00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Refuce just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Wikileaks & Stuff

2,650 Views | 41 Replies

Wikileaks & Stuff 2010-12-10 06:07:00

What do you think about the whole ordeal?

Anon has been involved quite a bit and is recruiting computers to help them in then conquest towards freedom of technology.

Not just the 4cha anons :P

Linky to news

!NG Birthday List! :3 Current Count: 151 <3|||HELLO OPERATOR!|||Greatest Thread Ever!

Formerly, and still,Rahvin-the-vampire. Thanks Valjylmyr :)

BBS Signature

Response to Wikileaks & Stuff 2010-12-10 06:09:30

Freedom speech is what the world needs, and the governments won't allow it. There are two types of people in this world now. People who withhold the truth and the rest of us who need to know what is going on in the world. Everyone has the right to know.

BBS Signature

Response to Wikileaks & Stuff 2010-12-10 06:15:30

Freedom of technology is great, but where do we draw the line?

Knowledge of govt's gossip, maybe we'll allow that but not people's report cards? How about their entire sex lives? How bout their blood types and social security cards?

Freedom of information is great, but how much freedom is great. Anon is fighting for complete freedom. No secrets....which is quite a funny for a group that lives and communicates in secrecy.

!NG Birthday List! :3 Current Count: 151 <3|||HELLO OPERATOR!|||Greatest Thread Ever!

BBS Signature

Response to Wikileaks & Stuff 2010-12-10 06:15:44

Im supporting wikileaks and so do all the people I know. Cant be that peace-nobelprize holder Obama's government destroys an organization like wikileaks with mere political pressure. It's a shame for the self-proclaimed free western world. Where's the difference to china here ?

BBS Signature

Response to Wikileaks & Stuff 2010-12-10 06:20:21

At 12/10/10 06:15 AM, Kamikaye wrote: Im supporting wikileaks and so do all the people I know. Cant be that peace-nobelprize holder Obama's government destroys an organization like wikileaks with mere political pressure. It's a shame for the self-proclaimed free western world. Where's the difference to china here ?

So wait...what did Obama do? Many of my friends HATE Obama but they can't come up with valid reasons why he sucks other than they're hardcore republican so naturally he sucks regardless.

The difference to china is we don't want North Korea to succeed and China won't publically call them nimwits. Sure they did it behind closed doors, which wikilinks exposed :P Oh and we keep borrowing money from them thus increasing the National Debt.

BBS Signature

Response to Wikileaks & Stuff 2010-12-10 06:21:28

To be honest I really couldn't give a fuck, until the idiots of the internet decided that they would attack companies that went against Wikileaks.

Other people the world over use those companies for their business.

And all this bullshit about freedom of speech and that, it's not real.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Wikileaks & Stuff 2010-12-10 06:33:04

'Anonymous' just hacked one of our government's servers for arresting one of the guys that attacked the Mastercard server...

Response to Wikileaks & Stuff 2010-12-10 06:40:12

Freedom of speech blah blah blah...
I love the Freedoms we used to have.

Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.

BBS Signature

Response to Wikileaks & Stuff 2010-12-10 06:45:00

At 12/10/10 06:40 AM, 111122223138 wrote: Freedom of speech blah blah blah...

Freedom of speech does not equal posting information on the internet that marks good targets for terrorists.
The first thing, however (the American government diplomacy shit) was also sensitive information, but the US shouldn't have been so butthurt about it.
If they would have done the whole "Lololol, that shit ain't real" approach, nothing would've happened.

Response to Wikileaks & Stuff 2010-12-10 06:46:57

At 12/10/10 06:09 AM, Night-Ranger wrote: Freedom speech is what the world needs, and the governments won't allow it. There are two types of people in this world now. People who withhold the truth and the rest of us who need to know what is going on in the world. Everyone has the right to know.

here, here. Exacty what I was thinking.

My flash games, and cool zombie games. Also I am Thom Sip!

BBS Signature

Response to Wikileaks & Stuff 2010-12-10 06:52:17

Obama wanted a more transparent goverment. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

BBS Signature

Response to Wikileaks & Stuff 2010-12-10 06:54:28

At 12/10/10 06:45 AM, Wolfos wrote: Freedom of speech does not equal posting information on the internet that marks good targets for terrorists.

Where, when, and how did that happen?

The first thing, however (the American government diplomacy shit) was also sensitive information, but the US shouldn't have been so butthurt about it.

Depends on what you view as 'sensitive'. I found out that they're keeping nuclear weapons about 20 miles from where I live, and I can't say I feel too comfortable about it. Our government knew about it, but its people didn't. I honestly don't think they (the Belgian government) have a right to withhold such information to the people that elect them.

If they would have done the whole "Lololol, that shit ain't real" approach, nothing would've happened.

And how long would that have worked? That's how repressive, totalitarian regimes deal with such things. Well, not as extremely, I guess. But you can't just pretend that your nose is bleeding, or look the other way.

Response to Wikileaks & Stuff 2010-12-10 07:07:49

Wikileaks crosses the line some occasionally.

Response to Wikileaks & Stuff 2010-12-10 07:59:04

At 12/10/10 07:16 AM, MercatorMap wrote: Protip: Freedom does not exist.

If it's not in your hand, you can't trust it.

Exactly..

[No attention whore signature]

Response to Wikileaks & Stuff 2010-12-10 08:11:47

Anonymous' hacking techniques are brilliant. That, and they, as a collective force, are the ultimate idea of democracy - that is, not a government or a committee deciding who does what, but the true collective force, deciding who becomes what's personal army.

As for the attacks themselves, I have no opinion.

Response to Wikileaks & Stuff 2010-12-10 08:17:40

I haven't seen this much controversy since Eric Douglace

See what I did there?

