Be a Supporter!

Pumpkin Carving 2010 Winners

  • 22,883 Views
  • 82 Replies
Respond to this Topic
thegirlwthecatears
thegirlwthecatears
  • Member since: Mar. 12, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Pumpkin Carving 2010 Winners Nov. 10th, 2010 @ 02:13 PM Reply

totally awesome pumpkins :O
a shame that by the time this came out, im already in a christmas mood! baah why the fuck did halloween pass by so fast!!!
anyways, definately think the winners deserved it, CHIBI KNIGHT FTW!!!

Zendra
Zendra
  • Member since: Sep. 7, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 51
Blank Slate
Response to Pumpkin Carving 2010 Winners Nov. 10th, 2010 @ 02:38 PM Reply

At 11/10/10 01:57 PM, WeHaveFreshCookies wrote: Also, lol

Haha, sweet!
You've also got some nice icons under my icon - what do they mean, or what script is it? :)

Whirlguy
Whirlguy
  • Member since: Oct. 21, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Animator
Response to Pumpkin Carving 2010 Winners Nov. 10th, 2010 @ 02:48 PM Reply

Congrats Chron, that's one wicked looking pumpkin.


Whirlguy Whirls your Whirld.

BBS Signature
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Member since: Oct. 9, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Artist
Response to Pumpkin Carving 2010 Winners Nov. 10th, 2010 @ 02:51 PM Reply

At 11/10/10 02:48 PM, Whirlguy wrote: Congrats Chron, that's one wicked looking pumpkin.

Thanks!

...oh shit. That pumpkin is still outside - I never threw it in the garbage.. I can only IMAGINE what it looks like atm..

maybe I'll post a pic :P

Want to chat with fellow newgrounders? Then go here & come visit The High Society Club!
ALSO - My sig isnt there just for show - CLICK IT!

BBS Signature
W3R3W00F
W3R3W00F
  • Member since: Oct. 6, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Artist
Response to Pumpkin Carving 2010 Winners Nov. 10th, 2010 @ 03:03 PM Reply

Whoa. Thanks, Tom. :O I'm humbled... but you misspelled "Graive Manor". Just saying, haha. XD Thanks to you as well, PoxPower; this made my day. :)

Congrats to all of the winners and other awesome pumpkins! :D A fitting top 3 this year, and while I really liked them all and absolutely love the amount of detail put into each of them, I have to say that I liked Chronamut's pumpkin the best and think it deserves the top spot. I loved how the teeth were done.


Just a starving artist. Nothing new.

henkk
henkk
  • Member since: Jan. 20, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Gamer
Response to Pumpkin Carving 2010 Winners Nov. 10th, 2010 @ 03:06 PM Reply

gratz to al the winners! really nice pumpkins this year.


Turritopsis nutricula. Its a jellyfish. And its IMMORTAL

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turrit opsis_nutricula

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Member since: Jul. 17, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Pumpkin Carving 2010 Winners Nov. 10th, 2010 @ 03:20 PM Reply

I thought ReNaeNae would have won even though she didn't submit a pumpkin.

ZJ
ZJ
  • Member since: Jul. 5, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Pumpkin Carving 2010 Winners Nov. 10th, 2010 @ 03:26 PM Reply

Oh darn, I didn't win.

Oh well, it was nice being mentioned. Thanks Tom!


Sig by Some Guy - AMA
Formerly PuddinN64 - Portal, BBS, Icon, and Chat Mod
"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo & Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Member since: Oct. 9, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Artist
Response to Pumpkin Carving 2010 Winners Nov. 10th, 2010 @ 03:27 PM Reply

At 11/10/10 03:20 PM, Makeshift wrote: I thought ReNaeNae would have won even though she didn't submit a pumpkin.

Yeah it was close - I had to fight back her ghost - and thanks for all the compliments guys - really appreciated :)


Want to chat with fellow newgrounders? Then go here & come visit The High Society Club!
ALSO - My sig isnt there just for show - CLICK IT!

BBS Signature
Manly-Chicken
Manly-Chicken
  • Member since: May. 30, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Game Developer
Response to Pumpkin Carving 2010 Winners Nov. 10th, 2010 @ 03:28 PM Reply

At 11/10/10 03:27 PM, Chronamut wrote: Yeah it was close - I had to fight back her ghost - and thanks for all the compliments guys - really appreciated :)

You deserve it! Your strawberry clock pumpkin was AWESOME!


