Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 51
Audiophile
Response to Hunting: Yes or No? Feb. 16th, 2011 @ 01:48 AM Reply

At 2/16/11 01:38 AM, Gobblemeister wrote:
I don't want to step on anybody's toes here but I don't see how the practices of farms are relevant to hunting.

Ok, Fox Hunting. Bear Traps. Snares. Even shooting but failing to bring the animal down, leaving it to run away wounded isn't exactly humane I suppose. I'm sure there are other devices or methods used which aren't exactly in the animals best interest either, just the humans.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
Gobblemeister
Gobblemeister
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to Hunting: Yes or No? Feb. 16th, 2011 @ 01:48 AM Reply

At 2/16/11 01:47 AM, kikomannnn wrote:
At 2/16/11 01:38 AM, Gobblemeister wrote:
At 2/16/11 01:29 AM, Gagsy wrote:
At 2/16/11 01:02 AM, Cootie wrote:
Cootie said "you make it sound like human's are blood thirsty" and she was giving examples of how they are, the rest of your post is irrelevant.

Then that would mean the thread was diverging into largely irrelevant territory in the first place

Therefore my post was relevant to the actual topic, which is hunting

Arthuria99
Arthuria99
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Game Developer
Response to Hunting: Yes or No? Feb. 16th, 2011 @ 01:54 AM Reply

Animals do have souls!

Coming Soon :
Wave Warrior Sonic EXE 3: Garnet Version
DeviantArtPage --- Facebook ---My Youtube

BBS Signature
aListers
aListers
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 14
Gamer
Response to Hunting: Yes or No? Feb. 16th, 2011 @ 02:32 AM Reply

I view animals and humans as living creatures so I'm not for it like wade is. I am for it though. I heard that hunting in africa has stopped species going extinct because some animals are brought up for hunting. People hunting the animals for trophys I think is wrong because you're killing somthing just to hang it on your wall. Hunting for food has been done since the start of humans so It's ok. Even animals do it. We need to eat and we are just having fun getting the animal ,Who has been brought up better than some livestock, and then eating it. I see no problems.

???-2004?=dark ages, 2005?=atomic betty era, 2006=red dwarf era, 2007-2009=newgrounds era, 2009-on= anime era.
What have I done with my life?
clock crew

BBS Signature
Halberd
Halberd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Hunting: Yes or No? Feb. 16th, 2011 @ 05:06 AM Reply

Hunting for sport is a stupid thing to do unless the animal is overpopulating or is a menace (fucking cane toads, fucking rabbits, fucking super br33ding deer)

Heretic-Anchorite
Heretic-Anchorite
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Hunting: Yes or No? Feb. 16th, 2011 @ 06:47 AM Reply

Killing to feed in unavoidable, even if you are a vegetarian.

you are still, on a cellular level killing to feed, you may say But the plant as a whole is still alive" but you are simply grandeurizing to forget that you still kill on the cellular, individual level.

that's why I respect the animals, and plants I eat, by eating by need, not want, and by not wasting any of it.

I don't hunt, because their is already enough "pre-hunted" at the store,

BBS Signature
IncendiaryProduction
IncendiaryProduction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Game Developer
Response to Hunting: Yes or No? Feb. 16th, 2011 @ 07:56 AM Reply

At 2/16/11 01:12 AM, MercatorMapV2 wrote: Squirrels make good stew.

8 a day. No seasons. No tags.

I love squirrel hunting.

A merry heart does good like a medicine; but a broken spirit dries the bones. Proverbs 17:22
"It's not gay because we're bros." - Gobblemeister

BBS Signature
Gimmick
Gimmick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Game Developer
Response to Hunting: Yes or No? Feb. 16th, 2011 @ 08:38 AM Reply

hunting's bad, but it is okay if there are too (emphasis on too) many animals lying around, and you kill a few

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

BBS Signature
blackattackbitch
blackattackbitch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Hunting: Yes or No? Feb. 16th, 2011 @ 11:09 AM Reply

Hey vegetarians and vegans!

