Be a Supporter!

Animation Practice!?

  • 73,406 Views
  • 1,053 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
guyfromFA
guyfromFA
  • Member since: Oct. 22, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Animation Practice!? Sep. 13th, 2011 @ 07:59 PM Reply

the legs are rather wobbly, and the entire animation is stiff.
thatttt is my cc.
:/

HowardWimshurst
HowardWimshurst
  • Member since: Apr. 20, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 05
Animator
Response to Animation Practice!? Sep. 14th, 2011 @ 04:39 PM Reply

At 9/13/11 07:17 PM, Sacros wrote: this is how i think it should look

not sure about the body though

ok there's no need to take the piss, we are all learning here.

HowardWimshurst
HowardWimshurst
  • Member since: Apr. 20, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 05
Animator
Response to Animation Practice!? Sep. 14th, 2011 @ 04:44 PM Reply

At 9/13/11 07:59 PM, guyfromFA wrote: the legs are rather wobbly, and the entire animation is stiff.
thatttt is my cc.
/

I was not aiming for an exaggerated jolly "tom and Jerry" style walk. :/
Thanks for trying I guess

Sacros
Sacros
  • Member since: Aug. 1, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Animator
Response to Animation Practice!? Sep. 14th, 2011 @ 07:35 PM Reply

At 9/14/11 04:39 PM, terabiter wrote:
At 9/13/11 07:17 PM, Sacros wrote: this is how i think it should look

not sure about the body though
ok there's no need to take the piss, we are all learning here.

i was just trying to be helpful :( like, seriously

Animation Practice!?


ama gon chill

turtleco
turtleco
  • Member since: Mar. 1, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Animation Practice!? Sep. 14th, 2011 @ 08:20 PM Reply

At 9/14/11 04:44 PM, terabiter wrote:
At 9/13/11 07:59 PM, guyfromFA wrote: the legs are rather wobbly, and the entire animation is stiff.
thatttt is my cc.
/
I was not aiming for an exaggerated jolly "tom and Jerry" style walk. :/
Thanks for trying I guess

That was an okay response

it lacks structure and your use of the emoticon loses it'seriousness
although I do appreciate shooting down any criticisms to feel better of yourself. There could be at least one cock joke nestled in.

3.4/10

nice try I guess


BBS Signature
HowardWimshurst
HowardWimshurst
  • Member since: Apr. 20, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 05
Animator
rendibsivad
rendibsivad
  • Member since: Apr. 7, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Artist
Response to Animation Practice!? Sep. 15th, 2011 @ 03:26 PM Reply

K I was trying to test out fuckin arcs n shit.... enjoy bitches....


the lord of our savior. el christio

BBS Signature
Sacros
Sacros
  • Member since: Aug. 1, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Animator
Response to Animation Practice!? Sep. 15th, 2011 @ 10:59 PM Reply

At 9/14/11 08:20 PM, turtleco wrote:
At 9/14/11 04:44 PM, terabiter wrote:
At 9/13/11 07:59 PM, guyfromFA wrote: the legs are rather wobbly, and the entire animation is stiff.
thatttt is my cc.
/
I was not aiming for an exaggerated jolly "tom and Jerry" style walk. :/
Thanks for trying I guess
That was an okay response

it lacks structure and your use of the emoticon loses it'seriousness
although I do appreciate shooting down any criticisms to feel better of yourself. There could be at least one cock joke nestled in.

3.4/10

nice try I guess

the master has his flaws i see, not the response the people was looking for

while its perfectly redacted and its both witty and funny, you inadvertidly make one critical mistake: as you clearly stated the must be at least a cock joke per answer, which you yourself forgot to make. other than that its correct gramatically and i belive it fulfilled the purposed of poking fun outta the kid

8.7/10

pretty decent try i guess


ama gon chill

NeroGeist
NeroGeist
  • Member since: Dec. 14, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Animator
Response to Animation Practice!? Sep. 16th, 2011 @ 07:13 PM Reply

Haha I'm I going in the right direction with this? I'm trying out fighting for my next flash.

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/6968 6a2bb946193d41f55be9f02f6467


BBS Signature
fluffkomix
fluffkomix
  • Member since: May. 5, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Animator
Response to Animation Practice!? Sep. 17th, 2011 @ 02:52 AM Reply

At 9/16/11 07:13 PM, NeroGeist wrote: Haha I'm I going in the right direction with this? I'm trying out fighting for my next flash.

