S DO THIS.

Response to Ngadm '10 Round 4 Results 2010-12-13 17:05:07

At 12/13/10 02:29 PM, Spikrodd wrote: I really wished that varrin7 won, so if he made it all the way, I'd be like "Oh, I was beaten by the guy who went all the way", but now I'm just a loser. :P

I'm still in the running to losing to the winner! :P

Lollerscates. Congrats you 2! All four of you rocked some major socks this round. I'm still watching!

May the best musicker win.

*vanishes in puff of smoke*

BBS Signature

Response to Ngadm '10 Round 4 Results 2010-12-13 17:22:28

At 12/13/10 05:00 PM, Bjra wrote: For this next round, I think I might try a meditative ambient kinda song with acoustic feeling drums and spaced out pads

I'll counter that with some video game dubstep

Response to Ngadm '10 Round 4 Results 2010-12-13 19:55:21

It wouldn't be a NGADM without at least one U-N-C-E or Dubstep song in the final anyways. Congrats to Bjra and SBB.

Response to Ngadm '10 Round 4 Results 2010-12-13 19:58:24

Sorry for double post, but when will the next one be? I'd like to enter then! :D

Response to Ngadm '10 Round 4 Results 2010-12-13 23:47:20

At 12/13/10 07:58 PM, JustinPlatt wrote: Sorry for double post, but when will the next one be? I'd like to enter then! :D

That would be next year, you'll recieve pms notifying you when it'll be starting. ;)

At 12/13/10 08:03 PM, varrin7 wrote: Augh. Well that hurts. I guess 4th out of a pool of...32 was it? Isn't that bad. I'm really glad to have made it this far. Good luck to Bjra and SBB. I can't wait till the next one, maybe I'll even be a judge....who knows.

It's joint third actually, and the pool was bigger than 32 if you count the auditions. Still, making it this far is a real achievement. Hope to see you next year!

Response to Ngadm '10 Round 4 Results 2010-12-14 01:26:45

I are sad. Good job bjra. Am I second or third place?

BBS Signature

Response to Ngadm '10 Round 4 Results 2010-12-14 01:29:44

Nevermind. Should probably read the thread huh?

BBS Signature

Response to Ngadm '10 Round 4 Results 2010-12-14 13:51:17

At 12/14/10 01:29 AM, dj-Nate wrote: Nevermind. Should probably read the thread huh?

Nah. Who reads the thread anyway?

Response to Ngadm '10 Round 4 Results 2010-12-14 13:55:52

At 12/14/10 01:51 PM, Darklight17 wrote: Nah. Who reads the thread anyway?

That's very offensive. Next time I won't go making opening posts and comments after the results if nobody reads the thread.

So there.

Ngadm '10 Round 4 Results

BBS Signature

Response to Ngadm '10 Round 4 Results 2010-12-14 14:04:24

congrats bjra and sbb, this will be good

Response to Ngadm '10 Round 4 Results 2010-12-15 15:50:57

Quick note: Darklight17 is now Echo, just to clear things up.

BBS Signature

Response to Ngadm '10 Round 4 Results 2010-12-15 17:31:53

At 12/15/10 03:50 PM, Supersteph54 wrote: Quick note: Darklight17 is now Echo, just to clear things up.

Tsk, name changes are stupid

BBS Signature

Response to Ngadm '10 Round 4 Results 2010-12-15 23:49:07

At 12/15/10 05:31 PM, FairSquare wrote:
At 12/15/10 03:50 PM, Supersteph54 wrote: Quick note: Darklight17 is now Echo, just to clear things up.
Tsk, name changes are stupid

I beg to differ :P

Response to Ngadm '10 Round 4 Results 2010-12-16 09:57:57

At 12/15/10 05:31 PM, FairSquare wrote: Tsk, name changes are stupid

I agree, MH16.

Oh sorry, meant Mussirus.

Wait, I forgot. You're FairSquare now.

BBS Signature

Response to Ngadm '10 Round 4 Results 2010-12-16 11:42:53

At 12/16/10 09:57 AM, Supersteph54 wrote:
I agree, MH16.

I think he forgot to write Hypocrite #3 under his post :P

Response to Ngadm '10 Round 4 Results 2010-12-16 12:42:13

At 12/16/10 11:42 AM, Echo wrote:
I agree, MH16.

Nevermind me. I like to attempt this thing called 'humour' every once in a while.

BBS Signature

Response to Ngadm '10 Round 4 Results 2010-12-16 23:50:09

At 12/16/10 12:42 PM, FairSquare wrote:
At 12/16/10 11:42 AM, Echo wrote:
I agree, MH16.

Nevermind me. I like to attempt this thing called 'humour' every once in a while.

Lol we were only joking too. It's not like we're all hypocrites right?

Right?

Anyone?

Response to Ngadm '10 Round 4 Results 2010-12-21 07:10:43

Well c'mon then! Where be teh submissions?

Response to Ngadm '10 Round 4 Results 2010-12-21 07:34:07

At 12/21/10 07:10 AM, Echo wrote: Well c'mon then! Where be teh submissions?

aw please man you guys are not in a position to be impatient

Response to Ngadm '10 Round 4 Results 2010-12-21 08:52:48

At 12/21/10 07:34 AM, SBB wrote:
At 12/21/10 07:10 AM, Echo wrote: Well c'mon then! Where be teh submissions?
aw please man you guys are not in a position to be impatient

Very true. Just wanted to be a hypocrite again lol, its pretty fun. Also, this thread was a bit dead so i revived it :D