00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

368,322 Views | 4,137 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-06-08 11:42:44

At 6/8/11 11:25 AM, FirstBaby wrote: Can you have fire spells in both hands and have double flamethrowers? EEEH?

I know you can have spells with both hands, and I know you can combine both hands to make one powerful spell, but I don't know if you can do two spells at once.

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-06-08 12:11:08

At 6/8/11 11:22 AM, Dean wrote: Still, didn't we get an Xbox update recently that was to make the Xboxs run some kind of new disk format? Maybe I just misunderstood.

Yeh we did. Although I don't think the new formats have improved that much. They're still lacking a fair bit compared to the PS3.

Sig made by simon <3

360 Gamertag - Warshark NG

PSN ID - xI_Warshark_Ix

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-06-08 13:24:13

At 6/8/11 12:12 PM, Tramps wrote: That's a good point. The spells do combine, but does that mean that a fire and an ice spell will combine into one beam or will they go separately? I think it'd be great if they had a sort of combination system for spells where you can try different crazy combinations to solve puzzles and make more powerful spells.

It gave the impression that they fire separately for two different spells but combine if you use the same spell in each hand.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-06-08 15:16:14

I've watched all the gameplay demo's loads of times now and to say I'm excited would be an understatement, I WANT THIS GAME NOW!

| Steam | AMD FX8320 - Asus 7950 - 8GB DDR3 - Asis M5A97 Pro - Xigmatek 750w - 120gb SSD - 1tb HDD - 500gb HDD -

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-06-08 16:06:14

At 6/8/11 03:16 PM, LulzCal wrote: I've watched all the gameplay demo's loads of times now and to say I'm excited would be an understatement, I WANT THIS GAME NOW!

........ play fallout 3 and chill man, or we can freeze you for a while?

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-06-08 16:12:14

At 6/8/11 04:06 PM, kidd25 wrote: ........ play fallout 3 and chill man, or we can freeze you for a while?

How dare you. Fallout 3 doesn't compare to any TES game. Take your blasphemy elsewhere.

I've been considering playing through Oblivion on my Xbox or buying the version on PC that comes will ALL the DLC for £20. It's a good deal, but I don't know if I want to sacrifice £20 right now. I need my fix of Elder Scrolls.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-06-08 17:44:03

Try playing Arena.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-06-08 17:45:50

At 6/8/11 05:44 PM, letiger wrote: Try playing Arena.

I have done, along with Daggerfall. I guess I could install them again at some point, but I enjoy Morrowind and Oblivion a lot more.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-06-08 19:58:03

HOW DARE YOU! it does the story is not the main quest its your life, its the everyday battle of the wasteland the voice of three-dog after a great song. from a shelter vault into a hard life, welcome to the wasteland its going to be hell.

if you still dont care, get some mods, MODS MAN!

for real play fallout3 you will like it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-06-08 20:00:45

IGN doing Skyrim right now. I don't know if there will be any new footage though.

http://www.ign.com/events/e3/2011/live-v ideo

( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°)

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-06-08 20:06:27

At 6/8/11 08:00 PM, desert116 wrote: IGN doing Skyrim right now. I don't know if there will be any new footage though.

And there was none.

( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°)

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-06-09 01:00:31

I was drooling when I heard Elder Scroll's V was Coming out !!! Surley To be the most BA game for many months to come ( maybe years )

Michael Booth

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-06-09 14:31:50

Some great new screenshots here.

| Steam | AMD FX8320 - Asus 7950 - 8GB DDR3 - Asis M5A97 Pro - Xigmatek 750w - 120gb SSD - 1tb HDD - 500gb HDD -

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-06-11 03:57:54

At 6/11/11 03:33 AM, Cootie wrote: This game seems to take the few flaws that Oblivion

What exactly were the flaws in Oblivion?

I admit, I'm kind of an Oblivion fanboy. It was my first TES game.

