Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to NG London Meet VIII 2011 2011-01-20 13:05:10 Reply

At 1/20/11 11:32 AM, Gagsy wrote: Guess us Southerners are going to have to man up and venture in that scary place called "Past the M1 where everybody talks funny".

fffffffffffuuuuu Gagsy
I will get you here even if I have to tie you up.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.
Let's Player, Artist, Pony writer, Cuteness!

BBS Signature
Oliver
Oliver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to NG London Meet VIII 2011 2011-01-20 13:32:36 Reply

At 1/20/11 11:41 AM, SomaGuye wrote: I don't think I confirmed before but I'll be going.

Sweet. Same thing. I don't know I'd I said before but I'm in

Wonchop
Wonchop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Animator
Response to NG London Meet VIII 2011 2011-01-20 16:09:46 Reply

You better find us an alternative to the dodgems, though.
And we should probably avoid events that require booking, since there aren't really enough lurkers to get organised enough about it.

ProjektCOG
ProjektCOG
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Writer
Response to NG London Meet VIII 2011 2011-01-20 16:42:46 Reply

At 1/20/11 04:09 PM, Wonchop wrote: You better find us an alternative to the dodgems, though.
And we should probably avoid events that require booking, since there aren't really enough lurkers to get organised enough about it.

That's gonna be hard to top, dem dodgems are part of the NG Meet tradition~

By the way~ Is Luis gonna make some more 'perk' cards, ties, manly mustaches, something like that?

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to NG London Meet VIII 2011 2011-01-20 16:44:43 Reply

At 1/20/11 04:42 PM, ProjektCOG wrote: By the way~ Is Luis gonna make some more 'perk' cards, ties, manly mustaches, something like that?

The 'One Tie One Beer' token that I have printed out from the Manchester Meet but never used says it's also valid in London, so I assume so.

BBS + Chat Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!
Want to instant message me? [ Skype - DeanNewgrounds ]

BBS Signature
Limited
Limited
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Writer
Response to NG London Meet VIII 2011 2011-01-20 16:56:05 Reply

At 1/20/11 12:12 PM, EjitinToadForm wrote:
At 1/20/11 11:32 AM, Gagsy wrote: Guess us Southerners are going to have to man up and venture in that scary place called "Past the M1 where everybody talks funny".
Or we could continue with unofficial London meets.

Or we could branch out and exploit other Southern cities like Brighton(hur for a special type of user), Bristol etc idk.

Shhh, you should be saying Truro, it's the closest city to me and soon you.

BBS Signature
BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to NG London Meet VIII 2011 2011-01-23 09:04:22 Reply

At 1/20/11 04:56 PM, Limited wrote: Shhh, you should be saying Truro, it's the closest city to me and soon you.

I've been to truro once and I would rather never return ever.

BBS Signature
Kirk-Cocaine
Kirk-Cocaine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Programmer
Response to NG London Meet VIII 2011 2011-01-23 10:58:12 Reply

At 1/20/11 11:35 AM, Gagsy wrote: Fucking Middlesex is Northern to me.

This map accurately depicts the north (red) and the south (green) of England.

NG London Meet VIII 2011

The water in Majorca don't taste like what it oughta.

| AS3: Main | AS2: Main | Flash Tutorials |

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Audiophile
Response to NG London Meet VIII 2011 2011-01-23 11:24:42 Reply

At 1/23/11 10:58 AM, Kirk-Cocaine wrote:

South being green because it's prettier with nature right?

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to NG London Meet VIII 2011 2011-01-23 22:20:10 Reply

I refreshed the roster on the hub a bunch. There was some confusion via some PM's as to whether the meetup was moving. It's not, its still in London, still on the same date as the first post outlines. I was just thinking out loud for next year (2012). Sorry.

Heres that hub page

Facebook event page

None

Oliver
Oliver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to NG London Meet VIII 2011 2011-01-23 22:35:30 Reply

At 1/23/11 11:24 AM, Gagsy wrote:

The north is awesome fuck you guys.

Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to NG London Meet VIII 2011 2011-01-24 11:28:30 Reply

At 1/23/11 10:35 PM, Oliver wrote: The north is awesome fuck you guys.

Real men come from the North. The South is full of people who wear suits and work in offices. They're just jealous because we have fresh, clean air.

Should be getting my exam results in a couple of days. Starting to feel quite a bit more confident about them after some emails from the lecturers said that everyone did fairly well.

BBS Signature
SkeletonGimp
SkeletonGimp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to NG London Meet VIII 2011 2011-01-24 11:37:52 Reply

At 1/24/11 11:28 AM, Dean wrote:
At 1/23/11 10:35 PM, Oliver wrote: The north is awesome fuck you guys.
Real men come from the North. The South is full of people who wear suits and work in offices. They're just jealous because we have fresh, clean air.

Hardly, I've been up north and the air is hardly of great quality.

Since the mines shut down, most of the North has switched to suit wearing office based work or complete unemployment since migrants are taking the factory jobs. I work in a car garage, no suit for me :D!!!

