Be a Supporter!

Animation Practice!?

  • 71,548 Views
  • 1,053 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Swordkirby9999
Swordkirby9999
  • Member since: Aug. 17, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Art Lover
Response to Animation Practice!? Aug. 18th, 2012 @ 09:18 PM Reply

I'd like you all to meet Mib, and to see the very first things I made in Flash.
they are short loops, but they was me trying to figure out how to use tweening.
Shape Tween (Mib waving Hi)
http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/f2d49314ef63ae7b8a730b18 6fed970c
Classic Tween (Mib laughs at the falling squiggly line over and over...)
http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/950393d112fe3aa87cca4ea2 7fe19175


<^v^7 Mib says hello to you!

I'm happy :D DEAL WITHI T!

Noisy
Noisy
  • Member since: Aug. 4, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Animator
Response to Animation Practice!? Aug. 19th, 2012 @ 12:38 AM Reply

late but sure....an V-cam testing ^^

v-cam testing

my youtube channel


Read my comic here ,You may like it....The first pages are shit btw

Noisy
Noisy
  • Member since: Aug. 4, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Animator
Response to Animation Practice!? Aug. 19th, 2012 @ 01:58 PM Reply

well....WHY MAKING NICE THINGS IS SO DIFFICULT :C

a run test i made...


Read my comic here ,You may like it....The first pages are shit btw

Justin123991
Justin123991
  • Member since: Nov. 26, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Animation Practice!? Aug. 20th, 2012 @ 07:01 PM Reply

I did this animation following Oney's Toon Tutorial.
Here it is

DaAtheno
DaAtheno
  • Member since: Nov. 10, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Animator
Response to Animation Practice!? Aug. 24th, 2012 @ 11:40 PM Reply

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/6b0e46d8b13a255580a12326 dc7ceea3

This is what I am working on (WIP) for the NMAE competition at NMAE.noonimedia.com
Does anybody have any advice?


Do you think your attractive? Go to my youtube channel to find out (or not).

Darkeiko
Darkeiko
  • Member since: Aug. 16, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Animation Practice!? Aug. 25th, 2012 @ 02:32 AM Reply

Hey guys. I'm rather new to animating so I hope to get some feedback as i learn. D: Been watching tutorials and such, but I hope asking on the forums will help me out more. Anyway, I tried making a girl blink, but the movement seems so...un-smooth. Comments? Suggestions?

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/21237b40415861e3aa6e0154 03cbec3d

DaAtheno
DaAtheno
  • Member since: Nov. 10, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Animator
Response to Animation Practice!? Aug. 25th, 2012 @ 08:26 AM Reply

At 8/25/12 02:32 AM, Darkeiko wrote: Hey guys. I'm rather new to animating so I hope to get some feedback as i learn. D: Been watching tutorials and such, but I hope asking on the forums will help me out more. Anyway, I tried making a girl blink, but the movement seems so...un-smooth. Comments? Suggestions?

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/21237b40415861e3aa6e0154 03cbec3d

your spending to much time on the blink, and your overanimating, there is to much movement there. A blink should only take like 3-4 frames.


Do you think your attractive? Go to my youtube channel to find out (or not).

Darkeiko
Darkeiko
  • Member since: Aug. 16, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Animation Practice!? Aug. 25th, 2012 @ 09:04 AM Reply

At 8/25/12 08:26 AM, DaAtheno wrote:
http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/21237b40415861e3aa6e0154 03cbec3d
your spending to much time on the blink, and your overanimating, there is to much movement there. A blink should only take like 3-4 frames.

XD Thank you for your input! :D Like I said I'm reeeaally new to this so any feedback is awesome. :D I went back and fixed it a bit. What do you think? Still too much movement or better?

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/82d32b6cc2a5ca1b492618f0 c1606402

DaAtheno
DaAtheno
  • Member since: Nov. 10, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Animator
Response to Animation Practice!? Aug. 25th, 2012 @ 09:38 AM Reply

XD Thank you for your input! :D Like I said I'm reeeaally new to this so any feedback is awesome. :D I went back and fixed it a bit. What do you think? Still too much movement or better?

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/82d32b6cc2a5ca1b492618f0 c1606402

yeah that looks much better! 1 other thing though, when you blink, not just the top eyelid moves down, but the bottom one moves up a little as well.


Do you think your attractive? Go to my youtube channel to find out (or not).

