Be a Supporter!

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

  • 220,536 Views
  • 4,636 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
POTaTOS
POTaTOS
  • Member since: Jan. 7, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Musician
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-01 21:31:52 Reply

At 1/1/12 09:18 PM, DickBuns wrote:
At 1/1/12 09:06 PM, POTaTOS wrote:
How old are you, exactly? I spend most of my money on bills and groceries. I can only assume you have yet to move out of your parents house, so you have plenty of money to spend. I'm not a peasant, I'm just an adult.
See: Profile. I've been living on my own since I was 18. I'm an adult. I just don't happen to be working at walmart and/or mcdonald's, and actually have a salary which leaves me with fuck tons of cash at the end of the bills. And that's saying something. Since I have a fuck ton of medical bills compared to the rest of the people my age. :) Working for the banks has it's perks.

See: Profile. I'm an architect. I make money too. But I have two children and an injured father to take care of. I don't have time for games, believe it or not.


[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature
Richard
Richard
  • Member since: Jan. 9, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Animator
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-01 21:45:09 Reply

At 1/1/12 09:33 PM, ScaryPicnic wrote: Irrelevant shit.

Yup. Pretty much what I'm reading here.

You can criticize a game all you want. Doesn't mean that we should listen to you though. Especially when you are vague and don't give suggestions on how to improve it really.

Really, it just boils down to: You're a spoiled brat. You don't know what shitty gaming is. Sorry to put it that way, but there's really no other way of putting it.

Ever play skifree? Using your shitty logic, that game is fundamentally flawed. Which is not. Ever play any sort of snake game? Using your shitty logic, that game is funamentally flawed. Ever play battle ship? Using your shitty logic, that game is flawed. Why? Because it's the same content, over and over again. Sounds like you just get bored easily and have the attention span of a goldfish. Which would be your own problem, and not the game's.

Let's take a look here.

http://www.reddit.com/r/skyrim/

There are >83,000 people subscribed to this forum, and even more posts. Why is that? Because the game is incredibly entertaining. Their and my opinion clashes with yours, majority rules.

Let's take a look here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Elder_S crolls_V:_Skyrim

Look at all those consistently high ratings and comments when you read the various links. More high opinons of this game than you can shake a stick at.

Sorry bud. You and the rest of the millenial generation are just SOL I guess. Learn to have a bigger attention span that doesn't get bored easily. The world doesn't revolve around you, and unless you pay for the specific tailoring, won't tailor shit to your wants either.

Richard
Richard
  • Member since: Jan. 9, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Animator
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-01 21:54:29 Reply

In the end: Skyrim is what you make of it.

If you want to be a drone who can't do anything other than smashing through everything with a single power attack, then well, that's your own damn problem. Isn't my fault that you won't do anything else within the game to entertain yourself. Kids these days. Want immediate gratification and they want it their way.

I'll keep on varying everything I do. Whether it be by spell, sword, dagger or bow. :)

But please, keep spewing your butt hurt over the game rather than doing anything about it. Because we all know that posting on newgrounds will get that shit fixed.

mrpwnzer
mrpwnzer
  • Member since: Apr. 2, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-01 21:58:16 Reply

At 1/1/12 08:06 PM, Playfordeath001 wrote: Didn't get Skyrim, got BF3 instead of this. Is this game worth it you think guys? I got some left over money from Christmas, and I know NOTHING of the Elder Scroll series including Oblivion, etc. Is it worth it to get Skyrim?

It depends. Do you like rpgs? Like open world games where you can do, well, whatever the heck you want?

If you want, you can find Oblivion for a very low price. Hell, you can even try Morowind (although it's a bit harder to get into due to the gameplay). However, if your PC is powerful enough, you can play Morrowind with Oblivion's engine.


Xbox live: C0n Queso
PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten
Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature
Richard
Richard
  • Member since: Jan. 9, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Animator
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-01 22:31:25 Reply

At 1/1/12 10:15 PM, ScaryPicnic wrote:
Again, my attention span is quite large. It is laughable that you think Skyrim is some intensely deep RPG that requires eons of patience.

And then you played on master level, where motherfuckers one shot you with bows and you can't use the same old tired tactics as if you are Iraq gearing up for war with the US, but using Iran-Iraq trench style warfare.

