New Topic Respond to this Topic
Rallard
Rallard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 16th, 2011 @ 07:43 PM Reply

At 11/16/11 07:17 PM, tyler2513 wrote: You guys should watch these videos there actually quite hilarious.

The ending had me on the floor.

Dromedary
Dromedary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Melancholy
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 16th, 2011 @ 07:44 PM Reply

At 11/16/11 06:21 PM, hitman1993 wrote: So everyone, what's your political view?

Jesus, you take things too seriously.

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature
phrozonfire
phrozonfire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 16th, 2011 @ 07:48 PM Reply

At 11/16/11 07:44 PM, Dromedary wrote: Jesus, you take things too seriously.

Actually, I like the history of The Elder Scrolls series.

It has a huge amount of lore, but unlike other games, it's not shoved down your throat, nor is it pushed into a corner. It's successfully integrated into the gameplay.

Anyone think we'll ever see the rest of Nirn?

"I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." ~ Jaime Lannister

BBS Signature
Rallard
Rallard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 16th, 2011 @ 08:15 PM Reply

At 11/16/11 07:44 PM, Dromedary wrote:
At 11/16/11 06:21 PM, hitman1993 wrote: So everyone, what's your political view?
Jesus, you take things too seriously.

If you think having an opinion on the in-game storyline is taking things too seriously, it's good you don't visit the forums I do.

I talked to a few people on one who roleplay their characters. They have backstories, refuse to be part of certain things (like being a thief based character in the mages guild), take off their helmets and headgear when indoors, and never fast travel.

Now -that- is taking things too seriously. Having an interest in the well developed lore and story in the game is far from that.

Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 16th, 2011 @ 08:30 PM Reply

So I walked into my Whiterun house to find that Redguard Ahrem or whatever his name is on his way out. Suspicious. I plan on stalking and slaying him during the middle of the night.

Also, almost 100 Sneak, bitches don't even know I'm there.

Valjylmyr
Valjylmyr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 16th, 2011 @ 08:40 PM Reply

At 11/16/11 07:48 PM, phrozonfire wrote:
At 11/16/11 07:44 PM, Dromedary wrote: Jesus, you take things too seriously.
Actually, I like the history of The Elder Scrolls series.

It has a huge amount of lore, but unlike other games, it's not shoved down your throat, nor is it pushed into a corner. It's successfully integrated into the gameplay.

Anyone think we'll ever see the rest of Nirn?

I really hope there's a game in Akivir, or possibly some DLC that shows parts of the war between Tamriel and Akivir. Shit would be so cash.

BBS Signature
Letiger
Letiger
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Melancholy
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 16th, 2011 @ 08:45 PM Reply

The Elder Scrolls VI: Tamriel

Would be awesome to see a this generation game within the entire continent.

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 16th, 2011 @ 11:00 PM Reply

Giants will fuck your shit up like no tomorrow. What level do you have to be to take one on with a sword and shield?

For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
phrozonfire
phrozonfire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 16th, 2011 @ 11:06 PM Reply

At 11/16/11 08:40 PM, Valjylmyr wrote: I really hope there's a game in Akivir, or possibly some DLC that shows parts of the war between Tamriel and Akivir. Shit would be so cash.

That would be fucking amazing.

It would be a truly epic undertaking, though. Easily the most ambitious Elder Scrolls game to date.

I wonder what Akavir would be like. New races, perhaps?

"I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." ~ Jaime Lannister

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 16th, 2011 @ 11:50 PM Reply

At 11/16/11 11:06 PM, phrozonfire wrote:
I wonder what Akavir would be like. New races, perhaps?

All new races. Even a race of warrior gorilla men.

BBS Signature
Shnam
Shnam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 17th, 2011 @ 12:00 AM Reply

Please tell me there is somewhere I can go to get a haircut or facial hair. It looked awesome in the character creator but now my character just looks stupid and I am already level 25...

Thnx for the sig ParadoxVoid
i look like a ballplaya

BBS Signature
Panzer-Wolf
Panzer-Wolf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 17th, 2011 @ 12:47 AM Reply

So yeah, I've stumbled upon a way to max all your stats and accidentally found out a way to dupe armor. I tried looking to see if anybody found it but came up with nothing. A bit of a spoiler ahead of the quest you need to finish to do it so stop reading...