Darkeiko
Darkeiko
  • Member since: Aug. 16, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Animation Practice!? Aug. 25th, 2012 @ 10:36 AM Reply

Okay, done and done. o,o I don't want to spam this threeead, but I need all the help I can get. lawl And thanks Atheno for all your help. XD I REALLY appreciate it. O_O

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/b6bc8cbc27ceab1a504889c7 6c941213

Otone
Otone
  • Member since: Jul. 29, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to Animation Practice!? Aug. 25th, 2012 @ 06:20 PM Reply

[url=http://www.deviantart.com/?order=9&q=glarg&offset=72#/d 4lw6yd] My old facial animation test[/ur]

I figured I'd post this here, I used to line-dance so much, it was horrifying.
Still, it's about the only thing I actually have UP that's animated.

Nevermind
Nevermind
  • Member since: Mar. 21, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Animator
Response to Animation Practice!? Aug. 28th, 2012 @ 04:38 PM Reply

Testy
This shading took so fucking long.
Any tips to add?

thekiwi
thekiwi
  • Member since: Jul. 17, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Animator
Response to Animation Practice!? Aug. 28th, 2012 @ 05:06 PM Reply

At 8/28/12 04:38 PM, Nevermind wrote: Testy
This shading took so fucking long.
Any tips to add?

It looks a little tiny bit static. (but its a pretty static shot so its hard to do)
Everything else looks really nice.


Subscribe the piss out of me. Youtube

Jurgen
Jurgen
  • Member since: Sep. 6, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Animator
Response to Animation Practice!? Aug. 28th, 2012 @ 10:08 PM Reply

At 8/28/12 05:06 PM, thekiwi wrote:
At 8/28/12 04:38 PM, Nevermind wrote: Testy
This shading took so fucking long.
Any tips to add?
It looks a little tiny bit static. (but its a pretty static shot so its hard to do)
Everything else looks really nice.

I agree, although it'd mean you would have to redo quite a bit, if you're looking to make this an intense shot I'd make her turn her side to the camera and her arm go back or something like that. Posing is everything when it comes to action sequences.


GamerTag: MEGAxCptnWalrus

lucianocolucci
lucianocolucci
  • Member since: Dec. 26, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Animation Practice!? Aug. 29th, 2012 @ 01:46 PM Reply

just a pencil test i did some time ago practice
:-)

lucianocolucci
lucianocolucci
  • Member since: Dec. 26, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Animation Practice!? Aug. 29th, 2012 @ 01:54 PM Reply

At 4/7/12 12:52 PM, hbrunav wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/1a1fb909a5c00a15b49220e3 644f4c3f

An intro I am making for a friend of mine that makes game reviews.

it looks great. :)

DustyPeach
DustyPeach
  • Member since: Aug. 27, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Animation Practice!? Aug. 30th, 2012 @ 12:05 PM Reply

At 11/27/10 09:31 AM, ShizzleCreature wrote: Here is something i did this morning ^.^
Link

Awww, he looks really sad because he bought a bad yo-yo. :'(

Nevermind
Nevermind
  • Member since: Mar. 21, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Animator
Response to Animation Practice!? Aug. 30th, 2012 @ 03:59 PM Reply

Yeah, it wasn't really meant to be all that "actiony" at first but I went a little nuts with the background effect. Thanks for the tips!

Jakeepoops
Jakeepoops
  • Member since: Aug. 6, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Artist
Response to Animation Practice!? Aug. 31st, 2012 @ 08:44 PM Reply

Some WIP projects I'm working on right now :P

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/34dcf3f08393570027aa96c4 23573a6a

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/1567b0d5b3fe33aa0660057d 67f36396

lucianocolucci- That looks great man! The upper body looks a bit stiff, but nice work!
DaAtheno- Hahaha! That's awesome.

Nevermind
Nevermind
  • Member since: Mar. 21, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Animator
Response to Animation Practice!? Sep. 1st, 2012 @ 08:45 AM Reply

At 8/31/12 08:44 PM, Jakeepoops wrote: Some WIP projects I'm working on right now :P

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/34dcf3f08393570027aa96c4 23573a6a

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/1567b0d5b3fe33aa0660057d 67f36396

lucianocolucci- That looks great man! The upper body looks a bit stiff, but nice work!
DaAtheno- Hahaha! That's awesome.

Dat tank, dat style, dat fat kid. 10/10 would bang. Not even sure what to say about it.

DustyPeach
DustyPeach
  • Member since: Aug. 27, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Animation Practice!? Sep. 3rd, 2012 @ 07:43 PM Reply

Here are my first two (good-ish) animations.

Practicing my physics with skateboarding:
http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/e3e9069aa2468e9ed5de6e86 4a575190

And my first walk cycle attempt:
http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/6eb56b4cd2018cb5f7ba2d1a d1cff2cb

DillonBrannick
DillonBrannick
  • Member since: Nov. 3, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Animator
Response to Animation Practice!? Sep. 5th, 2012 @ 06:44 AM Reply

At 9/3/12 07:43 PM, DustyPeach wrote: Here are my first two (good-ish) animations.

