At 1/24/11 05:55 PM, ArmouredGRIFFON wrote:
Submachine guns should be removed from Black Ops. It would make the game competitive, and possible to play without seeing every player using the AK47u +nade launcher every match.
Yeah, the 74u is a little bit overpowered, but why remove an entire category of guns because the said category's strongest gun is overused? And to be honest, there's needs to be a fair amount of tweaking to make this game more balanced and competitive such as:
- Removing Ghost (or making other Tier 1 perks more attractive to use) and Second Chance
- increasing the LMGs movement and ADS speed a little bit
- giving all shotguns tighter hipfire crosshairs and giving the Olympia a bit more damage
- lowering the FAMAS and AUG's maximum damage from 40 to 30
- buffing the Warlord perk on assault rifles so that underbarrel attachments can be used as well a sight and ext./dual mags
- swapping the AK74u and Uzi's recoil patterns
- buffing the 20 round mag SMGs by increasing their capacity to 30 rounds and maybe even giving them Dual Mags
- increase the time between a claymore beeping and exploding
- buff Valkyrie Rockets and Mortar Strikes
Of course, all the things listed above will probably never happen. The only thing that Treyarch have done is make the Grip on an AK74u less effective, and they plan on reducing the RC-XD's damage and blast radius so Flak Jacket will actually help you, and I don't know if it's just me, but I swear they've increased the AUG's and M60's recoil too.
Only thing I can say for now is to just deal with the game in its current state :(
Also, just hit 11th Prestige earlier, yay.