00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

368,357 Views | 4,137 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-10 23:59:46

Werewolfs = Pwnage

Manchester City: Barclays Premier League Champions 2011/12.

Paul Dickov: A true legend.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-11 01:49:28

Speaking of Falmer, I just went into my first Dwemer Ruins and cleared it all out. I went in to get some scrap to turn into Dwemer crap to up my Smithing skill and snag a few Soul Gems so I could start practicing enchanting, that way I could enchant all the Dwemer crap and sell for some serious cash. And let me say, that shit was massive. Little Dwarven spiders everywhere and a few centurions, nothing I couldn't handle, I go lower, go through the shit ton of rooms and avoid the obvious traps, set oil on fire, you know, all that shit. Then I keep going lower (wondering if I would start finding Diamonds down there) and I then I meet the ugly as sin little pink Falmer.

I kill them easy enough, the reg. Falmer are only as tough as a Bandit Outlaw, I'd say (I'm level 14 Orc, btw). So I swing my BattleAxe around and kill within two power strikes. It got slightly tougher when 2 showed up at the same time and pretty tough when 3 attacked. Then I meet a Falmer Skulker and he was tough to beat. I figure he'd be the worst with him and the other two Falmer attacking so I go into Beserk mode and waste them with ease, but oh boy I regret that. So I continue down and I'm getting to the end of the line here, I pick off a few more Falmer and some other pests and find that the Falmer are pretty much like super underground Goblins that can conjure swords and befriend all the animals that look as ugly as they do (spiders and Skeevers). I then reach the end of line and find that there is a huge door, I figure I'll go through that and find that a statue is knocked down and then look at the other one and as I do it jumps off the fucking wall.

Yep, just rips away from the wall and I realize that this huge ass thing is there to guard the gate. It comes at me and pulls some kind of Steam attack and nearly kills me with just that. I realize I shouldn't have Beserked earlier but still needed to find an edge. I didn't think poison would work on it but figured I'd give it shot, no dice. So I drink a few more potions, shout the UF shout at it to knock it back and attack. I got it down maybe 2/3 of health and it's still kicking my ass. I realize I might die if I don't find something. Well, I'm shit for magic but I still had scrolls. So I pick out a scroll I was saving for a rainy day (and indeed this was) so I pick out the "Summon Storm Astronach" and let it whirl. It did pretty well, it got it down past half health and managed to steal the aggro away from me. So I attack from behind and manage to get it close to death and then my summon dies, it attacks me, almost nails me but then I pull off a killer Finisher on his ass and he goes down. Not a bad haul from the coprse but I think I lost more in potions.

Anyways, after that I figure that'd be that, then I unlock the gate and there are these two retards who want to raid the place, arguing about it and I interupt. I'm almost back to full health so I figure these guys would be easy. I was somewhat right, they had good armor and weapons (the dude had all steel amor and a steel sword) and I fought the guy first, I take him out pretty handidly. Then the bitch comes at me and she is really annoying, she had this special shield and kept blocking my power attacks, but I wear her ass down and manage to chop her head off too. She was wearing Scaled steel armor (first I'd seen of it) and a unique shield that did damage as it blocked (I decided against taking it). There was this one mechanism in the middle of the room that said I didn't have the right component for it but I was already sick of the place and decided I'd come back later. So I unlocked the lift gate and lifted my way up and out of that hell hole.

Well, I certainly got more than I bargained for. I went in for scrap and souls and walked away with more metal than I knew what to do with and enough souls to make the Grim Reaper faint (knick named my enchanted Soul trapping axe Soul Reaper for that purpose), got beat up by Falmor, nearly killed by a giant robot Gate keeper and then battled to idiots with really good armor. All in all, I'd do it all again, just not for a while... a long while.

Even as I walk through the shadow of the Valley of Death, I shall fear no Evil. Semper Fidelis

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-11 07:51:19

At 12/11/11 01:49 AM, HollowedPumkinz wrote: Speaking of Falmer, I just went into my first Dwemer Ruins and cleared it all out. I went in to get some scrap to turn into Dwemer crap to up my Smithing skill and snag a few Soul Gems so I could start practicing enchanting, that way I could enchant all the Dwemer crap and sell for some serious cash.

Heh, I'm starting to work on Enchanting skill as well now that I have a bunch of weapons to disenchant. Out of all my skills, Enchanting was the lowest but now it's at 41 and I'll probably race through it at this rate.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-11 10:38:31

I like reading really long posts about people's adventures, it always manages to interest me no matter what it's about.

Back on my mage character now, and I've got some more powerful spells which does make it a lot more fun. Unfortunately my Arch Mage Robes and Morokei don't go so well together though.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-11 12:23:48

At 12/11/11 10:38 AM, Snuff wrote: I like reading really long posts about people's adventures, it always manages to interest me no matter what it's about.

Back on my mage character now, and I've got some more powerful spells which does make it a lot more fun. Unfortunately my Arch Mage Robes and Morokei don't go so well together though.

