Be a Supporter!

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

  • 199,176 Views
  • 4,636 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
sweet21
sweet21
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Artist
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 9th, 2012 @ 06:59 PM Reply

im liking the new environments im seeing. I would love to play this. Unfortunately Bethesda hates playstation for whatever reason and probably wont release it.

"Bethesda, we dont want your fucking money"

mrpwnzer
mrpwnzer
  • Member since: Apr. 2, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 9th, 2012 @ 08:45 PM Reply

At 11/9/12 06:59 PM, sweet21 wrote: Unfortunately Bethesda hates playstation for whatever reason and probably wont release it.

Bethesda just recently sent a tweet saying "DLC for the Playstation 3 and PC will be available shortly."

you can go to twitter or google if you want.


Xbox live: C0n Queso
PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten
Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Member since: May. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 9th, 2012 @ 10:15 PM Reply

At 11/7/12 08:54 PM, mrpwnzer wrote: From the looks of things, there will be rieklings (sp?), boars, netches, 6th House priests maybe, corpus carriers, and several other designs. We might go to a little bit of the upper are of vvardenfell, but I doubt it.

really? How did you come to guess that? I hope you're right.


one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell
sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
momijirabbit
momijirabbit
  • Member since: Apr. 18, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 9th, 2012 @ 10:28 PM Reply

Morrowind in Skyrim, that's fucking awesome!

* Looks at copy of PS3 Skyrim*

Sonofabitch


I AM A ROBOT.
BEEP BOP
MAGGOTS.

BBS Signature
mrpwnzer
mrpwnzer
  • Member since: Apr. 2, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 10th, 2012 @ 01:53 AM Reply

At 11/9/12 10:15 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
At 11/7/12 08:54 PM, mrpwnzer wrote: From the looks of things, there will be rieklings (sp?), boars, netches, 6th House priests maybe, corpus carriers, and several other designs. We might go to a little bit of the upper are of vvardenfell, but I doubt it.
really? How did you come to guess that? I hope you're right.

Netch at 26 seconds
Maybe a 6th house priest (ascended sleeper) at 1:01
Corpus carriers at 1:04
Stalhrim (sp) armor 1:05
Rieklings (or goblins), goblin riding a boar, and goblins holding spears at 1:06

It will also make sense to see an abundance of dark elves because the argonians threw them out of Morrowind. The oblivion realm of Hermaeous Mora looks interesting.


Xbox live: C0n Queso
PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten
Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature
fawnret
fawnret
  • Member since: May. 31, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Artist
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 11th, 2012 @ 03:01 PM Reply

The new dlc looks pretty awesome. It makes me wish I could have defeated all the dragon priests and stuff on my main profile first, but my first file has a glitch where one of the dragon priests refuses to come out of his coffin and I can't get the dragon shout behind him either. Times like this make me wish I had it for pc so I could just fix it with the console commands


Gamertag: Catspirit123
home forum

BBS Signature
TheSporkLord
TheSporkLord
  • Member since: Apr. 19, 2009
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Musician
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 11th, 2012 @ 03:06 PM Reply

At 11/9/12 08:45 PM, mrpwnzer wrote:
At 11/9/12 06:59 PM, sweet21 wrote: Unfortunately Bethesda hates playstation for whatever reason and probably wont release it.
Bethesda just recently sent a tweet saying "DLC for the Playstation 3 and PC will be available shortly."

you can go to twitter or google if you want.

Oh its about god damn time. I was considering selling my copy.


" Let the metal flow " - Chuck Schuldiner
GUITARISTS Awesome sig by Tateos.

BBS Signature
Shade
Shade
  • Member since: Mar. 26, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Voice Actor
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 17th, 2012 @ 12:54 AM Reply

Price estimate on Dragonborn?


"Where I fall ten more shall take my place! And one-hundred each of them! So strike me down! I am the harbinger!"-Ollanius Pius

Buy me things.

BBS Signature
Klobb17
Klobb17
  • Member since: Jul. 9, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Gamer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 17th, 2012 @ 02:00 AM Reply

At 11/17/12 12:54 AM, Shade wrote: Price estimate on Dragonborn?

