00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GodsPurpose just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Halloween 2010 Winners

39,319 Views | 88 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Halloween 2010 Winners 2010-11-13 02:33:56

Thank you so much Tom and Fro for having this contest and judging it. I am extremely honored by the second place prize. The story was a bit of an experiment for me, so I'm glad I pulled it off with some skill at least.

My appreciation goes out to my fellow authors; I enjoyed reading your pieces these past few days. I send out a special congrats to Sentio; you had an extremely entertaining piece. It functioned well both as a horror story and as a tribute to Pico. I also must thank Fro again. It was very kind of you to judge despite entering the contest yourself.

Thanks again to everyone. I welcome any criticisms anyone may have about my piece.

Response to Halloween 2010 Winners 2010-11-13 04:17:49

Congratz everyone ;) See you 'round
KKS

Response to Halloween 2010 Winners 2010-11-13 05:20:41

congrats to everyone

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween 2010 Winners 2010-11-13 06:05:17

At 11/12/10 01:22 PM, Kirbyfemur wrote: Haha! The music choices where great(Even if none of the top where of my choice)

That's the exact opposite with me. Almost everything I chose were in the tops :P.

There were a lot of really good submissions which were perfect for an ambient background to a Flash, but just weren't good as standalone songs, to be honest. I tried to focus my choices on how good the song sounds in a Flash (since this is, after all, a Flash site), but I also took into consideration how much the song fit with the Halloween theme and how well-produced and enjoyable it is.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween 2010 Winners 2010-11-13 10:51:50

OHMYGODIWONTHIRDPLACEI'MSOEXCITED *swoon*

And I wasn't expecting to win anything! I'm so happy! By the way, congrats to the first two before me, and thanks for participating, everybody else. Lots of great submissions to the lit contest.

Response to Halloween 2010 Winners 2010-11-13 11:00:32

Sweet movies. I liked em'.

I feel pretty, oh so pretty!

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween 2010 Winners 2010-11-13 11:25:40

Guess I'll have to put less effort in my work. That 'amazing horse' of mine has gotten more attention than anything else I made, whilst it only took me 1 afternoon/evening.

Thanks a lot though.

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween 2010 Winners 2010-11-13 12:35:42

Congratulations to the Halloween winners! You guys made some amazing submissions this year. Also, I can't wait to see the results of Treasure Hunt 2010.

$$$ | Strawberry Dodge | Abusive Reviews! | Sig by TheDingo

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween 2010 Winners 2010-11-13 13:08:24

Wow, 2nd Place on the H2010 Audio comp! That's fantastic and has really made my day! I really enjoyed this competition and really appreciate the effort you all have gone into to judging every track.

The competition, (prizes aside) was thoroughly great to be involed in and be a part of. Congratulations to all the winners and great job to all.

Thanks NG!

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween 2010 Winners 2010-11-13 17:17:06

At 11/13/10 01:08 PM, PeterSatera wrote: Thanks NG!

Congrats Peter

Yeah I still keep an eye on you..... >.>..... stalker maybe?

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween 2010 Winners 2010-11-13 18:01:02

How did I miss this topic before? Shows how much attention I pay.
Congratulations to all the winners. You bloody well earned it.

Response to Halloween 2010 Winners 2010-11-13 18:48:11

Congrats to the winners. I really loved Gone Too Far Too and Lucky Tower, it's pretty good to have this kind of contests to motivate the users to keep submiting cool stuff, and for the others who didn't win anything, there's always next year, and practice makes perfect! ^^

Intro of darkness then redness then whiteness.

My "art" :D

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween 2010 Winners 2010-11-13 18:54:20

Congrats all,
the animations were especially good this year i think.

Response to Halloween 2010 Winners 2010-11-13 23:15:58

everyone is good

Response to Halloween 2010 Winners 2010-11-14 00:30:07

Cool H'ween stuff.

I've got a question though, is there gonna be a vote for the Treasure Hunter contest winners?

Response to Halloween 2010 Winners 2010-11-14 05:45:51

yahooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TIME TO PLAY THE GAME!

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween 2010 Winners 2010-11-14 19:12:37

Congrats to all winners

Xbox Live Gamertag:VeryStupid007

Feel free to hit me up

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween 2010 Winners 2010-11-14 20:35:17

Wow, I can't believe I got on the list of finalists! Even if it's 10th best movie, that 10th best feels really good as I'm sorta' an underdog compared to all those other fantastic submissions!

It's an honor being on the same list as Gone Too Far Too, No More Tricks and Excess, as those were all really fantastic, especially Donkey Bazooka's movie! Left 4 LOL was a bit too, "parodies are ALWAYS funny, OMG LAWLS," for me, but great job to you too!

Thank you voters, thank you reviewers, thank you Tom and thank you Newgrounds, and I hope to see you again soon!

