00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Breakfast-Crow just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Flowers Art*

178,931 Views | 1,013 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Flowers Art* 2014-11-14 14:34:55

At 11/13/14 03:12 PM, Cairos wrote:
At 11/13/14 09:01 AM, Flowers10 wrote: Any ideas how i can put cat influences in the gangster cats?
or dog influences in cop dogs?
I think that a design of a "gangsta cat" could make good use of vanity items. Perhaps puns on brand names. Patterns and stripes can easily be replaced by tattoos. Claw weapons or blinged up claws even? Consider dime bags of catnip.
While body types give an idea of what someone's specialty is, posture gives a clear example of someone's behavior and capabilities. A quick example of a much lower stalking stance would show that this hulking kitty can still be agile.

Dogs are the stereotypical natural enemy of our feline friends. Consider items that could help them fight against their foe. Night-vision goggles, tactical laser pointers, yarn.

Aye u have some good ideas, thank man. especially the pose to play of the character slipped away from me..
i still have the 3 dogs to draw so ill def implement it in there! Thanks!

Click on the sig!

Or my thread

BBS Signature

Response to Flowers Art* 2014-11-15 13:03:34

Trying something new..
build the base of my city in sketchup, this way i can choose the best angle+lightning :)

Flowers Art*

Click on the sig!

Or my thread

BBS Signature

Response to Flowers Art* 2014-11-16 06:15:22

Is it clear which one the upgrade is?

Flowers Art*

Click on the sig!

Or my thread

BBS Signature

Response to Flowers Art* 2014-11-16 08:17:55

At 11/16/14 06:15 AM, Flowers10 wrote: Is it clear which one the upgrade is?

The right one?

Drawin' and being trash. :3

Response to Flowers Art* 2014-11-16 08:27:01

At 11/16/14 08:17 AM, 123mine123 wrote:
At 11/16/14 06:15 AM, Flowers10 wrote: Is it clear which one the upgrade is?
The right one?

judging from ur comment i guess its not haha,
atleast u got it right. ill try and adjust it more :L
thanks!

Click on the sig!

Or my thread

BBS Signature

Response to Flowers Art* 2014-11-19 23:57:10

Click on the sig!

Or my thread

BBS Signature

Response to Flowers Art* 2014-11-20 16:07:24

At 11/19/14 11:57 PM, Flowers10 wrote: Another week another digital painting.
http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/flowers10/artic-research-facility

I think having the glasses guy in front look upwards (up the stairs he's headed) would enhance the movement of the composition, and help break the monotony between the two carrying the stretcher.

I also question the pose of the guard behind them, and the guard behind him again, and their design. In my eye one leg appears shorter than the other, the balance seems a bit awkward, and I can't make out his arms or weapon (assult rifle? silencer handgun? laser handgun? a black stick?). Also I'm not sure of the purpose of his uniform. If contact is more likely to occur outside in the snow, winter camo makes sense, in which case the body armor should maybe be white too. If contact is more likely to happen inside then darker camo makes more sense as it blends better with walls and shadows. That guard catches the eye because of the high contrast (dark wall - white uniform - dark armor), so it's important that he makes sense!

Also the guard in the far back appears very small because of the vanishing point of the wall with the NASA ensign next to the middle guard!

Nitpicky stuff that arguably isn't necessarily wrong given right context - I'm just typing down what I see!

BBS Signature

Response to Flowers Art* 2014-11-24 06:27:48

Oh man. I know it has been a while since I have checked up on your stuff. But your progress just seems completly out of this world. I am mighty impressed.

World Famous Kasper Lundsfryd Illustrations

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Flowers Art* 2014-11-25 11:57:49

At 11/22/14 09:59 AM, CodeCrunch wrote:

d to be able to do anything but I was curious if after this time you have a specific thing(s) you like/are better at? like do you prefer character stuff or vehicles? Fantasy or sci fi? etc.. Just curious.

Nah not really have a nick for anything, all i wanna do is draw. and i think u can do anything with the right amount of research. the funny thing is actually i came in wanting to paint like
a god. but ending up focussing on line art. which is good i guess since i seem to be one of the only who does that. and my teachs saying its about the design and aslong as it looks pro its good. im planning on making some tutorials once im done here. they teach some great content.