I'm betting $20, or 1600 MSP for us Xbox folks. If it's supposed to be like Dawnguard as far as DLC goes (giving us a new region, new quests, new everything basically), I don't see why not.

Snuff
Snuff
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2008
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 17th, 2012 @ 07:11 AM Reply

At 11/17/12 02:00 AM, Klobb17 wrote:
At 11/17/12 12:54 AM, Shade wrote: Price estimate on Dragonborn?
I'm betting $20, or 1600 MSP for us Xbox folks. If it's supposed to be like Dawnguard as far as DLC goes (giving us a new region, new quests, new everything basically), I don't see why not.

The trailer on YouTube said 1600MSP in the description. iirc Dawnguard was cheaper than that, so I'm guessing this DLC will be quite a lot bigger. It sure seems that way from the trailer.

mrpwnzer
mrpwnzer
  • Member since: Apr. 2, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 17th, 2012 @ 07:27 AM Reply

At 11/17/12 07:11 AM, Snuff wrote:

The trailer on YouTube said 1600MSP in the description. iirc Dawnguard was cheaper than that, so I'm guessing this DLC will be quite a lot bigger. It sure seems that way from the trailer.

Dawnguard was the same price when it came out and it was somewhat bullshit to make that dlc $20. I say somewhat because compared to most dlc that's been coming out (Harley Quinn's Revenge, Deus Ex: Missing Link, etc), Dawnguard offers a hell of a lot more content. I was disappointed because Todd Howard said so himself "Future DLC will be the size of the Shivering Isles or even bigger." This one felt like Knights of the Nine, along with a couple of new areas that felt a bit repetitive.

It took me about 15 hours to complete the majority of the content and I had fun for the most part. I never encountered the glitches reviewers kept spewing out and I was playing vanilla Skyrim back then.


Xbox live: C0n Queso
PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten
Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature
MiroDK
MiroDK
  • Member since: Apr. 29, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 17th, 2012 @ 09:56 PM Reply

Am I the only one who constantly hears Lord Saddler's voice from RE 4 in this game? I tried looking it up to see if the voice actors were the same or something, but I didn't find anything, maybe I'm just being a little crazy about it.


shit's amazing

BBS Signature
Emlfuryoflion
Emlfuryoflion
  • Member since: Mar. 14, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 37
Gamer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 17th, 2012 @ 10:06 PM Reply

I wonder when the heck they are going to have a price drop on this game. I want to get this game for the PC but the price is still the same as it was when it came out a year ago.

mrpwnzer
mrpwnzer
  • Member since: Apr. 2, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 17th, 2012 @ 10:14 PM Reply

At 11/17/12 10:06 PM, Emlfuryoflion wrote: I wonder when the heck they are going to have a price drop on this game. I want to get this game for the PC but the price is still the same as it was when it came out a year ago.

There's always Black Friday.


Xbox live: C0n Queso
PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten
Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature
Shade
Shade
  • Member since: Mar. 26, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Voice Actor
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 18th, 2012 @ 10:31 PM Reply

So, what's new with Dragonborn aside from Morrowind?

New weapons? New skill trees?


"Where I fall ten more shall take my place! And one-hundred each of them! So strike me down! I am the harbinger!"-Ollanius Pius

Buy me things.

BBS Signature
mrpwnzer
mrpwnzer
  • Member since: Apr. 2, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 18th, 2012 @ 10:38 PM Reply

At 11/18/12 10:31 PM, Shade wrote: So, what's new with Dragonborn aside from Morrowind?

New weapons? New skill trees?

New weapons (most importantly spears)
Couple of new areas to explore (Solstheim and Hermaeous Mora's Oblivion realm)
New armor
New enemies
More quests
Dragon mounts
More shouts
and of course draugr


Xbox live: C0n Queso
PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten
Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Member since: May. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 19th, 2012 @ 07:23 PM Reply

At 11/10/12 01:53 AM, mrpwnzer wrote: Netch at 26 seconds
Maybe a 6th house priest (ascended sleeper) at 1:01
Corpus carriers at 1:04
Stalhrim (sp) armor 1:05
Rieklings (or goblins), goblin riding a boar, and goblins holding spears at 1:06

huh. I'll have to watch that trailer again.

