• 69 Replies
argile
argile
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Post-flea's Trash bin Feb. 21st, 2011 @ 10:05 PM

Yeah I know that this sucks fucking skunk ass but This is a sketch that I've done of Tracii Taylor from deviantart. Can I ask for some advice? I don't know how to do shading or detail.

Post-flea's Trash bin

HotCakes
HotCakes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Post-flea's Trash bin Feb. 21st, 2011 @ 10:49 PM

I like this, very unique.

BBS Signature
argile
argile
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Post-flea's Trash bin Feb. 22nd, 2011 @ 03:20 PM

At 2/21/11 10:49 PM, HotCakes wrote: I like this, very unique.

I'm not very judgemental of my own peices but I'm pretty straight forward with them.

argile
argile
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Post-flea's Trash bin Mar. 1st, 2011 @ 01:48 PM

At 2/21/11 10:49 PM, HotCakes wrote: I like this, very unique.

Okay let me correct my last statement here and say and be honest with the fact that I literally do not see anything unique about my drawings not in the way of technique or style.
Anyway's here's the same girl I drew from last image but It's just loosely referenced in some parts.

Post-flea's Trash bin

argile
argile
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Post-flea's Trash bin Mar. 10th, 2011 @ 10:31 PM

A nearly invisible polar bear type thing behind a shitily done Background.
Influenced by this IMAGE.

Post-flea's Trash bin

Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Post-flea's Trash bin Mar. 10th, 2011 @ 11:08 PM

I have to say, that it's a bit of a shame because while you've definitely got a good grasp of perspective, anatomy and the like, the lineart kinda ruins everything - it just looks so wobbly. I'm going to suggest that you experiment with media and the like ie different pencils, not just what you're using.

What are you using? Because whatever it is, it seems to be holding you back.

Otherwise, good work there. Like I said, good grasp of anatomy, composition and perspective.

JoeTheToucan
JoeTheToucan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Post-flea's Trash bin Mar. 11th, 2011 @ 03:08 PM

Flea, I don't know where to start. Your work is just so incredibly raw and soulful, nothing I've come across on this board has ever sparked my appreciation as much as your work has. It boggles my mind how you go about drawing what you do, to create such a signature style that is consistent yet varied in all your work. I think what I love about it so much is its imperfection. It isn't clean, it isn't polished, yet you seem to have a clear idea of what you want to create, and by God you do it.
I'm quite sure you could create clean, accurately proportioned pictures with little trouble at all, but instead you choose draw your own interpretation of the subject instead, leaving only the key fundamentals that make it what it is. To me, this is what art is, a bold new way to see things. Almost like looking through another person's eyes to see things you would otherwise overlook.

Contrary to the previous comment, I think your lines are beautiful. I've no problem with you making smoother, more pristine, work, but I feel that as far as your previous pieces go, they really make them for me.

I would buy and display a piece from you any day. Particularly the tiger character, your 'Photo mash up' and anything from this page.

No mate, no.

BBS Signature
JoeTheToucan
JoeTheToucan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Post-flea's Trash bin Mar. 11th, 2011 @ 03:11 PM

Oh and I almost forgot, your 'TEMPERANCE' based piece and the 'brain'. Gorgeous stuff.

No mate, no.

BBS Signature
argile
argile
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Post-flea's Trash bin Mar. 14th, 2011 @ 10:41 AM

At 3/10/11 11:08 PM, Lintire wrote: I have to say, that it's a bit of a shame because while you've definitely got a good grasp of perspective, anatomy and the like, the lineart kinda ruins everything - it just looks so wobbly. I'm going to suggest that you experiment with media and the like ie different pencils, not just what you're using.

What are you using? Because whatever it is, it seems to be holding you back.

Otherwise, good work there. Like I said, good grasp of anatomy, composition and perspective.

Thank you for the feedback honestly sometimes I wonder if there's anyone even looking at it though I don't post very often in this thread, Hopefully you can ignore some of the self loathing I give off towards some of my own stuff as I do a few of them when I'm not even in the mood or feeling fatigued. A lot of the time I use mechanical pencils but I see no problems in making a few mistakes in other mediums.

At 3/11/11 03:08 PM, JoeTheToucan wrote:

I've never gotten such a wonderful complement such as the one you've given to me,I've been thinking about messing with some Audio Mixes and YouTube Poopery myself to expand under some free time.

argile
argile
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Post-flea's Trash bin Mar. 25th, 2011 @ 12:34 PM

Alright So spent a little more time with Muro for like a few minutes and I've tried to do some of the basic build ups of the characters from Half-life Something tells me that they would look pretty unrecognizable they're not really close to the original.

