New Topic Respond to this Topic
TheSporkLord
TheSporkLord
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-02-13 16:45:00 Reply

At 2/13/13 04:14 PM, TheSporkLord wrote: So they're going to release the 3 DLC's over the next 3 weeks. Dragonborn is out already and I have to say I'm surprised I wasn't contatnly laggin across the screen thw whole time. Impressed so far, can't wait for the rest

Holy shit, bad spelling ahoy

" Let the metal flow " - Chuck Schuldiner
GUITARISTS Awesome sig by Tateos.

BBS Signature
Shade
Shade
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Voice Actor
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-02-15 00:27:14 Reply

Do we have a release date on Redguard?

ToddM
ToddM
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-03-06 23:50:20 Reply

New patch is out on PC it removes the level cap and a new difficulty. From what I heard Legendary difficulty is really hard.

The patch will come out later for consoles.

Well we were dumb enough to think it was gonna happen.

BBS Signature
xXmcrloverXx
xXmcrloverXx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-03-07 00:11:56 Reply

I'm playing it right now. :D

Live the life you have dreamed

xXmcrloverXx
xXmcrloverXx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-03-07 00:13:00 Reply

At 2/13/13 04:18 PM, Darthdenim wrote: I played Skyrim for a bit, and it just bored me to tears.

Not my thing.

Blasphemy! lol I'm just kidding. :p

Live the life you have dreamed

Mismo
Mismo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-03-07 11:07:44 Reply

Funny glitch/bug/thing happened today. I was in Riverwood and got a compulsion to stealth kill the cow there, which seemed first work out just fine, but then Alvor the Blacksmith and his wife starts attacking me. Since I didn't want to kill them I ran for the nearest guard and tried make put a bounty on me, which didn't work out at all because the guard started to attack Alvor and his wife, and when they were dead he proceeded to attack the children in the village.

I could not contain my laughter.

#AMAFORSEXSLAVE2014

BBS Signature
queensberryrules
queensberryrules
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-03-07 20:05:36 Reply

Is the new DLC on PS3 worth it? I gave up playing because all the dungeons just got so repetitive. Will it just be more of that?

KatMaestro
KatMaestro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-03-07 21:56:53 Reply

I just got my hands on Skyrim yesterday (super late to the party), it's probably on my top 5 favorite open world games ever.

IGreenI
IGreenI
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-03-08 08:10:43 Reply

Morrwind was my first experience with the Elder Scrolls, and I've pretty much been a fan of Bethesda ever since. Really good games, but it would be kinda rad to have an HD port over to xbox for some achievements in Morrowind.

I tried, later then.

Mismo
Mismo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-03-15 13:06:23 Reply

A great tip for all you thieves.

Here's a good way to level up your pickpocketing skills.

Get yourself arrested in Riften and break out of your cell, if your not a good lockpicker then it would a good idea to have the skeleton key. There will probably not be any guards on the floor your on, but if needed kill them if they spot, what are they going to do, arrest you?

Any way go over to the cell where Sibbi Black-Briar is being held and start to pickpocket him through the bars. Don't worry he won't be alerted if he catches you pickpocketing him neither will he be unable to pickpocket if he does, so just go ahead and take his stuff, and then give them back again, and take them again and etc etc. Then when you reached level 100 just go to our prison bed, take a nap and wake up a free man.

Congrats, you've found a game breaker.

#AMAFORSEXSLAVE2014

BBS Signature
Mumbo
Mumbo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-03-15 19:53:36 Reply

Recently powerleveled to get to killing legendary dragons. I used Miraak's sword because it's statistically the best. Got it up to 303 damage, then I killed the dragon in like, seconds.

Same thing for the Ebony warrior. Just snuck attacked him.

http://mumbo.newgrounds.com/
I'm a bisexual fgt. send me dick pics pls.

BBS Signature
TheSporkLord
TheSporkLord
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-03-16 02:17:54 Reply

At 3/15/13 07:53 PM, Mumbo wrote: Recently powerleveled to get to killing legendary dragons. I used Miraak's sword because it's statistically the best. Got it up to 303 damage, then I killed the dragon in like, seconds.

303? My daedric war axw does around 450 or something I forgot exactly how much. Do you use the whole smithing/ alchemy/ enchanting buffs?