Response to Wikileaks & Stuff 2010-12-10 08:26:27

I guess the government should be able to maintain some secrets to keep civilians from going berserker. Could you do your job with all these ignorant fucks wanting to know what it is that you're doing? Also, no government has ever been 100% free. The government has always had some secrets.

I say anarchism, anyone in?

[No attention whore signature]

Response to Wikileaks & Stuff 2010-12-10 09:09:15

this started because they found video of US soldiers firing on Iraqi civilians.

mean what the hell is the big deal? They are jut Iraqi sand fucks. Their lives are worth less than ant shit. Hell, they should be thankful we dont blow up their ass country, which we should.

Response to Wikileaks & Stuff 2010-12-10 09:24:22

At 12/10/10 09:09 AM, frigi wrote: this started because they found video of US soldiers firing on Iraqi civilians.

mean what the hell is the big deal? They are jut Iraqi sand fucks. Their lives are worth less than ant shit. Hell, they should be thankful we dont blow up their ass country, which we should.

Man, I don't think I've ever seen any one more ignorant! What if, say, there was a war here, because we blew up somebody else's country (Which we totally did.) and they're pissed about it. First you think that you're pretty safe, it's a military war, you have nothing to do with it. Then some ass comes over and shoots you in the face. For no reason. Your life lost, for no reason. You didn't do anything wrong, (other than be a douchebag, but that's not the point) you had nothing to do with the people that blew up their monuments, you were just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Does that seem fair to you? In what way is our country any different from Afghanistan or Iraq?

Response to Wikileaks & Stuff 2010-12-10 09:45:07

At 12/10/10 09:24 AM, TheLemonHammer wrote: said communist and nazi shit

You are a terrorist now

Response to Wikileaks & Stuff 2010-12-10 09:47:29

At 12/10/10 09:25 AM, WhiteDJ wrote:
At 12/10/10 09:09 AM, frigi wrote: this started because they found video of US soldiers firing on Iraqi civilians.
Actually no, it was because military documents were put up on the site that compromised the security and safety of US military personnel.

The U.S. military personnel should be given medals. They were protected because so many people think those sand fucks deserve any form of life at all.

I mean if you step on an ant, you dont feel any remorse, it is just an ant. Than why do people feel the need to be upset about this? They are basically ants.

Anyone that is upset about this should be considered terrorists and treated as such

Response to Wikileaks & Stuff 2010-12-10 09:50:39

At 12/10/10 09:47 AM, frigi wrote:
Anyone that is upset about this should be considered terrorists and treated as such

You're either a troll, and a very poor one at that, or a sad waste of human life.

Response to Wikileaks & Stuff 2010-12-10 09:59:55

i think this whole ordeal is cause the us gov. is shitty that he put there shit out there like they do us...i hope anon hacks the planet and we learn everything like the truth behind the grassy knoll, watergate...all of it...wait...someone is coming...i have to fight the future.

End of Line.

BBS Signature

Response to Wikileaks & Stuff 2010-12-10 10:03:38

There should be a comity, which is part of judiciary and in no way controlled by govt to decide what's the line above which things should be kept secret

Response to Wikileaks & Stuff 2010-12-10 10:06:27

At 12/10/10 10:03 AM, fopgames wrote: There should be a comity, which is part of judiciary and in no way controlled by govt to decide what's the line above which things should be kept secret

Yeah, that's a really good Idea, but who's on that comity? Government appointed people?
And who's the government going to listen to.... also I don't think that wikileaks would give a care if it were too secret, that's their thing.

Fucking crazy, and proud.

Your god is a fraud!

BBS Signature

Response to Wikileaks & Stuff 2010-12-10 10:24:07

At 12/10/10 06:45 AM, Wolfos wrote:
At 12/10/10 06:40 AM, 111122223138 wrote: Freedom of speech blah blah blah...

Freedom of speech does not equal posting information on the internet that marks good targets for terrorists.
one good reason freedom of speach is getting out of hand

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to Wikileaks & Stuff 2010-12-10 10:45:21

Ths is some cool shit, yo.

NEVER FORGET

BBS Signature

Response to Wikileaks & Stuff 2010-12-10 10:54:10

At 12/10/10 10:24 AM, kazumazkan wrote:
one good reason freedom of speach is getting out of hand

Where in these reports did they disclose any information on military weaknesses?

Should we act like the Chinese government, and only disclose information that is beneficial to the public opinion towards the source of information?

Response to Wikileaks & Stuff 2010-12-10 12:17:42

I support WikiLeaks in any form and everything they do because of one thing: my privacy.
Pretty much everybody knows the TSA is batshit insane now, did you know they have the right to look through your laptop or cellphone in search of terrorist information? Even if they can't prove you're a terrorist?
And when asked about it, they say, "If they were truly innocent, what do they have to hide?"
Then why doesn't this work both ways? Tell me, if the government really had nothing to hide, why are they getting so angry about WikiLeaks? Maybe if the government let me have my privacy, I wouldn't be so okay about WikiLeaks, but at this point, it's inexcusable.

Response to Wikileaks & Stuff 2010-12-10 14:31:35

At 12/10/10 06:54 AM, Athlas wrote:
At 12/10/10 06:45 AM, Wolfos wrote: Freedom of speech does not equal posting information on the internet that marks good targets for terrorists.
Where, when, and how did that happen?

*point*

Anyhow, Wikileaks....Congratulations, you showed that you have the freedom of speech. Now sit down, think for a second and start having some priorities. Gossip is one of those things that the world has enough and leaking it is not making the world better. Currently I see Wikileaks as a white knight, fighting a dragon for a relic that could heal the whole kingdom, only to go home and stick the relic on a shelf as a trophy, not bothering to do anything. A job half done.

Yes, I know of the Reuters leak. That's what I want more of.

BBS Signature