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/6968 6a2bb946193d41f55be9f02f6467

i think if you could pull it off that could be a really sick animation, only problem is the obviously copy pasted two punches from the beginning WHICH I'M SURE YOU WILL FIX >:I


Sig made by me
Once again i'm falling down a mountain like a metaphor
Here ends another post by the grand master of all things: fluffkomix

BBS Signature
NeroGeist
NeroGeist
  • Member since: Dec. 14, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Animator
Response to Animation Practice!? Sep. 17th, 2011 @ 01:41 PM Reply

At 9/17/11 02:52 AM, fluffkomix wrote: i think if you could pull it off that could be a really sick animation, only problem is the obviously copy pasted two punches from the beginning WHICH I'M SURE YOU WILL FIX >:I

yea its on a loop, the scene is much longer I just have to finish it haha


BBS Signature
Sacros
Sacros
  • Member since: Aug. 1, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Animator
Response to Animation Practice!? Sep. 17th, 2011 @ 03:45 PM Reply

At 9/17/11 01:41 PM, NeroGeist wrote:
At 9/17/11 02:52 AM, fluffkomix wrote: i think if you could pull it off that could be a really sick animation, only problem is the obviously copy pasted two punches from the beginning WHICH I'M SURE YOU WILL FIX >:I
yea its on a loop, the scene is much longer I just have to finish it haha

assuming you can finish it, it will be awesome although there isnt much animation yet

cant say its a mistake but you should probably make the characters design before making any storyboard, i see youve started to make the rough animation over it too but id go with making the keyframes out of the storyboard first


ama gon chill

Haxu
Haxu
  • Member since: Sep. 1, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Animation Practice!? Sep. 20th, 2011 @ 02:04 PM Reply

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/0412 6efd6c18ba4d2b4fd3cb93931056

just a quick 5 minute video. lol honestly I don't know what I was going for.

fluffkomix
fluffkomix
  • Member since: May. 5, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Animator
Response to Animation Practice!? Sep. 21st, 2011 @ 06:10 AM Reply

WIP of my submission to newground's current animation competition

that's only scene 1. i'm gonna be changing a few of the keys as i go along, as well as the shock frame as it's sorta an awkward position. so far so good i believe!


Sig made by me
Once again i'm falling down a mountain like a metaphor
Here ends another post by the grand master of all things: fluffkomix

BBS Signature
Haxu
Haxu
  • Member since: Sep. 1, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Animation Practice!? Sep. 22nd, 2011 @ 12:31 AM Reply

At 9/21/11 06:10 AM, fluffkomix wrote: WIP of my submission to newground's current animation competition

that's only scene 1. i'm gonna be changing a few of the keys as i go along, as well as the shock frame as it's sorta an awkward position. so far so good i believe!

How many frames does this animation run as?
I'm just curious.

fluffkomix
fluffkomix
  • Member since: May. 5, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Animator
Response to Animation Practice!? Sep. 22nd, 2011 @ 06:27 AM Reply

At 9/22/11 12:31 AM, Haxu wrote:
At 9/21/11 06:10 AM, fluffkomix wrote: WIP of my submission to newground's current animation competition

that's only scene 1. i'm gonna be changing a few of the keys as i go along, as well as the shock frame as it's sorta an awkward position. so far so good i believe!
How many frames does this animation run as?
I'm just curious.

Not sure what you mean. If you're asking the frame rate it's 24 fps (as every normal animation should be), and the amount of frames in it is 201.

Btw here's an update to that. changed some things, worked on other things


Sig made by me
Once again i'm falling down a mountain like a metaphor
Here ends another post by the grand master of all things: fluffkomix

BBS Signature
Haxu
Haxu
  • Member since: Sep. 1, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Animation Practice!? Sep. 22nd, 2011 @ 09:20 PM Reply

At 9/22/11 06:27 AM, fluffkomix wrote:
At 9/22/11 12:31 AM, Haxu wrote:
At 9/21/11 06:10 AM, fluffkomix wrote: WIP of my submission to newground's current animation competition

that's only scene 1. i'm gonna be changing a few of the keys as i go along, as well as the shock frame as it's sorta an awkward position. so far so good i believe!
How many frames does this animation run as?
I'm just curious.
Not sure what you mean. If you're asking the frame rate it's 24 fps (as every normal animation should be), and the amount of frames in it is 201.

Btw here's an update to that. changed some things, worked on other things

Oh okay. It played really slow on my computer. I guess my internet must have been messing up that night. I liked how he's like, "Fuck! No no no!" xD

fluffkomix
fluffkomix
  • Member since: May. 5, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Animator
Response to Animation Practice!? Sep. 22nd, 2011 @ 10:36 PM Reply

At 9/22/11 09:20 PM, Haxu wrote:
At 9/22/11 06:27 AM, fluffkomix wrote:
At 9/22/11 12:31 AM, Haxu wrote:
How many frames does this animation run as?
I'm just curious.
Not sure what you mean. If you're asking the frame rate it's 24 fps (as every normal animation should be), and the amount of frames in it is 201.

