New Topic Respond to this Topic
Screwit
Screwit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Animator
any advice for this flash? 2010-11-06 11:19:34 Reply

Heres my 1st flash, it isn't finished,and id like to know if im doing something wrong. Do guys have any advice for a rookie like me?

Oh btw just ignore the blank part at the beginning, again it isn't finished.

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/c8f9 4dfff4c0d026daf7b879c5de5845

your one fat looking fat guy

BBS Signature
Sevkat
Sevkat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Melancholy
Response to any advice for this flash? 2010-11-06 20:36:24 Reply

I like your enthusiasm, although the flash isn't quite original, it's a good first shot at animating, a hell of a lot better than mine.

But try to add a bit more detail, white backgrounds are just asking for a blam. The voice acting was moderate, it was a bit boring, but the art was good. Overall I'd give it a 3/10, work on it a bit more and you've got yourself a half-decent flash.

PM me when you're finished and I'll be sure to rate/review!

just roll with it nerd

BBS Signature
XxErosxX
XxErosxX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to any advice for this flash? 2010-11-11 10:53:05 Reply

Woah Newgrounds can be nice too! i was starting to think that this was like a /b/ with artisist/programmers...

my advice is not about animation but about art, see some tuts and try to go for the best, im not sayng u have to be Van Hove but find a good likeable style and stick with, u can even copy one directly from another artist, as the animation advance u will make it yours, draw and it will change according to you own mind until it is a totally diferent way of drawing, good luck and keep it up!

SUPPORT THE LOLLIPOP PRIDE!

BBS Signature
Thinkface
Thinkface
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to any advice for this flash? 2010-11-11 13:10:40 Reply

I'd advice investing in a quality microphone. If the audio is poor it makes the whole animation less enjoyable

DillonBrannick
DillonBrannick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Animator
Response to any advice for this flash? 2010-11-11 14:06:33 Reply

At 11/11/10 01:10 PM, Animate wrote: I'd advice investing in a quality microphone. If the audio is poor it makes the whole animation less enjoyable

I must agree with this, my latest animation (web series with my cuz) did well but we constantly got bad comments about the audio, I have a feeling if that was improved it would have done a lot better.

BBS Signature
EKublai
EKublai
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Animator
Response to any advice for this flash? 2010-11-11 16:01:52 Reply

At 11/6/10 11:19 AM, LuffyWaffle wrote: Heres my 1st flash, it isn't finished,and id like to know if im doing something wrong. Do guys have any advice for a rookie like me?

Oh btw just ignore the blank part at the beginning, again it isn't finished.

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/c8f9 4dfff4c0d026daf7b879c5de5845

The second voice is too muffled. Also I would have an intro, there are too many flashes that just go right into the song and it's just an eye-roller if you begin the song with nothing on screen.

BBS Signature