Kent has better air quality then many other areas of the mainland UK, and I travel our isles plenty. The best air quality within UK reach can be found in the Scottish/shetland islands and the isle of man. Welsh highlands (around the Brecons), while clean, are a bit on the humid side so it's not as fresh as you'd like it to be.

Also, you can put me up on the roster for the moment Luis. Am going to try and be there this time.

Roleplaying is to the mind what masturbation is to the body - Shalashaska-1, 2008
Feel free to MSN me: warsmithdave@msn.com
Beware the NGSkeletonGimp! M:tG Klub.

BBS Signature
deckheadtottie
deckheadtottie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 59
Programmer
Response to NG London Meet VIII 2011 2011-01-24 11:48:21 Reply

Updated for farm boys (i.e, me).

NG London Meet VIII 2011

#coys

BBS Signature
therealanimator
therealanimator
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to NG London Meet VIII 2011 2011-01-24 12:54:17 Reply

northern ireland is a crap country for a meet up.. and i can vouch for that

cherry garcia: its like having an angel cum in your mouth

BBS Signature
Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Writer
Response to NG London Meet VIII 2011 2011-01-24 13:56:16 Reply

At 1/20/11 04:56 PM, Limited wrote: Shhh, you should be saying Truro, it's the closest city to me and soon you.

When you come to the meet, bring pasties <3

At 1/23/11 11:24 AM, Gagsy wrote:
At 1/23/11 10:58 AM, Kirk-Cocaine wrote: This map accurately depicts the north (red) and the south (green) of England.

Yes, because us Northerners are all murdering scumbags. I note that Bristol is technically in the south on that map :P

Too soon?
At 1/23/11 10:20 PM, Luis wrote: Heres that hub page

For now, you can stick myself and EchoRun on there, I'm unsure of status, but I'm trying my damndest to get new employment in time for the festivities...

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
SuspiciousPenguin
SuspiciousPenguin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Programmer
Response to NG London Meet VIII 2011 2011-01-24 13:58:37 Reply

I think you will find east Anglia is in the east, don't lump us in with those northern bastards.

Oliver
Oliver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to NG London Meet VIII 2011 2011-01-24 15:51:00 Reply

At 1/24/11 03:01 PM, Jawdyn wrote: I think I may have to give London a skip, I just don't think I can afford it at all..

It's like 6 months away lad don't be daft.

Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to NG London Meet VIII 2011 2011-01-24 15:58:48 Reply

At 1/24/11 03:01 PM, Jawdyn wrote: I think I may have to give London a skip, I just don't think I can afford it at all..

Don't be so negative. I'm sure you can figure something out if you put your mind to it. I'm actually not doing too bad for money just now with it having been Christmas and my birthday recently. I'm still dead set on going, assuming I can.

I was having a quick glance over London on Google Maps and man that place looks confusing. Hopefully Victoria Coach Station is close enough to where everything is going down, otherwise these taxi drivers are going to be robbing me blind. Damn, I hate taxis.

Considered flying in to save time, but I suppose I'd then have to put up with the hassle of the airports. Think I'm just going to take the bus down. Nine hours. What a trek.

BBS Signature
Kirk-Cocaine
Kirk-Cocaine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Programmer
Response to NG London Meet VIII 2011 2011-01-24 16:04:51 Reply

At 1/24/11 03:58 PM, Dean wrote: Hopefully Victoria Coach Station is close enough to where everything is going down, otherwise these taxi drivers are going to be robbing me blind.

We have this wonderful invention called public transport down here. You should look into it.

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to NG London Meet VIII 2011 2011-01-24 16:11:36 Reply

At 1/24/11 04:04 PM, Kirk-Cocaine wrote: We have this wonderful invention called public transport down here. You should look into it.

The point was to avoid paying for transport as much as possible, even though I only really singled out taxi drivers. I much prefer walking, assuming I have a rough idea of where I'm heading and assuming that it's not too far away.

BBS Signature
SkeletonGimp
SkeletonGimp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to NG London Meet VIII 2011 2011-01-24 16:15:42 Reply

At 1/24/11 04:11 PM, Dean wrote:
At 1/24/11 04:04 PM, Kirk-Cocaine wrote: We have this wonderful invention called public transport down here. You should look into it.
The point was to avoid paying for transport as much as possible, even though I only really singled out taxi drivers. I much prefer walking, assuming I have a rough idea of where I'm heading and assuming that it's not too far away.

The problem with your theory is that public transport in london is incredably cheap if you stick to Zones 1+2.

Manchester cost me a fortune on the buses when I visited it last year to see a friend (hence why I knew I couldn't afford the meet on a budget of £100)

I've survived and thrived on a 4 day 'holiday' in London on only £150 in one of the previous meets by being sensible with my cash and sticking to private transport. I've just been really lucky that when we did take cabs, other people (Usually Luis or one of the more well off flash artists) jump to pay the bill before me, but I have paid for cabs and drinking rounds at the meets I've been too as well before anyone screams cheap skate! ;)

Roleplaying is to the mind what masturbation is to the body - Shalashaska-1, 2008

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to NG London Meet VIII 2011 2011-01-24 16:22:43 Reply

At 1/24/11 04:15 PM, SkeletonGimp wrote: The problem with your theory is that public transport in london is incredably cheap if you stick to Zones 1+2.

