00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

FylypFimpossible just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Screw Collab 3- You're A Tool!

24,425 Views | 267 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Screw Collab 3- You're A Tool! 2011-03-28 16:24:10

At 3/28/11 04:19 PM, PinkRose11 wrote: OK I dont usually work with flash. it wont let me save as a jpeg, only as a flash file. How do I post it? I could take a screenshot of it and put it into photoshop, but I tried that and you lose quality. The AI file I made it in (illustrator) wont let me save as jpeg ether. But anyways im done with \mine.

In flash go to file, go to export, then there will be an option to export image. Hope that helps!

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to Screw Collab 3- You're A Tool! 2011-03-28 16:25:34

At 3/28/11 04:19 PM, PinkRose11 wrote: OK I dont usually work with flash. it wont let me save as a jpeg, only as a flash file. How do I post it? I could take a screenshot of it and put it into photoshop, but I tried that and you lose quality. The AI file I made it in (illustrator) wont let me save as jpeg ether. But anyways im done with \mine.

Im a idiot. Export image. *facepalm* Here it is. I can change the text if you want, i just had handwritten it :P
UGH. Why does it have the white all around it? GARGH. Oh well. at least you can see it..

Response to Screw Collab 3- You're A Tool! 2011-03-28 16:50:05

At 3/28/11 04:25 PM, PinkRose11 wrote:
Im a idiot. Export image. *facepalm* Here it is. I can change the text if you want, i just had handwritten it :P
UGH. Why does it have the white all around it? GARGH. Oh well. at least you can see it..

You exported the full size and not the image size. Play around with the settings until you get it to work. Also could you add a little more detail to the nail that is hammered? It took me a second to find him lol. Also feel free to mess with the font. I don't know how I feel about the hand written. Also its you're, not your. Good work and thanks for joining.

Also, I am trying to pick out some more music. I want to have a pop down music jukebox thing so you can pick from various songs. YES I am being cheesy and trying to have music that has some type of hardware in the title. So sue me. here is what I have so far. Comments or opinions thus far? Any other ideas?

Might be obvious that I am trying to get everything wrapped up soon. I was hoping to announce a due date this weekend and start getting all the little bits and bods taken care of :)

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to Screw Collab 3- You're A Tool! 2011-03-29 16:29:31

Probably room for improvement...

BBS Signature

Response to Screw Collab 3- You're A Tool! 2011-03-29 17:24:51

At 3/29/11 04:29 PM, DerangedDuck wrote: Probably room for improvement...

There is. I like your concept, but you need to spend some more time on the overall piece!

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to Screw Collab 3- You're A Tool! 2011-03-29 19:43:59

Can I just use the one I showed earlier? Because I can't exactly think of anymore ideas, or at least ones that aren't already used. xD And it seems this collab is really taking shape!

Response to Screw Collab 3- You're A Tool! 2011-03-29 20:26:48

At 3/28/11 04:50 PM, ForNoReason wrote:
You exported the full size and not the image size. Play around with the settings until you get it to work. Also could you add a little more detail to the nail that is hammered? It took me a second to find him lol. Also feel free to mess with the font. I don't know how I feel about the hand written. Also its you're, not your. Good work and thanks for joining.

How about this now? I was thinking of puttinf a sign in the background on the left (to fill space) "Club Club" (like the club you hit somthing with) But im not sure if people would get it, and if it is even a tool. I made the inner part of the nail darker, but im not sure what else to do (other than a subtle gradiant, but that would be kinda dumb) to make him pop. I put text in, and I like it, but I would like your opinion. I also got the stupid spelling error out xD SO Whatcha think now? What could I add? Thanks :)

Response to Screw Collab 3- You're A Tool! 2011-03-29 20:44:48

At 3/29/11 08:26 PM, PinkRose11 wrote: How about this now?

I would suggest making the important elements larger. Right now everything is getting lost in the gigantic sea of background.

Center the text more vertically and make the word 'hammered' bigger than "Dude, you're" ...since it's the 'punchline' (so swap the sizes).

Also, are they supposed to be in/on wood? If so, try looking at some reference pics and try to play with that a bit... right now it looks like sand or something soft.

"Why do you hide, stupid aliens? Mr. Zurkon only wishes for to kill you."

BBS Signature

Response to Screw Collab 3- You're A Tool! 2011-03-30 20:19:15

I agree with Nae! You should follow her suggestions. She is smart and awesome!

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to Screw Collab 3- You're A Tool! 2011-03-30 23:25:17

At 3/30/11 08:19 PM, ForNoReason wrote: I agree with Nae! You should follow her suggestions. She is smart and awesome!

Sounds like a plan. Thanks Nae for the suggestion, you rock :D I will get busy on it..... tommorow xD I know itll take like 1 min, but its getting late. hahaha.

Response to Screw Collab 3- You're A Tool! 2011-04-04 12:02:56

ALRIGHT!!! As of right now I am counting about 25 completed entries. I would like to get to 80. Also I promised to announce a due date. So here we go:

MAY 15th or 80 entries.
Whichever comes first!

That's what you get to work with. Questions?

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to Screw Collab 3- You're A Tool! 2011-04-04 12:16:13

At 4/4/11 12:02 PM, ForNoReason wrote: MAY 15th or 80 entries.
Whichever comes first!

It's gonna be May 15 :P

Response to Screw Collab 3- You're A Tool! 2011-04-04 12:21:24

At 4/4/11 12:16 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 4/4/11 12:02 PM, ForNoReason wrote: MAY 15th or 80 entries.
Whichever comes first!
It's gonna be May 15 :P

I can be optimistic!

but yeah I know

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to Screw Collab 3- You're A Tool! 2011-04-04 12:51:32

At 4/4/11 12:21 PM, ForNoReason wrote:
At 4/4/11 12:16 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: It's gonna be May 15 :P
I can be optimistic!
but yeah I know

Let's face it old bean, this series has run it's course. It's now on it's last legs, just waiting to be sent off.

