Rallard
Rallard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-02-03 12:49:28 Reply

At 2/3/11 12:21 PM, Jolly wrote:
At 2/1/11 02:35 PM, Makeshift wrote: Info on the menus. Sound interesting...
That looks terrible. They should stick to the way Oblivion's menus looked. Oblivion was really easy to navigate.. That looks like it won't be.

Yeah, that looks like a fucking mess. They should stick with it being horizontal and small print.

Anyway, watching the tour of Bethesda studios got me pumped. When they were playing the Oblivion music in the background it made me realize I've never turned the music off when I play Oblivion, and I've put well over 200 hours into that game. Easily the best soundtrack of any game because it never gets old, which makes me wonder -- will Skyrim deliver in terms of music?

Whatever though, doesn't matter. This game is the only reason I'm keeping my 360 (computer can't handle graphics of this magnitude), and I was thoroughly impressed by Fallout 3, so I doubt I'll be disappointed.

Jolly
Jolly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Programmer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-02-03 12:49:29 Reply

At 2/3/11 12:42 PM, AnalPenguinFarming wrote:
At 2/1/11 05:56 PM, therealanimator wrote: i have my doubts on the new menu system..it seems too tacky.
I disagree, using that system for menus looks pretty incredible. It makes everything seem more well detailed than the game's predecessor. I think we're in for a lot more than we expect once this game is released. It's going to be amazing.

It looks like it's going to be somewhat hard to navigate. You can only see about 7 items at once when I oblivion you could see a lot more.

Also, you're going to have to scroll to see all of the skills, and that may become very very annoying.

Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-02-03 13:29:45 Reply

At 2/3/11 12:49 PM, Jolly wrote:
It looks like it's going to be somewhat hard to navigate. You can only see about 7 items at once when I oblivion you could see a lot more.

Also, you're going to have to scroll to see all of the skills, and that may become very very annoying.

I am sure once it is implemented it will be easier that it sounds. Don't you remember how once you had a lot of shit to sell in Oblivion you had a TON of shit to scroll through? And the scrolling speed wasn't that fast which made it tedious.

I think this will be easier.

For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-02-03 13:39:19 Reply

At 2/3/11 01:29 PM, Cootie wrote: Don't you remember how once you had a lot of shit to sell in Oblivion you had a TON of shit to scroll through? And the scrolling speed wasn't that fast which made it tedious.

Remember trying to get to something past all your keys? I spent so much time doing that :(

ApparatusUnearth
ApparatusUnearth
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-02-03 14:18:52 Reply

At 2/3/11 01:39 PM, Snuff wrote:
At 2/3/11 01:29 PM, Cootie wrote: Don't you remember how once you had a lot of shit to sell in Oblivion you had a TON of shit to scroll through? And the scrolling speed wasn't that fast which made it tedious.
Remember trying to get to something past all your keys? I spent so much time doing that :(

Oh, God damn those keys.

OKLAHOMA CITY BEAT THE GRIZZLIES. TAKE THAT AUSTIN.

PSN ID: ApparatusUnearth

ApparatusUnearth
ApparatusUnearth
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-02-03 14:20:33 Reply

Also I'm never much of a graphics person, a good game is a good game whether or not it looks good, but holy crap this game looks AWESOME.

OKLAHOMA CITY BEAT THE GRIZZLIES. TAKE THAT AUSTIN.

PSN ID: ApparatusUnearth

Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-02-03 14:21:24 Reply

At 2/3/11 12:15 PM, Jolly wrote: Here's a Q&A with Todd Howard about Skyrim.

I think you should all listen to this. Todd doesn't exactly give a lot of new information, but it's nice to hear what he has to say.

I haven't finished it yet (I actually just started) but I think it's about 30 mins long.

It's about an hour long.

AnalPenguinFarming
AnalPenguinFarming
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-02-03 15:59:20 Reply

I don't think Bethesda would implement a menu system that would make things more difficult for its players/fans. If anything things will become more simple and understandable to use. They're usually pretty good about satisfying their customers when it comes to gaming.

With a couple of exceptions.

Yea, I farm Anal Penguins. Do something about it.

BBS Signature
thekiwi
thekiwi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Animator
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-02-04 15:29:34 Reply

At 2/3/11 03:59 PM, AnalPenguinFarming wrote: I don't think Bethesda would implement a menu system that would make things more difficult for its players/fans. If anything things will become more simple and understandable to use. They're usually pretty good about satisfying their customers when it comes to gaming.

With a couple of exceptions.

Exceptions ? :O

Subscribe the piss out of me. Youtube

GarthReaper
GarthReaper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-02-04 23:15:58 Reply

any mention of sub-factions and stuff yet?

dark brotherhood ftw :)

Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-02-04 23:35:31 Reply

The character aren't ugly. Being that this was my main qualm with Oblivion, I might just get it.

RyanlupeX
RyanlupeX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-02-05 04:25:05 Reply

Elder Scrolls 4 Was Epic
And Now Elder Scrolls 5 Will Be Legendary.
Cant Wait :D

=3

Lumber-Jax12
Lumber-Jax12
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-02-05 23:56:32 Reply

any news on the npcs? i keep hearing they're getting rid of conversations with regular non-quest important characters, that kills it a bit for me, i hated going to towns in fallout new vegas and never getting to do anything, i actually stalked them and found interesting things, hell i made money by following an orc who sells drugs and stole the skooma and sold to vendors.

Plus who didn't love talking to all the psychos in the shivering isles?

The3DragonsGroup
The3DragonsGroup
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-02-06 16:47:46 Reply

Probably the best tribute to the Skyrim teaser, ever. I'm really excited now.

'He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.' - Samuel Johnson

BBS Signature
Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-02-06 17:04:50 Reply

At 2/6/11 04:47 PM, The3DragonsGroup wrote: Probably the best tribute to the Skyrim teaser, ever. I'm really excited now.

Got a good laugh out of that. Let's hope they release a little more information ASAP, I'm getting edgy.

Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-02-06 17:05:33 Reply

At 2/6/11 04:47 PM, The3DragonsGroup wrote: Probably the best tribute to the Skyrim teaser, ever. I'm really excited now.

Why is this not on Newgrounds yet?

Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-02-06 17:30:58 Reply

At 2/6/11 05:05 PM, Makeshift wrote:
Why is this not on Newgrounds yet?

Harry betrayed us all.

Halberd
Halberd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-02-07 03:05:19 Reply

That flash was pretty funny cause when I watched the live stream of the Skyrim trailer and put it up on another website everybody was spamming the thread with silly stuff like "FUUUUUUUUUUUCK YES I FUCKING CANT WAIT OH YEAH I AM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW" and making a massive deal about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NguTypiXqqY
ILLEGAL MARIJUANA RELATED ACTIVITIES
The hand I killed your children with masturbates to the memory of it

therealanimator
therealanimator
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-02-07 04:27:47 Reply

happy harry has done a great job of what its like to be a skyrim fanboy. And he fucking put in a cock joke. HE DONE US PROUD BOYS HE DONE US PROUD!!

cherry garcia: its like having an angel cum in your mouth

BBS Signature
sinfulwolf
sinfulwolf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-02-07 09:09:38 Reply

At 2/4/11 11:15 PM, GarthReaper wrote: any mention of sub-factions and stuff yet?

dark brotherhood ftw :)

I've heard mention of the dark brotherhood, but that's it. I'm not even sure it was confirmed.

At 2/4/11 11:35 PM, Lintire wrote: The character aren't ugly. Being that this was my main qualm with Oblivion, I might just get it.

Please don't tell me that's the only reason your getting this game...

At 2/5/11 11:56 PM, Lumber-Jax12 wrote: any news on the npcs? i keep hearing they're getting rid of conversations with regular non-quest important characters, that kills it a bit for me, i hated going to towns in fallout new vegas and never getting to do anything, i actually stalked them and found interesting things, hell i made money by following an orc who sells drugs and stole the skooma and sold to vendors.

Plus who didn't love talking to all the psychos in the shivering isles?

I have no idea where you heard this. From my understanding of all the interviews there will still be conversations with NPCs, just that it doesn't zoom in on their face all the time. You can also get new location, quest and story information from eavesdropping on various NPCs conversing together. So no, there'll still be conversations with the majority of the characters from what I understand.

Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-02-08 19:10:13 Reply

Destructoid said these are new screenshots, although I do remember seeing all 5 of them at some point in time. In case you're like the guy that wrote the Destructoid article, here's the screens.

Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-02-09 00:06:28 Reply

At 2/8/11 07:10 PM, Makeshift wrote: Destructoid said these are new screenshots, although I do remember seeing all 5 of them at some point in time. In case you're like the guy that wrote the Destructoid article, here's the screens.

Damn, those graphics look pretty good. It actually makes you think about how old Oblivion is and how piss-poor its graphics are by comparison. I wish I could just sleep until November 11th.

For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
MrPercie
MrPercie
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 33
Gamer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-02-11 15:52:05 Reply

New pictures of the game

looks good.

my love of material goods is far greater than my love of food

BBS Signature
Balazeal
Balazeal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-02-11 17:14:05 Reply

At 2/11/11 03:52 PM, MrPercie wrote: New pictures of the game

You mean these?

Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-02-11 17:15:17 Reply

Those pictures are looking great, I can tell this game is going to be the sole reason I fail my A Levels.

Balazeal
Balazeal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-02-11 17:15:35 Reply

At 2/11/11 05:14 PM, Balazeal wrote:
At 2/11/11 03:52 PM, MrPercie wrote: New pictures of the game
You mean these?

Sorry about that MrPercie. Looks like Kotaku broke both our links.
Posting URL instead.

http://kotaku.com/#!5757996/feel-the-lov e-in-these-elder-scrolls-skyrim-screens/
gallery/1

Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-02-11 17:29:08 Reply

The image that looks most interesting to me is this one. It looks like a 3rd person gameplay shot and it looks amazing. Just walking around hunting will be an awesome 10 hour endeavor for me.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-02-11 18:45:47 Reply

At 2/11/11 05:29 PM, Makeshift wrote: The image that looks most interesting to me is this one. It looks like a 3rd person gameplay shot and it looks amazing. Just walking around hunting will be an awesome 10 hour endeavor for me.

Oh man that looks like fun, I'd love it so much if they put authentic hunting in this game, spending ages tracking an animal, until finally killing it, if you could then cook it and eat it that would be great, especially if because you caught and cooked it, it gave you extra health/mana/fatigue or something, or some kind of special temporary bonus.

LulzCal
LulzCal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Animator
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-02-11 19:04:20 Reply

Really can't fucking wait now...

| Steam | AMD FX8320 - Asus 7950 - 8GB DDR3 - Asis M5A97 Pro - Xigmatek 750w - 120gb SSD - 1tb HDD - 500gb HDD -

BBS Signature
sinfulwolf
sinfulwolf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-02-11 20:59:46 Reply

At 2/11/11 06:45 PM, Snuff wrote:
At 2/11/11 05:29 PM, Makeshift wrote: The image that looks most interesting to me is this one. It looks like a 3rd person gameplay shot and it looks amazing. Just walking around hunting will be an awesome 10 hour endeavor for me.
Oh man that looks like fun, I'd love it so much if they put authentic hunting in this game, spending ages tracking an animal, until finally killing it, if you could then cook it and eat it that would be great, especially if because you caught and cooked it, it gave you extra health/mana/fatigue or something, or some kind of special temporary bonus.

That does indeed sound like it could add a fair bit to the game. I mean there's already titles out there that focus exclusively on hunting and still manage to sell copies. So if Skyrim has a solid hunting component to the gameplay, that just adds one more element of enjoyment for the players.