Be a Supporter!

24hrc3 : Through The Portal

  • 4,161 Views
  • 130 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Emrox
Emrox
  • Member since: Aug. 23, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Animator
Response to 24hrc3 : Through The Portal Dec. 7th, 2010 @ 06:55 PM Reply

Will there be tryouts or something to see who gets to be in the collab?


BBS Signature
10JD
10JD
  • Member since: Apr. 1, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to 24hrc3 : Through The Portal Dec. 7th, 2010 @ 07:06 PM Reply

At 12/7/10 06:55 PM, Elfman-Rox wrote: Will there be tryouts or something to see who gets to be in the collab?

Its biased on past flash and availability.


Hi

RicePirate
RicePirate
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Animator
Response to 24hrc3 : Through The Portal Dec. 7th, 2010 @ 07:52 PM Reply

At 12/7/10 07:06 PM, 10JD wrote:
At 12/7/10 06:55 PM, Elfman-Rox wrote: Will there be tryouts or something to see who gets to be in the collab?
Its biased on past flash and availability.

It's actually biased towards those who have previously participated in the collab and those who were previously solicited to join the original first two.

While you'd normally be in the "previously participated" group, there are a couple reasons you were placed in the Reserve Group. Considering your current record of reliability, you've got some balls to call me biased. I've been more than reasonable, and if I was prone to bias, I'd finger you as extremely unreliable. But I won't ... because I'm sure you've got some really important shit going on.

I'd be happy to work with you in the future. But I'm currently juggling a project (of my volition) that's really a big pile of negligence on your end ... on more than one account. So let's just say if I have to dedicate a month to preparing something and completing it, I'm going to go for folks that have a relatively clean record.

Yea, I'm drunk.


BBS Signature
10JD
10JD
  • Member since: Apr. 1, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to 24hrc3 : Through The Portal Dec. 7th, 2010 @ 08:33 PM Reply

At 12/7/10 07:52 PM, RicePirate wrote:
At 12/7/10 07:06 PM, 10JD wrote:
At 12/7/10 06:55 PM, Elfman-Rox wrote: Will there be tryouts or something to see who gets to be in the collab?
Its biased on past flash and availability.
Considering your current record of reliability, you've got some balls to call me biased.

fuk, i ment based, huge typo man. im sorry. That i slipped in there


Hi

Emrox
Emrox
  • Member since: Aug. 23, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Animator
Response to 24hrc3 : Through The Portal Dec. 7th, 2010 @ 09:00 PM Reply

That was the best typo ever.


BBS Signature
TheRuining
TheRuining
  • Member since: Dec. 30, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to 24hrc3 : Through The Portal Dec. 7th, 2010 @ 09:00 PM Reply

29th should work for me.

Don't think I has plans.

Bubbowrap
Bubbowrap
  • Member since: Aug. 1, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to 24hrc3 : Through The Portal Dec. 7th, 2010 @ 10:25 PM Reply

Sweet, that works out great barring any unforeseen circumstances! :D! I have a general idea of how much work I need to put in, so hopefully I'll be able to make a better part this time.

And can someone send me a working AS3 Cam? I had to take mine out last time since it was lagging my part horribly.

RionHunter
RionHunter
  • Member since: Aug. 3, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to 24hrc3 : Through The Portal Dec. 8th, 2010 @ 05:18 AM Reply

Well, I'm free on the 29th too.

DCzerkies42
DCzerkies42
  • Member since: Dec. 1, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Animator
Response to 24hrc3 : Through The Portal Dec. 8th, 2010 @ 10:27 AM Reply

Woot woot we all gonna do like skype chat thing lol on that day because like that woulds be cool lol


Animation I want to be the Best Fucker.

BBS Signature
RicePirate
RicePirate
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Animator
Response to 24hrc3 : Through The Portal Dec. 8th, 2010 @ 10:32 AM Reply

Apologies for rant, last night. I'm hungover like a dirty sponge.

- We'll be using Stickam the day of the event, so folks can view up to artist screens if they wish to share

- I'll provide a link and tutorial on how to setup ManyCam (free) on your computer, so artists can show their screens in Stickam.

- AS3 vCam is totally cool, however I'll be asking artists to TRY to optimize their pieces (I know we'll be on a time crunch)

- I'll also provide a link to the vCam file we all use, just there isn't any conflict in the code.