Post-flea's Trash bin

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Post-flea's Trash bin Mar. 25th, 2011 @ 01:03 PM

At 3/25/11 12:34 PM, argile wrote: Alright So spent a little more time with Muro for like a few minutes and I've tried to do some of the basic build ups of the characters from Half-life Something tells me that they would look pretty unrecognizable they're not really close to the original.

The top one's a Houndeye, and the bottom looks like a Shock Trooper.

argile
argile
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Post-flea's Trash bin Mar. 25th, 2011 @ 04:47 PM

At 3/25/11 01:03 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 3/25/11 12:34 PM, argile wrote: Alright So spent a little more time with Muro for like a few minutes and I've tried to do some of the basic build ups of the characters from Half-life Something tells me that they would look pretty unrecognizable they're not really close to the original.
The top one's a Houndeye, and the bottom looks like a Shock Trooper.

The shock Troopers in Opposing do share a couple of similarities in anatomy with the Vortiguants.
Were the hound eyes suppose to be like fat or thin?

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Post-flea's Trash bin Mar. 25th, 2011 @ 05:02 PM

At 3/25/11 04:47 PM, argile wrote:
At 3/25/11 01:03 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: The top one's a Houndeye, and the bottom looks like a Shock Trooper.
The shock Troopers in Opposing do share a couple of similarities in anatomy with the Vortiguants.
Were the hound eyes suppose to be like fat or thin?

I really wasnt sure if the bottom one was a Shock Trooper or Vortigaunt, so I just took a stab in the dark.
I'm really not sure bout the houndeyes.

argile
argile
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Post-flea's Trash bin Mar. 28th, 2011 @ 01:14 AM

At 3/25/11 05:02 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 3/25/11 04:47 PM, argile wrote:
At 3/25/11 01:03 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Snip
I really wasnt sure if the bottom one was a Shock Trooper or Vortigaunt, so I just took a stab in the dark.
I'm really not sure bout the houndeyes.

Being the type of game that it was you couldn't really spend a lot of time trying to observe some of the graphics unless you really on the verge of dying multiple times in a row after the automatic checkpoint was made.
To be honest with you I've actually had some real enjoyment drawing some of my older stuff back in 2008 because I wasn't really trying to hard to come out with some of the most original things since sliced bread.

Just some older concepts I had back in 2009 for The Nintendo collab and The bad Video game box art contest.
Super Mario Brothers
http://princefleaswallow.deviantart.com/
art/Post-Apocalyptio-Bros-140223172?q=so rt%3Atime%20princefleaswallow&qo=12

Earthbound
art/Earthbound-Doodles1-138721692?q=sort %3Atime%20princefleaswallow&qo=17

And NES ExciteBike which I spent literally god how many hours on gimp trying to rearrange different equipment into one Item like this for example
art/Biker-Boots-137178286?q=sort%3Atime%
20princefleaswallow&qo=22

Post-flea's Trash bin

argile
argile
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Post-flea's Trash bin Aug. 13th, 2011 @ 05:48 PM

This doesn't have a reason to be seen in the light of day since there wasn't anything to go on behind it really so it's lucky to exist. I've not been to sure what to cover recently

Post-flea's Trash bin

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Post-flea's Trash bin Aug. 14th, 2011 @ 01:43 AM

At 8/13/11 05:48 PM, argile wrote: This doesn't have a reason to be seen in the light of day since there wasn't anything to go on behind it really so it's lucky to exist. I've not been to sure what to cover recently

I thought we lost you again, welcome back.

argile
argile
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Post-flea's Trash bin Aug. 18th, 2011 @ 04:13 PM

At 8/14/11 01:43 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 8/13/11 05:48 PM, argile wrote: This doesn't have a reason to be seen in the light of day since there wasn't anything to go on behind it really so it's lucky to exist. I've not been to sure what to cover recently
I thought we lost you again, welcome back.

Thanks all I have at the moment is just Ms Paint and The Touch pad for this laptop i'm using.

argile
argile
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Post-flea's Trash bin Sep. 7th, 2011 @ 03:41 PM

Yeah I've got nothing but this is mario

Post-flea's Trash bin

argile
argile
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Post-flea's Trash bin Oct. 9th, 2011 @ 01:53 PM

Alright so here's a character that I drew of for Kelvin from Deviantart done on a Trackbad. He wanted to cover Babba in Anime style but it's not what I do.

Post-flea's Trash bin

argile
argile
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Post-flea's Trash bin Oct. 13th, 2011 @ 06:39 PM

So Did I capture the emotion correctly in this meme or does he look a little more happy to you?

Post-flea's Trash bin

argile
argile
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Post-flea's Trash bin Oct. 13th, 2011 @ 07:14 PM

I'm sorry I couldn't do any better with you dragon...

Post-flea's Trash bin

argile
argile
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Post-flea's Trash bin Oct. 14th, 2011 @ 11:49 AM

I don't plan on going into obscurity anytime soon folks...

Post-flea's Trash bin

argile
argile
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Post-flea's Trash bin Oct. 28th, 2011 @ 03:28 PM

No this is not a androgynous boy ,it's suppose to be a portrayal on Filip's Maid character Amy

Post-flea's Trash bin

argile
argile
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Post-flea's Trash bin Dec. 1st, 2011 @ 08:01 PM

Well since it's not dead i might as well add something to here even this might be showing that mind has developed into childish dribble or i'm really trying desperately to make something to that stands out in anyway because there's no clear direction behind it.

Post-flea's Trash bin

Ramatsu
Ramatsu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to Post-flea's Trash bin Dec. 1st, 2011 @ 08:34 PM

There is alot of different things I see in this latest piece, I can name a wine glass, a space shuttle, a tree, a human stick figure and so on. What is this supposed to be exactly? Anything in particular?

Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.
My art thread
My comic thread

BBS Signature
SoConfused
SoConfused
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Post-flea's Trash bin Dec. 1st, 2011 @ 08:35 PM

At 12/1/11 08:01 PM, argile wrote: Well since it's not dead i might as well add something to here even this might be showing that mind has developed into childish dribble or i'm really trying desperately to make something to that stands out in anyway because there's no clear direction behind it.

Looks good to me, I can really tell you tried to capture the true emotion of the piece in the varying lengths and jagged line work. You can almost feel the pure and primal agony of this picture by merely looking at the abstract man on the right as he attempts to catch all of the body parts of his dear friend flying across the sky just out of reach above him. Like the rest of this mans life, his friend is breaking apart right in front of him and there is absolutely nothing that he can do to stop it. This is truly an emotional piece of work right here. Keep it up.

"To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true."
Flickr | My "Art"

BBS Signature
argile
argile
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Post-flea's Trash bin Dec. 3rd, 2011 @ 12:47 PM

At 12/1/11 08:35 PM, SoConfused wrote:
At 12/1/11 08:01 PM, argile wrote: Well since it's not dead i might as well add something to here even this might be showing that mind has developed into childish dribble or i'm really trying desperately to make something to that stands out in anyway because there's no clear direction behind it.
Looks good to me, I can really tell you tried to capture the true emotion of the piece in the varying lengths and jagged line work. You can almost feel the pure and primal agony of this picture by merely looking at the abstract man on the right as he attempts to catch all of the body parts of his dear friend flying across the sky just out of reach above him. Like the rest of this mans life, his friend is breaking apart right in front of him and there is absolutely nothing that he can do to stop it. This is truly an emotional piece of work right here. Keep it up.

That sounds like some really deep stuff man. for the life of me I haven't come close to stretching the surface with such strong conceptual ideas like sometimes It really takes some time to just let it sink for like a few hours or days in order to find some meaning behind Surprising you'd find something special in this despite it having it's rough look.

At 12/1/11 08:34 PM, Ramatsu wrote: There is alot of different things I see in this latest piece, I can name a wine glass, a space shuttle, a tree, a human stick figure and so on. What is this supposed to be exactly? Anything in particular?

Remember when you said in your news post "the better you get to understand what your idea is really depends on how much time you spent on your work" ? Well this happens a lot when I'm having mental Blocks I'm just kind of making out some sort of vague things I don't really understand my mind of gets stuck and wonders around aimlessly when I'm not inspired.

argile
argile
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Post-flea's Trash bin Dec. 19th, 2011 @ 06:43 AM

Alright so this is one of my recent abortions that I created November 3rd, 2011 12:54 AM before that thing you last saw .I stopped drawing for a while because I knew that I was not skilled in drawing any human being as a pin up ,She was created by this dude on DA I did not want to draw any more stuff for him after that because I did not want to subjugate myself further more of his ridiculous perverted requests with bouncing on a Phallic looking balloon :/

Anyone if it's okay I'm going to Upload all the stuff that I did since 5 years ago on my account going by date in no particular order.

DIGUSTING

Post-flea's Trash bin

argile
argile
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Post-flea's Trash bin Jan. 10th, 2012 @ 10:43 AM

Alright so I'm on my 3rd correction on my drawing of Rendibsivad's Nazi Cat character on page 34 of the "I'll Draw your character in my style" thread, What I want to know at the moment is would you prefer the method of I'm using with different colors on top of each other?

Post-flea's Trash bin

argile
argile
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Post-flea's Trash bin Jan. 13th, 2012 @ 12:22 PM

I may be getting gradually worse but regardless I'm going to show these Gesture drawings which I've tried to capture the form of a cheetah ... being I don't naturally take the time to study what anything looks I actually don't know what they look like. I might use one of these for RedCheetah for This thread ...
http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/5978 95/126

Post-flea's Trash bin