Richard
Richard
  • Member since: Jan. 9, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Animator
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-01 22:42:43 Reply

At 1/1/12 10:41 PM, ScaryPicnic wrote:
Gosh i just wish games had more creative enemies...I love facing some unique and powerful monster, with its very own method of attack. In Skyrim, bears and sabre-tooths are just wolves with beefier health bars. Shadow of the Colossus has always remained the gold standard for me in enemy design. I'd love to see an open world game with that sort of design.

You're right. They should just break their fiction and include tigers that shoot lazer beams from their dicks.

Richard
Richard
  • Member since: Jan. 9, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Animator
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-01 23:05:49 Reply

At 1/1/12 10:50 PM, ScaryPicnic wrote:
At 1/1/12 10:42 PM, DickBuns wrote:
At 1/1/12 10:41 PM, ScaryPicnic wrote:
Gosh i just wish games had more creative enemies...I love facing some unique and powerful monster, with its very own method of attack. In Skyrim, bears and sabre-tooths are just wolves with beefier health bars. Shadow of the Colossus has always remained the gold standard for me in enemy design. I'd love to see an open world game with that sort of design.
You're right. They should just break their fiction and include tigers that shoot lazer beams from their dicks.
Why are you trying to make my suggestions sound absurd by taking an extreme and ludicrous take on them? Why are you not addressing the flaws in the game, but assuming I'm the one who is flawed? You've have still - and I don't understand this - not addressed the flaws I've raised in the game! You just say 'well they're retarded and shouldn't be argued' or 'you're retarded and can't understand the game and you must have a short attention span and other such generalizations'.
Why can't you..I don't understand..why can you not actually present good counter-arguments against what I am saying about the game? You just skip past the bits I've written about my legitimate complains and improvements and look at your argument now. Actually read that fucking sentence. What are you doing.

No, I don't mean fucking tigers with laser beams, although that would be fun in some other game. I mean more creative enemy designs that fit with the style of the game, like I've been saying for ages before.

Because they aren't flaws you dick. They are part of the fiction. You seem to forget that they are running a series of fiction which has all been laid out ahead of time. You still haven't supported how they are actually "flaws". The fact is, is that you are spouting opinions. And not facts.

You seem to me like the sort that had no problem watching the lord of the rings films, but could not actually read the books. It is a personal problem of yours. Not something wrong with the game. Like I said, not a flaw. Just your own issue. Get over yourself kiddo.

majormario
majormario
  • Member since: Mar. 9, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-01 23:09:26 Reply

At 1/1/12 10:50 PM, ScaryPicnic wrote:
Text

Look guy, I can see your cause is just and you don't like Dickbuns, but he's been doing this for such a long time that it's rather pointless and boring. He's not worth it.

Now, I've been playing on the Xbox 360 and I feel it must have been my best purchase yet. I've created many saves to rectify glitches and I've gotten my mind set on characters to create if I ever got bored of my current setup. Nord warrior, Breton mage, Kajhiit thief, Redguard dual-sword, etc...

Richard
Richard
  • Member since: Jan. 9, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Animator
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-01 23:45:34 Reply

At 1/1/12 11:19 PM, ScaryPicnic wrote:
At 1/1/12 11:05 PM, DickBuns wrote: Because they aren't flaws you dick. They are part of the fiction. You seem to forget that they are running a series of fiction which has all been laid out ahead of time. You still haven't supported how they are actually "flaws". The fact is, is that you are spouting opinions. And not facts.

You seem to me like the sort that had no problem watching the lord of the rings films, but could not actually read the books. It is a personal problem of yours. Not something wrong with the game. Like I said, not a flaw. Just your own issue. Get over yourself kiddo.
A shallow combat system, generic locale/enemy design and lack of true challenge can be completely explained away by the extensive lore. Gameplay issues and glitches, particularly.