Okay good. You need to go to Septimus Sigmus Outpost, which is just northwest of Winterhold. To cut it short, you need to find an Elder Scroll to open a door which has a book that upgrades either magic, stealth, or warrior stats. What you need to do is use it once, back out to your inventory, drop the book, and pick it up again so it doesn't disappear. Now buy a house and put the book in a bookcase. Pick up the book and exit out. You should have the prompt again if you want to upgrade your stats. Decline it, enter your inventory again and use it. Once you do exit again to your inventory, drop it, put it in the bookcase, and repeat until your satisfied with your stats.

The next one confused me as it just happened out of me messing around with the armor mannequin so I don't know what I did exactly. I need to do some testing to see how it exactly works but it could pretty much dupe anything armor, amulats, or rings.

Free will is a load of bull.

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Audiophile
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 17th, 2011 @ 12:56 AM Reply

Guys, I'm a bit of an Elder Scrolls virgin and so playing this game is proving a bit daunting. Maybe because I'm not enjoying it as much as I hoped too but that is another story. Anyways, I'm just wondering whether I should be focused more on magic? I'm the kind who tends to prefer the brute force way of attack but then this game is kinda built on magic. What is the best system, or right way to use magic really? Please don't tell me that there is no 'right' way :( ATM I feel like I need a firm push in some kind of direction as there is too much going on in this game that I'm finding it somewhat overwhelming.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
Rallard
Rallard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 17th, 2011 @ 01:12 AM Reply

Already getting bored, and I haven't even visited the Greybeards yet.

Don't get me wrong, the game is good, but it just feels like I've done it all before. None of the sidequests are really that interesting. There's nothing that has blown me away like the quest where you go into the painting in Oblivion.

When I did the quest involving Sheogorath, I was initially excited. Turned out to be a boring joke of a quest involving me shooting balls of light from a staff at things.

I'll take a break and come back, maybe that will pique my interest. But just the thought of having to browse through the horrible inventory UI is discouraging.

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 17th, 2011 @ 01:16 AM Reply

At 11/17/11 12:56 AM, Gagsy wrote: Please don't tell me that there is no 'right' way :(

The "right way" to play Skyrim is the way you enjoy playing it. You don't need magic at all to get through the game, I've been playing a thief character, and the only "magic" I ever really use are the shouts, and that's not too often.
You could just as easily play through as a straight up warrior (Board and sword, dual wield or 2handers, doesn't matter)... It might be kind of a pain if you don't use bows early on in the game to take out dragons, but it is doable.

Just play how you enjoy playing, if you wanna play a warrior/mage hybrid, do it. The game isn't centered around magic, it's just more inviting than it was in previous games.

Audio/BBS Mod
News: The Inevitability - Music: The Inevitability - Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
Panzer-Wolf
Panzer-Wolf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 17th, 2011 @ 01:18 AM Reply

At 11/17/11 12:56 AM, Gagsy wrote: Guys, I'm a bit of an Elder Scrolls virgin and so playing this game is proving a bit daunting. Maybe because I'm not enjoying it as much as I hoped too but that is another story. Anyways, I'm just wondering whether I should be focused more on magic? I'm the kind who tends to prefer the brute force way of attack but then this game is kinda built on magic. What is the best system, or right way to use magic really? Please don't tell me that there is no 'right' way :( ATM I feel like I need a firm push in some kind of direction as there is too much going on in this game that I'm finding it somewhat overwhelming.

Destruction and Restoration is good for any character, but focus on one type of element if you go the destruction route to get more band for your buck. Illusion is more for stealth characters, abit some situational uses for certain spells on other builds, and Conjuration/Alteration if you're making a pure magic user. Since you're just starting out you should focus on Heavy Armor, Restoration, Destruction and One-Handed as their the most simplest skills to understand and use. Once your comfortable with that, branch out to other skills for more variety.

You also need to stop thinking about how big the world is and just go out exploring. The beauty of this game is that you can completly ignore everything and go adventuring. Every dungeon has its own story behind it so it doesn't go stale. Try taking things one step at a time and decide from there on what you want to do. That's how I think of it when I play these types of games.

Free will is a load of bull.

BBS Signature
DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 17th, 2011 @ 02:14 AM Reply

This is an excellent game. Having a hard time putting it down.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

phrozonfire
phrozonfire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 17th, 2011 @ 02:43 AM Reply

Found 62 Ebony Ore in a mine, fucking awesome.

BBS Signature
The-Scourge
The-Scourge
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 17th, 2011 @ 03:07 AM Reply

If anyone wants to know I found a really easy way to get 100 smithing and 100 illusion:
illusion: find the spell muffle, get the morokei mask, saven amulet, and archmages robes from finishing the mages college and just constantly recast it, you can do it between going places etc. I went from 30-100 in about 4 hours :/
Smithing, the fastest way is just spamming iron daggers, you can buy ingots from the 3 people in whiterun every 48 hours. That is all.

