Be a Supporter!

Husband snaps at abortion protester

  • 2,585 Views
  • 71 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
BezFriend
BezFriend
  • Member since: Sep. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Husband snaps at abortion protester Oct. 31st, 2010 @ 04:43 PM Reply

And surprisingly, someone with more worst condition survived the birth:

Shiloh Pepin
Shiloh Jade Pepin (August 4, 1999 - October 23, 2009) was born in Kennebunkport, Maine on August 4, 1999, with her lower extremities fused, no bladder, no uterus, only 6 inches of large colon, no vagina, and with only one quarter of a kidney and one ovary. Her parents initially anticipated she could expect only a few months of life. Her natural kidney failed when she was just 3 months old. After that she was on dialysis. A kidney transplant at age 2 lasted a number of years, and in 2007 a second kidney transplant was successful. She attended Consolidated Elementary School. Shiloh was the only one of the three survivors of sirenomelia without surgery for separation of the conjoined legs. She died fighting a serious case of pneumonia on October 23, 2009, at Maine Medical Center in Portland, Maine, at the age of 10. Shiloh gained a following of admirers by documenting her condition on TV, Facebook and Internet.

From wikipedia

ThePretenders
ThePretenders
  • Member since: Dec. 23, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Husband snaps at abortion protester Oct. 31st, 2010 @ 07:01 PM Reply

Pro-lifers are annoying cunts and they should take their Christian bullshit somewhere else, where nobody will be disturbed by such crap.


BBS Signature
poxpower
poxpower
  • Member since: Dec. 2, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Husband snaps at abortion protester Oct. 31st, 2010 @ 07:09 PM Reply

At 10/31/10 04:43 PM, BezFriend wrote: And surprisingly, someone with more worst condition survived the birth:

Yeah what a great story of a little girl who died at the age of 10 of pneumonia after a life of experimental surgeries and failed organ transplant.

Until you're working with those people yourself and you're the one taking care of them and paying for them, shut the hell up.

And I wonder what you'd say if a doctor told you there was a good chance your wife would die during labor unless you had an abortion. Have fun pro-lifing that one.


BBS Signature
The-universe
The-universe
  • Member since: Apr. 6, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Husband snaps at abortion protester Oct. 31st, 2010 @ 07:17 PM Reply

At 10/31/10 04:43 PM, BezFriend wrote: And surprisingly, someone with more worst condition survived the birth:

The very rare exception doesn't disprove the rule.

Besides, what part of that article or even your own wiki citation did you not read?

This is what the wikipedia page YOU gave said:
"is usually fatal within a day or two of birth because of complications associated with abnormal kidney and urinary bladder development and function. More than half the cases of sirenomelia result in stillbirth"

From the article you were given:
"After extensive testing at a renowned Boston hospital three weeks earlier......Our doctors told us there was zero chance for survival."

The links you were given had proven the baby was dead nonetheless. Your OWN links had proven the baby was dead nonetheless. Even the exact part already stated the baby died nonetheless!!

The next time, try to actually read what you've been given, or at least what you supply.


It's not the lack of crimes that values your morality but your capacity for contrition.

Click this and one day I'll be worth bazillions.

Warforger
Warforger
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Husband snaps at abortion protester Oct. 31st, 2010 @ 08:01 PM Reply

Meh I wouldn't be angry, I didn't know about the deformities the babies could get so I doubt they would either.

At 10/29/10 09:22 AM, BezFriend wrote: I don't see any science in abortion. It's actually very primitive similar to cannibalism.

......What? Its like murder not cannibalism.....


"If you don't mind smelling like peanut butter for two or three days, peanut butter is darn good shaving cream.
" - Barry Goldwater.

BBS Signature
aviewaskewed
aviewaskewed
  • Member since: Feb. 4, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to Husband snaps at abortion protester Nov. 1st, 2010 @ 01:13 AM Reply

But didn't you guys know? BezFriend is a "doctor". So he actually knows more then all of us because he said he was a doctor on the internet and then proceeds to show total ignorance of even the basics...I think he's my new favorite poster of inane bullshit on the boards.


You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator
The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.
PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature
BezFriend
BezFriend
  • Member since: Sep. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Husband snaps at abortion protester Nov. 1st, 2010 @ 08:34 AM Reply

Just because a person will have a risk of dying (mind you I used the word "risk" and not "certainly" die), doesn't became a licence to kill. Every person risks death within 100 years of living, does that mean that they should not be given a chance to live? In that case, everyone should die. If I'm that kid, 10 years is good - but it doesn't mean it can't be better.

The people of the United States are kind enough to give support when one asks kindly and let them know in the first place. How did you think the person I quoted got funded? Lacking money is never an excuse to let someone die.

Again, I don't like statistics. Especially when used in rare events. Statistics show that a person suffering from a cancer of the terebal cranium will 100% die within the next two months. And if one looks behind the statistics, you'll see that there was only one guy in the whole world who have a cancer of herebal cranium. And he died within two months. Does that mean that people who also have herebal cranium will 100% die? So before that happens we should already kill that person so to save cost for food, shelter etc? Also, he might endanger other people, knowing that he will die, he might kill someone. Is it even a valid excuse to kill?

BezFriend
BezFriend
  • Member since: Sep. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Husband snaps at abortion protester Nov. 1st, 2010 @ 08:36 AM Reply

At 10/31/10 08:01 PM, Warforger wrote: Meh I wouldn't be angry, I didn't know about the deformities the babies could get so I doubt they would either.

At 10/29/10 09:22 AM, BezFriend wrote: I don't see any science in abortion. It's actually very primitive similar to cannibalism.
......What? Its like murder not cannibalism.....

I like cannibalism more - murder lost its gruesome appeal already because of Left 4 dead.

BezFriend
BezFriend
  • Member since: Sep. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Husband snaps at abortion protester Nov. 1st, 2010 @ 08:43 AM Reply

At 10/31/10 08:01 PM, Warforger wrote: Meh I wouldn't be angry, I didn't know about the deformities the babies could get so I doubt they would either.

At 10/29/10 09:22 AM, BezFriend wrote: I don't see any science in abortion. It's actually very primitive similar to cannibalism.
......What? Its like murder not cannibalism.....

Also, just a correction. Abortion is not like murder, it IS murder.

aviewaskewed
aviewaskewed
  • Member since: Feb. 4, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to Husband snaps at abortion protester Nov. 1st, 2010 @ 02:28 PM Reply

At 11/1/10 08:36 AM, BezFriend wrote: I like cannibalism more - murder lost its gruesome appeal already because of Left 4 dead.

Doesn't matter what you like "doctor" there is a specific definition for the word. If what you're comparing doesn't meet the definition, you can't use the word. Come on "doctor" you should have learned this in basic college, let alone whatever "medical school" you went to.


You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator
The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.
PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature
BezFriend
BezFriend
  • Member since: Sep. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Husband snaps at abortion protester Nov. 1st, 2010 @ 02:39 PM Reply

At 11/1/10 02:28 PM, aviewaskewed wrote:
At 11/1/10 08:36 AM, BezFriend wrote: I like cannibalism more - murder lost its gruesome appeal already because of Left 4 dead.
Doesn't matter what you like "doctor" there is a specific definition for the word. If what you're comparing doesn't meet the definition, you can't use the word. Come on "doctor" you should have learned this in basic college, let alone whatever "medical school" you went to.

"Specific"? A word has no "specific" definition. Even dictionaries lists multiple definitions of a word. A word can also be used as an analogy or idiom.

Leap
Leap
  • Member since: Feb. 4, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Husband snaps at abortion protester Nov. 1st, 2010 @ 02:39 PM Reply

Thank god we don't have people like this in the UK, or at least they're not nearly as prevelent. That father had way more restraint than I would in that suitation, when I was watching that vid I was thinking to myself "go on, push the bitch into traffic, nobody will miss her"


.

BBS Signature
aviewaskewed
aviewaskewed
  • Member since: Feb. 4, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to Husband snaps at abortion protester Nov. 1st, 2010 @ 02:56 PM Reply

At 11/1/10 02:39 PM, BezFriend wrote: "Specific"? A word has no "specific" definition. Even dictionaries lists multiple definitions of a word. A word can also be used as an analogy or idiom.

Here's what the dictionary says for Cannibalism, all definitions: Cannibalism

Show me which of those definitions relates to abortion or stop using the word. Word's have meanings, if they didn't we wouldn't use them as labels for things. In no way under those definitions for the word can I see it relating to abortion. Thus your analogy is a shitty analogy. Or are you actually going to try and tell me analogies can't be wrong? Ball is in your court "doctor"


You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator
The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.
PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature
The-universe
The-universe
  • Member since: Apr. 6, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Husband snaps at abortion protester Nov. 1st, 2010 @ 03:49 PM Reply

I spent 2 hours last night hunting through boxes and hooking my laptop up to my old TV just for this predictable response.

At 11/1/10 08:34 AM, BezFriend wrote: Just because a person will have a risk of dying (mind you I used the word "risk" and not "certainly" die), doesn't became a licence to kill.

I'll say again:
"After extensive testing at a renowned Boston hospital three weeks earlier......Our doctors told us there was zero chance for survival."

"After extensive testing at a renowned Boston hospital three weeks earlier......Our doctors told us there was zero chance for survival."

"After extensive testing at a renowned Boston hospital three weeks earlier......Our doctors told us there was zero chance for survival."