If the lore only consists of Draugrs, sabre-tooths and some of the most generic high-fantasy dragons I've ever seen, then I'm not impressed with it - except it doesn't, so that isn't an excuse, and it isn't like they couldn't develop new creatures for Skyrim, they just haven't made creative ones. Why could they not have radically different Draugr types? There is so much potential in the Dwarven ruins but they boiled down the enemies to spiders and robots. Think of the what they could have had - giant mechanical beasts, flamethrowing automatons, clockwork warriors, enemies that required bolts of electricity in the right section to stun. Think of all the wildlife they could have had - deadly hanging creatures which drop from canopies, hideous underground serpents which attack from beneath, and the dragons could have had some truly spectacular designs. I just see a lack of creativity.

Except you know, this was written by several folks before you were even born. And they are sticking with their fiction that they wrote before you existed. And they are doing excellent in their sales. I'd say their opinion is more valid than your own.

Like I said though, keep spouting your negative drivel on this board. I'm sure the developers will suddenly realize how wrong they are because 1 kid did not enjoy their game.

Yrtnej
Yrtnej
  • Member since: Feb. 3, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-02 00:11:07 Reply

Why is DickBuns such a dick, and each recent page is made up of about half posts by Dickbuns and half by other people? Is he really too invested in defending himself and putting people down on the internet to, y'know, actually play the game Skyrim?

Anyway, my first character has turned out to be a jack of all trades, except for magic. Maybe after I've completed the game with this character, I'll come back sometime later and make another mage character. Seeing as how magic is about a third of the skills you can upgrade, it's such a waste to only be using the basic restoration magic for anything.

Has anyone ever wondered why there wasn't a skill tree for shouts? I don't actually find myself using shouts that often, but wouldn't it make sense? You are a dragonborn; that's the whole point of the game. Basic stuff like shouts are 20%, 40%, etc. more effective, or recharge quicker, or restores health/magic and so on. I mean, there's a skill tree for every type of magic you can that's in the game except shotus. What's up with that?

animehater
animehater
  • Member since: Feb. 28, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-02 00:13:45 Reply

Damn, I had no idea I started an argument. My bad.


"Communism is the very definition of failure." - Liberty Prime.

BBS Signature
hitman1993
hitman1993
  • Member since: Jan. 15, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Gamer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-02 00:15:40 Reply

So guys, I made a Nord hunter. He wears the Savior's Hide and has a war hound. Cool, huh?

Please stop the arguing. Please.


BBS Signature
Mumbo
Mumbo
  • Member since: Dec. 22, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Artist
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-02 00:20:03 Reply

At 1/2/12 12:15 AM, hitman1993 wrote: So guys, I made a Nord hunter. He wears the Savior's Hide and has a war hound. Cool, huh?

Please stop the arguing. Please.

I made a Nord badass. He wears full Dwarven armor (Flawless) with a dwarven war axe (Flawless) and has somewhere around 318 defense rating with 48 offense, more than a two-handed weapon.

Pretty cool.


http://mumbo.newgrounds.com/
I'm a bisexual fgt. send me dick pics pls.

BBS Signature
mrpwnzer
mrpwnzer
  • Member since: Apr. 2, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-02 00:23:43 Reply

Are you love birds done yet? Shame that a 23 year old has to resort to name calling. "Drastic" measures I suppose...then again he is um...some guy with...guns?

Now I see why many people think that archery is OP. My Leliana, apparently, can 2-3 shot a blood dragon...on expert. And she's not even into enchanting or smithing (role playing ftw) I should bump it up to master...

Switching between Skyrim, Orcs Must Die, Witcher 2, and Uncharted 3...then COLORADO!!!


Xbox live: C0n Queso
PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten
Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature
HollowedPumkinz
HollowedPumkinz
  • Member since: Feb. 16, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Gamer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-02 00:38:03 Reply

This has gone on long enough. ScaryPicnic, DickBuns, and Potatoes, have you all forgotten that this thread is about Skyrim? This is not a thread about Mods, this is not a PC > Consoles thread, this is not a thread that you should be using to have your little spats that span whole pages on, it's a Skryim Thread. Got that? Fucking Skyrim.

Scary Picnic, you don't like this game, you think it isn't very good, and frankly, you're very much entitled to that opinion, so for the love of god shut the fuck up and find a game you do like to discuss, hmmm? Rather than incessantly bicker at how this game is "fundamentaly flawed" and all that bull shit like someone here gives a damn about your cynical views.

Potatoes & DickBuns, you guys disagree about gaming, and that's lovely, but this thread was not made for the convenience of being able to hate on each other all the time, so take it to someplace else for the love of all that is good.

Talk about total derail. I really don't want to have to go PM a Mod to well "moderate" but for Christ sakes, something should be done about this. Then again, it's none of my business but you guys have made this thread quite unenjoyable to read and that really is a shame because, up until now, it was very pleasant.

Maybe if we clean up this mess before a Mod gets in here this place won't be put on the hot seat, because I know first hand that if the wrong Mod sees shit happen in a thread they don't care for, they will lock it. And I really don't want to see that happen. So please get your collective acts together and remember that this thread was made for discussing Skyrim. Not Battlfield, not Modding, Skryim.

there's like, zero chance of that happening, isn't there? Come on guys.

Even as I walk through the shadow of the Valley of Death, I shall fear no Evil. Semper Fidelis

BBS Signature
animehater
animehater
  • Member since: Feb. 28, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-02 00:41:47 Reply

I myself have a level 72 Argonian ninja battlemage (that's what I like to call him at least) pimping out some legendary glass armor enchanted to maximize destruction magic and conjoration. Though that armor is temporary though as when I have mastered all the magic skills and master all the dragon shouts (which I'm almost done with both) I shall enchant my newly crafted dragonscale armor and enchant the fuck out of it with all sorts of cool stuff. By that point I think I would be able to consider myself 100% prepared for any DLC that comes out.


"Communism is the very definition of failure." - Liberty Prime.

BBS Signature
HollowedPumkinz
HollowedPumkinz
  • Member since: Feb. 16, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Gamer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-02 00:52:41 Reply

I reached 80 in smithing and got my self a full set of Legendary Ebony Armor and a Legendary Battle Axe. He's a fucking Shadow Tank. Also, I'm so close to 25 K that I can almost smell it. Solitude House, you shall be mine yet.

just need to find more crap to sell...

Even as I walk through the shadow of the Valley of Death, I shall fear no Evil. Semper Fidelis

BBS Signature
Yrtnej
Yrtnej
  • Member since: Feb. 3, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-02 01:18:55 Reply

I just became a full member of the thieves' guild, and I was sooo fucking relieved to be able to sell all of that expensive stolen shit that was taking up so much space in my inventory. Hundreds of potions worth hundreds of coins each? Gone. Armor and accessories that add up after dozens of hours into the game? Sold. Finally relieved of that burden of carrying shit around. I couldn't just drop it; it was worth more than a lot of things in my inventory I had gotten legitimately!

animehater
animehater
  • Member since: Feb. 28, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-02 01:55:52 Reply

At 1/2/12 01:18 AM, Yrtnej wrote: I couldn't just drop it; it was worth more than a lot of things in my inventory I had gotten legitimately!

Have you considered buying a house?


"Communism is the very definition of failure." - Liberty Prime.

BBS Signature
chipotleaway
chipotleaway
  • Member since: Jan. 30, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Musician
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-02 02:40:10 Reply

Dickbuns, shut the fuck up, quit being so stuck up, and just play the game.
ScaryPicnic, Im sorry you feel that way.
Now can we please just move on and talk about Skyrim.
I've been playing so far as a High elf thief-mage and I really cant stop playing this game. There's so much to do and it just looks so good. When i first saw the Dwarven ruins I was in awe and It kind of explains the style of Dwarven weapons and armor. I have almost 50 hours logged in and I have only completed 5 quests so far. I am gonna be playing this game for a long time.


I am a vagina cleaner. My Steam
In world god make every thing. Therefore God can't deid. -calvinmark

BBS Signature
mrpwnzer
mrpwnzer
  • Member since: Apr. 2, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-02 07:12:03 Reply

At 1/2/12 01:18 AM, Yrtnej wrote: I just became a full member of the thieves' guild, and I was sooo fucking relieved to be able to sell all of that expensive stolen shit that was taking up so much space in my inventory. Hundreds of potions worth hundreds of coins each? Gone. Armor and accessories that add up after dozens of hours into the game? Sold. Finally relieved of that burden of carrying shit around. I couldn't just drop it; it was worth more than a lot of things in my inventory I had gotten legitimately!

Become a werewolf. Werewolves don't slow down when they run. Then just walk over to the nearest town, sneak in, end transformation, find the house carl, and buy desired house.

Just...save a lot.


Xbox live: C0n Queso
PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten
Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature
BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Member since: Jul. 8, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Programmer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-02 07:29:40 Reply

At 1/2/12 12:38 AM, HollowedPumkinz wrote: Talk about total derail. I really don't want to have to go PM a Mod to well "moderate" but for Christ sakes, something should be done about this. Then again, it's none of my business but you guys have made this thread quite unenjoyable to read and that really is a shame because, up until now, it was very pleasant.

I don't want to have a go at you, but I'm mid-way through deleting several pages of bullshit and someone really should have told me earlier. It takes like two seconds to PM a mod. It doesn't even need to be a mod who knows their elven from their ebony and their daedric from their dwarven, just someone who knows what to clean up. ie: all of this obnoxious shit over the last couple of pages.

As soon as there was a SINGLE post that didn't explicitly mention skyrim, as far as I'm concerned that's where it went wrong. I thought posting in this thread and showing that a mod does read this should would gently dissuade you guys from this shitty bickering but alas I was wrong.

I don't want to have to make any posts like this again. I don't care whether you prefer consoles or PC. I don't care about the modding capabilities of other games. This is a skyrim thread, and as such all discussion should be about skyrim.


BBS Signature
animehater
animehater
  • Member since: Feb. 28, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-02 08:09:43 Reply

Here's an idea for dlc: what about that orc kingdom I read about on the loading screen?


"Communism is the very definition of failure." - Liberty Prime.

BBS Signature
Idocreating
Idocreating
  • Member since: Sep. 18, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Gamer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-02 09:37:08 Reply

Mid 30's, 450+ health. Dragon Armour. Master Difficulty.

And still some things hit horrifically hard. I need to go find the Lord Stone.

The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Member since: Aug. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Musician
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-02 10:08:38 Reply

Has anybody tried the multiplayer mod? I wanted to give it a shot for the kicks but every bloody .rar I downloaded involved me going to a link to take a survey in order to obtain the password. I gave up after that thinking too much effort for an unnofficial mod. Besides, I think co-op on Skyrim would be terrible.

mrpwnzer
mrpwnzer
  • Member since: Apr. 2, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-02 10:32:21 Reply

At 1/2/12 10:08 AM, The-iMortal wrote: Has anybody tried the multiplayer mod?

yup...it's terrible atm. It's only for testing so what can ya do besides standing around like an idiot with glitches everywhere.


Xbox live: C0n Queso
PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten
Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature
phrozonfire
phrozonfire
  • Member since: Sep. 7, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Gamer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-02 11:38:56 Reply

How do you guys think expansions will be tackled?

I'm thinking new questlines rather than land expansions, because it proably isn't viable, unless the make another Daedric Prince Realm like in Shivering Isles.


"I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." ~ Jaime Lannister

BBS Signature
mrpwnzer
mrpwnzer
  • Member since: Apr. 2, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-02 12:14:30 Reply

At 1/2/12 11:38 AM, phrozonfire wrote: How do you guys think expansions will be tackled?

I'm thinking new questlines rather than land expansions, because it proably isn't viable, unless the make another Daedric Prince Realm like in Shivering Isles.

It might be land masses with quests of course. I'm sure you checked out that one guy exploring cyrodil (sp) and morrowind. The lands are already made, just with horrible textures. Bethesda could just create gates that would load the cells (like how there is an archway leading to morrowind).


Xbox live: C0n Queso
PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten
Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature
Dromedary
Dromedary
  • Member since: Apr. 1, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Melancholy
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-02 12:36:28 Reply

I think the reason dickbuns is so angry is something to do with buns and his penis.


MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature
phrozonfire
phrozonfire
  • Member since: Sep. 7, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Gamer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-02 12:38:45 Reply

At 1/2/12 12:14 PM, mrpwnzer wrote: The lands are already made, just with horrible textures. Bethesda could just create gates that would load the cells (like how there is an archway leading to morrowind).

But they would just make a new game for that land mass, I'm sure.


"I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." ~ Jaime Lannister

BBS Signature