Be a Supporter!

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

  • 287,940 Views
  • 4,592 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Trapex
Trapex
  • Member since: Apr. 9, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 01
Writer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-03-22 21:26:17 Reply

So I've already gotten Skyrim for my PS3 and I've enjoyed it for the most part, but I'm considering about getting rid of it (taking it to Gamestop or something along those lines) and getting the PC version of it. Am I really missing much right now by only having the PS3 version (other than the whole DLC fiasco; I have no interest in that)?

Also, my only computer as of now is a laptop. Do you guys think it'll be able to run on it? I don't remember the specs about it; I've had for about and year and a half.

Snuff
Snuff
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-03-22 22:12:39 Reply

At 3/22/13 09:26 PM, Trapex wrote:
Also, my only computer as of now is a laptop. Do you guys think it'll be able to run on it? I don't remember the specs about it; I've had for about and year and a half.

I'd stick with the PS3, my friend.

Trapex
Trapex
  • Member since: Apr. 9, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 01
Writer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-03-22 22:55:52 Reply

At 3/22/13 10:12 PM, Snuff wrote:
At 3/22/13 09:26 PM, Trapex wrote:
Also, my only computer as of now is a laptop. Do you guys think it'll be able to run on it? I don't remember the specs about it; I've had for about and year and a half.
I'd stick with the PS3, my friend.

Alright. Thanks for telling me before I made a decision.

Auz
Auz
  • Member since: Feb. 23, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 60
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-03-23 18:39:41 Reply

At 3/22/13 09:26 PM, Trapex wrote: So I've already gotten Skyrim for my PS3 and I've enjoyed it for the most part, but I'm considering about getting rid of it (taking it to Gamestop or something along those lines) and getting the PC version of it. Am I really missing much right now by only having the PS3 version (other than the whole DLC fiasco; I have no interest in that)?

Also, my only computer as of now is a laptop. Do you guys think it'll be able to run on it? I don't remember the specs about it; I've had for about and year and a half.

I'd just stick with the PS3 version if I were you and save yourself the money.

I'm pretty sure your laptop can run the game (heck, even my 3.5 year old laptop can), but unless it's a "gaming laptop" it may have trouble running the game on high settings so you might not be gaining much in terms of graphics. As for the DLC, I thought it was all released for the PS3 as well by now but I could be wrong.

If you're interested in applying all kinds of fancy mods to your game then I suppose you'd have to get the PC version, but if not then I can't think of anything you're missing out on.


[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 8 February 2016)

BBS Signature
Klobb17
Klobb17
  • Member since: Jul. 9, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Gamer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-03-24 04:26:48 Reply

Anyone know a good way to get Conjuration up? I decided to recreate a character of mine and roleplay as him, and to properly do so I need to give him the ability to summon a familiar to aid him. He's not a spellcaster by any means, instead relying on two-handed, heavy armor, and speech to get the job done, all three of which I have no problem leveling up. So far, I'm just casting Raise Zombie on every bandit I kill to get the skill up (along with two-handed should I decide to off them for the hell of it), but I'm sure there's a better way I don't know of. The character's familiar in question is a demonic hunk of armor with a skull for a head that wields an over-sized battleaxe, but I'm fairly sure they don't have that in the Xbox 360 version of Skyrim, so suggestions for a potential alternative are welcome. I'm guessing a dremora or atronach summon will do.

Mismo
Mismo
  • Member since: Aug. 10, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Musician
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-03-24 04:53:55 Reply

At 3/24/13 04:26 AM, Klobb17 wrote: Anyone know a good way to get Conjuration up?

Find a dead body and just use soul trap on it over and over. It is an easy and rather quick way to get up your conjuration level.


I don't tip (because I'm Swedish and we don't really believe in it)

BBS Signature
Sheizenhammer
Sheizenhammer
  • Member since: Dec. 31, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-04-02 17:17:11 Reply

Dear whoever hired the awful caterwauling cunt that sung the barmaid songs in Skyrim:

Next time you look for cheap / free singers, look a little harder. I suggest Newgrounds.