I'm going to be so out of place in London. Small town Scotsman going into a city with a greater population than that of my entire country. Public transport systems here confuse me, forget that of a massive city. That's part of the reason that I prefer walking when possible, although looking at London again it seems impossible for me to navigate. I'm definitely going to get lost this time around.

Also, sorry Kirk, I forgot to thank you for the link.

BBS Signature
SkeletonGimp
SkeletonGimp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to NG London Meet VIII 2011 2011-01-24 16:27:11 Reply

At 1/24/11 04:22 PM, Dean wrote:
I'm going to be so out of place in London. Small town Scotsman going into a city with a greater population than that of my entire country. Public transport systems here confuse me, forget that of a massive city. That's part of the reason that I prefer walking when possible, although looking at London again it seems impossible for me to navigate. I'm definitely going to get lost this time around.

This is why you get yourself a helpfull londoner to guide you around. I would suggest planning your journey well in advance, and where possible have a local NGer meet you at the station. If you arrive at victoria on the same day as me, I can meet you at the coach station and get you around town easily, I used to live in the east end which is renouned for having a super confusing bus route system compared to the rest of London. The DLR (Docklands Light Rail, think overground tube) isn't much easier to navigate going by howhap hazardly placed the stations are relative to the areas they serve.

BBS Signature
Kirk-Cocaine
Kirk-Cocaine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Programmer
Response to NG London Meet VIII 2011 2011-01-24 16:33:22 Reply

At 1/24/11 04:22 PM, Dean wrote: I'm definitely going to get lost this time around.

It's not actually too bad, I don't think. There's maps of the tube network in all the trains and on all the stations. Once you're actually on the tube it's pretty impossible to get lost. There's no limit to the number of interchanges you can make, so if you've gone the wrong way or missed your stop you can just get off and go back.

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to NG London Meet VIII 2011 2011-01-24 16:35:08 Reply

At 1/24/11 04:27 PM, SkeletonGimp wrote: This is why you get yourself a helpfull londoner to guide you around. I would suggest planning your journey well in advance, and where possible have a local NGer meet you at the station.

Planning the journey in advance is definitely something that I will be doing. I did it for Manchester too, but that city was actually really easy to navigate. I had no problems finding my way around there.

If you arrive at victoria on the same day as me, I can meet you at the coach station and get you around town easily,

Something like that would be hugely appreciated. It's obviously still early days, but my plan was to arrive on the Thursday (around 3pm) and stick around until the Sunday or possibly Monday. I'm not really all that familiar with any of the users who live in London though.

BBS Signature
SkeletonGimp
SkeletonGimp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to NG London Meet VIII 2011 2011-01-24 16:42:27 Reply

At 1/24/11 04:35 PM, Dean wrote:

Something like that would be hugely appreciated. It's obviously still early days, but my plan was to arrive on the Thursday (around 3pm) and stick around until the Sunday or possibly Monday. I'm not really all that familiar with any of the users who live in London though.

A list of those I know that have a good mind for London and or are londoners/former londoners:

Harry (Kirk Cocain) - Knows London well enough, good eye for tube map/bus route maps

Me - Former Londoner, impecible ability to always have a tube map handy no matter where we go, terrible at guiding while walking around streets outside of tower hamlets however.

Super Flash Bros - They might not be true londoners, but I believe they work in the city from time to time and they seem to be able to guide groups of 30 around London very well.

Luis: Honourary Londoner, has developed a good knowledge of Zones 1+2 for public transport through experiance of all the meets.

I know there are more, but I can't remember them off the top of my head.

Also, word of advice. Don't listen to anything another Dean might say, especially in regards to certain places to visit. Atleast unless you want to feel lighter in your wallet and brain cells, but heavier in your hang overs and STDs.

This Dean is the infamous 'Condom trick' guy, he turned up to NG London meet 3 completely wasted. He's the life and soul of the 'drinkers' group, but even I can't keep up with that beast. Has a tendancy to wake up in brothels and yet always turn up at impromptue meeting places despite no one knowing him or having his number....

BBS Signature
Wonchop
Wonchop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Animator
Response to NG London Meet VIII 2011 2011-01-24 18:03:03 Reply

At 1/24/11 11:48 AM, deckheadtottie wrote:
Updated for farm boys (i.e, me).

Looks like the ghost from the Ghostbusters logo taking a dump in a lady's shoe

Bryony
Bryony
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to NG London Meet VIII 2011 2011-01-24 18:20:51 Reply

At 1/20/11 11:35 AM, Gagsy wrote: Considering I live like 25 minutes from the South coast it's very North to me. Fucking Middlesex is Northern to me.

Fucking anywhere north of the Thames is too north for me.

Fucking hipster rich kids with their fucking tube. Don't even get me started on fucking Essex.

BBS Signature