At 11/23/14 02:36 AM, CypressDahlia wrote: It's quite insane how much you've improved since you started attending FZD school. I'm blown away.

Haha, thanks man! Its kinda hard not to improve when u draw all day an night:P

At 11/24/14 06:27 AM, Lundsfryd wrote: Oh man. I know it has been a while since I have checked up on your stuff. But your progress just seems completly out of this world. I am mighty impressed.

yeah im defentily out of this world, super high off sleep deprivation xD

At 11/20/14 04:07 PM, Havegum wrote:makes sense!

Also the guard in the far back appears very small because of the vanishing point of the wall with the NASA ensign next to the middle guard!

Nitpicky stuff that arguably isn't necessarily wrong given right context - I'm just typing down what I see!

Its good man, thanks. this is whats prolly most important or actually what my teachers push us at the design..
so thanks again. i wanne touch up some things in this one.. hopefully ill get time for it :P

Here's some more stuff, still working on the small cat one..

http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/flowers10/Gangsta-catshttp://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/flowers10/Gangsta-cats1

Flowers Art*

Click on the sig!

Or my thread

BBS Signature

Response to Flowers Art* 2014-11-30 14:21:10

Final drawing..

Touching up some more sketches atm. Will post soon.

Flowers Art*

Click on the sig!

Or my thread

BBS Signature

Response to Flowers Art* 2014-11-30 15:07:26

At 12/3/10 06:56 AM, Flowers10 wrote: Hi im a 18 yo male from the Netherlands.
im studying graphic design, but im more into art.
so im going to fill this thread with my work.

Please comment on what you like, and why.
and comment on what you dont like, and why.
That would help me a great deal.

imma start this thread with a piece i just finished!

To... many... good... PICTURES

Response to Flowers Art* 2014-11-30 15:13:21

Your improvement over the past 4 years is phenomenal. Not to discount all the work and practice you've put into your work, but I think it also takes some uncommon cleverness to learn so much in such a relatively short time.

Response to Flowers Art* 2014-11-30 15:51:22

At 11/30/14 03:13 PM, SuperBastard wrote: Your improvement over the past 4 years is phenomenal. Not to discount all the work and practice you've put into your work, but I think it also takes some uncommon cleverness to learn so much in such a relatively short time.

Oh wow almost thread anniversary! time to party? nooo xD got deadlines:P

Click on the sig!

Or my thread

BBS Signature

Response to Flowers Art* 2014-11-30 16:06:55

At 11/30/14 03:51 PM, Flowers10 wrote: Oh wow almost thread anniversary! time to party? nooo xD got deadlines:P

I'll take a drink for you. I'll make a toast, even. Cheers.

Response to Flowers Art* 2015-01-03 20:44:30

Its been a while since i updated my thread.
Here's some new stuff for the cats and dogs project:
last character design:

some screenshots for the possible art direction

startup screen

Consumable items concepts

And some prop designs :D

And something unrelated to the project

Flowers Art*

Click on the sig!

Or my thread

BBS Signature

Response to Flowers Art* 2015-01-05 15:43:07

Click on the sig!

Or my thread

BBS Signature

Response to Flowers Art* 2015-01-05 20:36:22

You've developed a great deal since first reading your "Airplane" comic.
You clearly know how to show professionalism not only in your work but also in how you behave.
I hope the industry welcomes you with open arms.

Response to Flowers Art* 2015-01-06 02:30:50

Damn Flowers, you're tearing up jack! Keep it up man! Inspiring stuff, love these police dogs!

Response to Flowers Art* 2015-01-06 15:03:30

At 1/5/15 08:36 PM, Cairos wrote: You've developed a great deal since first reading your "Airplane" comic.
You clearly know how to show professionalism not only in your work but also in how you behave.
I hope the industry welcomes you with open arms.