BBS Signature
DCzerkies42
DCzerkies42
  • Member since: Dec. 1, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Animator
Response to 24hrc3 : Through The Portal Dec. 8th, 2010 @ 10:35 AM Reply

What is Vcam sorry still sorta noob with things and sounds cool :"D


Animation I want to be the Best Fucker.

BBS Signature
RicePirate
RicePirate
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Animator
Response to 24hrc3 : Through The Portal Dec. 8th, 2010 @ 11:48 AM Reply

At 12/8/10 10:35 AM, LazyAss23 wrote: What is Vcam sorry still sorta noob with things and sounds cool :"D

vCam is a script that provides a layer that acts as the lense of a virtual video camera. So you can animate your scene. Then use a vcam to zoom in, spin, blur, all sorts of stuff.

Here's a quick example


BBS Signature
Pegosho
Pegosho
  • Member since: Nov. 17, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Animator
Response to 24hrc3 : Through The Portal Dec. 8th, 2010 @ 12:37 PM Reply

I think I'm gonna use Vcam this time around.

DCzerkies42
DCzerkies42
  • Member since: Dec. 1, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Animator
Response to 24hrc3 : Through The Portal Dec. 8th, 2010 @ 12:44 PM Reply

O M G.... i have wanted to do that so many times...... wtf and its very cool seeing you here pegosho you have a skype???


Animation I want to be the Best Fucker.

BBS Signature
RedHarvest
RedHarvest
  • Member since: Aug. 19, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Animator
Response to 24hrc3 : Through The Portal Dec. 8th, 2010 @ 12:53 PM Reply

where will that v-cam link b posted? in here or on the site thingy


Freedom is the Right of All Sentient Beings

BBS Signature
RicePirate
RicePirate
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Animator
Response to 24hrc3 : Through The Portal Dec. 8th, 2010 @ 01:04 PM Reply

At 12/8/10 12:53 PM, RedHarvest wrote: where will that v-cam link b posted? in here or on the site thingy

It's in the version info section on the project page :)

I'll send a pm to all with these updates, so folks can practice a little instead of trying it on the day of the collab.


BBS Signature
JPB
JPB
  • Member since: Jun. 20, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to 24hrc3 : Through The Portal Dec. 8th, 2010 @ 01:32 PM Reply

can I use an as2 vcam, with the same movieclip as yours, but as2 code, and then you can just replace the code later (flash 8 here)?
also, the 29th works for me too

RicePirate
RicePirate
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Animator
Response to 24hrc3 : Through The Portal Dec. 8th, 2010 @ 01:40 PM Reply

At 12/8/10 01:32 PM, JPB wrote: can I use an as2 vcam, with the same movieclip as yours, but as2 code, and then you can just replace the code later (flash 8 here)?
also, the 29th works for me too

If you are in the collab, and this needs addressing, we'll deal with it then. Currently, I'm not sure if any of the reserve talent will be needed.


BBS Signature
DCzerkies42
DCzerkies42
  • Member since: Dec. 1, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Animator
Response to 24hrc3 : Through The Portal Dec. 8th, 2010 @ 01:47 PM Reply

hey i downloaded the cam thing but it just looks cool to mess with lol idk how to use :P so yea good luck guys i will be watching everyday shit on here :D


Animation I want to be the Best Fucker.

BBS Signature
10JD
10JD
  • Member since: Apr. 1, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to 24hrc3 : Through The Portal Dec. 8th, 2010 @ 02:56 PM Reply

At 12/8/10 10:32 AM, RicePirate wrote: Apologies for rant, last night. I'm hungover like a dirty sponge.

yeah, u hurt my feeling something fierce. I cried last night after i read that.


Hi

RicePirate
RicePirate
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Animator
Response to 24hrc3 : Through The Portal Dec. 8th, 2010 @ 02:58 PM Reply

At 12/8/10 02:56 PM, 10JD wrote:
At 12/8/10 10:32 AM, RicePirate wrote: Apologies for rant, last night. I'm hungover like a dirty sponge.
yeah, u hurt my feeling something fierce. I cried last night after i read that.

turd.


BBS Signature
DCzerkies42
DCzerkies42
  • Member since: Dec. 1, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Animator
Response to 24hrc3 : Through The Portal Dec. 8th, 2010 @ 03:07 PM Reply

hahha boner soup :P


Animation I want to be the Best Fucker.

BBS Signature
Tyler
Tyler
  • Member since: Sep. 28, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Animator
Response to 24hrc3 : Through The Portal Dec. 8th, 2010 @ 04:19 PM Reply

At 12/8/10 01:40 PM, RicePirate wrote:
Currently, I'm not sure if any of the reserve talent will be needed.

That's slightly disappointing; is there any chance of expanding the amount of entries or no?

RicePirate
RicePirate
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Animator
Response to 24hrc3 : Through The Portal Dec. 8th, 2010 @ 04:41 PM Reply

At 12/8/10 04:19 PM, Tyler wrote:
At 12/8/10 01:40 PM, RicePirate wrote:
Currently, I'm not sure if any of the reserve talent will be needed.
That's slightly disappointing; is there any chance of expanding the amount of entries or no?

Not sure, but because of the overwhelming turnout, I may do a b-side of the event, and use all the reserve folks :) depending on whether I'm alive do it.


BBS Signature
BeamShank
BeamShank
  • Member since: Sep. 4, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Art Lover
Response to 24hrc3 : Through The Portal Dec. 8th, 2010 @ 06:20 PM Reply

Not sure, but because of the overwhelming turnout, I may do a b-side of the event, and use all the reserve folks :) depending on whether I'm alive do it.

Oooooooh, that would be neat. If you did that, then maybe you should mix the confirmed team and the reserve artists together.

funkycaveman
funkycaveman
  • Member since: Jun. 10, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Game Developer
Response to 24hrc3 : Through The Portal Dec. 8th, 2010 @ 09:22 PM Reply

Good luck RicePirate, looks like a pretty cool collab, didn't read much so I don't know what it's about :(
Nice idea having an external site. I wanted to get JoeyNukes NG collabs website up and going again, that's a long shot tho'. It got shut down a while back.

Sacros
Sacros
  • Member since: Aug. 1, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Animator
Response to 24hrc3 : Through The Portal Dec. 9th, 2010 @ 12:16 AM Reply

say captain, do you think i could go in reserve just in case you decide for the B TEAM?

i really really want to take part in this


ama gon chill

10JD
10JD
  • Member since: Apr. 1, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to 24hrc3 : Through The Portal Dec. 9th, 2010 @ 10:03 AM Reply

At 12/8/10 04:19 PM, Tyler wrote:
At 12/8/10 01:40 PM, RicePirate wrote:
Currently, I'm not sure if any of the reserve talent will be needed.
That's slightly disappointing; is there any chance of expanding the amount of entries or no?

yeahh... cause i desperately want to make a 3rd appearance.


Hi

RicePirate
RicePirate
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Animator
Response to 24hrc3 : Through The Portal Dec. 9th, 2010 @ 11:35 AM Reply

At 12/8/10 09:22 PM, funkycaveman wrote: Good luck RicePirate, looks like a pretty cool collab, didn't read much so I don't know what it's about :(
Nice idea having an external site. I wanted to get JoeyNukes NG collabs website up and going again, that's a long shot tho'. It got shut down a while back.

I may actually create an NG wordpress template. Already have most of the layout stuff (THANKS NG SITE DESIGNERS) ... though I'll probably wait for the redesign.


BBS Signature
funkycaveman
funkycaveman
  • Member since: Jun. 10, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Game Developer
Response to 24hrc3 : Through The Portal Dec. 9th, 2010 @ 12:46 PM Reply

At 12/9/10 11:35 AM, RicePirate wrote:
At 12/8/10 09:22 PM, funkycaveman wrote: Good luck RicePirate, looks like a pretty cool collab, didn't read much so I don't know what it's about :(
Nice idea having an external site. I wanted to get JoeyNukes NG collabs website up and going again, that's a long shot tho'. It got shut down a while back.
I may actually create an NG wordpress template. Already have most of the layout stuff (THANKS NG SITE DESIGNERS) ... though I'll probably wait for the redesign.

if you want any help, I can contribute stuff. www.timwatkinson.biz is my site (about 90% complete atm). Just give me a message if you want anything.