00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

368,325 Views | 4,137 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-22 22:54:29

At 11/22/11 10:45 PM, Rallard wrote: There's so many contradictions in the game's side quest plots it's ridiculous. According to my character's actions, in the afterlife I'll be toomuchquote Bosmers do when they die (probably kill and eat each other for all eternity or something). Who knows what else by the end of the game.

Lol, religion.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-22 23:05:48

At 11/22/11 10:38 PM, POTaTOS wrote:
At 11/22/11 10:22 PM, iMini wrote: Platform? I have 5 or 6 manual saves on 360
PS3. The same thing happened with Fallout 3. But not Oblivion, for some reason.

Get rid of your PS3, end of problem. Games always seem way more buggy on PS3. I've got an xbox, and in pretty much any game, I see minimal bugs, and fixes for the ones that I do see come fairly quickly.
Just giving one possible solution, don't go all fanboy "BUT I WUVZ MAH PS3, SONY FUH LYFE!" on me.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-22 23:09:18

At 11/22/11 10:54 PM, Squidbit wrote: Lol, religion.

Lol, atheist with a dark alignment...Classic.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-22 23:37:41

At 11/22/11 11:05 PM, DragonXander wrote: Just giving one possible solution, don't go all fanboy "BUT I WUVZ MAH PS3, SONY FUH LYFE!" on me.

I'm getting a new PS3 soon anyways.

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-22 23:45:08

At 11/22/11 11:09 PM, DragonXander wrote:

I'm fucking dark and brooding, I'm so god damn cool. I'm like the smarted guy I know, too.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-23 00:00:10

At 11/22/11 11:05 PM, DragonXander wrote:
At 11/22/11 10:38 PM, POTaTOS wrote:
At 11/22/11 10:22 PM, iMini wrote: Platform? I have 5 or 6 manual saves on 360
PS3. The same thing happened with Fallout 3. But not Oblivion, for some reason.
Get rid of your PS3, end of problem. Games always seem way more buggy on PS3. I've got an xbox, and in pretty much any game, I see minimal bugs, and fixes for the ones that I do see come fairly quickly.
Just giving one possible solution, don't go all fanboy "BUT I WUVZ MAH PS3, SONY FUH LYFE!" on me.

But you're sounding like an XBOX fanboy by telling him to get rid of his PS3 and bragging about how well it runs on XBOX.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-23 00:44:47

At 11/22/11 11:45 PM, Squidbit wrote:
At 11/22/11 11:09 PM, DragonXander wrote:
I'm fucking dark and brooding, I'm so god damn cool. I'm like the smarted guy I know, too.

This is why I love Squid.

Anywho, I made a new character after I realized how boring it was just running around swinging a sword. And I have to say, if you haven't yet had the joy of running around lighting everyone on fire, I suggest you do so.

Now with 100% more Steam! lI Minecraft you say? 63.246.149.6 II XBL: WorseThanMonday II

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-23 00:48:05

At 11/23/11 12:44 AM, xports wrote: Anywho, I made a new character after I realized how boring it was just running around swinging a sword. And I have to say, if you haven't yet had the joy of running around lighting everyone on fire, I suggest you do so.

And if you haven't had the joy of running around swinging a mace AND an ax, I suggest you do so.

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-23 01:14:31

At 11/22/11 11:45 PM, Squidbit wrote:

You like fat chicks.

Your argument is invalid.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-23 01:43:59

41 hours in.
Level 31

Taking it slow, but I'm enjoying every minute of it. Currently doing the Boethiah's quest.

Xbox live: C0n Queso

PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten

Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-23 03:18:46

At 11/23/11 02:17 AM, Cootie wrote: Is there any downside to being a werewolf like there is being a vampire? I know you can be stupid and get attacked for being in front of guards when you transform, but is there anything besides that?

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh No. The sun completely doesn't hurt you and you don't have to feed nightly as a werewolf at all.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-23 03:29:44

At 11/23/11 02:17 AM, Cootie wrote: Is there any downside to being a werewolf like there is being a vampire? I know you can be stupid and get attacked for being in front of guards when you transform, but is there anything besides that?

When you sleep normally you get experience bonuses (when ever it says well rested)

You don't get that when you're a werewolf. But who actually sleeps?