"After extensive testing at a renowned Boston hospital three weeks earlier......Our doctors told us there was zero chance for survival."

Every person risks death within 100 years of living, does that mean that they should not be given a chance to live? In that case, everyone should die. If I'm that kid, 10 years is good - but it doesn't mean it can't be better.

Yes because a child receiving treatment after treatment, surgery after surgery of a fatal illness that they could not win is a marvellous life to live.

HOW can it get better?


The people of the United States are kind enough to give support when one asks kindly and let them know in the first place. How did you think the person I quoted got funded? Lacking money is never an excuse to let someone die.

Who said it was? You seem to love to just spout anything you want without actually addressing any of the criticisms you've been given.


Again, I don't like statistics.

Because you don't understand them.

Especially when used in rare events. Statistics show that a person suffering from a cancer of the terebal cranium will 100% die within the next two months. And if one looks behind the statistics, you'll see that there was only one guy in the whole world who have a cancer of herebal cranium. And he died within two months. Does that mean that people who also have herebal cranium will 100% die? So before that happens we should already kill that person so to save cost for food, shelter etc? Also, he might endanger other people, knowing that he will die, he might kill someone. Is it even a valid excuse to kill?

Terebal Cranium? Care to give me a lesson on what that is, doctor?

And yes, you don't understand statistics. Sirenomelia isn't as rare as only one person ever having it. Depending on your sources for estimates, about 20-30 thousand children have sirenomelia. Here's a fun number related fact, 20 thousand is more than 1. So that's pissed on your bonfire from the start. Secondly you've completely misunderstood how statistics work or what they show. This is firstly obvious by the fact that your sample size consists of ONE. Name me one legitimate statistical analysis where there is only one sample. You've also forgotten the fact that medical analysis can play a part in the likelihood of survival.

Here's the conclusion:
The fucking parasite would've died regardless and using an example that didn't even have the usual organ problems means absolutely fuck all.

Abortion isn't murder.
Abortion isn't immoral.
Abortion isn't sinful.

Actually abortion isn't anything except a legal medical procedure.

Get over it.


It's not the lack of crimes that values your morality but your capacity for contrition.

Click this and one day I'll be worth bazillions.

BezFriend
BezFriend
  • Member since: Sep. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Husband snaps at abortion protester Nov. 1st, 2010 @ 04:27 PM Reply

At 11/1/10 02:56 PM, aviewaskewed wrote:
At 11/1/10 02:39 PM, BezFriend wrote: "Specific"? A word has no "specific" definition. Even dictionaries lists multiple definitions of a word. A word can also be used as an analogy or idiom.
Here's what the dictionary says for Cannibalism, all definitions: Cannibalism

Show me which of those definitions relates to abortion or stop using the word. Word's have meanings, if they didn't we wouldn't use them as labels for things. In no way under those definitions for the word can I see it relating to abortion. Thus your analogy is a shitty analogy. Or are you actually going to try and tell me analogies can't be wrong? Ball is in your court "doctor"

Ok, here it is:
World English Dictionary
cannibalism (%u02C8kæn%u026Ab%u0259%u02CCl%u026Az%u0 259m)

- n
1. the act of eating human flesh or the flesh of one's own kind
2. savage and inhuman cruelty

Also, you have sliced my analogy up. What i said was: It's actually very primitive similar to cannibalism. Now, I believe almost everyone would agree that cannibalism is primitive. Take note, I used the word "almost". So to compare abortion to cannibalism in the "primitive" sense - I see nothing wrong.

BezFriend
BezFriend
  • Member since: Sep. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Husband snaps at abortion protester Nov. 1st, 2010 @ 04:51 PM Reply

At 11/1/10 03:49 PM, The-universe wrote: I spent 2 hours last night hunting through boxes and hooking my laptop up to my old TV just for this predictable response.

At 11/1/10 08:34 AM, BezFriend wrote: Just because a person will have a risk of dying (mind you I used the word "risk" and not "certainly" die), doesn't became a licence to kill.
I'll say again:
"After extensive testing at a renowned Boston hospital three weeks earlier......Our doctors told us there was zero chance for survival."

"After extensive testing at a renowned Boston hospital three weeks earlier......Our doctors told us there was zero chance for survival."

"After extensive testing at a renowned Boston hospital three weeks earlier......Our doctors told us there was zero chance for survival."

"After extensive testing at a renowned Boston hospital three weeks earlier......Our doctors told us there was zero chance for survival."

Are you even talking about the same link? Because it didn't say Boston Hospital but A WOMEN'S CLINIC. Check the OP's link.

