Athlas
Athlas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Wikileaks & Stuff Dec. 10th, 2010 @ 10:54 AM Reply

At 12/10/10 10:24 AM, kazumazkan wrote:
Freedom of speech does not equal posting information on the internet that marks good targets for terrorists.
one good reason freedom of speach is getting out of hand

Where in these reports did they disclose any information on military weaknesses?

Should we act like the Chinese government, and only disclose information that is beneficial to the public opinion towards the source of information?

TheLemonHammer
TheLemonHammer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Wikileaks & Stuff Dec. 10th, 2010 @ 12:17 PM Reply

I support WikiLeaks in any form and everything they do because of one thing: my privacy.
Pretty much everybody knows the TSA is batshit insane now, did you know they have the right to look through your laptop or cellphone in search of terrorist information? Even if they can't prove you're a terrorist?
And when asked about it, they say, "If they were truly innocent, what do they have to hide?"
Then why doesn't this work both ways? Tell me, if the government really had nothing to hide, why are they getting so angry about WikiLeaks? Maybe if the government let me have my privacy, I wouldn't be so okay about WikiLeaks, but at this point, it's inexcusable.

Re2deemer
Re2deemer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Wikileaks & Stuff Dec. 10th, 2010 @ 02:31 PM Reply

At 12/10/10 06:54 AM, Athlas wrote:
At 12/10/10 06:45 AM, Wolfos wrote: Freedom of speech does not equal posting information on the internet that marks good targets for terrorists.
Where, when, and how did that happen?

*point*

Anyhow, Wikileaks....Congratulations, you showed that you have the freedom of speech. Now sit down, think for a second and start having some priorities. Gossip is one of those things that the world has enough and leaking it is not making the world better. Currently I see Wikileaks as a white knight, fighting a dragon for a relic that could heal the whole kingdom, only to go home and stick the relic on a shelf as a trophy, not bothering to do anything. A job half done.

Yes, I know of the Reuters leak. That's what I want more of.

BBS Signature
MiroDK
MiroDK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Wikileaks & Stuff Dec. 10th, 2010 @ 03:42 PM Reply

At 12/10/10 02:31 PM, Re2deemer wrote:
At 12/10/10 06:54 AM, Athlas wrote: Where, when, and how did that happen?
Stuff

Not to mention the communications cables that go across the ocean, and the oil lines.

Sure, I understand leaking war crimes and such things which are considered "classified", and other stuff. But leaking communication cables? Oil lines? Those really are targets for terrorism or sabotage.

And I'm pretty sure most of the intelligence agencies around the world are deciphering these files as well, if those files contain information as in, coordinates to the US's nuclear missiles, or war plans or something, this could lead to a reeeeally bad situation.

shit's amazing

BBS Signature
KartuneHustla
KartuneHustla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Wikileaks & Stuff Dec. 10th, 2010 @ 04:52 PM Reply

And I'm pretty sure most of the intelligence agencies around the world are deciphering these files as well, if those files contain information as in, coordinates to the US's nuclear missiles, or war plans or something, this could lead to a reeeeally bad situation.

Are we talking about the insurance file Assange released, because if so, it is impossible to break. There is just now way since its a 256 bit key. I haven't heard of anything about nuclear missile coordinates or anything. And we have to remember its not just the U.S, he will be releasing information on other countries as well. I wouldn't worry to much about that stuff.

At your service

BBS Signature
Bryan
Bryan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Wikileaks & Stuff Dec. 10th, 2010 @ 05:03 PM Reply

Well just goes to show how the United States government will stop at anything to stop things that they don't want getting out, getting out.

WikiLeaks is just following the constitution isn't it? Freedom of Speech? This just goes to show how to our modern American government, The American Revolution, doesn't mean SHIT.

Well the site is still around, and it has a .zip file available containing every file they have ever released archived, which is about 20,000 files. I definitely support them and I think it's bullshit that they would even attempt at some bullshit like this. Well, Just head there and support the site if you want to, which I definitely did. I hope that they leave Julian Assange alone though.

"Maybe thats why shes in film school. She wants to be an Artistic Autistic." -Viper50
"Everything else you said was mostly garbage and opinionated." -DangerousGirl

BBS Signature
Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Wikileaks & Stuff Dec. 10th, 2010 @ 05:24 PM Reply

Did you guys hear yet that Julian Assange is now getting charged with Espionage on the US government? If you don't know what that means it's like in Splinter Cell, he snuck into a government facility and stole this things they say.
But people sent them to him.
And now that he is apparently going to be charged, he said that if he DOES get charged or in trouble he will release the "Poison Pill" of leaks.

Hmmm. This is interesting although I feel bad for him as he really did not do anything.

Yeah, whatever.
PSN ID: REDSiN66

Bryan
Bryan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Wikileaks & Stuff Dec. 10th, 2010 @ 05:27 PM Reply

At 12/10/10 05:24 PM, EpicFail wrote: And now that he is apparently going to be charged, he said that if he DOES get charged or in trouble he will release the "Poison Pill" of leaks.

Ahahahaha, sounds pretty good man. Now just to sit back and watch the fireworks.

