Falonefal
Falonefal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Filmmaker
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dec. 13th, 2010 @ 07:47 AM Reply

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGO MGOMGOMGOMG

BUCKETS! BUCKETS CAN'T HOLD MY EXCITEMENT!!!

shit!!!!

Tick Tock

BBS Signature
CremePudding
CremePudding
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dec. 13th, 2010 @ 10:22 AM Reply

Hmmm,I am SO looking forwards to all the mods people will make!
(And Conjuration spell! CONJURATION CONJURATION CONJURE RANDOM MONSTERS SPAM SPAM!!!)
I wish they would fix the level system though,the Oblivion leveling system sucked,
and there is too little difference between classes.....

yonokowhat
yonokowhat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dec. 13th, 2010 @ 11:01 AM Reply

because its a direct sequel to elder scrolls 4 oblivion, couldnt you call it oblivion 2? ah well.

and if everyone was really cumming this much we would be drowning in the damn stuff

"let's throw the babies into the air and catch them with our bayonets, whoever catches the most wins!"

CremePudding
CremePudding
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dec. 13th, 2010 @ 11:11 AM Reply

:The Elder Scrolls I : Arena
:The Elder Scrolls II : Daggerfall
:The Elder Scrolls III : Morrowind
:The Elder Scrolls IV : Oblivion
:The Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim

It looks better this way,compared to

:The Elder Scrolls I : Arena
:The Elder Scrolls II : Daggerfall
:The Elder Scrolls III : Morrowind
:The Elder Scrolls IV : Oblivion
:The Elder Scrolls V : Oblivion II

Which would stuck out like a sore thumb.
(Plus,Oblivion II sounds like some lame noob mod that the author claims to make Oblivion a whole new 1337 game.)

Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Audiophile
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dec. 13th, 2010 @ 01:14 PM Reply

At 12/13/10 02:51 AM, 36Holla wrote: Using a new engine for the game.

If this is the case, I am definitely happy with this. One of the things I didn't like about Oblivion was the awful game engine. The low frame rate at times and the crashes did get to me after a while but I managed to march on.

[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dec. 13th, 2010 @ 02:53 PM Reply

At 12/13/10 01:14 PM, Bahamut wrote:
If this is the case, I am definitely happy with this. One of the things I didn't like about Oblivion was the awful game engine. The low frame rate at times and the crashes did get to me after a while but I managed to march on.

You have to remember that Oblivion was made in early 2006 and in a few months the game will be five years old. I was surprised that they got the framerate as high as they did all things considered. But yes, I am looking forward to the new engine as well.

For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
Par0xysM
Par0xysM
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dec. 13th, 2010 @ 05:20 PM Reply

When I heard Skyrim was coming out, it made my day. Probably one of the games I'm anticipating most right now.

NORDS!
sinfulwolf
sinfulwolf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dec. 13th, 2010 @ 08:42 PM Reply

At 12/13/10 10:22 AM, CremePudding wrote: Hmmm,I am SO looking forwards to all the mods people will make!
(And Conjuration spell! CONJURATION CONJURATION CONJURE RANDOM MONSTERS SPAM SPAM!!!)
I wish they would fix the level system though,the Oblivion leveling system sucked,

I think the Elder Srolls levelling system is great. It's not something that any other game I've played uses, and makes more sense.

"Oh I upgrade my sword skill by using my sword, instead of getting so many experience points and dumping it all into my axe despite not having used it once throughout the game".

I like it, and seeing as they've had it since Daggerfall (can't remember much about Arena) I don't see why they'll get rid of it. Though being able to rest and level up (like Morrowind) rather than having to sleep (like Oblivion) would be nice. Though I won't mind either way.

semeieseed
semeieseed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dec. 14th, 2010 @ 12:55 AM Reply

At 12/12/10 04:53 PM, MiroDK wrote: Here's to hoping that they hire more than 6 voice actors for every NPC though.