" Let the metal flow " - Chuck Schuldiner
GUITARISTS Awesome sig by Tateos.

BBS Signature
kisame
kisame
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-03-16 03:16:02 Reply

At 3/15/13 07:53 PM, Mumbo wrote: Recently powerleveled to get to killing legendary dragons. I used Miraak's sword because it's statistically the best. Got it up to 303 damage, then I killed the dragon in like, seconds.

Fucking sneakfag casual.

Science can't lie.

BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!

BBS Signature
Mismo
Mismo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-03-16 10:19:03 Reply

At 3/16/13 03:16 AM, kisame wrote:

Fucking sneakfag casual.

Taking a stealthy approach is hardly playing casually. There is a lot work put into a good stealth based character.

#AMAFORSEXSLAVE2014

BBS Signature
Mumbo
Mumbo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-03-16 12:51:14 Reply

At 3/16/13 02:17 AM, TheSporkLord wrote:

303? My daedric war axw does around 450 or something I forgot exactly how much. Do you use the whole smithing/ alchemy/ enchanting buffs?

I didn't put a lot of time into it. I just made a smithing potion and enchanted some smithing gear then made it. I don't want to really do that circular stuff where you make enchanting potions to make alchemy gear to make enchanting potions and so on.

Also, for Kisame, I was just doing it to see how much health he had. It's about 1400.

BBS Signature
kisame
kisame
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-03-16 13:13:43 Reply

At 3/16/13 10:19 AM, Mismo wrote:
Fucking sneakfag casual.
Taking a stealthy approach is hardly playing casually. There is a lot work put into a good stealth based character.

Yes, because maxing out the most OP skill tree is clearly a Herculean effort.

Science can't lie.

BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!

BBS Signature
Mumbo
Mumbo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-03-16 13:20:57 Reply

At 3/16/13 01:13 PM, kisame wrote:
Fucking sneakfag casual.

In order to fight the ebony warrior you HAVE to max everything out. Also, I was playing a warrior character. I sneaked him then fought normally. and he only lost a quarter or so of health.

BBS Signature
Valor56
Valor56
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-03-16 14:04:52 Reply

Just asking here. But any good tips for a PS3 skyrim player? I am a mage.

Follow me here: http://valor56.newgrounds.com/follo w You teach me and I'll teach you
Pokémon

BBS Signature
kisame
kisame
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-03-16 16:14:45 Reply

At 3/16/13 01:20 PM, Mumbo wrote:
At 3/16/13 01:13 PM, kisame wrote:
Fucking sneakfag casual.
In order to fight the ebony warrior you HAVE to max everything out.

The only requirement to fight the Ebony Warrior is hit the level cap of 81

Also, I was playing a warrior character. I sneaked him then fought normally. and he only lost a quarter or so of health.

Oh ok. I thought that you were just sitting in a corner shooting him with poisoned arrows until he fell over.

Science can't lie.

BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!

BBS Signature
mrpwnzer
mrpwnzer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-03-16 17:12:42 Reply

At 3/16/13 02:04 PM, Valor56 wrote: Just asking here. But any good tips for a PS3 skyrim player? I am a mage.

Pure mage or battlemage? I did pure mage, and at first it sucks.

Alteration is a must because you can't use armor (ok, I didn't use armor for MY mage build, but it's up to you).
Impact in the destruction tree is also a must.
Increase your illusion and make your frenzy spells powerful.
Twin Souls in the conjuration tree is amazing because you have double the distraction. To level up conjuration fast, just find a dead body and repeatedly cast soul trap on it.

Xbox live: C0n Queso
PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten
Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 57
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-03-16 22:31:48 Reply

At 3/16/13 05:12 PM, mrpwnzer wrote: Impact in the destruction tree is also a must.

^This definitely^

I'm (mostly) playing as a mage as well and I've found that the most dangerous enemies for a mage are those berserker style melee fighters who charge at you with heavy weapons. You probably won't be able to take more than three hits from these guys, even if you're buffed up or are wearing some strong (light) armour. Therefore, you'll want to have the impact perk so you can stop them in their tracks and even stun-lock them to keep them at a distance. It makes staying alive so0 much easier.