Btw here's an update to that. changed some things, worked on other things
Oh okay. It played really slow on my computer. I guess my internet must have been messing up that night. I liked how he's like, "Fuck! No no no!" xD

Well it doesn't have a preloader so your browser was probably just trying to load it. If you had let it be for a while it probably would've run smoothly


Sig made by me
Once again i'm falling down a mountain like a metaphor
Here ends another post by the grand master of all things: fluffkomix

BBS Signature
Cope2K
Cope2K
  • Member since: May. 31, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Artist
Response to Animation Practice!? Sep. 22nd, 2011 @ 11:08 PM Reply

AAAAAAAA CHOOO Electric Rats FTW.


BBS Signature
Pliskin99
Pliskin99
  • Member since: Aug. 12, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Animation Practice!? Sep. 23rd, 2011 @ 05:26 PM Reply

At 9/1/11 12:07 PM, terabiter wrote: nice work for a complete beginner. You should make some of the fbf smoother by using onion skinning it makes a lot of diference
btw my link was broken from last tme i poster so here it is again
http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/07d7 716b33f866382579754192885465

dude thats mad good how'd you make that?

Noiz-EProductions
Noiz-EProductions
  • Member since: Sep. 20, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Artist
Response to Animation Practice!? Sep. 24th, 2011 @ 08:36 PM Reply

http://souloftigerclaw.deviantart.com/ga llery/#/d48ra29
see what I did there? >u>

DillonBrannick
DillonBrannick
  • Member since: Nov. 3, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Animator
Response to Animation Practice!? Sep. 25th, 2011 @ 05:07 PM Reply

thought I'd throw down a walk cycle I'm working on. its been a while.
http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/489a 913febecfcdf60eb8bcd509551ac


BBS Signature
HowardWimshurst
HowardWimshurst
  • Member since: Apr. 20, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 05
Animator
Response to Animation Practice!? Sep. 28th, 2011 @ 04:48 PM Reply

dude thats mad good how'd you make that?

Thanks, I sort of made it up as i went along. The dragon was mostly motion tweened an the guy was frame by frame and i drew the background with a brush tool.

I made a bit more here
http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/0b5f f786fc993a6b3ac8cc5b35fc35a2
but unless i get any bright ideas im probably not going to continue it.

billzter
billzter
  • Member since: Jul. 8, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Artist
Response to Animation Practice!? Sep. 28th, 2011 @ 05:20 PM Reply

Thisis is just something I do when I'm bored or have no clue on what to animate.

fluffkomix
fluffkomix
  • Member since: May. 5, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Animator
Response to Animation Practice!? Sep. 29th, 2011 @ 04:09 AM Reply

At 9/28/11 04:48 PM, terabiter wrote:
dude thats mad good how'd you make that?
Thanks, I sort of made it up as i went along. The dragon was mostly motion tweened an the guy was frame by frame and i drew the background with a brush tool.

I made a bit more here
http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/0b5f f786fc993a6b3ac8cc5b35fc35a2
but unless i get any bright ideas im probably not going to continue it.

your animation skills and techniques are pretty good, but you really need to improve your art. other than that, nice job!


Sig made by me
Once again i'm falling down a mountain like a metaphor
Here ends another post by the grand master of all things: fluffkomix

BBS Signature
Surn
Surn
  • Member since: Apr. 9, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Programmer
Response to Animation Practice!? Oct. 1st, 2011 @ 10:08 PM Reply

Walk cycles and other things


Insert Signature here

DCzerkies42
DCzerkies42
  • Member since: Dec. 1, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Animator
Response to Animation Practice!? Oct. 2nd, 2011 @ 02:30 AM Reply

Practice Walk cycle.. fbf fun.... not really. ima keep practicing more tomorrow. http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/3e9b 22da02b82767978f6c1476625ebe


Animation I want to be the Best Fucker.

BBS Signature
Sam
Sam
  • Member since: Oct. 1, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 19
Programmer
Response to Animation Practice!? Oct. 2nd, 2011 @ 04:31 AM Reply

Yo, this is a link

Just finished him. You get to see how shitty my development process is. Hopefully be using this for a game, but it depends how I feel once I've animated something.

I'll keep you posted, lads
HowardWimshurst
HowardWimshurst
  • Member since: Apr. 20, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 05
Animator
Response to Animation Practice!? Oct. 3rd, 2011 @ 11:00 AM Reply

a motion tweened walk cycle.
http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/81b6 53aca047ff4bb30141b85e1b2316

Sam
Sam
  • Member since: Oct. 1, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 19
Programmer
Response to Animation Practice!? Oct. 3rd, 2011 @ 01:20 PM Reply

At 10/3/11 11:00 AM, terabiter wrote: a motion tweened walk cycle.
http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/81b6 53aca047ff4bb30141b85e1b2316

The end of the cycle to the beginning is too much of a jump for a single frame, and make it noticeable.