Incredible game, but it did get annoying talking to some guy, and later on, a different guy had the same voice.
You know, I was more concerned how most NPCs had the exact same face than having the same voices. Sure, they shouldn't waste so much time to make every single NPC different to each other but it did look silly when around a quarter of the population in Cyrodiil looked alike.

While we're on the subject of voice actors, there's one person who Bethesda should try and get to do some voice roles and that man is Christopher Lee. Seriously, him and The Elder Scrolls would go so well together!

Yeah well it seems that Bethesda knows how many fans (like me) are looking forward to this game, so they will most likely pull out some extra money to get some decent voice actors.

CremePudding
CremePudding
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dec. 14th, 2010 @ 05:52 AM Reply

At 12/13/10 08:42 PM, sinfulwolf wrote:
At 12/13/10 10:22 AM, CremePudding wrote: Hmmm,I am SO looking forwards to all the mods people will make!
I think the Elder Srolls levelling system is great. It's not something that any other game I've played uses, and makes more sense.

"Oh I upgrade my sword skill by using my sword, instead of getting so many experience points and dumping it all into my axe despite not having used it once throughout the game".

I like it, and seeing as they've had it since Daggerfall (can't remember much about Arena) I don't see why they'll get rid of it. Though being able to rest and level up (like Morrowind) rather than having to sleep (like Oblivion) would be nice. Though I won't mind either way.

I mean the attribute-leveling up system - I loved the way they handle skill where you swing blade so you get better at it - but the attribute side of it is stupid. Having to restrict your skill use so that you get better stats can be annoying while all your enemies get stronger all-around.

MiroDK
MiroDK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dec. 14th, 2010 @ 06:37 AM Reply

At 12/14/10 05:52 AM, CremePudding wrote: I mean the attribute-leveling up system - I loved the way they handle skill where you swing blade so you get better at it - but the attribute side of it is stupid. Having to restrict your skill use so that you get better stats can be annoying while all your enemies get stronger all-around.

Yeah, I hate trying to get that +5 stat multiplier, it's really an annoying system.

shit's amazing

BBS Signature
Aelkamal
Aelkamal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dec. 14th, 2010 @ 03:07 PM Reply

I think there even was a mod online for several players on a multiplayer Oblivion... i can't think of it's name right now, but look for it... i heard of it like a couple of years, so now it must be surely very well advanced.

"NEC PLUS ULTRA": Nothing Beyond
"IN VINO VERITAS": La vérité se trouve dans le vin!

schumaccercat
schumaccercat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dec. 14th, 2010 @ 04:30 PM Reply

At 12/12/10 04:29 PM, Makeshift wrote:
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is set for a November 11, 2011 release.

must. get. skyrim.

Wolfos
Wolfos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Game Developer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dec. 14th, 2010 @ 05:03 PM Reply

At 12/13/10 01:14 PM, Bahamut wrote:

Yeah, the engine was terrible.
For example, look at the wiki's for the games made with the engine (Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Fallout NV).
You can't find a proper page on that wiki that has less than 5 bugs listed.

kmau
kmau
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Animator
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dec. 14th, 2010 @ 05:25 PM Reply

I'm only interested in seeing the engine since this one will probably be used for Fallout 4 too.

BBS Signature
sinfulwolf
sinfulwolf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dec. 14th, 2010 @ 11:34 PM Reply

At 12/14/10 05:52 AM, CremePudding wrote:

I mean the attribute-leveling up system - I loved the way they handle skill where you swing blade so you get better at it - but the attribute side of it is stupid. Having to restrict your skill use so that you get better stats can be annoying while all your enemies get stronger all-around.

Ah... I misinterpreted ye. My bad.

CapnCrunchDaPimp
CapnCrunchDaPimp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dec. 15th, 2010 @ 01:39 AM Reply

I have been neglecting The Elder Scrolls since the slew of Fallout games came out, and I can't wait to play the new one. I'm so psyched, it's gonna be awesome.

puredragon222
puredragon222
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dec. 22nd, 2010 @ 11:25 PM Reply

I can't wait, I'm gonna start Oblivion again and try to keep to only ONE character before Skyrim, who I will then remake for Skyrim.