I'll admit, the leveling up system (where you only level up by increasing your major skills) kind of sucked, but in my opinion that's the only flaw.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-06-11 04:58:29

At 6/11/11 03:57 AM, Jolly wrote:
At 6/11/11 03:33 AM, Cootie wrote: This game seems to take the few flaws that Oblivion
What exactly were the flaws in Oblivion?

Bland Combat
Dynamic Enemy Levels
Shitty horses
There were only like, 8 voice actors in the entire game(Overly exaggerating)

That's honestly all I can think of right now, and all of those were fixed with mods, save for the voice acting. It seems like Skyrim is sort of integrating a lot of mods into their new game, which is pretty cool.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-06-11 05:40:30

Possibly some kind of Dark Brotherhood-type gameplay?

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-06-11 06:11:24

After spending most of yesterday playing Oblivion, one thing I would like to see them fix in Skyrim is the items on display in stores or in peoples houses. Sometimes I find myself knocking stuff over (or in one case casting a fire ball spell and sending items flying across the room in huge numbers) and it just remains there. A shop keeper or home owner should be able to put there items back where they belong, or at the very least, stores should in some way clean themselves up automatically after you leave and return.

It's a minor annoyance, but I'd like to see that altered somehow.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-06-11 06:15:03

At 6/11/11 04:58 AM, ironraven24 wrote: Bland Combat
Dynamic Enemy Levels
Shitty horses
There were only like, 8 voice actors in the entire game(Overly exaggerating)

I agree with all of those things, except for the shitty horses. What's so bad about them?

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-06-11 06:19:27

At 6/11/11 06:15 AM, Jolly wrote: I agree with all of those things, except for the shitty horses. What's so bad about them?

If people complain about the horses in Oblivion, they obviously never played Two Worlds. Compared to those things, the horses in Oblivion are perfect.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-06-11 06:25:14

At 6/11/11 06:11 AM, Dean wrote: It's a minor annoyance, but I'd like to see that altered somehow.

I agree, although it seems like if they do that they'd also clean up items you left behind, which would really suck if you became over-encumbered and you had to leave items behind.

At 6/11/11 06:19 AM, Dean wrote:
At 6/11/11 06:15 AM, Jolly wrote: I agree with all of those things, except for the shitty horses. What's so bad about them?
If people complain about the horses in Oblivion, they obviously never played Two Worlds. Compared to those things, the horses in Oblivion are perfect.

That game is terrible.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-06-11 06:32:22

At 6/11/11 06:25 AM, Jolly wrote: I agree, although it seems like if they do that they'd also clean up items you left behind, which would really suck if you became over-encumbered and you had to leave items behind.

I never really though of that. If the items on display are actually those in the sellers inventory, perhaps it could recognise this and only sort out those items. The worst type of store for this to happen in was a book store. Once those things get blasted off the shelf by a spell they're a nightmare to sort again. On the console, it's almost impossible to get them looking neat and would take hours.

That game is terrible.

I was one of the people who enjoyed Two Worlds once I got into it. If you can look past the occasional drop in frame rate, the pretty voice acting on the lead character, the completely broken multiplayer and the bad horse handling, the game actually had quite a good experience to offer. I loved the variation of the map and there were some pretty cool and challenging locations. I liked how areas of the map were inaccessible due to creatures that would easily overpower you until you levelled. I liked the seemingly huge variations in armour and weapon design.

I'm actually tempted to go back and try to complete the main storyline, which I never did in the past.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-06-11 06:39:17

At 6/11/11 06:19 AM, Dean wrote:

I think we've been spoiled with the horses in Red Dead Redemption. At least that's what I always think of when I see ridable horses in games.

Sig made by simon <3

PSN ID - xI_Warshark_Ix

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-06-11 06:43:56

I loved walking into a shop that I would have no reason to need to go in and wreck it completely, just watching the helpless shopkeeper look on as his shop was destroyed was pure gold.