I think I would enjoy eating fruit more if it screamed when I bit into it.

BBS Signature
seel
seel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Musician
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 17th, 2011 @ 06:11 AM Reply

Got this shid last night, holy addictiveness Batman! Spent like 2 hours exploring a cave and hunting bandits in the beginning of the game, before I had even gone to the first village. Oh and I killed a chicken and suddenly the whole village wanted to see me dead.

Jackho
Jackho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 17th, 2011 @ 07:31 AM Reply

At 11/17/11 12:56 AM, Gagsy wrote: Anyways, I'm just wondering whether I should be focused more on magic?

Nope, you playthe game whatever way you want to. That been said there does seem to be more of an emphasis on magic than in previous games but you should still be able to get through just fine without using any magic at all if you don't want to. If you're really finding it tough you should turn down the difficulty in the options menu. The novice setting makes all but the toughest enemies a breeze.

last.fm / letterboxd / backloggery / mal / follow me if you think you can handle it

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 17th, 2011 @ 08:02 AM Reply

At 11/17/11 12:56 AM, Gagsy wrote: Guys, I'm a bit of an Elder Scrolls virgin and so playing this game is proving a bit daunting. Maybe because I'm not enjoying it as much as I hoped too but that is another story. Anyways, I'm just wondering whether I should be focused more on magic? I'm the kind who tends to prefer the brute force way of attack but then this game is kinda built on magic. What is the best system, or right way to use magic really? Please don't tell me that there is no 'right' way :( ATM I feel like I need a firm push in some kind of direction as there is too much going on in this game that I'm finding it somewhat overwhelming.

Really, there is no right way. That is the true answer and you are putting too much thought into it. The Warrior, Mage, and Thief are all equally viable and powerful in their own way. Just pick the playstyle you enjoy most.

BBS Signature
Letiger
Letiger
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Melancholy
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 17th, 2011 @ 08:08 AM Reply

I started as a warrior -> Became a mage -> Am now a thief/mage.

BBS Signature
POTaTOS
POTaTOS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 17th, 2011 @ 08:27 AM Reply

Through some miracle this was still available at Redbox. I have to say it's not quite what I expected. I'm a little underwhelmed. But it's still fucking cool.

Now, NGer's, listen. I was going to Windhelm when I saw a giant ONE SHOP a Dragon. Now, I cannot stress this enough!
DO NOT. FUCK. WITH. GIANTS!

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature
Kackorot
Kackorot
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 17th, 2011 @ 09:53 AM Reply

Steamrolling over waves of enemies as a werewolf is awesome.

The Official Newgrounds Flamewar Adversary System: Stay safe, stay informed!
Xbox live has stolen 33,723 pieces of my soul, GamerTag: RipTideRex

BBS Signature
Lordboy54
Lordboy54
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 17th, 2011 @ 10:08 AM Reply

so a random question fellow NG'ers, what level are you? me myself am level 17

Steam ID | X360 Gamertag: AversiveKnave | ORIGIN: DarkBlue96

BBS Signature
Squidbit
Squidbit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Animator
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 17th, 2011 @ 10:44 AM Reply

If you wanna use brute force, use brute force, no particular way of fighting is any better or worse than any other way.
A brute force fighter, I suppose would carry a greatsword and heavy armor, or a shield and sword.
I personally carry two daggers and sneak attack the fuck out of everybody. I only know like 5 spells and can't cast most of them cause I'm completely shit at magic.

I wouldn't say the game is built on magic at all, it's actually kinda rare to even fight someone that uses magic instead of a sword/mace/hammer/axe/whatever.
Just try different things and see what you like best.

Drony
Drony
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Melancholy
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 17th, 2011 @ 10:45 AM Reply

At 11/17/11 10:14 AM, Tramps wrote:
At 11/17/11 10:08 AM, Lordboy54 wrote: so a random question fellow NG'ers, what level are you? me myself am level 17
45. DON'T JUDGE ME.

Level 25 Khajiit, stealthy style.

Also for any Cracked fans here, they just made an article on Skyrim. I couldn't agree more with #1.

BBS Signature
Wolfos
Wolfos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Game Developer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 17th, 2011 @ 11:13 AM Reply

#4 is ridiculous. How is that even a bad thing? Just because you can't handle it doesn't suddenly make it a bad thing.

iMini
iMini
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 17th, 2011 @ 11:15 AM Reply

I fucking loved Cracked!

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature