Freaki-boy92
Freaki-boy92
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to I'm British, Not European Nov. 29th, 2010 @ 05:49 PM Reply

At 11/29/10 03:38 PM, Wolfos wrote:
At 11/29/10 03:37 PM, elcriz000 wrote: seconded. also the pound is worth more than the Euro, and it properly will always be that way.
The pound is going down in value, Britains economic recession might not have been as bad if they would have also had the Euro.

try telling that to the Irish or the Greeks.

RDSchley
RDSchley
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to I'm British, Not European Nov. 29th, 2010 @ 05:50 PM Reply

As long as you don't tax my tea or burn down my capital, I'll call you whatever you want.. just not 'motherland'

It is ok to make fun of America. But if you make fun of any other country in a vague or joking way you get banned.

KittehAnims
KittehAnims
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to I'm British, Not European Nov. 29th, 2010 @ 05:53 PM Reply

Just call me whatever, yo. I'll correct you when you get it wrong.

Crayzorder
Crayzorder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to I'm British, Not European Nov. 29th, 2010 @ 05:56 PM Reply

You live in Europe, therefore you are a European unless youre travelling or a immigrant.

- Can people refer to you in a way that might annoy you? (e.g. calling a Canadian an American)

Canada and America are both seperate countries, not a country and a continent. Someone calling me a Canadian would just be fucking retarded; and probably would annoy me because they are geographically challenged. Someone calling me a North American would not though, seeing as though I am because I live in the continent of North America.

TehReviewDude
TehReviewDude
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to I'm British, Not European Nov. 30th, 2010 @ 04:15 PM Reply

At 11/30/10 04:12 PM, Dr4GonFLy wrote: This is fucking ridiculous..

Yup. But back on topic.

I'm British/English and I don't consider myself European, but I don't get massively offended if someone calls me that. Just a generisation that can't be avoided.

RockLou
RockLou
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to I'm British, Not European Nov. 30th, 2010 @ 04:37 PM Reply

I'm Swedish, which makes me closet-European.

Play my epic rpg NAO - The Awakening

... but I'm legally obligated not to say that.

BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Audiophile
Response to I'm British, Not European Nov. 30th, 2010 @ 04:55 PM Reply

At 11/29/10 03:42 PM, Gagsy wrote:
At 11/29/10 03:40 PM, Gagsy wrote: Rueo.
No idea how I spelt that wrong.

damn i came in here expecting nothing but drama and now i cant stop giggling

Haggard
Haggard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Writer
Response to I'm British, Not European Nov. 30th, 2010 @ 04:56 PM Reply

At 11/29/10 03:23 PM, Dean wrote: People from 'Europe':
- Would you rather be known as a European, or named after your country? (e.g. German/French)

I don't care that much, to be honest. I live in a european country, so it's not wrong to call me "european", even though I think that the differences between the single countries in europe are pretty big; ie a person living in Spain has a totally different cultural background than someone living in Norway; I don't think the same holds true for the US, like someone from California doesn't have that much of a different cultural background than someone living in New England. I might be wrong here, though.
Anyway, I still don't have a problem with being called "European".

- Do you consider the British to be Europeans?

Yes. The UK belongs to Europe, so british people are european.

People from elsewhere:
- Can people refer to you in a way that might annoy you? (e.g. calling a Canadian an American)

I am bothered by canadians who are bothered to be called "american", lol. "America" is the continent they come from. "America" doesn't mean "The United States of America" even though it is often used synonymicly, but "America" describes the whole continent with all it's countries.

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38 || Review Request Club || NG Logs || METAL-ABC (Last update: 04. March 2012)

Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Audiophile
Response to I'm British, Not European Nov. 30th, 2010 @ 05:30 PM Reply

At 11/30/10 04:55 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:

:(

I'm glad I'm useful for something.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
yonokowhat
yonokowhat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to I'm British, Not European Nov. 30th, 2010 @ 05:33 PM Reply

If europes militarys joined together and jointly funded together into one big army with new branchs of special forces and became hostile to US military and their was an instance when EU special forces fought US special forces in vietnam over arabian whal oil to sell to zambia from congo terroists, do you think that that that guy should not smke some fucking mary because your lame

"let's throw the babies into the air and catch them with our bayonets, whoever catches the most wins!"

Light
Light
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Reader
Response to I'm British, Not European Nov. 30th, 2010 @ 06:05 PM Reply

At 11/29/10 03:23 PM, Dean wrote: Personally, I hate it when someone refers to me as a European. The way I see it, when someone talks about a 'European' I think they're referring to people from countries like Spain, France, German etc. But every now and again I see someone use the term 'European' when they are referring only to people from Britain.

The term is still correct in that context.

People from elsewhere:
- Do you consider/refer to the British as being European?

I do consider them to be European, although I won't refer to them as such. I'll call them Brits, or Englishmen, or whatever.

I was formerly known as "Jedi-Master."

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

BBS Signature
BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Audiophile
Response to I'm British, Not European Nov. 30th, 2010 @ 07:21 PM Reply

At 11/30/10 05:30 PM, Gagsy wrote:
At 11/30/10 04:55 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:
(
I'm glad I'm useful for something.

it sounds like a japanese person trying to imitate scooby doo saying my name

Andersson
Andersson
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Blank Slate
Response to I'm British, Not European Nov. 30th, 2010 @ 07:22 PM Reply

At 11/29/10 03:23 PM, Dean wrote: Personally, I hate it when someone refers to me as a European. The way I see it, when someone talks about a 'European' I think they're referring to people from countries like Spain, France, German etc. But every now and again I see someone use the term 'European' when they are referring only to people from Britain.

Yep. Europe to me is more like: France, Italy and all those other little shitholes in the middle.

People from 'Europe':
- Would you rather be known as a European, or named after your country? (e.g. German/French)

I'm from Sweden, not from Switzerland. I prefer being called a Swede, because there's a huge difference between different European countries and their citizens.

- Do you consider the British to be Europeans?

Of course, but I don't refer to a Brit as a European, I call you British - although that's of course since I too am from a European country. I can see why people from out of the continent would call all Europeans Europeans. Mainly because the 'people' we're generally speaking of are from the US, and they seem to think Iraq is where Australia is. ;)

k6ka
k6ka
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to I'm British, Not European Nov. 30th, 2010 @ 07:26 PM Reply

This seems to be the only proper way to fix questions...

At 11/29/10 03:23 PM, Dean wrote: People from elsewhere:
- Do you consider/refer to the British as being European?

Yes.

Yes. I'm Canadian, not American, and so that's why I dislike being called "American" or more offensively, a "Canadian bitch" or a "Canadia-Jerkass". If someone calls me (Or any Canadian), I'll feed them a knuckle sandwich.

At 11/29/10 03:25 PM, Piss wrote: i class all europeans as european

i dont have enough national pride to care about being called american rather than canadian

You're one of the people who don't really care about what country you are living in.

Damien
Damien
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Artist
Response to I'm British, Not European Nov. 30th, 2010 @ 07:38 PM Reply

What's a country?

I'm an Earthling.

HeartbreakHoldout
HeartbreakHoldout
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to I'm British, Not European Nov. 30th, 2010 @ 07:44 PM Reply

I always considered British the more annoying arbitrary grouping. I'm not really big on national pride anyway, so it wouldn't bother me if someone called me European. They are technically correct.

Also, such a separatist attitude doesn't help when it comes to how your country is perceived. Just makes you the asshole loner kid.