Also these are pretty damn good for your first animations.

Practicing my physics with skateboarding:
http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/e3e9069aa2468e9ed5de6e86 4a575190

I think the arc on the jump off the ramp is off, it seems like he should come down less suddenly

And my first walk cycle attempt:
http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/6eb56b4cd2018cb5f7ba2d1a d1cff2cb

You're tweening him too fast across the screen


BBS Signature
DustyPeach
DustyPeach
  • Member since: Aug. 27, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Animation Practice!? Sep. 5th, 2012 @ 09:35 AM Reply

At 9/5/12 06:44 AM, DillonBrannick wrote:
At 9/3/12 07:43 PM, DustyPeach wrote: Here are my first two (good-ish) animations.
Also these are pretty damn good for your first animations.

Practicing my physics with skateboarding:
http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/e3e9069aa2468e9ed5de6e86 4a575190
I think the arc on the jump off the ramp is off, it seems like he should come down less suddenly

And my first walk cycle attempt:
http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/6eb56b4cd2018cb5f7ba2d1a d1cff2cb
You're tweening him too fast across the screen

Yeah, I feel like I made him drop earlier due to the lack of space on stage.
And the cycle is FBF, so I suppose I need to decrease the spacing a little bit. Thank you! :)

DillonBrannick
DillonBrannick
  • Member since: Nov. 3, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Animator
Response to Animation Practice!? Sep. 5th, 2012 @ 10:04 AM Reply

At 9/5/12 09:35 AM, DustyPeach wrote:
Yeah, I feel like I made him drop earlier due to the lack of space on stage.

fair enough, you could have always panned across more, or let him go off the stage, you shouldn't just do something to fit it in as it might look wrong.

And the cycle is FBF, so I suppose I need to decrease the spacing a little bit. Thank you! :)

I knew the cycle was FBF, but I thought you animated him walking on the spot and the then tweened him across the stage.
He shouldn't move at a constant pace, when you walk you don't move the whole time, you only move when you swap legs.

What I'm saying is that you shouldn't have a space between all the frames, follow the feet, and walk around your room making the same key poses you've drawn and you'll probably get what I'm saying and what you have to do.


BBS Signature
DustyPeach
DustyPeach
  • Member since: Aug. 27, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Animation Practice!? Sep. 5th, 2012 @ 10:30 AM Reply

So, should I animate him as a movie clip and then tween him only at precise moments? I understand in the sense that he shouldn't be moving when he has one leg on the ground, that's near enough impossible without looking stupid. :P

DustyPeach
DustyPeach
  • Member since: Aug. 27, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Animation Practice!? Sep. 5th, 2012 @ 06:37 PM Reply

Walk Cycle attempt two, done with a slightly more advanced stickman:

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/62cdd7dca7bc3effacc800e9 2422de49

kmau
kmau
  • Member since: Sep. 23, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Animator
Response to Animation Practice!? Sep. 5th, 2012 @ 09:07 PM Reply

At 9/5/12 06:37 PM, DustyPeach wrote: Walk Cycle attempt two, done with a slightly more advanced stickman:

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/62cdd7dca7bc3effacc800e9 2422de49

Looks a little awkward since his body remains stationary. I recommend taking a look at Zeurels walk cycle tutorial.


BBS Signature
DustyPeach
DustyPeach
  • Member since: Aug. 27, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Animation Practice!? Sep. 5th, 2012 @ 10:28 PM Reply

At 9/5/12 09:07 PM, kmau wrote:
At 9/5/12 06:37 PM, DustyPeach wrote: Walk Cycle attempt two, done with a slightly more advanced stickman:

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/62cdd7dca7bc3effacc800e9 2422de49
Looks a little awkward since his body remains stationary. I recommend taking a look at Zeurels walk cycle tutorial.

Brilliant tutorial, thanks! I'll experiment with the bounce tomorrow.

DaAtheno
DaAtheno
  • Member since: Nov. 10, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Animator
Response to Animation Practice!? Sep. 9th, 2012 @ 01:18 AM Reply

i will have one day to improve this, what should I do?


Do you think your attractive? Go to my youtube channel to find out (or not).

CzeryWassierSwizier
CzeryWassierSwizier
  • Member since: May. 15, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Animation Practice!? Sep. 14th, 2012 @ 06:44 PM Reply

Practicing some basic movement.

Tell me if there are any awkward motions. I'm really just trying to make motion look more realistic with the proper physics and stuff.


I'm a nub.