BBS Signature
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Member since: Oct. 9, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Artist
Response to Pumpkin Carving 2010 Winners Nov. 10th, 2010 @ 03:32 PM Reply

At 11/10/10 03:03 PM, W3R3W00F wrote: Whoa. Thanks, Tom. :O I'm humbled... but you misspelled "Graive Manor". Just saying, haha. XD Thanks to you as well, PoxPower; this made my day. :)

Congrats to all of the winners and other awesome pumpkins! :D A fitting top 3 this year, and while I really liked them all and absolutely love the amount of detail put into each of them, I have to say that I liked Chronamut's pumpkin the best and think it deserves the top spot. I loved how the teeth were done.

also sorry where are my manners... our pumpkin entry was AMAZING dude! Really I just stared at it for like 5 mins when I saw it. Good job! The pumpkin designs for your contest were great because there is no way the pumpkin would actually hold up to such detail irl. So It's nice to see such cool impossible designs :)


Want to chat with fellow newgrounders? Then go here & come visit The High Society Club!
ALSO - My sig isnt there just for show - CLICK IT!

BBS Signature
Slint
Slint
  • Member since: Nov. 6, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 36
Audiophile
Response to Pumpkin Carving 2010 Winners Nov. 10th, 2010 @ 03:57 PM Reply

At 11/10/10 10:34 AM, Luis wrote: First.

Also congrats to the winners.

But mostly, first post.

Oh gee, nice one Luis.


Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.
You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.
ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature
Timmy
Timmy
  • Member since: Jan. 12, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 36
Art Lover
Response to Pumpkin Carving 2010 Winners Nov. 10th, 2010 @ 04:14 PM Reply

Carve 'n Share winners ($30 store credit each)

Grave Manor, by W3R3W00F
Charizard, by Miccool
King of the Portal, by Ryu-T

I demand a recount.

Pumpkin Carving 2010 Winners


Sig by BlueHippo / User Icon by CosmicDeath.

BBS Signature
Hacsev
Hacsev
  • Member since: Apr. 5, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 46
Programmer
Response to Pumpkin Carving 2010 Winners Nov. 10th, 2010 @ 04:18 PM Reply

Awesome submissions! Congrats to all the winners! Still, I think JAZZA should have won 1st place.


$$$ | Sig by TheDingo | Awesome Art | Strawberry Dodge

BBS Signature
VitaminP
VitaminP
  • Member since: Jun. 4, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Pumpkin Carving 2010 Winners Nov. 10th, 2010 @ 04:19 PM Reply

At 11/10/10 02:38 PM, Zendra wrote:
At 11/10/10 01:57 PM, WeHaveFreshCookies wrote: Also, lol
Haha, sweet!
You've also got some nice icons under my icon - what do they mean, or what script is it? :)

Ding dong.


--------------------[ Mod Type Indicator ] - [ Change Level Icons ] - [ Last Post Link ] - [ Inline Poster ]------------------

BBS Signature
VitaminP
VitaminP
  • Member since: Jun. 4, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Pumpkin Carving 2010 Winners Nov. 10th, 2010 @ 04:20 PM Reply

At 11/10/10 04:19 PM, VitaminP wrote:
At 11/10/10 02:38 PM, Zendra wrote:
At 11/10/10 01:57 PM, WeHaveFreshCookies wrote: Also, lol
Haha, sweet!
You've also got some nice icons under my icon - what do they mean, or what script is it? :)
Ding dong.

Haha just realised I used you in the example picture, spooky.


--------------------[ Mod Type Indicator ] - [ Change Level Icons ] - [ Last Post Link ] - [ Inline Poster ]------------------

BBS Signature
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Member since: Oct. 9, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Artist
Response to Pumpkin Carving 2010 Winners Nov. 10th, 2010 @ 04:25 PM Reply

At 11/10/10 04:18 PM, Hacsev wrote: Awesome submissions! Congrats to all the winners! Still, I think JAZZA should have won 1st place.

I was actually originally worried he was going to place higher than me :)


Want to chat with fellow newgrounders? Then go here & come visit The High Society Club!
ALSO - My sig isnt there just for show - CLICK IT!

BBS Signature
Pokemonpoeguygcn
Pokemonpoeguygcn
  • Member since: Jul. 17, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 45
Melancholy
Response to Pumpkin Carving 2010 Winners Nov. 10th, 2010 @ 04:33 PM Reply

Congrats to all the winners!!

W3R3W00F
W3R3W00F
  • Member since: Oct. 6, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Artist
Response to Pumpkin Carving 2010 Winners Nov. 10th, 2010 @ 04:43 PM Reply

At 11/10/10 03:32 PM, Chronamut wrote:
At 11/10/10 03:03 PM, W3R3W00F wrote: Whoa. Thanks, Tom. :O I'm humbled... but you misspelled "Graive Manor". Just saying, haha. XD Thanks to you as well, PoxPower; this made my day. :)

Congrats to all of the winners and other awesome pumpkins! :D A fitting top 3 this year, and while I really liked them all and absolutely love the amount of detail put into each of them, I have to say that I liked Chronamut's pumpkin the best and think it deserves the top spot. I loved how the teeth were done.
also sorry where are my manners... our pumpkin entry was AMAZING dude! Really I just stared at it for like 5 mins when I saw it. Good job! The pumpkin designs for your contest were great because there is no way the pumpkin would actually hold up to such detail irl. So It's nice to see such cool impossible designs :)

Haha, thanks, mate! Yeah, it's a little odd how the pumpkin pieces float in mid air and can withstand that much detail, but still that's one thing that makes it so entertaining. :) My detail saw broke last year so my 2 real pumpkins were horribly primitive this year around. XD


Just a starving artist. Nothing new.

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Member since: Oct. 9, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Artist
Response to Pumpkin Carving 2010 Winners Nov. 10th, 2010 @ 05:00 PM Reply

At 11/10/10 04:43 PM, W3R3W00F wrote:
Haha, thanks, mate! Yeah, it's a little odd how the pumpkin pieces float in mid air and can withstand that much detail, but still that's one thing that makes it so entertaining. :) My detail saw broke last year so my 2 real pumpkins were horribly primitive this year around. XD

sorry I meant to type your not our hehe..

also the thing that works best is 1) nail scissors - for extremely fine detail - you can actually snip off the skin with them. And a good set of carving tools.


Want to chat with fellow newgrounders? Then go here & come visit The High Society Club!
ALSO - My sig isnt there just for show - CLICK IT!

BBS Signature
roxybalboa
roxybalboa
  • Member since: Nov. 2, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Pumpkin Carving 2010 Winners Nov. 10th, 2010 @ 05:04 PM Reply

Awesome - well done. :)

Boss
Boss
  • Member since: Apr. 19, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to Pumpkin Carving 2010 Winners Nov. 10th, 2010 @ 05:46 PM Reply

when do we see treasure chest winners dammit


I'm an instigator

BBS Signature
Pelarys
Pelarys
  • Member since: Aug. 14, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Pumpkin Carving 2010 Winners Nov. 10th, 2010 @ 05:56 PM Reply

Congrats to the winners !

Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Member since: Nov. 11, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Blaspheman
Blaspheman
  • Member since: Oct. 9, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Pumpkin Carving 2010 Winners Nov. 10th, 2010 @ 06:38 PM Reply

The strawberry monster is amazing O_O

PopSecret
PopSecret
  • Member since: May. 16, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Pumpkin Carving 2010 Winners Nov. 10th, 2010 @ 06:52 PM Reply

Congrats to all the winners!


BBS Signature
Myarbrough4
Myarbrough4
  • Member since: Oct. 14, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Pumpkin Carving 2010 Winners Nov. 10th, 2010 @ 07:26 PM Reply

At 11/10/10 10:32 AM, Havegum wrote: sweet! congrats to the winners!

w00t!, The winners are awesome! :D


Contact me on Email! RupeeAIMClock@yahoo.com

BBS Signature
Magical-Zorse
Magical-Zorse
  • Member since: May. 10, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 38
Melancholy
Response to Pumpkin Carving 2010 Winners Nov. 10th, 2010 @ 07:31 PM Reply

Too bad, I was really looking forward to seeing a pumpkin by Renaenae


BBS Signature
Lintire
Lintire
  • Member since: Aug. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Pumpkin Carving 2010 Winners Nov. 10th, 2010 @ 07:41 PM Reply

A grea many congratulations to the winners, and may they dine in infamy!

Izzy-A
Izzy-A
  • Member since: Dec. 5, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 06
Artist
Response to Pumpkin Carving 2010 Winners Nov. 10th, 2010 @ 07:56 PM Reply

I won? What should I buy?