For the rest, I would say don't rely on magic only. Especially in the beginning your spells will drain your magic bar quickly and it might be handy to have a little proficiency in one-handed combat just so you'll never be completely helpless.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 16 November 2014)

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 57
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-03-20 14:42:56 Reply

At 3/6/13 11:50 PM, ToddM wrote: New patch is out on PC it removes the level cap and a new difficulty. From what I heard Legendary difficulty is really hard.

The patch will come out later for consoles.

I only noticed this just now. So apparently this makes it possible to get loads of magicka/health/stamina and get all the perks in the game if you're willing to invest that much time.

I guess it's pretty nice for all those players who've reached the level cap long ago and have nothing challenging left to do.

On the other hand, it does take away a bit from the challenge of selecting your perks carefully, but I'm guessing obtaining lots of perk points after level 81 will not be easy. So all in all, it sounds like a nice patch.

BBS Signature
Shade
Shade
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Voice Actor
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-03-20 16:51:19 Reply

We aren't getting any more DLC, are we?

Valor56
Valor56
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-03-22 18:02:33 Reply

Also just recently when I got onto Skyrim it had Downloadable content at the bottom. Maybe I can has DLC? Also I am going Pure mage.

Follow me here: http://valor56.newgrounds.com/follo w You teach me and I'll teach you
Pokémon

BBS Signature
Trapex
Trapex
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Writer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-03-22 21:26:17 Reply

So I've already gotten Skyrim for my PS3 and I've enjoyed it for the most part, but I'm considering about getting rid of it (taking it to Gamestop or something along those lines) and getting the PC version of it. Am I really missing much right now by only having the PS3 version (other than the whole DLC fiasco; I have no interest in that)?

Also, my only computer as of now is a laptop. Do you guys think it'll be able to run on it? I don't remember the specs about it; I've had for about and year and a half.

Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-03-22 22:12:39 Reply

At 3/22/13 09:26 PM, Trapex wrote:
Also, my only computer as of now is a laptop. Do you guys think it'll be able to run on it? I don't remember the specs about it; I've had for about and year and a half.

I'd stick with the PS3, my friend.

Trapex
Trapex
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Writer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-03-22 22:55:52 Reply

At 3/22/13 10:12 PM, Snuff wrote:
At 3/22/13 09:26 PM, Trapex wrote:
I'd stick with the PS3, my friend.

Alright. Thanks for telling me before I made a decision.

Auz
Auz
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 57
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-03-23 18:39:41 Reply

At 3/22/13 09:26 PM, Trapex wrote: So I've already gotten Skyrim for my PS3 and I've enjoyed it for the most part, but I'm considering about getting rid of it (taking it to Gamestop or something along those lines) and getting the PC version of it. Am I really missing much right now by only having the PS3 version (other than the whole DLC fiasco; I have no interest in that)?

I'd just stick with the PS3 version if I were you and save yourself the money.

I'm pretty sure your laptop can run the game (heck, even my 3.5 year old laptop can), but unless it's a "gaming laptop" it may have trouble running the game on high settings so you might not be gaining much in terms of graphics. As for the DLC, I thought it was all released for the PS3 as well by now but I could be wrong.

If you're interested in applying all kinds of fancy mods to your game then I suppose you'd have to get the PC version, but if not then I can't think of anything you're missing out on.

BBS Signature
Klobb17
Klobb17
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-03-24 04:26:48 Reply

Anyone know a good way to get Conjuration up? I decided to recreate a character of mine and roleplay as him, and to properly do so I need to give him the ability to summon a familiar to aid him. He's not a spellcaster by any means, instead relying on two-handed, heavy armor, and speech to get the job done, all three of which I have no problem leveling up. So far, I'm just casting Raise Zombie on every bandit I kill to get the skill up (along with two-handed should I decide to off them for the hell of it), but I'm sure there's a better way I don't know of. The character's familiar in question is a demonic hunk of armor with a skull for a head that wields an over-sized battleaxe, but I'm fairly sure they don't have that in the Xbox 360 version of Skyrim, so suggestions for a potential alternative are welcome. I'm guessing a dremora or atronach summon will do.

Mismo
Mismo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-03-24 04:53:55 Reply

At 3/24/13 04:26 AM, Klobb17 wrote: Anyone know a good way to get Conjuration up?

Find a dead body and just use soul trap on it over and over. It is an easy and rather quick way to get up your conjuration level.

#AMAFORSEXSLAVE2014

BBS Signature