So no, there's not really any cons.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-23 04:52:52

At 11/23/11 04:48 AM, Cootie wrote:
At 11/23/11 03:18 AM, MercatorMapV2 wrote:
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh No. The sun completely doesn't hurt you and you don't have to feed nightly as a werewolf at all.
Vampires need to be buffed in this game to make them more compelling to want to be. No health generation in sunlight is fine, but limit it to that. Make the vampires more vulnerable to fire also, but in exchange all attacks no matter what do 10% more damage and the character moves at 120% speed at all times.

There should be pro's and con's to being a vampire in a balanced way. Oh well, at least it isn't like Oblivion where vampirism fucks up your whole world.

Why do you always insist on inserting your foot into your own mouth?

You constantly spout off when you have no idea what you're talking about. Team of 30 something year old developers with years of experience > Some kid.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-23 05:09:47

Getting 100 smithing b y only crafting Iron Daggers..

"Da-ah! I made lotsa daggers, NOW I CAN CRAFT DRAGON ARMOR AND DEADRIC WEAPONS!"

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-23 05:56:02

At 11/23/11 05:50 AM, Cootie wrote:
What are you talking about? I knew about all the vampire effects already. I was saying that you don't get enough out of dealing with the weaknesses to make you want to be one. This is in my case of course along with people I have talked to. And, if I am talking about a game that I would enjoy more... I do think that my opinion is better than theirs. Since ya know, they don't know my mind better than I do myself.

So, what are you saying here?

Oh, so in that case, you posted a bunch of shit that's already in the game as if you came up with the idea, along with some rather terrible suggestions. Again, foot was inserted into mouth. There's no use in posting any sort of suggestions here. There is no suggestion box for you to put a slip into.

As for them making a game for you....

No. Fuck you. They're producing a game for the general public. Not for you, you spoiled little boy.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-23 05:58:35

You clearly didn't read that list I posted either. Otherwise you'd see that there's more to vampirism than merely being weak to fire and having a lack of regeneration in the sunlight.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-23 06:18:46

At 11/23/11 06:04 AM, Cootie wrote:
At 11/23/11 05:58 AM, MercatorMapV2 wrote: You clearly didn't read that list I posted either. Otherwise you'd see that there's more to vampirism than merely being weak to fire and having a lack of regeneration in the sunlight.
I know that. I only listed those two things because those are the weaknesses it would be nice to keep, I excluded the other weaknesses because in my opinion they take it too far. I also, thought that an increase in speed would be nice since in my opinion (I keep feeling as thought I have to say this) it would be a nice counter to no health regen in sunlight.

Uhm. Let me see. Weakness to fire, NPCs understandably cringe and will attack you once you get to ridiculous vampire lord mode, and weakness to sunlight...What other weaknesses? There are none. The third is common vampire fiction that is practically mandatory unless your name is Stephanie Meyer and you happen to be a bitch. Again. Clearly you didn't bother to read the list. Your opinion is stupid, as it's complaining about non-existent other weaknesses.

As a vampire, you automatically have 100% immunity to poisons and diseases, gain a 25% bonus to sneaking, a 25% bonus to illusion, a 25% resistance to frost, you can summon a pet, you get a lifetap, and night vision, and only the lack of regeneration, a tiny penalty to health/magicka/stamina, a 25% weakness to fire, and the need to feed.

OH MAN, SO MANY DISADVANTAGES. Not really. What they have done is entirely sensible. It's not hard to raid one of the 50 million bandit camps lying around to feed at night.

I know this isn't a suggestion box. That doesn't mean we can't talk about things we would like changed in the discussion thread now does it?

It means that it's pointless to discuss it, as it doesn't really spurn on further conversation that has any sort of meaning. Kind of like sitting around with your other kiddo friends and telling each other what you would like Santa to bring you for Christmas.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-23 06:22:54

Guys, if you're gonna debate, keep it civil. No need to get all up in arms over a game you enjoy.

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-23 07:01:35

Mercatator calm down. All Cootie did was offer a suggestion and you've gone completely off the rails in some stange fit of anger. He didn't do anything wrong and you're just making yourself look like a tool.

Vampirism definetly needs more positive attributes or less negative attributes, Because being a vampire isn't worth it yet.