I just wish you could go to Vivec or Sadrith Mora or Death Mountain and the Ashlands.


one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell
sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
Emlfuryoflion
Emlfuryoflion
  • Member since: Mar. 14, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 37
Gamer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 28th, 2012 @ 01:03 AM Reply

Game finally had a nice price drop on monday on newegg likely for their cyber monday deals. Bought a copy of the PC version for 29.99. Today it is lower than it was originally but still up there at 53.40 for the PC version now.

Cootie
Cootie
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 28th, 2012 @ 09:48 AM Reply

Very excited for this to come, but I haven't even gotten Dawnguard yet which is a shame. I just got Skyrim for the Xbox 360 after my PS3 broke. It pissed me off that I lost all of my saves. Hopefully the boss fight with the first Dragonbord will be hard as fuck.


For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
Mismo
Mismo
  • Member since: Aug. 10, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Musician
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 29th, 2012 @ 02:01 PM Reply

At 11/28/12 09:48 AM, Cootie wrote: Very excited for this to come, but I haven't even gotten Dawnguard yet which is a shame. I just got Skyrim for the Xbox 360 after my PS3 broke. It pissed me off that I lost all of my saves. Hopefully the boss fight with the first Dragonbord will be hard as fuck.

You'll most likely be disappointed. Given the history of Bethesda boss battles. But you got give them credit, the sure do know how to over-hype a villain. Portraying them as the ultimate bad ass of bad asses.


Heads or tails?

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 29th, 2012 @ 03:49 PM Reply

At 11/29/12 02:01 PM, Mismo wrote: Portraying them as the ultimate bad ass of bad asses.

I know. Augustus Autumn was so easy to kill it almost made me fucking sick, and why the hell is the Frost Troll at the start of Skyrim many times more difficult that Alduin?


For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
animehater
animehater
  • Member since: Feb. 28, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 29th, 2012 @ 04:23 PM Reply

At 11/17/12 07:27 AM, mrpwnzer wrote: Dawnguard was the same price when it came out and it was somewhat bullshit to make that dlc $20."...... This one felt like Knights of the Nine, along with a couple of new areas that felt a bit repetitive.

Thank you! I hated how getting some unique items were in the form of fetch quests, Soul Cairn and the forgotten vale were pretty boring locations, and the entire vampire perspective felt like it was an afterthought compared to the Dawnguard questline. Really the only things that made it worth playing were the dragon bone weapons and the fact that it no longer made being a vampire an annoying death wish.

THIS is why I won't have my hopes too high for dragonborn, despite everything I'm hearing sounding pretty awesome.


"Communism is the very definition of failure." - Liberty Prime.

BBS Signature
Shade
Shade
  • Member since: Mar. 26, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Voice Actor
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 30th, 2012 @ 09:53 PM Reply

At 11/29/12 02:01 PM, Mismo wrote:
At 11/28/12 09:48 AM, Cootie wrote: Very excited for this to come, but I haven't even gotten Dawnguard yet which is a shame. I just got Skyrim for the Xbox 360 after my PS3 broke. It pissed me off that I lost all of my saves. Hopefully the boss fight with the first Dragonbord will be hard as fuck.
You'll most likely be disappointed. Given the history of Bethesda boss battles. But you got give them credit, the sure do know how to over-hype a villain. Portraying them as the ultimate bad ass of bad asses.

I remember fighting Lord Harkon in Dawnguard, everything leading up to that moment was intense. Fighting the the twin dragons in the forgotten vale and then storming the gates of Castle Volhikar. Harkon even gave a long winded Castlevania style speech. I went werewolf the instant he was vulnerable.

Six hits. I killed him in six fucking hit

Talk about overhyped.


"Where I fall ten more shall take my place! And one-hundred each of them! So strike me down! I am the harbinger!"-Ollanius Pius

Buy me things.