I'd still consider my "Airplane" comic the best work i've ever done tho haha.
Thanks for the complements tho :D
Moving half way around the world alone has certainly changed me, lets hope its for the better:P
Soon ill have time again to crash this forum as much as i used to!

At 1/6/15 02:30 AM, Hyptosis wrote: Damn Flowers, you're tearing up jack! Keep it up man! Inspiring stuff, love these police dogs!

I have no idea what tearing up jack means, but i assume its positive.
so i thank u sir haha.
Hopefully i can, school is coming to an end just 3 more weeks.
its kinda weird how something which felt like it would never end is actually ending now X_X

im gonna post some sketches for my last and final project. this is all ill be working on for the next few weeks

Flowers Art*

Click on the sig!

Or my thread

BBS Signature

Response to Flowers Art* 2015-01-06 15:06:36

Trying to mix medieval with eskimo infleunce, will be doing a knight suit too

Flowers Art*

Click on the sig!

Or my thread

BBS Signature

Response to Flowers Art* 2015-01-06 15:13:14

They hunt dragon like creatures to use them as warmounts.
Because the ceatures can never be tamed, they are slain in a ritual execution which removes the wings and head maybe.
After that they are revived by the fire magicians of the goatman, enslaving them.

Flowers Art*

Click on the sig!

Or my thread

BBS Signature

Response to Flowers Art* 2015-01-06 15:19:08

Once they'd have a city on the highest mountain, closest to the sun.
tho due climate change the envirment grew cold. Their fire magic weakend, and so did their grasp over the other races.
Now the great city is lost, instead of looking up for warmth they now live mostly underground, where the soack up the heat of the planets core and underground lava rivers.

Concepts for a castle/settlement

Flowers Art*

Click on the sig!

Or my thread

BBS Signature

Response to Flowers Art* 2015-01-06 16:05:39

Final drawing for the undead fire dragon mount.
im gonna paint this since i dont have much finished paintings in my portfolio yettt.
Will do the same for the naked goatman,clothed and knight

Flowers Art*

Click on the sig!

Or my thread

BBS Signature

Response to Flowers Art* 2015-01-07 06:31:20

Designed a full dragon from the sketch above.

Click on the sig!

Or my thread

BBS Signature

Response to Flowers Art* 2015-01-07 06:33:10

forgot pic X_x

Flowers Art*

Click on the sig!

Or my thread

BBS Signature

Response to Flowers Art* 2015-01-17 05:11:50

Click on the sig!

Or my thread

BBS Signature

Response to Flowers Art* 2015-01-18 03:26:53

At 1/17/15 08:27 AM, CypressDahlia wrote: My only minor criticism is that the balance of the sitting character is off, just a tad. The way he's leaning back with his feet that close together, he would be falling backwards off the rock and to his right. Also, I can see fur rendering is something that you haven't quite nailed yet. But knowing you you'll be drawing photorealistic fur in a week with the right amount of study.

Aye thanks for the critique, I might just go back and work some more on the fur, didnt realize it sucks lol.
Same goes for the balance, if i have time atleast X_x

Anyway here's another 5 pages of colored sketches.
These are all support for the dragon rider im still working on atm

Flowers Art*

Click on the sig!

Or my thread

BBS Signature

Response to Flowers Art* 2015-01-18 13:21:52

At 1/3/15 08:44 PM, Flowers10 wrote: Its been a while since i updated my thread.
Here's some new stuff for the cats and dogs project:
last character design:
http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/flowers10/gangsta-cat2
some screenshots for the possible art direction
http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/flowers10/game-assets
startup screen

Flowers is still at it!! Great work as always, I am really digging these designs.

Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Flowers Art* 2015-01-25 09:05:18

At 1/18/15 01:21 PM, Ramatsu wrote: Flowers is still at it!! Great work as always, I am really digging these designs.

Aw thanks man, i really enjoyed working on that too!

spend a shitton of time rendering this one tho, hope it was worth it?
Critique welcome:)

Flowers Art*

Click on the sig!

Or my thread

BBS Signature

Response to Flowers Art* 2015-01-26 15:39:21

Coloring this atm..

Flowers Art*

Click on the sig!

Or my thread

BBS Signature