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-23 07:09:41

At 11/23/11 07:01 AM, iMini wrote: Mercatator calm down. All Cootie did was offer a suggestion and you've gone completely off the rails in some stange fit of anger. He didn't do anything wrong and you're just making yourself look like a tool.

Vampirism definetly needs more positive attributes or less negative attributes, Because being a vampire isn't worth it yet.

Welp. If you're playing on a console, then you better get used to it. Because vampirism isn't going to be changing any time soon for you. You can say I look like a tool if you want. That's fine. But cootie does this stuff all the time. Comes into a series suddenly, and then acts like he remembers the good old days when stuff was different.

PC master race wins again. Gotta love dem mods.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-23 07:22:40

At 11/23/11 07:09 AM, MercatorMapV2 wrote: But cootie does this stuff all the time. Comes into a series suddenly, and then acts like he remembers the good old days when stuff was different.

It takes two to tango. But to be fair, I didn't see Cootie throwing around insults.

PC master race wins again. Gotta love dem mods.

Malicious sarcasm will get you nowhere.

Calm down, talk it out like grown ups, none of this, "I'm right you're wrong neener neener!" crap.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-23 07:22:41

PC master race?
Reaction images?
u mad bro?

Oh, I get it now! you're a troll.

Sorry, I'll Just play on the platform the game was designed for, and not a terrible port.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-23 07:27:17

At 11/23/11 07:22 AM, iMini wrote: Sorry, I'll Just play on the platform the game was designed for, and not a terrible port.

I'm quite enjoying it on PC... despite not being able to run it on max settings... I really need to upgrade my PC.

I knew I wouldn't be able to run it on max... but honestly, I wanted mods more than I wanted top notch graphics.
And I'm not sure why so many people have a problem with the UI on PC, seems to flow fine to me... save maybe the perk trees, those can be a hassle to navigate.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-23 07:32:21

Sorry, moment of anger. I'm sure it's fine on PC.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-23 07:33:24

At 11/23/11 07:22 AM, iMini wrote: PC master race?
Reaction images?
u mad bro?

Oh, I get it now! you're a troll.

Sorry, I'll Just play on the platform the game was designed for, and not a terrible port.

u mad bro? Really? Actually that one was thrown out there by you pal.

Like the picture said, I ain't even mad. You can call it a terrible port if you want (even though it isn't). But the fact is, is that except for DLC, you're going to have a static gaming experience. Looking forward to the dragon riding mod coming out in a month or so.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-23 07:42:00

At 11/23/11 05:09 AM, FlorentiusIV wrote: Getting 100 smithing b y only crafting Iron Daggers..

"Da-ah! I made lotsa daggers, NOW I CAN CRAFT DRAGON ARMOR AND DEADRIC WEAPONS!"

LOL! I've been abusing smithing with tons of Iron Daggers as well, even if it means to take out loads of gold in the process. At least I'm levelling up fast which will benefit myself.

At 11/23/11 07:33 AM, MercatorMapV2 wrote: You can call it a terrible port if you want (even though it isn't). But the fact is, is that except for DLC, you're going to have a static gaming experience.

I already accepted this downside on day one. As long as I can play the game itself for now, I won't complain since it should provide me with more than enough to do on it. All the time I'm picking up little quests which I don't mind doing when I constantly shift myself with focusing on different types of quests.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-23 08:00:02

At 11/23/11 07:42 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 11/23/11 05:09 AM, FlorentiusIV wrote: Getting 100 smithing b y only crafting Iron Daggers..

LOL! I've been abusing smithing with tons of Iron Daggers as well, even if it means to take out loads of gold in the process. At least I'm levelling up fast which will benefit myself.

My redguard laughs at your actually paying for iron ingots. Ain't these foos eva heard of a five finga discount?

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-23 10:50:37

Not another argument :(

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-23 10:55:08

At 11/23/11 08:00 AM, MercatorMapV2 wrote: My redguard laughs at your actually paying for iron ingots. Ain't these foos eva heard of a five finga discount?

Oh, and now you resort to racist humor. Classy, my man.

Uh, yeah, I'm leaving for a week and a half long trip on Friday and I won't have any Skyrim to keep me busy. I have a feeling I'm going to get withdrawals.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-23 12:09:44

I got it on PS3, my PC wouldn't be able to run this game sadly, and if I got it on Xbox I would never play it.

It's the worst port but any is better than nothing.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature