00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Who is customizing?!

3,165 Views | 37 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Who is customizing?! 2010-11-23 12:57:42

I brought a pair of nike's gave them a bath in accetone, then rubbed them down with a spounge.
Then i got the best brushes we had in house and covered the shoes in the colors i had.
After this is got my permanent marker and did the black lines. And finally i put my finsher on them with a spounge. My cock shoes were finished!

I have custom hats, shoes, bags, laptopbags, and even a winter jacket i did.
Does anyone els here customize there gear?

Who is customizing?!

Click on the sig!

Or my thread

BBS Signature

Response to Who is customizing?! 2010-11-23 12:59:02

Moar of my beauties.
real man wear pink, amirite?

Who is customizing?!

Click on the sig!

Or my thread

BBS Signature

Response to Who is customizing?! 2010-11-23 13:00:52

And the back

should i post moar shoes, and stuff?

Who is customizing?!

Click on the sig!

Or my thread

BBS Signature

Response to Who is customizing?! 2010-11-23 13:03:01

Gotta love the cock. brilliantly incorporated the swoosh in it. I think there is a bit of overkill going on though, with the tan, pink, purple, white, black and the tartan.
Its all a bit too much.

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Who is customizing?! 2010-11-23 13:09:48

At 11/23/10 01:03 PM, J-qb wrote: Gotta love the cock. brilliantly incorporated the swoosh in it. I think there is a bit of overkill going on though, with the tan, pink, purple, white, black and the tartan.
Its all a bit too much.

I think sneakers should have allot of color and stand out from the crowd.
if u think that is overkill you should see this shoes, this one i have overdone:P

Who is customizing?!

Click on the sig!

Or my thread

BBS Signature

Response to Who is customizing?! 2010-11-23 13:20:51

At 11/23/10 01:09 PM, Flowers10 wrote: I think sneakers should have allot of color and stand out from the crowd.
if u think that is overkill you should see this shoes, this one i have overdone:P

I like them. Clustered or not, I think they are neat.

Response to Who is customizing?! 2010-11-23 14:04:35

I couldn't do that to my shoes, I mostly wear boots and shoes that older men usually wear.

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Who is customizing?! 2010-11-23 14:09:05

Hmm, I just got a new pair of kicks the other day. Maybe I'll do something like this on them. What did you use to draw/paint on them. and have you tried it on soft leather yet?

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to Who is customizing?! 2010-11-23 14:19:38

And here i got:

A ANGRY BAG.

very angry...

Who is customizing?!

Click on the sig!

Or my thread

BBS Signature

Response to Who is customizing?! 2010-11-23 14:30:38

At 11/23/10 02:09 PM, Captain-Ben wrote: Hmm, I just got a new pair of kicks the other day. Maybe I'll do something like this on them. What did you use to draw/paint on them. and have you tried it on soft leather yet?

cool, i have done about 15 pair so far, and seude doesnt work with my paint. i use angelus leather paint.
very common in usa but hard to get in europe.
i ordered from turtlefeathers.net.

Click on the sig!

Or my thread

BBS Signature

Response to Who is customizing?! 2010-11-23 14:31:56

Octopus madness!

Who is customizing?!

Click on the sig!

Or my thread

BBS Signature

Response to Who is customizing?! 2010-11-23 17:55:34

At 11/23/10 02:30 PM, Flowers10 wrote: cool, i have done about 15 pair so far, and seude doesnt work with my paint. i use angelus leather paint.

Cool, I checked it out and was curious if you have used the Leather Preparer-Deglazer at all. Is it something that you should do before painting? It mentions that it sometimes takes the color off of the shoes, has this ever happened to you and how much of the color does it remove?

Also what do you use to apply the dye, just brushes? Are they easy to clean out of brushes, or should I have a set of brushes set for just this?

Sorry for all the questions, just really curious about how it all works :P

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to Who is customizing?! 2010-11-24 04:07:25

At 11/23/10 05:55 PM, Captain-Ben wrote:
At 11/23/10 02:30 PM, Flowers10 wrote: cool, i have done about 15 pair so far, and seude doesnt work with my paint. i use angelus leather paint.
Cool, I checked it out and was curious if you have used the Leather Preparer-Deglazer at all. Is it something that you should do before painting? It mentions that it sometimes takes the color off of the shoes, has this ever happened to you and how much of the color does it remove?

Also what do you use to apply the dye, just brushes? Are they easy to clean out of brushes, or should I have a set of brushes set for just this?

Sorry for all the questions, just really curious about how it all works :P

np, i will be happy to answer all your questions.

Most shoes have a transparent protection layer on them wich i remove with pure acetone or thinner(works the same as the deglazer only cheaper) and a spounge, its a nasty job... if u do a good enough job u can even remove the color of the leather, but this is not needed(its better though, but i never do it too much work). if you dont want to remove the color, dont worry you need to rub really hard to do that.

i then apply the paint with brushes, i have allot of brushes so i just pick some. dont let the paint dry in ur brushes, or they wont be as good as they used to be.

ALSO SUCCUBUS SHOES!

Who is customizing?!

Click on the sig!

Or my thread

BBS Signature

Response to Who is customizing?! 2010-11-24 08:50:15

At 11/23/10 02:04 PM, Knocturne wrote: I couldn't do that to my shoes, I mostly wear boots and shoes that older men usually wear.

customize ur bag, jacket, car, scooter. allot of things are customizable.
biggest thing i ever customized is a scooter

At 11/23/10 01:20 PM, MajesticBob wrote:
At 11/23/10 01:09 PM, Flowers10 wrote: I think sneakers should have allot of color and stand out from the crowd.
I like them. Clustered or not, I think they are neat.

Thanks!

At 11/24/10 08:02 AM, Jow279 wrote: These are amazing! i really would like to do these things, but i think i would just screw up my shoes ;S

Begin small, i used to customize 10 dollar fake Allstars(they were hot at the time). just buy some textile markers, and move up to paint if you like. when you think your good enough you can move up to leather, because if the shoe is nice your customization will also come out nicer. this is a pair not my first though(they were so awfull i didnt even take pics). made when i was 14 yo, that means that you can do it to.

Who is customizing?!

Click on the sig!

Or my thread

BBS Signature

Response to Who is customizing?! 2010-11-24 13:00:14

Heres the front of my laptop bag.

How awsome is that, i open my bag grab a naked gnome out of it hen rip open its butt and get my mac out.

Who is customizing?!

Click on the sig!

Or my thread

BBS Signature

Response to Who is customizing?! 2010-11-24 13:01:19

At 11/24/10 01:00 PM, Flowers10

Who is customizing?!

Click on the sig!

Or my thread

BBS Signature

Response to Who is customizing?! 2010-11-24 13:04:52

This stuff is really great, I like your art a lot a really respect that you're willing to customize your stuff.

At 11/24/10 01:00 PM, Flowers10 wrote: Heres the front of my laptop bag.

How awsome is that, i open my bag grab a naked gnome out of it hen rip open its butt and get my mac out.

Is that a widdle p3n0r I see there? LOL.

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to Who is customizing?! 2010-11-24 13:12:19

At 11/24/10 01:04 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote: Is that a widdle p3n0r I see there? LOL.

Thats a banana i added so he wont get hungry >,<

Click on the sig!

Or my thread

BBS Signature

Response to Who is customizing?! 2010-11-24 13:21:34

At 11/24/10 04:07 AM, Flowers10 wrote: np, i will be happy to answer all your questions.

Cool that stuff is good to know. Do you use that acrylic finish that they sell as well? Or is there something cheaper you like to use. Also last question (I think lol) how do you know when you've cleaned the factory finish off of the leather? Does it just get dull or rough or something? I don't want to wipe the color off these shoes so I don't want to clean them too much.

You should make a photo tutorial for this at some point, I think it makes for a great project and i'm sure there are people other than me who might be interested in all this :P

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to Who is customizing?! 2010-11-24 13:32:26

At 11/24/10 01:21 PM, Captain-Ben wrote:
At 11/24/10 04:07 AM, Flowers10 wrote: np, i will be happy to answer all your questions.
Cool that stuff is good to know. Do you use that acrylic finish that they sell as well? Or is there something cheaper you like to use. Also last question (I think lol) how do you know when you've cleaned the factory finish off of the leather? Does it just get dull or rough or something? I don't want to wipe the color off these shoes so I don't want to clean them too much.

You should make a photo tutorial for this at some point, I think it makes for a great project and i'm sure there are people other than me who might be interested in all this :P

Yeah, i brought the finisher 2 months ago applied them on 2 pair of shoes, but i dont really notice any difference but maybe the paint will scratch less likely.

You wont really know if you got the layer off, just feel the leather if its softer as it was before your good.

i might just make one, i got 4 more pair shoes wich im planning to customize over the months. so keep a look on this thread!

Click on the sig!

Or my thread

BBS Signature

Response to Who is customizing?! 2010-11-24 17:26:23

Some of these are good enough that you should sell 'em.

Response to Who is customizing?! 2010-11-24 17:48:18

At 11/24/10 01:32 PM, Flowers10 wrote:

\: Yeah, i brought the finisher 2 months ago applied them on 2 pair of shoes, but i dont really notice any difference but maybe the paint will scratch less likely.

You wont really know if you got the layer off, just feel the leather if its softer as it was before your good.

Hola, I have question too lol.
I was hoping Ben would ask them ,and he did (mosy of them) but still...
Do you usually wear these shoes out, or do you keep them at home and showccase them?
Does the marker/paint wear off when you wear them out or do you apply a finisher that prevents that?
If I were to make something like this should I avoid coming in contact with certain elements (i.e. water or dirt)?
And, last one... :P
When you customized your laptop bag, did you buy it white or did you bleach it or something?
Lol, thanks in advance xD

Response to Who is customizing?! 2010-11-25 04:26:45

At 11/24/10 05:48 PM, Kakashi1930 wrote: Do you usually wear these shoes out, or do you keep them at home and showccase them?
Does the marker/paint wear off when you wear them out or do you apply a finisher that prevents that?
If I were to make something like this should I avoid coming in contact with certain elements (i.e. water or dirt)?
And, last one... :P
When you customized your laptop bag, did you buy it white or did you bleach it or something?
Lol, thanks in advance xD

i allways wear or use the things i customize, what els is the point drawing on your shoes? they are mobile artworks, i take them everywhere i go.

Sure the paint/marker wears off, maybe slightly faster as the original paint would, but it holds pritty good.
Dont do any sport with them, just threat the shoe like you would threat any new shoe.
And if your shoes get old/dirty/scratches everywhere, you can always repaint them and they will look almost as good as new. and stay out of you gf's make-up that shit is chemical.

I brought a white laptop bag, makes things so much easier!:D

At 11/24/10 05:26 PM, Abbyka wrote: Some of these are good enough that you should sell 'em.

i did actually sell about 3 pair,
Heres a jagermeister custom i did, for the jagermeister release the beast campaign.
http://www.onesize.nl/projects/jagermeis ter-release-the-beast <this is where the colorways and theme come from.

Who is customizing?!

Click on the sig!

Or my thread

BBS Signature

Response to Who is customizing?! 2010-11-25 04:27:59

one more side, becus they are so awsome.

Who is customizing?!

Click on the sig!

Or my thread

BBS Signature

Response to Who is customizing?! 2010-11-25 04:40:12

At 11/24/10 08:50 AM, Flowers10 wrote: customize ur bag, jacket, car, scooter. allot of things are customizable.
biggest thing i ever customized is a scooter

There are a lot of things I COULD customize, of the things you mentioned, my school bag is too stylized to mess with without making it too busy for my taste, my jackets are the same way and I don't like looking too busy, NEVER for the car and I don't have a scooter. The most I'm willing to try is shirts, my guitar/drums and my tablet but that's about it.

I think I'll try the guitar sooner rather than later though, since I'm inspired by your laptop bag haha

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Who is customizing?! 2010-11-25 04:49:56

At 11/25/10 04:40 AM, Knocturne wrote: I think I'll try the guitar sooner rather than later though, since I'm inspired by your laptop bag haha

Thats awsome, please post ur guitar(bag) when its done :D

Click on the sig!

Or my thread

BBS Signature

Response to Who is customizing?! 2010-11-26 08:40:00

My Decepticon custom!

Why am i the only one posting here?!

Who is customizing?!

Click on the sig!

Or my thread

BBS Signature

Response to Who is customizing?! 2010-11-27 02:51:05

dude this stuff is awesome, ive done alot of similar stuff and i must give you props

Response to Who is customizing?! 2010-11-27 09:15:29

At 11/23/10 02:31 PM, Flowers10 wrote: Octopus madness!

Want.

WANT.

WANT.

:Great work in here!

Response to Who is customizing?! 2010-11-27 10:05:27

At 11/26/10 07:52 PM, Zombie-Eskimo wrote: im gonna customize my bag =]

Cool, where did u paint that on?

At 11/27/10 02:51 AM, king7272777 wrote: dude this stuff is awesome, ive done alot of similar stuff and i must give you props

Thanks, why dont you show me some of your work, i might even learn something.

At 11/27/10 09:15 AM, Tommy-Gun wrote:
At 11/23/10 02:31 PM, Flowers10 wrote: Octopus madness!
Want.

WANT.

WANT.

Great work in here

Thanks allot ^^

Click on the sig!

Or my thread

BBS Signature