Wikileaks & Stuff

"Maybe thats why shes in film school. She wants to be an Artistic Autistic." -Viper50
"Everything else you said was mostly garbage and opinionated." -DangerousGirl

BBS Signature
KartuneHustla
KartuneHustla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Wikileaks & Stuff Dec. 10th, 2010 @ 06:07 PM Reply

At 12/10/10 05:27 PM, Bryan wrote:
At 12/10/10 05:24 PM, EpicFail wrote: And now that he is apparently going to be charged, he said that if he DOES get charged or in trouble he will release the "Poison Pill" of leaks.
Ahahahaha, sounds pretty good man. Now just to sit back and watch the fireworks.

This will be a sight to behold :). I hope he does release it

At your service

BBS Signature
IncendiaryProduction
IncendiaryProduction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Game Developer
Response to Wikileaks & Stuff Dec. 10th, 2010 @ 06:13 PM Reply

At 12/10/10 06:09 AM, Night-Ranger wrote: Everyone has the right to know.

No. No they don't.

What makes you so high and mighty, that you are somehow naturally entitled to know everything? What makes you so important?

A merry heart does good like a medicine; but a broken spirit dries the bones. Proverbs 17:22
"It's not gay because we're bros." - Gobblemeister

BBS Signature
Conjecture
Conjecture
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Wikileaks & Stuff Dec. 10th, 2010 @ 06:23 PM Reply

Some information, such as information that could be potentially dangerous to one's life, should be kept secret, in my opinion.

BBS Signature
Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Wikileaks & Stuff Dec. 10th, 2010 @ 06:37 PM Reply

At 12/10/10 06:07 PM, KartuneHustla wrote:
At 12/10/10 05:27 PM, Bryan wrote:
This will be a sight to behold :). I hope he does release it

I hope he does too, I'm waiting for it... Really eager to read it too.

Yeah, whatever.
PSN ID: REDSiN66

IncendiaryProduction
IncendiaryProduction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Game Developer
Response to Wikileaks & Stuff Dec. 10th, 2010 @ 06:40 PM Reply

At 12/10/10 06:26 PM, LaForge wrote:
At 12/10/10 06:13 PM, IncendiaryProduction wrote: What makes you so high and mighty, that you are somehow naturally entitled to know everything? What makes you so important?
What makes you so high and mighty to deny a person knowledge? What makes you so important?

Ok then, tell me your mother's maiden name, your social security number, and penis size.

If no one should be denied knowledge, then tell me.

A merry heart does good like a medicine; but a broken spirit dries the bones. Proverbs 17:22
"It's not gay because we're bros." - Gobblemeister

BBS Signature
Wyatt2012
Wyatt2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Wikileaks & Stuff Dec. 10th, 2010 @ 06:50 PM Reply

I think Wikileaks just wants attention. First it was important US documents that were leaked, then the Wikileaks owner is accused of sexual harassment, and now they're flooding sites that dropped their accounts with Wikileaks (like MasterCard and Visa). Hell, they even made a Twitter account updating on the sites they were flooding.

Calm down, bro.

"As we speak, Osama Bin Laden is living with Spongebob in a pineapple under the sea." - Jimmy Kimmel

BBS Signature
GodOfVideoGames
GodOfVideoGames
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Game Developer
Response to Wikileaks & Stuff Dec. 10th, 2010 @ 07:06 PM Reply

Dude, Wikileaks is nothing. when Pimp gets those naked pictures of Tom, the Internet will split in two.

naronic
naronic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Game Developer
Response to Wikileaks & Stuff Dec. 10th, 2010 @ 07:06 PM Reply

I don't really know much about the ordeal but I will say this
I don't support wiki-leaks at all on this one,
yes, I know
hit the post reply button now
rearrange my quote to something self insulting, I don't really care.

The inevitable truth is Wiki-leaks took it to far on this one, far to the point where there might actually be another 9/11. It's not just about freedom of press anymore as wiki-leaks just threatened freedom head-on by revealing government classified information for everysingle websurfing terrorist in the middle east to see.

But I will say this,
If Wiki-leak supporters really want to defend what their doing they will have to do so in a politically strategic manner and not by go rambo4chan-style haxxor on anyone they think is against them

BBS Signature
hawkrider1
hawkrider1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to Wikileaks & Stuff Dec. 14th, 2010 @ 10:48 PM Reply

There is no such thing as Democracy anymore.
Only multiple levels of Communism.

Wikileaks doesn't steal info, merely displays to the world what is already out there.

theshadowwolf
theshadowwolf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Wikileaks & Stuff Dec. 15th, 2010 @ 12:22 AM Reply

All I know is that I have all of the files leaked saved on my computer, and maybe I'll go distribute them. This is information that people NEED to know. To everyone making the argument that "There is a line for too much information", thats absolutely stupid when it comes to this. We, supposedly, arent a dictatorship. Our affairs should be run by the people, and when people dont get information that could potentially affect them, then freedom is lost. There's a huge difference between revealing your personal information information and revealing information which SHOULD belong to everyone.

Vote Green.
Sig by PabMo. Thank you very much.

BBS Signature
Kollskegg
Kollskegg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Wikileaks & Stuff Dec. 15th, 2010 @ 12:25 AM Reply

Guy 1: It's not illegal it's journalism.

Guy 2: Anti-american BASTARD!

Guy3: shut the fuck up it'll be over in a few months.