Also, I reckon I'll fast-travel less in Skyrim, I'll have a hell of a lot of free time to play it, so I think I'll ride horses and walk more, just so I can enjoy the scenery and all the random events that seem to occur. I imagine that would make the experience a whole lot better. Especially because it looks so easy to get sidetracked by other areas of interest, such as accidently stumbling upon a hidden cave or house with some sort of secret inside, that's what I love about the Elder Scrolls games, just how unknown everything is, it's not predictable.

Jesus Christ I can't wait for this game...

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-06-11 06:46:44

At 6/11/11 06:39 AM, warshark wrote: I think we've been spoiled with the horses in Red Dead Redemption. At least that's what I always think of when I see ridable horses in games.

This just got me thinking, has it been confirmed that you can battle from horseback? That's something they did in Two Worlds, but because the horses had some handling issues (although that was probably because there was a horse handling skill level that could be increased) it wasn't the best experience.

It would be nice be able to attack without having to get off the horse. It might even be cool if the horse could do some damage of its own.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-06-11 06:51:37

At 6/11/11 06:43 AM, Snuff wrote: Also, I reckon I'll fast-travel less in Skyrim,

I was guilty of basically fast-travelling everywhere in Oblivion. I don't think I ever really just walked somewhere in the world.

Jesus Christ I can't wait for this game...

Same here :3

At 6/11/11 06:46 AM, Dean wrote: This just got me thinking, has it been confirmed that you can battle from horseback?

By this do you mean battling over npcs who were also on horseback? Or just simply attacking creatures whilst you were on your horse?

(although that was probably because there was a horse handling skill level that could be increased)

Best skill ever ;)

It would be nice be able to attack without having to get off the horse. It might even be cool if the horse could do some damage of its own.

That would be pretty awesome, seeing your horse taking on a dragon by itself :P

Sig made by simon <3

PSN ID - xI_Warshark_Ix

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-06-11 07:06:16

At 6/11/11 06:43 AM, Snuff wrote: Jesus Christ I can't wait for this game...

You're not alone. I have been waiting several years now for the game that would top Oblivion and this one is looking to be far superior so far. It's without a doubt the game I'm most hyped for, although GTA: San Andreas probably comes in a very close second.

At 6/11/11 06:51 AM, warshark wrote: By this do you mean battling over npcs who were also on horseback? Or just simply attacking creatures whilst you were on your horse?

Why not both? Although I was more just thinking of attacking bandits who come running at your horse without first having to demount.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-06-11 08:58:48

At 6/11/11 07:06 AM, Dean wrote: Why not both? Although I was more just thinking of attacking bandits who come running at your horse without first having to demount.

Fair enough. I wasn't aware you couldn't attack whilst on a horse in Oblivion.
Although that may have been because I never actually rode a horse in Oblivion.

Actually, to tell you the truth, I don't think I even saw horse whilst I was playing the game.

Sig made by simon <3

PSN ID - xI_Warshark_Ix

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-06-11 09:17:06

At 6/11/11 08:58 AM, warshark wrote: Fair enough. I wasn't aware you couldn't attack whilst on a horse in Oblivion.
Although that may have been because I never actually rode a horse in Oblivion.

You couldn't in Oblivion, but it's something that might be cool in Skyrim.

Actually, to tell you the truth, I don't think I even saw horse whilst I was playing the game.

You got a free horse right at the start if you spoke to one of the monks when you went to visit Jauffre to hand over the Amulet of Kings. Otherwise, you had to buy them from the stables outside of towns. Some towns had far better horses than others in terms of speed. I guess you could have stole one too if you wanted.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-06-11 09:51:37

At 6/11/11 06:51 AM, warshark wrote: I was guilty of basically fast-travelling everywhere in Oblivion. I don't think I ever really just walked somewhere in the world.

There was nothing to see but field after field anyway...

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-06-11 10:19:39

They felt clunky, were slow, and useless when you could fast travel everywhere.

Also, the fact that every guard in the game would pursue me indefinitely for picking up a clay pot is very silly. The whole crime system as a whole in vanilla makes it not too fun to be a thief. Luckily I have mods, so it's a lot more fun.

Leveling was quite tedious as well.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature