MooreInteractive
MooreInteractive
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Side Scrolling Beat Em Up Rpg Nov. 26th, 2010 @ 04:50 PM Reply

Hi,
This is most likely my first post. I've had an account for a while, but I don't think I've ever posted. I just wanted to put this out there as a feeler for how I am doing.

This project is purely for me to learn. I want to do 2D game programming. Specifically gameplay mechanics. I've done a few flash games in the past, which you can find if you dig, but I've always been told I need to learn about object oriented programming and key concepts to make my designs more efficient. That is what this project is for.

I'm not really sure what or how much info to put in the initial post, so if you have any questions about how it is written or anything, please ask.

All art is "programmer's art."

Controls
A
- Melee Attack
S - Ranged Attack
Arrow Keys - Move

Play on Dumpgrounds:Link

Play on my site:Link

Blog Page(includes desktop version and source code downlaods): Link

Corncob22
Corncob22
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Side Scrolling Beat Em Up Rpg Nov. 26th, 2010 @ 05:02 PM Reply

I want to team up with you to make a decent flash game.

MooreInteractive
MooreInteractive
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Side Scrolling Beat Em Up Rpg Nov. 26th, 2010 @ 05:14 PM Reply

I do this project in my free time, so the development cycle will be quite long, but anyone who wants to give me art to use in it is welcome to do so and will be duly credited and linked up.

I once thought it would be cool to make an artist showcase out of it. Maybe the top 3 artists each make all the art for the game, then the release would have changeable skins at any time so you could compare artists. Or maybe just change the skin from ninja vs robots to something like cat vs dogs.

Thanks for the kind-hearted reply!