00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

444rgh just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

== Coder/as Request Thread ==

5,282 Views | 28 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

== Coder/as Request Thread == 2010-11-03 11:42:45

Hello, welcome to the Coder/AS Request Thread, a place where you can request an Actionscripter/coder for your Flash projects.

Thread Rules
It is recommended that you create a News Post, as well as a summary in this thread. A News Post can be easily updated by yourself, as well as providing a place for others to discuss your project.

In either post, please provide the following:

1 - A brief description of your project.
Example: "I am planning to make a game, which will be a tetris-styled game, based on dinosaurs fighting clowns."
2 - Links/examples of any art/animation
Example: Character sets, backgrounds, etc.
3 - How much you're willing to split revenue.
Example: "Since I'm going to be doing all of the art, any earnings will be split 50-50", or "As I'm only after menu/navigation code, I'm willing to pay $50."
4 - Method of contact. E-mail? PM? MSN? AIM? etc.?
5 - Include a deadline! You should list the date when you stop accepting submissions!
6 - Always give credit to the coder, because without them you wouldn't have a project.

Again, if you have any WIPs of your project or some of your past work portfolio, PLEASE SHARE!!! It will make it easier for people to take you seriously, and you'll look like you're worth working with.

If you can't find anybody who's interested, please don't post your project multiple times: rethink your ideas, improve your own skill set (art/anim), or start afresh.

Any post may be removed at any time by a moderator if it deviates from these guidelines too much.

Please note that this is not a discussion thread. If you are interested in a project, please contact the individual via PM/email.

Response to == Coder/as Request Thread == 2010-11-03 20:20:47

I'd like to team up with another coder to get something done.

I have thought about making a game like Evony, probably using php and flash (as3).

We can throw around ideas and find something we can agree on though.

Response to == Coder/as Request Thread == 2010-11-04 18:21:56

I need a programmer for an epic flixel game! Must be able to code shooting, physics, enemies/bosses, and medals all on flixel. Send me a pm message if interested. The programmer chosen is guaranteed 50% of all profits!

"Only the games fit to be played"

BBS Signature

Response to == Coder/as Request Thread == 2010-11-07 10:54:08

Clickity click!

Response to == Coder/as Request Thread == 2010-11-08 04:46:12

Hey trying to get someone to program an old game i made give me an estimate for the price and you have 1 week deadline anywho original thread is here:
Response to == Coder/as Request Thread == 2010-11-08 12:42:23

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature

Response to == Coder/as Request Thread == 2010-11-09 21:43:53

i need a coder for a super smash brothers/sprite type game as well as a few platformers

Blaaaaah

BBS Signature

Response to == Coder/as Request Thread == 2010-11-11 18:27:29

I'm planning on creating a game exactly like This, only in halo form. The tank you see there would a scorpion tank (see link at bottom for sprites) For air forces, it will be firing at: phantoms, banshees, and cruiser. for covenant ground forces: ghosts, wraiths, and spectres. After each level there should be a upgrade shop for the tank. For an ally dropship (in which gives you health and perks) should be a pelican. There should be a score system that counts hard opponents as more points and weaker as less. there should be a boss at the end of each level (before the upgrade shop)

Sprite links:
HERE
HERE
HERE

will split all revenue generated from the submission 50/50 or more. I will be doing my part.
If you think you can handle this large project, PM me.
Deadline to apply is 5/1/11 (May 1, 2011)
for more information of what all to add, PM me

I made some crappy games when I was younger. I wouldn't bother looking at them if I were you. You may lose your eyesight or something.

Response to == Coder/as Request Thread == 2010-11-12 01:45:51

Hey folks,

Wetfeet here, working on a flash game that I've realized I probably can't make as great as it could be without the help of a few talented folks. I am putting in hours for the artwork, but I think with the hands of a talented coder + graphics finalizer + animator we could make it really sing.

It's a pretty lofty campaign, but I'm pretty passionate about getting some tight games out there into the flash community, as I think it's yet to have a "killer app" that people don't stop playing for ten years... Kind of the "Halo" of the Flash world. But what's really sick about Flash is it's ever-evolving - just take a look at the stuff that's out now and compare it to when you first started watching Flash animations ('01 or '02 for me... how about you?)

In any case, I'm hoping to be joined by some talented, motivated kids who, like me, wanna put out some kickass games that will really garner a following and showcase the multifaceted creativity this community holds.

Just send me a pm or email me at buster.blakeney@gmail.com.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

--wf

P.S. Find attached some artwork, and some links for more stuff. Gives you an idea of the visual format I'm looking for and where I'm at. Also some customization ideas. Cheers.