I like Sonic in Brawl. He has pretty Final Smash.

BBS Signature
CremePudding
CremePudding
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dec. 23rd, 2010 @ 04:26 AM Reply

At 12/23/10 04:04 AM, ArthurGhostly wrote: I was kind of hoping the game would be set in High Rock because I always play as an orc.

I'm withholding judgment on this until I see it. I've attempted to play the first two games but couldn't get in to them, morrowind is one of my favourite games ever and oblivion was fairly awful. Interesting to see which direction this one goes in.

I hope dark elves go back to being gravel-voiced bastards.

I just hope the toolset would remain user-friendly like the Oblivion one is. Dragon Age's stuffy toolset can go die.

Androu1
Androu1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dec. 23rd, 2010 @ 07:17 AM Reply

At 12/12/10 05:58 PM, EmmDubya wrote: If it goes even further down the Oblivion route, it probably will disappoint me massively, but still be one of my favourite games of all time. The nested tabs, removal of skill depth and general consolization...

What the FUCK do consoles have to do with ANYTHING?

Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dec. 23rd, 2010 @ 08:32 AM Reply

I always hate it when they just have the advert as an animation and none of the actual game in it, yes I know its still almost a year until it but they should have some of it made so far. What use is an animation.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.
Let's Player, Artist, Pony writer, Cuteness!

BBS Signature
Valjylmyr
Valjylmyr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dec. 23rd, 2010 @ 09:26 AM Reply

The only thing I'm worried about is the entire region being covered in snow. The Jarell Mountains (directly south of Skyrim) were snowy and since Skyrim is even further north than those I'm worried that all we'll see is snow, except for indoor areas. I dunno why but that'd be a disappointment.

BBS Signature
sinfulwolf
sinfulwolf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dec. 23rd, 2010 @ 12:18 PM Reply

At 12/23/10 04:04 AM, ArthurGhostly wrote: I was kind of hoping the game would be set in High Rock because I always play as an orc.

I'm withholding judgment on this until I see it. I've attempted to play the first two games but couldn't get in to them, morrowind is one of my favourite games ever and oblivion was fairly awful. Interesting to see which direction this one goes in.

I hope dark elves go back to being gravel-voiced bastards.

Never know, despite it being called Skyrim we might get to see pieces of other provinces, I mean we didn't spend all of Oblivion in Oblivion.

I personally hope the direction they take Skyrim in fits somewhere between Morrowind and Oblivion.

And yeah, I liked the gravel voice much better than what they had later.

At 12/23/10 08:32 AM, Ragnarokia wrote: I always hate it when they just have the advert as an animation and none of the actual game in it, yes I know its still almost a year until it but they should have some of it made so far. What use is an animation.

It's just an announcement/teaser trailer to pique some interest. More will come within time, because yes, they are still pretty much a year away so there might not be much ready to show outside some cinematics, if anything.

At 12/23/10 09:26 AM, Valjylmyr wrote: The only thing I'm worried about is the entire region being covered in snow. The Jarell Mountains (directly south of Skyrim) were snowy and since Skyrim is even further north than those I'm worried that all we'll see is snow, except for indoor areas. I dunno why but that'd be a disappointment.

Like I said earlier, perhaps we'll get to see other provinces, maybe we'll get to do some things at sea? But as fun as it is to paint the snows crimson endless fields of it would be fairly dull. If the story and gameplay is good though I won't bitch much.

Pandamir
Pandamir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Gamer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dec. 23rd, 2010 @ 04:47 PM Reply

This game is going to be awesome for sure. Cause being that Elder Scrolls is one of my favorite games of all time and that I sunk about 200 hours into Oblivion lol. But can't wait for this one to hit the shelves and will reserve it the first chance I get.

Love is giving somebody the power to destroy you and trusting them not to!!