  • Sovngarde Chant (RMX)
    Sovngarde Chant (RMX) by Jessismith

    Just a short remix of the Sovngarde Chant from Skyrim

    Score
    4.49 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Classical
    Popularity
    8,518 Views

Klobb17
Klobb17
  • Member since: Jul. 9, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Gamer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-04-02 17:41:31 Reply

At 3/24/13 04:53 AM, Mismo wrote: Find a dead body and just use soul trap on it over and over. It is an easy and rather quick way to get up your conjuration level.

So far so good. It's been getting my Conjuration up pretty well, Thanks.

At 4/2/13 05:17 PM, Sheizenhammer wrote: Dear whoever hired the awful caterwauling cunt that sung the barmaid songs in Skyrim:

Next time you look for cheap / free singers, look a little harder. I suggest Newgrounds.
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/466464

Not bad. Ever heard Malukah as well?

Cooler1114
Cooler1114
  • Member since: Jul. 3, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Gamer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-08-19 13:45:09 Reply

Hello? Is this thread abandoned yet?


SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!!!!!!
PSN name: kulit_2

BBS Signature
Snuff
Snuff
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-08-19 18:12:19 Reply

At 8/19/13 01:45 PM, Cooler1114 wrote: Hello? Is this thread abandoned yet?

It would seem you just bumped it, so I guess not.

Cooler1114
Cooler1114
  • Member since: Jul. 3, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Gamer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-08-19 21:33:54 Reply

Alright, since i did that, I have a question: I own skyrim on PS3, so I was wondering: are the DLCs: Dragonborn, Hearthfire, and Dawnguard, worth downloading?


SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!!!!!!
PSN name: kulit_2

BBS Signature
Snuff
Snuff
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-08-20 08:38:29 Reply

At 8/19/13 09:33 PM, Cooler1114 wrote: Alright, since i did that, I have a question: I own skyrim on PS3, so I was wondering: are the DLCs: Dragonborn, Hearthfire, and Dawnguard, worth downloading?

Dragonborn is easily the best and most worthwhile DLC of them. Dawnguard was good but there was much less to it that Dragonborn. Hearthfire was okay if you just want to have a little more content or something to do, though you're not missing out on a lot by not downloading it.

darkjam
darkjam
  • Member since: Jul. 23, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Gamer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-08-20 12:47:43 Reply

So where can I get some Daedric arrows? I've been looking for this answer since the release of this game but I can't see any way to get them without hacking.


I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature
Mismo
Mismo
  • Member since: Aug. 10, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Musician
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-08-20 13:40:32 Reply

At 8/20/13 12:47 PM, darkjam wrote: So where can I get some Daedric arrows? I've been looking for this answer since the release of this game but I can't see any way to get them without hacking.

Well if you have all DLC's and the daedric smithing perk you could easily just make some yourself. Then you would be needing a ebony ingot, a daedric heart (those can be a bitch to find) and one firewood log.

Also if you know about the "atronach forge" but there might be a way to get daedric arrows that way. I don't know for sure since I have never really used it that much.

Otherwise they'll can show up as loot in chests or high level enemies.

But that aside I would recommend that if you have 100 in smithing with the dragon smithing perk that you just make dragon arrows instead since they only require dragon bones and firewood simply because they're better and because to be honest, you're more likely to come across a dragon than either an enemy that drops a daedric heart or someone that sells it.


I don't tip (because I'm Swedish and we don't really believe in it)

BBS Signature
Cooler1114
Cooler1114
  • Member since: Jul. 3, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Gamer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-08-20 14:14:22 Reply

At 8/20/13 08:38 AM, Snuff wrote: Dragonborn is easily the best and most worthwhile DLC of them.

I know Hearthfire adds adoption and house-building, and Dawnguard adds werewolf and vampire perks, but what does Dragonborn adds that makes it download-worthy?


SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!!!!!!
PSN name: kulit_2

BBS Signature
Cooler1114
Cooler1114
  • Member since: Jul. 3, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Gamer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-08-20 14:55:31 Reply

At 8/20/13 02:27 PM, IdiLogicSavant wrote: Lots of permanent active buff if you mange to get your hands on the black books. It also added a whole new area to explore. The only real downside is that the main quest is pretty short.

Ok, now that the DLCs are taken care of, let's talk about the main game. Do you guys know where to get the spells to conjure storm and ice atronachs? I have fire atronach but no one sells the other ones.


SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!!!!!!
PSN name: kulit_2

BBS Signature
iMini
iMini
  • Member since: Mar. 4, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-08-20 15:11:04 Reply

At 8/20/13 02:55 PM, Cooler1114 wrote:
At 8/20/13 02:27 PM, IdiLogicSavant wrote: Lots of permanent active buff if you mange to get your hands on the black books. It also added a whole new area to explore. The only real downside is that the main quest is pretty short.
Ok, now that the DLCs are taken care of, let's talk about the main game. Do you guys know where to get the spells to conjure storm and ice atronachs? I have fire atronach but no one sells the other ones.

Have you even used the internet before? Here's your answer.


illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature
Snuff
Snuff
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-08-20 15:14:09 Reply

At 8/20/13 02:55 PM, Cooler1114 wrote:
At 8/20/13 02:27 PM, IdiLogicSavant wrote: Lots of permanent active buff if you mange to get your hands on the black books. It also added a whole new area to explore. The only real downside is that the main quest is pretty short.
Ok, now that the DLCs are taken care of, let's talk about the main game. Do you guys know where to get the spells to conjure storm and ice atronachs? I have fire atronach but no one sells the other ones.

That's actually a good point I've never come across any other atronach spells other than the fire one. I had a couple mage characters I played for quite a long time without finding any other's. They'd be good though because Fire Atronachs kinda suck and the storm and frost variations are just generally a lot cooler (frost inparticular).

ha ha a joke has been made
Cooler1114
Cooler1114
  • Member since: Jul. 3, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Gamer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-08-20 15:40:57 Reply

At 8/20/13 03:11 PM, iMini wrote: Have you even used the internet before? Here's your answer.

I have checked where the spell tomes are but no one in my game seems to sell them,


SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!!!!!!
PSN name: kulit_2

BBS Signature
kisame
kisame
  • Member since: May. 6, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-08-20 15:52:17 Reply

What's your favorite book in the elder scrolls and why.


Science can't lie.

BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Member since: Feb. 23, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 60
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-08-20 17:33:08 Reply

At 8/19/13 09:33 PM, Cooler1114 wrote: Alright, since i did that, I have a question: I own skyrim on PS3, so I was wondering: are the DLCs: Dragonborn, Hearthfire, and Dawnguard, worth downloading?

Heartfire not so much perhaps, but Dawnguard and Dragonborn are pretty good expansions.

If you only have money for one, I would recommend Dragonborn but I do have to add that Dragonborn's main quest is a bit disappointing. Dawnguard has a much better main quest line, but less content altogether.

At 8/20/13 12:47 PM, darkjam wrote: So where can I get some Daedric arrows? I've been looking for this answer since the release of this game but I can't see any way to get them without hacking.

In my experience, the only sure shot for finding Daedric Arrows are the Dwarven Centurion enemies. However, they probably won't appear until you're at a high level (like level 40+ or so).

I believe Daedric equipment is generally very rare to come across in Skyrim. I've got a high level character and after 300 hours of playtime I still haven't found anything beside a few weapons and a single helmet.

At 8/20/13 03:40 PM, Cooler1114 wrote:
At 8/20/13 03:11 PM, iMini wrote: Have you even used the internet before? Here's your answer.
I have checked where the spell tomes are but no one in my game seems to sell them,

You need to have a Conjuration skill of about 50 until the guy at the College of Winterhold starts selling the Frost Atronach spell tome. Then you need 75 Conjuration skill for the Storm Atronach and the other Expert ones.

www.uesp.net has information on almost anything when it comes to the Elder Scrolls games by the way.