We are all multicellular organisms, right? Even single-celled organisms will destroy or consume other organisms to live. It is the way of nature. We require each other for survival. By denying that, you are denying your own nature as a single-celled organism. By extension, you are denying nature itself.

When you eat other organisms, think of it as absorbing their cells and making it a part of you. They don't really "die", they just get broken down into their basic components, some of which you absorb and some of it getting distributed across your local environment (we call it waste, but that waste helps other creatures survive too, even when it's just sitting inside of a septic tank.

In short, consume your brothers(animals) and absorb their essence. You evolved for that single purpose.

IncendiaryProduction
IncendiaryProduction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Game Developer
Response to Hunting: Yes or No? Feb. 16th, 2011 @ 11:14 AM Reply

At 2/16/11 08:38 AM, sanjeev98 wrote: hunting's bad,

I think we have already established that it's not, but you should at least provide some sort of argument to back up such a claim.

but it is okay if there are too (emphasis on too) many animals lying around, and you kill a few

Too bad that is retarded. You kill as many as you have to, to keep the population in check.

A merry heart does good like a medicine; but a broken spirit dries the bones. Proverbs 17:22

BBS Signature
Richard
Richard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Animator
Response to Hunting: Yes or No? Feb. 16th, 2011 @ 11:14 AM Reply

At 2/16/11 06:47 AM, Heretic-Anchorite wrote: Killing to feed in unavoidable, even if you are a vegetarian.

you are still, on a cellular level killing to feed, you may say But the plant as a whole is still alive" but you are simply grandeurizing to forget that you still kill on the cellular, individual level.

that's why I respect the animals, and plants I eat, by eating by need, not want, and by not wasting any of it.

I don't hunt, because their is already enough "pre-hunted" at the store,

Bullet = .50 cents

Rifle = 300 bucks

Log of 5 pounds of ground beef 6 dollars.

See how fast that rifle starts saving you money. Not everyone can afford to go to walmart and spend stupid amounts of cash only meat.

A coat of gold, a coat of red, a lion still has claws...

Steff
Steff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Hunting: Yes or No? Feb. 16th, 2011 @ 11:21 AM Reply

Why are asking "Yes or No"? Like the answers in this thread will affect anything...

BBS Signature
SkeletonGimp
SkeletonGimp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Hunting: Yes or No? Feb. 16th, 2011 @ 12:13 PM Reply

I approve of certain types of hunting, namely:

Fishing where fish are caught and released, the actual harm done by sensible fishermen is usually minimal to the fish's well being.

Trapless sport hunting, as in not using traps and instead shooting to kill. Carcass must be used up as much as possible, i.e sell as many parts of the body as possible, finding uses for the remainder to reduce waste. I also feel sport and pest control hunting of any kind (ie, hunting for reasons other then food requirements) should be licenced, regardless of animal, so that populations can be managed and protected from over hunting. Biggest risk to most animals is over hunting due to lack of legal control, there are exceptions where poaching is lucrative if you get away with it. Even in the case of massive rabbit populations, it shouldn't be 'free game' till a low population becomes a problem.

Natural hunting, where animals are hunted for genuine food requirements of (such as indigenous peoples hunting boar in the Amazon, or outdoor survival situations)

Licenced large scale hunting for food trade, such as with fish or wild deer in some countries, again this should be licenced and legally controlled to manage populations. Fishermen have no problems with stock management, they want fish around for future generations otherwise how will they and their sons/grandsons make money in years to come?

I do not believe, under any circumstances, in the following hunting:

Trophy hunting: Killing an animal simply to take a photo, maybe take the head to mount on wall, and leave body to rot in the wild. 'Wastefull' hunting also falls under this where a small part of the carcass is used and the rest wasted/disposed. Whale hunting for scientific purposes in some situations, where a few organs are taken and the rest of the body is simply discarded, is a prime example of this kind of wastefull hunting.

Trap sport hunting: By this, I mean people 'sport hunting' and using traps to catch an animal rather then primary tool (gun/rod etc). There's little skill involved in this compared to shooting/spearing/catching with rod, with exception to ingenious traps using natural reasources by indeginous peoples. Trap hunting for food is fine, so long as it is either 'natural hunting' for your own, or your close community's food requirements, or the practice is legal and ethical in licenced hunting.

Illegal/Unlicensed hunting forms: Anything involving outlawed hunting practices, poaching or unlicensed hunting (As said, I think all hunting outside of indeginous food gathering should be licenced)

wehrmacht5
wehrmacht5
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Hunting: Yes or No? Feb. 16th, 2011 @ 12:15 PM Reply

hunting is way more than just shooting animals and eat them.

Know that hunters often shoot those who look weak and ill.
That way they ensure a healthy and better population.
Hunting has changed a lot.

I'm for hunting the way it is now.
except the licenses are a bit too expensive to attract younger people.

a day without blood is like a day without sunshine!

IncendiaryProduction
IncendiaryProduction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Game Developer
Response to Hunting: Yes or No? Feb. 16th, 2011 @ 12:20 PM Reply

At 2/16/11 12:15 PM, wehrmacht5 wrote: hunting is way more than just shooting animals and eat them.

Tis true.

Know that hunters often shoot those who look weak and ill.

I don't. I want a good one, not a broken one.

Hunting has changed a lot.

True.

I'm for hunting the way it is now.

Good for you.

except the licenses are a bit too expensive to attract younger people.

They're free if you are under 16. At least that's how it is in my state.

BBS Signature
SkeletonGimp
SkeletonGimp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Hunting: Yes or No? Feb. 16th, 2011 @ 12:24 PM Reply

As I said, I see no problem with sport hunting so long as traps aren't used (traps are for pussies, and a lot of them are actually quite cruel) and the carcass is used as effeciently as possible.

Got a licence and stocks are high enough to allow hunting? Know how you're going to use the carcass/how much of it you can sell and/or eat? Go for it! Hunting is enjoyable and a perfectly valid past time when done correctly.

Lagerkapo
Lagerkapo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Writer
Response to Hunting: Yes or No? Feb. 16th, 2011 @ 01:27 PM Reply

As long as you use as much of the animal as possible and respect its spirit you're ok.

One would do well to take into consideration the balance of the ecosystem they're affecting as well. For instance, prarie dogs are sometimes a problem around here so people are encouraged to hunt the hell out of them lest they overpopulate, whereas hunting wolves, which are a popular game for some, tends to be frowned upon because we've thinned their populations so much.

It's a matter of context.

NGMartial Arts Club Are you Man...
MUSIC | or a little, dying cosmic whore...
Speak with your actions, come from your core.

BBS Signature
MrPercie
MrPercie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Hunting: Yes or No? Feb. 16th, 2011 @ 01:30 PM Reply

come on guys let go hunt us some pandas

BBS Signature
Phantox
Phantox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Hunting: Yes or No? Feb. 16th, 2011 @ 01:48 PM Reply

I agree with OP's post

OP, if that is your kill, congratulations. That's amazing

I'm not racist, sexist, or hateful. I'm just factual.
Ron Paul 2012
|Free Hentai|

BBS Signature
kazumazkan
kazumazkan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Melancholy
Response to Hunting: Yes or No? Feb. 22nd, 2011 @ 09:28 AM Reply

hunting is good to keep certain wild animals at a low population like boars deer elk etc

boars eat any thing find and they ruin crops

deer and elk i forgot happens when they over populated
and any other animal that over populate can harm our envoirment
so yes kinda

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?
was her name tenneassi
omtish

BBS Signature
tweeety
tweeety
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Hunting: Yes or No? Feb. 22nd, 2011 @ 09:36 AM Reply

YOU KILLED WINNIE THE POO! I'LL NEVER FORGIVE YOU FOR THIS!!!!!

IncendiaryProduction
IncendiaryProduction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Game Developer
Response to Hunting: Yes or No? Feb. 22nd, 2011 @ 03:06 PM Reply

At 2/22/11 09:36 AM, tweeety wrote: YOU KILLED WINNIE THE POO! I'LL NEVER FORGIVE YOU FOR THIS!!!!!

But now with Winnie out of the way, there is enough food for tiger and whatever the fuck the rest of them are.

BBS Signature
slayer727
slayer727
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Hunting: Yes or No? Feb. 22nd, 2011 @ 05:35 PM Reply

I might hunt sometime. Half my family (on my dads side) are all hunters and every time I visit relatives I almost have to eat rabbit and what not, so, I'd be Ok with it.

BBS Signature
hazukidojo98
hazukidojo98
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Hunting: Yes or No? Feb. 22nd, 2011 @ 05:52 PM Reply

I personally don't hunt, because I personally don't own a gun [or crossbow, or whatever]. I don't think hunting is bad, because it's like saying that all sex is bad and that you should become some kind of eunuch.

"If you think things are bad now wait until Congress tries to fix it."
-David Carradine in 2005

OtakuMaster2k11
OtakuMaster2k11
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Hunting: Yes or No? Feb. 22nd, 2011 @ 06:03 PM Reply

that depends... if you hunt just for game or if you hunt to eat make a special dinner or something like that in my point of view hunting is only wrong if you do it for pure fun and no actual important reason '-'

BBS Signature
LoliTastic
LoliTastic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Hunting: Yes or No? Feb. 22nd, 2011 @ 06:34 PM Reply

I've always wanted to go hunting seems fun. But it's a bit hard in NYC, unless you wanna hunt some illegal immigrants or hipsters

Pretty Cool Youtube Channel
"I have a theory that every conversation, if allowed to continue long enough, will eventually contain a Monty Python reference."-Cleverbot

BBS Signature
IncendiaryProduction
IncendiaryProduction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Game Developer
Response to Hunting: Yes or No? Feb. 22nd, 2011 @ 07:16 PM Reply

At 2/22/11 06:34 PM, LoliTastic wrote: I've always wanted to go hunting seems fun. But it's a bit hard in NYC, unless you wanna hunt some illegal immigrants or hipsters

You could just go upstate. Seems like there would be a lot of good hunting grounds up there.

BBS Signature
Pride
Pride
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Hunting: Yes or No? Feb. 22nd, 2011 @ 07:33 PM Reply

Weird, I've only heard of people who hate hunting (but they are generally hippies/retards) but met very few of them. Hunting has been necessary since the dawn of mankind and is still necessary today, without hunting how the hell would early man have been able to get meat to feed their families and survive (yes, there were also gatherers). I myself occasionally go hunting about twice a year and there is nothing wrong with it as long as you're not like some crazy poacher or hunting endangered animals. I do believe though that if you aren't actually hunting mainly for animal's meat (i.e. just going solely for the purpose of killing something) than yeah that's stupid and you're going for the wrong reason. My point being hunting within moderation is perfectly acceptable (anyone who thinks otherwise is probably just an annoying vegetarian lol).

Im not saying vegetarians in general are bad, just the one's who constantly criticize you're choices and won't leave you alone (sigh)....
joshnb1
joshnb1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Hunting: Yes or No? Feb. 24th, 2011 @ 03:55 AM Reply

all you pussy's need to harden the fuck up
if you do it right, hunting gives you skills for life.
people have always killed just for the heck of it
get over it

i wish i had a cool sig.... D:

IncendiaryProduction
IncendiaryProduction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Game Developer
Response to Hunting: Yes or No? Feb. 24th, 2011 @ 03:02 PM Reply

At 2/24/11 03:55 AM, joshnb1 wrote: all you pussy's need to harden the fuck up

Possessive noun =/= plural noun.

if you do it right, hunting gives you skills for life.

I guess.

people have always killed just for the heck of it

Yes, but I don't see what this has to do with the argument.

get over it

Periods and capitalization are cool.

BBS Signature