Response to Screw Collab 3- You're A Tool! 2011-04-04 12:56:54

At 4/4/11 12:51 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 4/4/11 12:21 PM, ForNoReason wrote:
At 4/4/11 12:16 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: It's gonna be May 15 :P
I can be optimistic!
but yeah I know
Let's face it old bean, this series has run it's course. It's now on it's last legs, just waiting to be sent off.

I can't say I disagree with you chap. Maybe I can come up with an original idea in the future, but until then I have to finish what I start!

the far off future.

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to Screw Collab 3- You're A Tool! 2011-04-04 13:01:42

At 4/4/11 12:56 PM, ForNoReason wrote:
At 4/4/11 12:51 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Let's face it old bean, this series has run it's course. It's now on it's last legs, just waiting to be sent off.
I can't say I disagree with you chap. Maybe I can come up with an original idea in the future, but until then I have to finish what I start!
the far off future.

Yes, the far future *insert Dr Who theme*

Response to Screw Collab 3- You're A Tool! 2011-04-08 20:42:47

At 4/4/11 01:01 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:

Yes, the far future *insert Dr Who theme*

I don't like the new Dr Who :(

Also, ahrt people! Let's do it!

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to Screw Collab 3- You're A Tool! 2011-04-08 21:09:06

At 4/8/11 08:42 PM, ForNoReason wrote: I don't like the new Dr Who :(

I don't really watch it, but I guess it's a good thing I picked the old theme then, eh? :P

Response to Screw Collab 3- You're A Tool! 2011-04-08 21:13:01

At 4/8/11 09:09 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 4/8/11 08:42 PM, ForNoReason wrote: I don't like the new Dr Who :(
I don't really watch it, but I guess it's a good thing I picked the old theme then, eh? :P

Indeed! I greatly appreciate that.

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to Screw Collab 3- You're A Tool! 2011-04-08 21:13:26

mandatory extension from lack of pieces :P

how many pics you got so far anyway?

Response to Screw Collab 3- You're A Tool! 2011-04-08 21:19:53

At 4/8/11 09:13 PM, Ashman wrote: mandatory extension from lack of pieces :P

how many pics you got so far anyway?

Lazy count is 25. It is probably more around 20. As much as I love each and every person who takes their time to participate and create something unique and wonderful for this collab, there are just some pieces I cannot accept without the creator redoing them. Those people have been contacted and asked if they could do some revamps on theirs pieces. So the number could go up even without any new submissions. However, I would love new submissions. I would love them so much that I would do a little dance. And I have an awesome happy dance.

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to Screw Collab 3- You're A Tool! 2011-04-08 21:22:48

yeah, the quality control is the biggest problem with these, bordering on spam sorry to say, but i will get something done, 2 weeks off school should be enough time to get something done :P

Response to Screw Collab 3- You're A Tool! 2011-04-08 21:30:08

At 4/8/11 09:22 PM, Ashman wrote: yeah, the quality control is the biggest problem with these, bordering on spam sorry to say, but i will get something done, 2 weeks off school should be enough time to get something done :P

I can agree with that. There has been some really A+ art supplied for these collabs, but I think my "openness" mentality kind of drowned it out with some less than quality submissions. This time I am really making the effort to ensure quality is a top priority. I want everyone to be able to participate who wants to, but I also want to ensure that they take time and make the best piece they can make. Can't wait to see your part!

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to Screw Collab 3- You're A Tool! 2011-04-09 08:24:50

I like this collab, because It has been goin' for quite a while now and you can see my improvement using flash to draw. My first (and posibly second) submission to this collab are pretty bad I think but I have definetly improved, I think.

Can't wait for its release :).

- P R O F E S S I O N A L - G R A P H I C - D E S I G N E R -

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Screw Collab 3- You're A Tool! 2011-04-09 14:15:25

I want to do something but I can't come up with anything.

Response to Screw Collab 3- You're A Tool! 2011-04-10 11:36:56

At 4/9/11 02:15 PM, Wolfos wrote: I want to do something but I can't come up with anything.

It doesn't have to be funny. Just find something to draw and draw it!

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to Screw Collab 3- You're A Tool! 2011-04-10 18:55:48

Ok I actually didn't plan to join this collab, but doodling around got me to some kind of sketch that would fit in here. So I spend some time on it and here is my WIP. I did not yet start a background, what you see are just some preset textures from GIMP. Any ideas? Comments?

BBS Signature

Response to Screw Collab 3- You're A Tool! 2011-04-11 09:39:35

At 4/10/11 06:55 PM, Luwano wrote: Comments?

I like it! I gotta say I love the expression on the nail's face!

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to Screw Collab 3- You're A Tool! 2011-04-14 22:58:54

At 4/14/11 10:15 PM, TeamRate wrote: heres my entrie

You barely changed it from the first time you submitted it.....

Still looks like shit.

Response to Screw Collab 3- You're A Tool! 2011-04-15 15:57:56

So...

I decided to animate something a day or two ago, which happened to relate to this.
Anyway, flash crashed before i could save a version with a decent background, but if you can embed the swf i suppose its fine.

Workshoppe

If you deem it relevant and awesome enough feel free to count it as my submission, else.... i may come up with something else in the unforseeable future.

...meanwhile im going to see if i can recover the *.fla file, and save as flash 8 or something