[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 8 February 2016)

BBS Signature
Cooler1114
Cooler1114
  • Member since: Jul. 3, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Gamer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-08-20 17:44:20 Reply

At 8/20/13 03:52 PM, kisame wrote: What's your favorite book in the elder scrolls and why.

Book? Do you mean spell tomes?


SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!!!!!!
PSN name: kulit_2

BBS Signature
iMini
iMini
  • Member since: Mar. 4, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-08-20 17:50:55 Reply

At 8/20/13 05:44 PM, Cooler1114 wrote:
At 8/20/13 03:52 PM, kisame wrote: What's your favorite book in the elder scrolls and why.
Book? Do you mean spell tomes?

No, he'll mean books, like "The Lusty Argonian Mage" volumes 1-4.


illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature
Raab
Raab
  • Member since: Jul. 23, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-08-20 21:00:53 Reply

At 8/20/13 05:50 PM, iMini wrote:
At 8/20/13 05:44 PM, Cooler1114 wrote:
At 8/20/13 03:52 PM, kisame wrote: What's your favorite book in the elder scrolls and why.
Book? Do you mean spell tomes?
No, he'll mean books, like "The Lusty Argonian Mage" volumes 1-4.

I believe you mean "The Lusty Argonian Maid" and there are only 2 volumes.


BBS Signature
Cooler1114
Cooler1114
  • Member since: Jul. 3, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Gamer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-08-20 21:46:12 Reply

At 8/20/13 03:52 PM, kisame wrote: What's your favorite book in the elder scrolls and why.

I guess the "Oghma Infinium"(If you can call it a book). Why? It gives you a choice to level up 5 class-related skills 5 times. Like warrior would get, for example, one handed, mage would get destruction, and thief would get sneak. Also, it is a daedric artifact, but its one-use.


SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!!!!!!
PSN name: kulit_2

BBS Signature
Mismo
Mismo
  • Member since: Aug. 10, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Musician
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-08-21 03:31:40 Reply

At 8/20/13 03:52 PM, kisame wrote: What's your favorite book in the elder scrolls and why.

"The Real Barenziah" book series was very intriguing and funny at certain points.


I don't tip (because I'm Swedish and we don't really believe in it)

BBS Signature
Snuff
Snuff
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-08-21 05:31:03 Reply

At 8/20/13 09:46 PM, Cooler1114 wrote:
At 8/20/13 03:52 PM, kisame wrote: What's your favorite book in the elder scrolls and why.
I guess the "Oghma Infinium"(If you can call it a book). Why? It gives you a choice to level up 5 class-related skills 5 times. Like warrior would get, for example, one handed, mage would get destruction, and thief would get sneak. Also, it is a daedric artifact, but its one-use.

But you can't exactly read it, though I will agree it was a pretty cool artifact.

I know there was a time where I started reading all the books I found but I can't say as I remember the names of any that I particularly enjoyed, though I know there were some.

I'm currently playing Oblivion for PC with an overhaul mod and it's like a whole new game.

Whoshotdabear
Whoshotdabear
  • Member since: Feb. 1, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-08-21 13:22:19 Reply

Who do you think would win in a battle between Alduin and Ridley?

Ak47sx
Ak47sx
  • Member since: Aug. 17, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-08-21 14:35:16 Reply

At 8/21/13 01:22 PM, Whoshotdabear wrote: Who do you think would win in a battle between Alduin and Ridley?

Ridley, Alduin was too easy to kill in my opinion.

Snuff
Snuff
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-08-21 18:24:31 Reply

At 8/21/13 04:38 PM, IdiLogicSavant wrote:
You can still still do the Oghma glitch if you delete your updates and play offline.

I did it on one of my other characters, it's a lot of fun being such a badass.