BBS Signature
Aliensandwich
Aliensandwich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Artist
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dec. 23rd, 2010 @ 09:24 PM Reply

Fuck da police!

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

BBS Signature
Arimeister
Arimeister
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dec. 29th, 2010 @ 08:57 AM Reply

Cannot wait for this. Just occured to me that if you're playing the 'Dragonborn', won't that mean you're royalty or something? I'm sure Martin Septim from Oblivion was a Dragonborn too...they can see into the future or some shit.

Personally, i'm hoping for a new engine, and some kind of hardcore mode, like the one in New Vegas. Not that i want all the features from Fallout to be copy and pasted into Skyrim, but a hardcore mode would be cool.

Oh, and they need to put Dragon riding into it. Y'know, like swooping over a village and torching it.

People are like slinkys, they serve no purpose, yet it still amuses you to push them down the stairs.

Raab
Raab
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dec. 29th, 2010 @ 09:03 AM Reply

My least favorite race is the Nord....

But I'm optimistic that it will be as culturally diverse as Morrowind, where the majority of people are Nords and all races are everywhere.

Also... in the trailer they show a dragon... but I thought the last dragon died in the game Redguard.

Anyone know when this game takes place in Tamriel?

BBS Signature
Valjylmyr
Valjylmyr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dec. 29th, 2010 @ 10:12 AM Reply

At 12/29/10 09:03 AM, RobJohnson wrote: Also... in the trailer they show a dragon... but I thought the last dragon died in the game Redguard.

It probably covers their return. Martin was a dragon... sorta...

It's a direct sequel to Oblivion, so probably a few years after that.

BBS Signature
sinfulwolf
sinfulwolf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dec. 29th, 2010 @ 04:52 PM Reply

At 12/29/10 08:57 AM, Arimeister wrote: Cannot wait for this. Just occured to me that if you're playing the 'Dragonborn', won't that mean you're royalty or something? I'm sure Martin Septim from Oblivion was a Dragonborn too...they can see into the future or some shit.

Personally, i'm hoping for a new engine, and some kind of hardcore mode, like the one in New Vegas. Not that i want all the features from Fallout to be copy and pasted into Skyrim, but a hardcore mode would be cool.

Oh, and they need to put Dragon riding into it. Y'know, like swooping over a village and torching it.

The "Dragonborn" but I'm entirely unsure of. I'm waiting for more details as to what that means, though seeing as it's coming from a Nord narrator it could mean something quite different then the Septim line.

They are coming out with a new engine, and a hardcore mode would be interesting in such a fantasy setting.

As for Dragon Riding... I'm just hoping for mounted combat. And capes and beards (even though I'll be playing a female character, seeing NPCs with rockin beards in a Nordic setting would be awesome)

At 12/29/10 09:03 AM, RobJohnson wrote: My least favorite race is the Nord....

But I'm optimistic that it will be as culturally diverse as Morrowind, where the majority of people are Nords and all races are everywhere.

Also... in the trailer they show a dragon... but I thought the last dragon died in the game Redguard.

The Nords and Imperials are my favorite races to play as, and the Nords interest me the most culturally. But that's just me. I figure it'll be like Morrowind and Oblivion in that the majority of the populace will be natives of the province with a heavy sprinkling of other races scattered about. Especially in towns that cater to that particular races culture. (Edges of Skyrim will no doubt be populated more heavily with races from that particular neighboring province) I expect Nords and Orcs to be most common as there was talk in Oblivion of the Nords hiring Orc mercenaries to go to war with House Reddoran.

To the Dragon, the game covers their return as far as I know. That's what I gathered from the narrator.

The game takes place shortly after Oblivion, the gates opening across the land were mentioned in the announcement trailer as part of the prophecy of the dragons' return to Tamriel. Perhaps some have been buried or are coming from another continent, and the populace of Tamriel just believed them to be extinct.

AtomicD00M
AtomicD00M
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Jan. 3rd, 2011 @ 08:31 PM Reply

Im actually excited for this game.

11/11/11 Cant wait<3

BBS Signature