Response to Halloween 2010 Winners 2010-11-14 21:34:00

Sorry Fro for letting ye down. I wasn't able to do what I had agreed to...

In happier news, congrats to all the other winners.

Response to Halloween 2010 Winners 2010-11-14 21:38:29

At 11/14/10 09:34 PM, sinfulwolf wrote: Sorry Fro for letting ye down. I wasn't able to do what I had agreed to...

In happier news, congrats to all the other winners.

It's fine. I understand that things come up and life can get busy at times. It wasn't really unfair to me, I got a prize when I didn't expect one, but I just didn't want to make it unfair for the people competing. I'm sure we'll get the process down next competition. X-mas?

Response to Halloween 2010 Winners 2010-11-15 00:37:06

WTF I would have had a submission if you guys posted something about this on the front page the first week of October. I'm outraged.

PSN: Ice_Snake

Put Newgrounds in txt box.

Response to Halloween 2010 Winners 2010-11-15 00:50:35

Congrats to the winners and the runner ups! And thanks for the honourable mention too!

Response to Halloween 2010 Winners 2010-11-15 07:41:32

At 11/12/10 01:52 PM, Fro wrote:
Pico's School 2: Consequences by Sentio
This had everything a perfect story should include. It included what I call the, "OHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!" factor.
Thank you. Thanks for the praise and thank you for providing a story that made the Halloween competition amazing. I saved yours for last and I was happy that it ended on such a high note.

I'm pleased that you enjoyed it- after all for me writing is all about entertaining people. I put a great deal more effort into having a 'wow' ending to this one, rather than the much more abstract pieces that I had submitted to past competitions that kind of just ended. It was also much more a piece for Newgrounds, while my past works have had my friends and family more in mind- my grandmother will not be pleased when I tell her she can't read this one!

Also, to the community at large, I am open to offers to animate this story- I think it could be an excellent submission for next year's Pico day. I'm no artist or animator, but I have plenty of ideas for how this should look and feel- PM me if you are interested!

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween 2010 Winners 2010-11-15 19:16:19

Some of these have licensed music and that was something you ruled out... Seems kinda unfair, Tom.

Response to Halloween 2010 Winners 2010-11-15 19:26:31

No more tricks was good thumbs up

Cry while training to laugh on the battlefield

Response to Halloween 2010 Winners 2010-11-16 05:26:53

At 11/12/10 04:46 PM, AudioVision wrote: Really? I didn't even get an honorable mention for my halloween music? I thought it at least deserved that :/ It wasn't some freaking DnB or House shit like everyone is obsessed with on this site, but at least it was good. Meh... fuck competitions. I can't compete with the expensive software these people have anyway.

Actually, it's not your software. I got honorable's mention on my alternative account l l u m a n s, and I used the free program, Madtracker2. Don't fret for the future stuff in this world, sometimes, the real key in creating the world you are anticipated on creating, is the status of your state of mind, not the subordinate. I know for a fact FL9's quality eradicates MT2, but what you also have to learn, is to accept what you have, and turn all your weaknesses into strengths. Do not let competitions get you down, it's merely all opinion. If you think your music is great, thats already a step many people don't have after they find out others don't really like it. Just keep going, never stop, soon enough you will become great, it isn't just skill when it comes to life's goals. It's the ability to become weak, and strong in a coinciding wavelength. I hope I gave you a nudge of inspiration by composing this reply created solely for you.

Putting that aside. Thankyou for putting me in honorable mentions. I am highly grateful, and truly proud that my goal I created met a great ending. Even if I didn't make it, the song was really great to make.

Congratulations to all those who has won aswell, and goodluck to you all.

To those who didn't make it, never give up. Learn to catch your fall, when your wings turn to stone from negative emotions.

<> EternalSoulution <> Question: How do I recieve said 20$? Do I have to log into l l u m a n s?

Response to Halloween 2010 Winners 2010-11-16 17:36:32

so wheres my cash :D!
been waiting for awhile now :P

Response to Halloween 2010 Winners 2010-11-16 18:56:21

At 11/16/10 05:36 PM, NexhasUnleashed wrote: so wheres my cash :D!
been waiting for awhile now :P

That would be the same inquiry I fall under. I believe in your account page, there is options on the top right that says ''Payment Options''. I believe that is how you set up the payment, now the question is. Do they send it automatically, or do you have to contact them furthermore?

<> EternalSoulution <>

Response to Halloween 2010 Winners 2010-11-17 12:19:58

That would be the same inquiry I fall under. I believe in your account page, there is options on the top right that says ''Payment Options''. I believe that is how you set up the payment, now the question is. Do they send it automatically, or do you have to contact them furthermore?

<> EternalSoulution <>

Yeah I just updated that :P
Im just waiting for my cash now :P lol