In Game Mockup
Go! Drive!

Response to == Coder/as Request Thread == 2010-11-12 04:04:26

Sup newgrounds?
K, let me cut to the chase, I've always wanted to make a flash game but I never got around learning action script / programming. I'm a talented artist / designer / animator (if i say so myself). That being said, I've never worked on a game before so I will need a little guidance. I'm a quick learner and I'm easy to work with. I want to create a game with beautiful graphics and awesome game play. If I can find a talented programmer I think we could make something amazing.

Description:
So I have many flash game ideas, this is just one of them:
A side scrolling first person shooter. Use arrow keys to move left and right. Wide array of weapons, stunning levels, diverse enemies, hard to beat.

Examples:
Game mockup:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/i vanjarvis/ingamemockupsmall.jpg
Enemy Sample
http://www.swfcabin.com/open/1289548612
(Unfinished / I'm not doing the whole indian soldier thing. I want you to be fighting dirty sketchbags)
You can look at my profile for more samples of my art.

Will split 50/50. You can contact me at here, or at ivanjarvis@hotmail.com. Deadline: Uuh, how about the end of November?

If you're interested message me and I'll give you more details.

check out my Newgrounds Sketchbook

Also check out my page for animations and stuff

http://liftyourskinnyfists.newgroun ds.com/

Response to == Coder/as Request Thread == 2010-11-12 05:21:25

Dude, you've got some really great looking work! Best of luck with your project, whatever it is. Can't wait to see what you turn out!

At 11/12/10 04:04 AM, LiftYourSkinnyFists wrote:

I'm a talented artist / designer / animator (if i say so myself).

Response to == Coder/as Request Thread == 2010-11-12 21:04:29

At 11/12/10 05:21 AM, wetfeet wrote: Dude, you've got some really great looking work! Best of luck with your project, whatever it is. Can't wait to see what you turn out!

Thank you very much, and you're not so bad yourself. Good luck with your project mang!

check out my Newgrounds Sketchbook

Also check out my page for animations and stuff

http://liftyourskinnyfists.newgroun ds.com/

Response to == Coder/as Request Thread == 2010-11-13 17:27:05

Thought I'd post here, check out the news post here for more details. The game is a space themed, top down, space ship mining game.

Response to == Coder/as Request Thread == 2010-11-14 03:29:50

Throwing my hat in the ring :)

Response to == Coder/as Request Thread == 2010-11-17 18:17:38

I need a coder for a 2d side scrolling game. You would get 80% of all profits. PM me if you are interested.

Response to == Coder/as Request Thread == 2010-11-17 18:56:28

== Requesting C++ programmer for PC (possibly 360/Windows Phone 7) game. All profits split evenly between 4 team members ==

We are a small team consisting of myself - the primary artist - and two others. We are in need of a competent coder who knows how to program with C++ (and just in general) for the PC.

We are registered developers for PC/Xbox 360/Windows Phone 7 and have a top-down 16-bit RPG (think A Link To The Past) in mind that needs a competent coder to help come to fruition. There's no time limit, but no initial pay either; all your rewards will come from the profits gained by sales on each marketplace.

If you need some idea of what I personally am capable of, check my account for a (fairly old) animation I have done, or the link below for a quick level design of another game in production.

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/1f71 b1792decfec87e84d10b2f25ed48

Please PM me for more details.

Response to == Coder/as Request Thread == 2010-11-18 19:34:55

I want a coder to help me make a shooter/fighting game game.
If possible move on from this and develop some driving levels

I am happy to do all the design and animating
If any one is intersted in in helping with anothing other welcome

The below link is a short animation that I want to work from.
http://vimeo.com/7594510

Response to == Coder/as Request Thread == 2010-11-18 22:23:25

Hello everybody, I'm interested in actually making a game with some graphics I've made, I have some animations and background done. Here's a link: http://www.swfcabin.com/open/1290110293

It'll be a platformer, collecting bananas, battling, I'm also open to suggestions from the coder. We will look for a sponsor and the gain will be split 50/50.

Respond or pm if your are interested. Looking for someone that can work right away so this can take off and make a little money as well as have fun making a game again.

Thanks, Ponz
:: Thanks Renaenae

Oh yeaaa

BBS Signature

Response to == Coder/as Request Thread == 2010-11-19 08:05:44

Looking for progammer for my game "Not another zombie game!". The basic gameplay will be running through your house finding things you can kill the invading zombies with, or things to keep them out. I would prefer you be a good programmer, becuase like 75% of the stuff will be used for muliple things, Thnx! (p.s. if you can get ahold of me here, try mglimited@hotmail.com, i check that daily!)