BBS Signature
Dev
Dev
  • Member since: Nov. 18, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 38
Reader
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Nov. 30th, 2012 @ 10:04 PM Reply

At 11/30/12 09:53 PM, Shade wrote:
Fighting the the twin dragons in the forgotten vale

Holy shit, the way they burst out from beneath the ice was so fucking epic and unexpected. Those things kicked my mother-loving ass! XD

or would have, if not for multitudes of healing potions. lol

This sig is my identity -what was I thinking getting rid of it??
Holder of the Top 300 BP list.
Top 90 BP'er; EGSC #153

BBS Signature
Shade
Shade
  • Member since: Mar. 26, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Voice Actor
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dec. 1st, 2012 @ 03:25 AM Reply

Interesting glitch happened to me today.

From time to time I like to wolf out in the middle of crowded cities and proceed to tear the ever loving shit out of the place which allows me to get some feedings in to boost my werewolf skill progress. My choice of target this time was post Imperial victory Windhelm. I went were wolf and proceeded to kill various citizens and guards of the city. Here's where things get weird.

The Imperial guards not only didn't attack me, they actually helped me rack up a higher kill cound by shooting anyone who registered as hostile, even the children.

Much fun to be had with all that.


"Where I fall ten more shall take my place! And one-hundred each of them! So strike me down! I am the harbinger!"-Ollanius Pius

Buy me things.

BBS Signature
Mismo
Mismo
  • Member since: Aug. 10, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Musician
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dec. 1st, 2012 @ 04:20 AM Reply

At 12/1/12 03:25 AM, Shade wrote: Interesting glitch happened to me today.

From time to time I like to wolf out in the middle of crowded cities and proceed to tear the ever loving shit out of the place which allows me to get some feedings in to boost my werewolf skill progress. My choice of target this time was post Imperial victory Windhelm. I went were wolf and proceeded to kill various citizens and guards of the city. Here's where things get weird.

The Imperial guards not only didn't attack me, they actually helped me rack up a higher kill cound by shooting anyone who registered as hostile, even the children.

Much fun to be had with all that.

Die hard loyalty is what I call. Never disobeying the legates orders.

Speaking of glitches and bugs, I don't know if it one but it happened to me recently. I was trying to level up my block skill and a easy way to do that is to get a bounty on you and let the guards have at you will you just stand there blocking and occasionally bashing them with the shield. Then suddenly Varkas comes running down and a conversation opens and he says "Don't go setting the place on fire" and then my bounty was gone. I tried it again and same thing happened. It always to happen if you are in close to the companions HQ, and probably only when you completed their quest line.

So don't know if that is bug or something, just never happened to me before. Try yourself if it works.


Heads or tails?

BBS Signature
mrpwnzer
mrpwnzer
  • Member since: Apr. 2, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dec. 1st, 2012 @ 08:40 AM Reply

So I've heard that you can't use the spears the rieklings as, well, a spear, but as an arrow. I really do hope that's only in the beta.

Oh and the possibility of becoming a werebear...WAIT WHAT?!


Xbox live: C0n Queso
PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten
Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature
Pixar9000
Pixar9000
  • Member since: Oct. 30, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Gamer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dec. 1st, 2012 @ 09:28 AM Reply

I've Never Played It But I Found A Very Funny Parody From Machinama:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPllpzxmM5k

Pixar9000
Pixar9000
  • Member since: Oct. 30, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Gamer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dec. 1st, 2012 @ 09:31 AM Reply

I Also Have Kinect So Can You Do This?:
(*Shouts Into Kinect*) FUS RO DAH!!!!!!!!!!!

Mismo
Mismo
  • Member since: Aug. 10, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Musician
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dec. 1st, 2012 @ 03:14 PM Reply

At 12/1/12 09:28 AM, Pixar9000 wrote: I've Never Played It But I Found A Very Funny Parody From Machinama:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPllpzxmM5k

I love Gamer Poop.

We'll bang okay?


Heads or tails?

BBS Signature