Be a Supporter!

Pornstars = Prostitutes (nsfw)

  • 3,239 Views
  • 71 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Cootie
Cootie
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Movie Buff
Pornstars = Prostitutes (nsfw) Dec. 1st, 2010 @ 11:47 PM Reply

I know I already made two threads today, but I am really bored and my mind is flowing like crazy.

Why aren't pornstars considered prostitutes? They have sex with men for money. That sounds like exchanging sexual favors for money doesn't it? They only difference is the camera. So, I guess I can have sex with any hooker I want as long as I film it and make her sign a contract.

I do not understand this.

Pornstars = Prostitutes (nsfw)


For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
Light
Light
  • Member since: May. 29, 2006
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Reader
Response to Pornstars = Prostitutes (nsfw) Dec. 1st, 2010 @ 11:49 PM Reply

At 12/1/10 11:47 PM, Cootie wrote: I know I already made two threads today, but I am really bored and my mind is flowing like crazy.

Why aren't pornstars considered prostitutes? They have sex with men for money. That sounds like exchanging sexual favors for money doesn't it? They only difference is the camera. So, I guess I can have sex with any hooker I want as long as I film it and make her sign a contract.

You know, my friend made an argument about this several weeks ago, and I really don't know the answer....He essentially took the same stance as you did.


I was formerly known as "Jedi-Master."

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

BBS Signature
thekingofmadness
thekingofmadness
  • Member since: Dec. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Pornstars = Prostitutes (nsfw) Dec. 1st, 2010 @ 11:51 PM Reply

Well being honest, porn is a business, and its legal, whereas being a prostitute is not. I guess they relatively are the same thing, pornstars have contracts as well, so i guess your partially right.


Xbox Live Gamertag:VeryStupid007
Feel free to hit me up

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Pornstars = Prostitutes (nsfw) Dec. 1st, 2010 @ 11:52 PM Reply

At 12/1/10 11:51 PM, thekingofmadness wrote: Well being honest, porn is a business, and its legal, whereas being a prostitute is not. I guess they relatively are the same thing, pornstars have contracts as well, so i guess your partially right.

Is selling your body not a business? It is exchanging services for money... which is what nearly every business is based on.


For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
phrozonfire
phrozonfire
  • Member since: Sep. 7, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Pornstars = Prostitutes (nsfw) Dec. 2nd, 2010 @ 12:00 AM Reply

Because $400,000 a year.


"I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." ~ Jaime Lannister

BBS Signature
thekingofmadness
thekingofmadness
  • Member since: Dec. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Pornstars = Prostitutes (nsfw) Dec. 2nd, 2010 @ 12:01 AM Reply

At 12/1/10 11:52 PM, Cootie wrote:
At 12/1/10 11:51 PM, thekingofmadness wrote: Well being honest, porn is a business, and its legal, whereas being a prostitute is not. I guess they relatively are the same thing, pornstars have contracts as well, so i guess your partially right.
Is selling your body not a business? It is exchanging services for money... which is what nearly every business is based on.

You truly make a great point, and i certainly understand where your coming from, but there are for sure differences. For example, like stated by me earlier, prostitution is illegal, and individual people pay for their services whereas pornstars are employed by a company typically. Porn is all a legitimate business in the U.S. Not to say that prostitution wouldn't be. Now that i really think about it, I don't understand why prostitution is illegal. They have an age limit on porn, but i suppose that could also be enforced towars prostitution. But then again, prostitution could also be illegal because of the bad things that come with it. A lot of gun fights and other negative effects come from prostitution, but my stance on this issue leans more toward yours.


Xbox Live Gamertag:VeryStupid007
Feel free to hit me up

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Pornstars = Prostitutes (nsfw) Dec. 2nd, 2010 @ 12:02 AM Reply

At 12/2/10 12:00 AM, phrozonfire wrote: Because $400,000 a year.

High-end prostitutes can make you spend upwards of $10,000 per night with them. They showed one on TV but her face was blurred out. She didn't mind her job because it made her rich as fuck.


For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
joethesouleater
joethesouleater
  • Member since: Sep. 14, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Musician
Response to Pornstars = Prostitutes (nsfw) Dec. 2nd, 2010 @ 12:05 AM Reply

people in the porn industry get payed by a company, not an individual (already stated) and porn is legal mostly because the people who are in the porn are required to get checked for STD's before fillming anything, prostitutes dont, this could inffect others which is partially why its illegal.


BBS Signature
SymbolCymbal
SymbolCymbal
  • Member since: May. 14, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Musician
Response to Pornstars = Prostitutes (nsfw) Dec. 2nd, 2010 @ 12:07 AM Reply

its just funny that its illegal to sell something that is perfectly legal to give away for free

Chumbawamba
Chumbawamba
  • Member since: Aug. 13, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 48
Audiophile
Response to Pornstars = Prostitutes (nsfw) Dec. 2nd, 2010 @ 12:11 AM Reply

At 12/2/10 12:07 AM, SymbolCymbal wrote: its just funny that its illegal to sell something that is perfectly legal to give away for free

it's just how sex should be, man. FreeEEEeeEeeEeEe


BBS Signature
Razz
Razz
  • Member since: Oct. 29, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Pornstars = Prostitutes (nsfw) Dec. 2nd, 2010 @ 12:12 AM Reply

Prostitutes last one moment. Porn stars can reflect on their work decades later.


BBS Signature
Jercurpac
Jercurpac
  • Member since: Apr. 13, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Melancholy
Response to Pornstars = Prostitutes (nsfw) Dec. 2nd, 2010 @ 12:25 AM Reply

Because the actors in porn have to pay taxes on the money they receive. If the government gets to stick their hands in it (no pun intended) it's not prostitution.


Happy with what you have to be happy with
you have to be happy with what you have
to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature
Dosensuppen
Dosensuppen
  • Member since: Dec. 29, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Animator
Response to Pornstars = Prostitutes (nsfw) Dec. 2nd, 2010 @ 12:27 AM Reply

Well, as much as I say prostitution should be legal, if contained, I think the reasoning is:

Porn Stars get regular checking for STD and usually only fuck a certain amount of people who are also clean (Porn stars) and their boyfriend, husband, girlfriend, or wife.

Prostitutes who work in brothels, like certain cities in Nevada, are also clean. They too get regular checking and make a lot of money. So, it's contained.

Plus, brothels and porn businesses likely pay a tax, but hey, I'm not sure.

Street prostitutes are not as safe. They don't get regular testing, so they can spread an STD around like wildfire. And they don't pay tax for their services.


"Soup actually isn't a spam crew ... Except for Narcissy, that guy sucks." - ih8dude

BBS Signature
Ryanson
Ryanson
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Musician
Response to Pornstars = Prostitutes (nsfw) Dec. 2nd, 2010 @ 12:28 AM Reply

Porn is sex by "actors" on film. That was the argument made to differentiate them I believe.


Life is a performance, and the world is full of critics. Give it your all like it's your last show.
You don't even want to know

BBS Signature
SpiffyMasta
SpiffyMasta
  • Member since: Mar. 21, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to Pornstars = Prostitutes (nsfw) Dec. 2nd, 2010 @ 12:47 AM Reply

At 12/2/10 12:05 AM, joethesouleater wrote: people in the porn industry get payed by a company, not an individual (already stated) and porn is legal mostly because the people who are in the porn are required to get checked for STD's before fillming anything, prostitutes dont, this could inffect others which is partially why its illegal.

If I pay you myself out of my pocket to have sex with me on camera and I sell the tape, is it not called porn?

The second part of your argument is complete nonsense. Prostitution isn't illegal because prostitutes don't get checked for STDs. If it was made legal you could regulate that and force businesses to check their workers, just like the porn industry does.

At 12/2/10 12:07 AM, SymbolCymbal wrote: its just funny that its illegal to sell something that is perfectly legal to give away for free

Which is the basis of why prostitution should be legal. We don't live in a 19th or early 20th century world dominated by puritanic religion anymore, sex isn't taboo it's everywhere, but people still hold that stigma true for some weird reason.

At 12/2/10 12:12 AM, JoeMation wrote: Prostitutes last one moment. Porn stars can reflect on their work decades later.

So the difference between a prostitute and a prostitute who has sex on camera is that the one that has sex on camera can look at it later or have other people look at it later?

Sounds like a very defining difference there. Maybe I should pay a prostitute to have sex with me in front of other people.

Cause the fact that it's the same act, just that it's filmed doesn't make it very different.

At 12/2/10 12:25 AM, Jercurpac wrote: Because the actors in porn have to pay taxes on the money they receive. If the government gets to stick their hands in it (no pun intended) it's not prostitution.

So if you make prostitution legal and the government taxes prostitutes, do you not call them prostitutes anymore?

At 12/2/10 12:27 AM, Narcissy wrote: Plus, brothels and porn businesses likely pay a tax, but hey, I'm not sure.

Actually I highly doubt there's a porn tax to be honest. Don't know why there should be.

Street prostitutes are not as safe. They don't get regular testing, so they can spread an STD around like wildfire. And they don't pay tax for their services.

Same with low budget or home made porn.

At 12/2/10 12:28 AM, ryanson209 wrote: Porn is sex by "actors" on film. That was the argument made to differentiate them I believe.

So if I have sex with my girlfriend on camera do you not call that porn?

Zerok
Zerok
  • Member since: Mar. 27, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 34
Writer
Response to Pornstars = Prostitutes (nsfw) Dec. 2nd, 2010 @ 12:49 AM Reply

Where exactly have you heard that porn actors do not fall under the prostitution category?

I never thought that that technicality was disputed.


Zerok blog: PM me if you like music | My (retired) webcomic: Pizza For Guys

Blue-Dolphin
Blue-Dolphin
  • Member since: Dec. 3, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Pornstars = Prostitutes (nsfw) Dec. 2nd, 2010 @ 12:50 AM Reply

At 12/1/10 11:47 PM, Cootie wrote: So, I guess I can have sex with any hooker I want as long as I film it and make her sign a contract.

Time to take this to the Oval Office.

Dosensuppen
Dosensuppen
  • Member since: Dec. 29, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Animator
Response to Pornstars = Prostitutes (nsfw) Dec. 2nd, 2010 @ 12:59 AM Reply

At 12/2/10 12:47 AM, SpiffyMasta wrote: Actually I highly doubt there's a porn tax to be honest. Don't know why there should be.

Well, I say if porn is a business, then they should pay taxes like any other business.

But, shit, I'm highly uneducated in politics and economics, I barely know what I'm talking about. So my argument needs to be tossed out the window.


"Soup actually isn't a spam crew ... Except for Narcissy, that guy sucks." - ih8dude

BBS Signature
Comrade
Comrade
  • Member since: Oct. 6, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Artist
Response to Pornstars = Prostitutes (nsfw) Dec. 2nd, 2010 @ 01:15 AM Reply

It's consensual for both, and they're not soliciting for sex, it's been planned out and it's a business,

Cootie
Cootie
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Pornstars = Prostitutes (nsfw) Dec. 2nd, 2010 @ 01:15 AM Reply

At 12/2/10 12:49 AM, Zerok wrote: Where exactly have you heard that porn actors do not fall under the prostitution category?

I never thought that that technicality was disputed.

Well, if they were prostitutes wouldn't they be arrested. The proof of them is on the film for goodness sake. Making porn defiantly isn't illegal while for some ignorant reason prostitution is.


For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
Falonefal
Falonefal
  • Member since: May. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Filmmaker
Response to Pornstars = Prostitutes (nsfw) Dec. 2nd, 2010 @ 01:17 AM Reply

THE FUCK?! I didn't know bitches made that kind of money.

Son of a whore, WHERE IS MY GOD NOW?!?!?!?


Tick Tock

BBS Signature
Dosensuppen
Dosensuppen
  • Member since: Dec. 29, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Animator
Response to Pornstars = Prostitutes (nsfw) Dec. 2nd, 2010 @ 01:19 AM Reply

At 12/2/10 01:15 AM, Cootie wrote: while for some ignorant reason prostitution is.

I think the main argument is that street prostitution isn't planned or control. The hookers get treated like shit, and they can spread STDs like wildfire, as stated above.

Now, brothels tend to be very different, at least in the US.

Prostitution, brothel wise, wouldn't be so bad if they legalized it and put many laws on it - mostly Health Regulation.


"Soup actually isn't a spam crew ... Except for Narcissy, that guy sucks." - ih8dude

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Pornstars = Prostitutes (nsfw) Dec. 2nd, 2010 @ 01:23 AM Reply

At 12/2/10 01:19 AM, Narcissy wrote:
At 12/2/10 01:15 AM, Cootie wrote: while for some ignorant reason prostitution is.
I think the main argument is that street prostitution isn't planned or control. The hookers get treated like shit, and they can spread STDs like wildfire, as stated above.

If prostitution wasn't illegal it could be run like a business and the prostitutes wouldn't have to work in dark alleys to avoid the cops. It could actually be run very much like porn.

Wasting tax money by keeping hookers in jail.


For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
Ryanson
Ryanson
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Musician
Response to Pornstars = Prostitutes (nsfw) Dec. 2nd, 2010 @ 01:23 AM Reply

At 12/2/10 12:47 AM, SpiffyMasta wrote: So if I have sex with my girlfriend on camera do you not call that porn?

Yeah, you two are the actors in said pornographic film.


Life is a performance, and the world is full of critics. Give it your all like it's your last show.
You don't even want to know

BBS Signature
DarkMatter
DarkMatter
  • Member since: Sep. 12, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Animator
Response to Pornstars = Prostitutes (nsfw) Dec. 2nd, 2010 @ 01:31 AM Reply

At 12/2/10 12:05 AM, joethesouleater wrote: people in the porn industry get payed by a company, not an individual (already stated) and porn is legal mostly because the people who are in the porn are required to get checked for STD's before fillming anything, prostitutes dont, this could inffect others which is partially why its illegal.

which is the sad idiotic truth of it all. It's the reason and the paradox.

Many countries in Europe have legal prostitution, where the prostitutes have to legally get checked for STDs and diseases, and if they don't pass, they can't work as a prostitute.

So the reason why prostitution is illegal is the reason why it should be legal. strange huh?


WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO THAT DUDE WITH THE RED HAT BROWN TRENCH COAT AND SHOTGUN?!?! I miss the old ASSASSIN days. Click Me

BBS Signature
Dosensuppen
Dosensuppen
  • Member since: Dec. 29, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Animator
Response to Pornstars = Prostitutes (nsfw) Dec. 2nd, 2010 @ 01:33 AM Reply

At 12/2/10 01:23 AM, Cootie wrote: If prostitution wasn't illegal it could be run like a business and the prostitutes wouldn't have to work in dark alleys to avoid the cops. It could actually be run very much like porn.

Exactly, in brothels with regular heath management.

Street hookers all around no good.


"Soup actually isn't a spam crew ... Except for Narcissy, that guy sucks." - ih8dude

BBS Signature
Kevin
Kevin
  • Member since: Jan. 5, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to Pornstars = Prostitutes (nsfw) Dec. 2nd, 2010 @ 01:34 AM Reply

Porn = taxed

Prostitution = Nope

I think... I dunno, I just like nekkid gurls.

BBS Signature
Falonefal
Falonefal
  • Member since: May. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Filmmaker
Response to Pornstars = Prostitutes (nsfw) Dec. 2nd, 2010 @ 01:39 AM Reply

Fuck prostitutes.


Tick Tock

BBS Signature
SpiffyMasta
SpiffyMasta
  • Member since: Mar. 21, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to Pornstars = Prostitutes (nsfw) Dec. 2nd, 2010 @ 01:50 AM Reply

At 12/2/10 12:59 AM, Narcissy wrote:
At 12/2/10 12:47 AM, SpiffyMasta wrote: Actually I highly doubt there's a porn tax to be honest. Don't know why there should be.
Well, I say if porn is a business, then they should pay taxes like any other business.

But, shit, I'm highly uneducated in politics and economics, I barely know what I'm talking about. So my argument needs to be tossed out the window.

Yea of course they are taxed like any other business. I thought you were talking about some sort of special extra tax they might have.

At 12/2/10 01:06 AM, Xarnor wrote: Prostitution is much different than porn.
I'm sure there are plenty more reasons, but I'm just a dumb kid and I don't know what I'm talking about, I'm just making assumptions D:

I think cootie was looking at the act in itself, not what surrounds it. If you isolate it, per se, because if prostitution was legalized you could control it just like the porn industry. Get it? ;)

At 12/2/10 01:15 AM, Cootie wrote:
At 12/2/10 12:49 AM, Zerok wrote: Where exactly have you heard that porn actors do not fall under the prostitution category?

I never thought that that technicality was disputed.
Well, if they were prostitutes wouldn't they be arrested. The proof of them is on the film for goodness sake. Making porn defiantly isn't illegal while for some ignorant reason prostitution is.

Your honor, I would like to present this evidence to the jury today.

I think the conclusion is to go looking for prostitutes, but ask them if they want to get paid so you can film them having sex. If I pay a prostitute and I film her and me having sex, I guess it's legal.

At 12/2/10 01:23 AM, ryanson209 wrote:
At 12/2/10 12:47 AM, SpiffyMasta wrote: So if I have sex with my girlfriend on camera do you not call that porn?
Yeah, you two are the actors in said pornographic film.

So you were saying the only difference between porn and prostitution is the camera, which stays in line with the whole thing that there is basically no difference between porn and prostitution lol.

At 12/2/10 01:34 AM, Kevin wrote: Porn = taxed

Prostitution = Nope

I think... I dunno, I just like nekkid gurls.

Well then let's legalize it and tax it :)

TimeBender
TimeBender
  • Member since: Nov. 19, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Pornstars = Prostitutes (nsfw) Dec. 2nd, 2010 @ 01:55 AM Reply

Because cootie, i don't know where you where when they where passing out the common sense but we don't live in a world full of intellectually moral spirits.

honestly i didnt mean to offend you i just like that dr cox joke so much