New Topic Respond to this Topic
SlayerBlade128
SlayerBlade128
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
I suck at drawing and I don't wanna Dec. 12th, 2010 @ 05:05 PM Reply

take other things people have drawn (like sprites) and use them in games i wanna make. I wanna try to make my own designs. Is there any place where a person can download or make things like their own custom sprites with zero talent for the brush? I could ask people to draw some for me, but I don't got the cash to pay people and asking for freebies just gets you digital shit. They might as well just gave me a sukamon pic.

ThePortalGuru
ThePortalGuru
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to I suck at drawing and I don't wanna Dec. 12th, 2010 @ 05:12 PM Reply

Well, bud, looks like you gotta either get some money, or settle for what others are willing to provide for free.

Thanks aplenty to Phobotech for the great user icon.

BBS Signature
kroxfire
kroxfire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to I suck at drawing and I don't wanna Dec. 12th, 2010 @ 11:01 PM Reply

theres a website that i stumbled upon with heaps of ancient FF sprites but i forgot the address, try googling sprites maybe? Or be less lazy idk

SlayerBlade128
SlayerBlade128
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to I suck at drawing and I don't wanna Dec. 18th, 2010 @ 03:12 PM Reply

At 12/12/10 11:01 PM, kroxfire wrote: theres a website that i stumbled upon with heaps of ancient FF sprites but i forgot the address, try googling sprites maybe? Or be less lazy idk

I just flat suck at art. even tried taking a couple class in college and it didn't help any.

harlemBlack
harlemBlack
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Programmer
Response to I suck at drawing and I don't wanna Dec. 19th, 2010 @ 12:36 AM Reply

You never get satisfied until you can make your own. Before being a butterfly, a caterpillar must do the whole process, even it is so damn long and bitter. "Patience pays", said the Devil's Garage.

IceDragon64
IceDragon64
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to I suck at drawing and I don't wanna Dec. 20th, 2010 @ 04:48 PM Reply

I suggest you go to the Collaboration forum with a clear plan of what you want to do. Be ready to explain the game and show people that its worth getting into. If you have other abilities then I am sure you will find artists who can't make games!

Also, if you can draw at all with pencil and paper, then as well as scanning in things, as has been suggested to you, you can also get a graphics tablet. I am told they are not too expensive these days and people say they make a big difference.

We are the Dragons & Spirits. We are friendly people. Best Wishes, Ice!

BBS Signature
TheBoyOfAges
TheBoyOfAges
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to I suck at drawing and I don't wanna Dec. 21st, 2010 @ 12:21 AM Reply

Quick question; what kind of game are you trying to make?

BBS Signature
supermetroid12496
supermetroid12496
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to I suck at drawing and I don't wanna Dec. 24th, 2010 @ 04:15 AM Reply

At 12/18/10 03:12 PM, SlayerBlade128 wrote: I just flat suck at art. even tried taking a couple class in college and it didn't help any.

Well, I used to be really bad at art, to, but now that I read the book "Drawing on the left side of the brain," I can draw pretty detailed pictures of nearly anything. It's not a very pricey book, and can help you be a better drawer in only a month. That's how long it took me, anyways. Heres a link to the book:

http://drawsketch.about.com/od/suppliesb ooks/fr/draw_right_side.htm

AustinBreed
AustinBreed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Game Developer
Response to I suck at drawing and I don't wanna Dec. 28th, 2010 @ 01:56 AM Reply

I made the main character of your game. His name is Scottsdale Rouge and he is a native american warrior with a dark past.

I suck at drawing and I don't wanna

BBS Signature
IxionAerospark
IxionAerospark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to I suck at drawing and I don't wanna Jan. 1st, 2011 @ 09:16 AM Reply

At 12/28/10 01:56 AM, AustinBreed wrote: I made the main character of your game. His name is Scottsdale Rouge and he is a native american warrior with a dark past.

Hahaha wtf xD are you being sarcastic it looks like a red morph xD

metroidfannumber1
metroidfannumber1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Blank Slate
Response to I suck at drawing and I don't wanna Jan. 4th, 2011 @ 06:36 PM Reply

sounds like u want a drawing program. newgrounds has a list. u should also check out anim8or on google.

TOAST

bussdee
bussdee
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to I suck at drawing and I don't wanna Jan. 9th, 2011 @ 12:02 AM Reply

I dont know how to create a flash movie or game.
show me whats possible and i can maybe send you the needed files to created something like a season.

greetings