Now you are a Nazguul (sp) or a ringwraith.

Xbox live: C0n Queso

PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten

Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-11 12:29:21

At 12/11/11 10:38 AM, Snuff wrote: I like reading really long posts about people's adventures, it always manages to interest me no matter what it's about.

I'm a little pissed about the final mages guild mission. I'm a vampire this playthrough and fast traveling back to Winterhold was enough to reach stage 4 vampirism so people attack me on sight, including Tolfdir. Of course I didn't realize I wouldn't be able to finish the mission with 4th stage vampirism and now Tolfdir is following me everywhere I go so I can't get into a building and feed without that asshole attacking me and waking everyone up. Something similar happened in Saarthal when he became collateral damage during the fight and decided to hold a grudge but at least I was able to leave the area then and he didn't follow.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-11 13:54:04

At 12/11/11 12:23 PM, mrpwnzer wrote:
Now you are a Nazguul (sp) or a ringwraith.

Yup, and my Magicka replenishes at 200%

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-11 14:44:49

At 12/11/11 01:49 AM, HollowedPumkinz wrote: Stuff.

Okay, you just described the entire Blackreach quest. Good job.

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-11 14:54:21

At 12/11/11 02:44 PM, POTaTOS wrote:
At 12/11/11 01:49 AM, HollowedPumkinz wrote: Stuff.
Okay, you just described the entire Blackreach quest. Good job.

Blackreach? I simply raided a random Dwarven ruin next to a place I just got done clearing for a quest. I think it's name was Aftland, it was a dwarven ruin close to the Barrow you have to go into to get the Jagged Crown for either the Imperials or Stormcloaks (depending on which one you joined). Although to think that I would have to relive this experience in a quest, welp, better get to work on fidning a lot of health potions.

Even as I walk through the shadow of the Valley of Death, I shall fear no Evil. Semper Fidelis

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-11 15:05:19

At 12/11/11 02:54 PM, HollowedPumkinz wrote: Blackreach? I simply raided a random Dwarven ruin next to a place I just got done clearing for a quest. I think it's name was Aftland,

Alftand leads to the ancient Dwarven Ruin Blackreach. It's part of the main questline.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-11 15:15:57

At 12/11/11 03:05 PM, POTaTOS wrote:
At 12/11/11 02:54 PM, HollowedPumkinz wrote: Blackreach? I simply raided a random Dwarven ruin next to a place I just got done clearing for a quest. I think it's name was Aftland,
Alftand leads to the ancient Dwarven Ruin Blackreach. It's part of the main questline.

Ah, well then good, I cleared out the place first. That explains why I need to have a compenent for that mechanism near the lift, although, I don't see how it has anything to do with the Main quests, what could a dwarven ruin filled with Falmer and deathbots do with Dragons? Well, time to find out...

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-11 15:21:05

At 12/11/11 03:15 PM, HollowedPumkinz wrote: Ah, well then good, I cleared out the place first. That explains why I need to have a compenent for that mechanism near the lift, although, I don't see how it has anything to do with the Main quests, what could a dwarven ruin filled with Falmer and deathbots do with Dragons? Well, time to find out...

Do you really want me to tell you?
-FUCKING SPOILERS- -FUCKING SPOILERS-
An Elder Scroll.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-11 17:02:53

____

l l

l l

l%uFEFF ) <-------<<<

l l

l l__

l____)

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-11 17:12:19

At 12/11/11 05:02 PM, FlorentiusIV wrote: ____

l l

l l

l%uFEFF ) <-------<<<

l l

l l__

l____)

This has happened to me several times, I think your best bet is to reload your latest save (which can be unfortunate if it's a while back), but it's what I did each time and then when I got the same point again everything was okay.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-11 20:03:37

comment on my page or i´ll stab you in the face.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-12 07:20:27

I decided to start a new character similar to my first one, whose name is Yuki, Imperial thief. (An interesting side note is that someone pointed out to me that Yuki meant snow, so goodie for me in the rough Skyrim tundra.) I went with a Khajiit thief to get his Night Sight ability, and man is it useful! Before I had to use a bow to pick off enemies that I couldn't see, but now I can sneak behind them and stab them in the back like some conniving Frenchman. I also bumped up the difficulty to Adept -Mid-, so it would be more of a challenge. And it is! Saber cats are giving me trouble, but oddly enough dragons aren't. I've only encountered two so far, one near Riften and the other near the... "steaming plains" south of Windhelm. Giants gave the second a wallop and guards rushed to my aid for the first, but I can handle myself with a bow, just as long as there's a big rock to take cover behind.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-12 08:55:22

Apparently some people have played Skyrim but havent played Oblivion before. I think they should pay the court a fine or serve their sentence because they have violated the law.

comment pls | follow pls | aka FishType1

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-12 09:37:13

At 12/12/11 08:55 AM, BumFodder wrote: Apparently some people have played Skyrim but havent played Oblivion before. I think they should pay the court a fine or serve their sentence because they have violated the law.