Response to == Coder/as Request Thread == 2010-11-19 08:09:19

oh yeah, i dont think there would be any profits, i would put it on newgrounds though so... you would get half credit!

Response to == Coder/as Request Thread == 2010-11-21 19:04:37

I'm looking for an experienced AS3 coder to code my game Battle Turtle 2. It is a sequel to the first Battle Turtle. The art is all hand drawn and in great detail. I'm currently in full design mode and have a lot of the game complete and ready to start building. If interested please send me a PM on newgrounds or send a email to cscifres@gmail.com .

Screen Shot :

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a283/z eroadvance/bt2screentry.jpg

Battle Turtle 1 :

Battle Turtle, by curtisscifres
Type: GameRating: Ages 13+

-Curtis

P.S. IF INTERESTED AT ALL FROM THE PICTURES PLEASE MESSAGE ME. I CAN SHOW MORE ART AND SCENES UPON REQUEST AND WILL ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS.

Response to == Coder/as Request Thread == 2010-11-26 16:49:17

We need a experienced AS2.0 programmer to help us with our medieval based 2D sidescrolling action game. Reply to this post, with some of your previous work eg. finished projects, source code etc.

Thanks.

Response to == Coder/as Request Thread == 2010-12-10 17:51:04

im a pixel artist looking for a programmer for a couple little games. i have a bit of graphics done already for each.
i would totally be up for some collabs with a programmer as well
if anyones interested PM me please
thanks!

Response to == Coder/as Request Thread == 2010-12-20 12:55:32

Hi, my name is Mike Hanson. I'm a flash designer fluent in flash animation and concept. I have colaborated with Aaron Warrol on a game called Billy & Speedy, it's located on my profile.

Today I am inquiring to programmers interested in working on this new feat with me. The concept is 'CONTAINMENT' -- a quick-paced multiplayer game (and single player) game. The games goal is to work together with your allies to contain the sector you occupy, and move on in a sophisticated map containing all the sectors needed in order to win the game. Each sector contains a flag. Last contaimnet unit alive, or to the first unit squad to contain all of the sectors wins. The single player game would be published on newgrounds, as a proposed game to Tom Fulp.

Looking for programmers of all levels, please inquire to thesehandsmail@gmail.com, or reply to my account. Thanks for your time.

MRH - Flash Game Developer

MRH FLASH GAME DEVELOPER

Response to == Coder/as Request Thread == 2011-01-04 10:41:57

Ok, so I have a story I have been milling around with for quite some time and I think I could take this somewhere amazing. The problem is I need a coder; I'm learning myself, but since I only just started this is WAAAY too complicated right now... but I would very much like to see this come to completion and be something I can get into the scene with.

The piece would be a story-based game based around a girl with telepathic powers that are driving her mad as the game progresses. The final product would be a mix of animations and platformer gameplay. While there are quite a few changes... the story comes originally from a bio written for a character I designed some time ago, so I have quite a solid handle on what the content will be.

The character is also blind and sees via rats or other senses. :3

Will go into more detail privately if someone is interested in coding something I think is pretty ambitious.

Since I have faith in the final product being a hit, it has been suggested by a friend and fellow game designer that I actually go for a sponsorship or something? I don't actually know anything about this, but I can assure anyone interested in becoming a coder for my project would get a fair cut if the piece DOES earn some money.

Coder would need to work in Actionscript 3 and be willing to really go for the gold with everything. I have a LOT of ideas and a lot of time on my hands to think of more.

"There is no such thing as a life of passion any more than a continuous earthquake, or an eternal fever. Besides, who would ever shave themselves in such a state?" -Lord Byron

Response to == Coder/as Request Thread == 2011-01-04 13:35:54

InLucidReverie,

Do you have any designs and animations to show?

Response to == Coder/as Request Thread == 2011-01-04 14:59:09

I can show you sprites, the story and ideas and I can do a mock up of the general look of the piece, but without a coder or any real experience I haven't known where to start.

Can we go to PMs rather than fill this thread?

"There is no such thing as a life of passion any more than a continuous earthquake, or an eternal fever. Besides, who would ever shave themselves in such a state?" -Lord Byron

Response to == Coder/as Request Thread == 2011-07-18 18:32:09

Bumped for justice

BBS Signature

Response to == Coder/as Request Thread == 2011-07-18 20:54:47

im looking for a programmer for a kinda unique game. the main character is a grim reaper, and the gameplay is collecting souls.
i'm a pretty good artist/animator, and i've worked on a project before, although that programmer called it quits after his computer crashed and all his code got wiped.
anyways if your interested then go here