Apparently, some people have played oblivion without playing daggerfall or morrowind before.

They should pay the court a fine or have their hands chopped off for this grievous offense.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-12 10:28:41

At 12/12/11 09:37 AM, DickBuns wrote:
At 12/12/11 08:55 AM, BumFodder wrote: Apparently some people have played Skyrim but havent played Oblivion before. I think they should pay the court a fine or serve their sentence because they have violated the law.
Apparently, some people have played oblivion without playing daggerfall or morrowind before.
They should pay the court a fine or have their hands chopped off for this grievous offense.

And...apparently people have played daggerfall and morrowind without playing arena before.
They should also pay the court a fine.

Xbox live: C0n Queso

PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten

Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-12 11:26:47

Question: When one ramps up the difficulty, are enemies more likely to spot you when sneaking? This Khajiit is most perturbed after having his tail stepped on after too many nights of drunken sneaking.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-12 11:36:53

I never heard of Morrowind until Oblivion was released. I didn't own a decent gaming PC or an XBox at the time, so I just never played it. Although the PC I had at the time could handle Oblivion...

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-12 11:38:23

I have played Arena on my Windows 98 laptop, but I've never played Morrowind. Basically, the game crashed when I alt+tabbed out of it, so I couldn't enter the copy protection code to get out of the dungeon.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-12 11:43:44

At 12/12/11 09:37 AM, DickBuns wrote:

Apparently I havent played any before Morrowind, should I get a fine or serve a sentence?

comment pls | follow pls | aka FishType1

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-12 13:17:08

I've not played Arena or Daggerfall before (resist arrest) and played a bit of Morrowind. I felt more comfortable with Oblivion and by progressing with the storyline, I feel more attached to Skyrim making references to the Oblivion crisis. It doesn't bother me if others play this before Oblivion, though since my sister played a lot of Skyrim but not much for Oblivion. It kept making her go back to WoW...

As for recent progress, I get the feeling the main quest for the Thieves Guild is close to completion. I'm just glad I wasted some time with sidequests from Vex and Delvin. I don't think I'll go and complete every single bedlam quest, heist jobs, etc but it's entertained me enough.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-12 13:39:13

Arena and Daggerfall are free and Morrowind is like $10. You people have no excuse.

At 12/12/11 01:17 PM, Bahamut wrote: I'm just glad I wasted some time with sidequests from Vex and Delvin. I don't think I'll go and complete every single bedlam quest, heist jobs, etc but it's entertained me enough.

You only need to do five jobs for each major hold (Markarth, Solitude, Whiterun and Windhelm. Riften jobs are pointless.) meaning 20 jobs in total, as well as four special jobs (one for each hold). It's not too time consuming and it's quite rewarding, I'd advise you to go ahead and do it for the trophy if nothing else.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-12 16:06:10

At 12/12/11 01:39 PM, Jackho wrote: Arena and Daggerfall are free and Morrowind is like $10. You people have no excuse.

My PC sucks and I don't have an XBox for morrowind.
There's my excuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-12 16:14:27

At 12/12/11 01:39 PM, Jackho wrote: You only need to do five jobs for each major hold (Markarth, Solitude, Whiterun and Windhelm. Riften jobs are pointless.) meaning 20 jobs in total, as well as four special jobs (one for each hold). It's not too time consuming and it's quite rewarding, I'd advise you to go ahead and do it for the trophy if nothing else.

Oh, thought it was much more than that. My only problem is that I had to quit one numbers job due to it being the glitchy one in Haelga's house. Hopefully I can still get that trophy if I'm desperate for it. Of course, these jobs can always be put aside for the time being and go back to later on and that's obviously how to keep Skyrim fresh.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-12 16:27:30

At 12/12/11 04:06 PM, POTaTOS wrote: My PC sucks and I don't have an XBox for morrowind.
There's my excuse.

You don't need a good PC (at all) by today's standards to run any of the first three TES games. I've not spent much time on the first two, but Morrowind is well worth playing if you get the chance.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-12 16:43:01

At 12/12/11 04:06 PM, POTaTOS wrote: My PC sucks and I don't have an XBox for morrowind.
There's my excuse.

Dude, my parent's budget PC from 2002 can run Morrowind. I think it's safe to say you could run it unless you're posting from a salvaged cold war era fax machine.

Although to be honest I didn't find Morrowind all that great. You'd be better off playing Daggerfall in my opinion. Still, it's worth playing I suppose.

At 12/12/11 04:14 PM, Bahamut wrote: My only problem is that I had to quit one numbers job due to it being the glitchy one in Haelga's house. Hopefully I can still get that trophy if I'm desperate for it.

Quitting jobs has no effect on the trophy so you don't need to worry about that. The jobs are completely random and you'll probably end up getting jobs for a hold you've already completed, which makes the ability to quit jobs a godsend.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-12 17:23:49

HURR HURR ARROW IN THE KNEE IM SO FUNNY