Every person risks death within 100 years of living, does that mean that they should not be given a chance to live? In that case, everyone should die. If I'm that kid, 10 years is good - but it doesn't mean it can't be better.
Yes because a child receiving treatment after treatment, surgery after surgery of a fatal illness that they could not win is a marvellous life to live.

HOW can it get better?

The people of the United States are kind enough to give support when one asks kindly and let them know in the first place. How did you think the person I quoted got funded? Lacking money is never an excuse to let someone die.
Who said it was? You seem to love to just spout anything you want without actually addressing any of the criticisms you've been given.

Again, I don't like statistics.
Because you don't understand them.

Especially when used in rare events. Statistics show that a person suffering from a cancer of the terebal cranium will 100% die within the next two months. And if one looks behind the statistics, you'll see that there was only one guy in the whole world who have a cancer of herebal cranium. And he died within two months. Does that mean that people who also have herebal cranium will 100% die? So before that happens we should already kill that person so to save cost for food, shelter etc? Also, he might endanger other people, knowing that he will die, he might kill someone. Is it even a valid excuse to kill?
Terebal Cranium? Care to give me a lesson on what that is, doctor?

In simple terms: Terebal Cranium is a rare disease which affect the neurological structure during a fetus development. The brain blood barrier is not fully developed while the immune system does not have the ability to distinguish which are good brain cells and bad - thus basically eating the brain off from the newly born child. The disease activates once the child breaths oxygen through his/her own lungs.

However, I believe the disease is not rare and fatal at all. I've seen brain-dead people asking for what Terebal Cranium is.

And yes, you don't understand statistics. Sirenomelia isn't as rare as only one person ever having it. Depending on your sources for estimates, about 20-30 thousand children have sirenomelia. Here's a fun number related fact, 20 thousand is more than 1. So that's pissed on your bonfire from the start. Secondly you've completely misunderstood how statistics work or what they show. This is firstly obvious by the fact that your sample size consists of ONE. Name me one legitimate statistical analysis where there is only one sample. You've also forgotten the fact that medical analysis can play a part in the likelihood of survival.

Statistics are made up 87.76% of the time. It is a bunch of lies. May I ask you respectfully if you have studied statistics in college? Because if you do, you'll know how we make numbers to suit our arguments. 20-30 thousand children is not statistically significant compared to 100 trillions of people born since human walked the Earth.

Here's the conclusion:
The fucking parasite would've died regardless and using an example that didn't even have the usual organ problems means absolutely fuck all.

Abortion isn't murder.
Abortion isn't immoral.
Abortion isn't sinful.

Actually abortion isn't anything except a legal medical procedure.

Get over it.

I don't share your belief. If you came from a parasite - then it must mean that after 20-30 years, you are going to grow into an adult parasite. Well, unlike you, most of us are human. And we were talking about human fetus, not parasites.

Compared to parasitic kingdom from where you came from, when we kill another of our kind - regardless of age, we call it murder. And you see, we have this Philosophy of Ethics and Morals which with careful reflection, understand that the human fetus has the "potential" capability of becoming a full grown human being, infringing upon it in a way so as to obstruct its "becoming" is what we consider immoral. And I do say that the concept of "sins" came from doing what is immoral and unjust.

Next stage would be the legalization of killing your kids, because they're still a "parasite" feeding off from your hard earned money. /satire

You know, these pro-choice and pro-life people have a common ground - CARE. They are caring people. These people are not evil zombies who wish women harm. These people are alike - they are passionate about their case because it makes sense. To limit ourselves and our ideologies into just one side is a pitfall that causes racism and invisible division amongst ourselves.

BezFriend
BezFriend
  • Member since: Sep. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Husband snaps at abortion protester Nov. 1st, 2010 @ 05:04 PM Reply

Also, I've just got to clear something up: DO NOT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOUR DOCTOR SAYS.

This is the most important lesson I've learned in Harvard Medicine school. That is why it is always necessary to ask for second opinions (which the couple obviously didn't do). I'll tell you a secret, when we, the doctors say you've got cancer and are going to live for just two months, you know, we don't really know how long you're going to live - but like horoscope authors, we just say it so that we would look all knowing and powerful. The feeling is great. And the patient benefits from enjoying their remaining life to the fullest.

You see, contrary to popular belief, we doctors are also human - not god. We look to the past to cure people - what works and what doesn't - but we're just the worst fortune teller ever.

The-universe
The-universe
  • Member since: Apr. 6, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Husband snaps at abortion protester Nov. 1st, 2010 @ 06:25 PM Reply

At 11/1/10 04:51 PM, BezFriend wrote: Are you even talking about the same link? Because it didn't say Boston Hospital but A WOMEN'S CLINIC. Check the OP's link.

I'm talking about this link. A link that you have been supplied THREE times already. A link that specifies there is absolutely NO chance of survival.


In simple terms: Terebal Cranium is a rare disease which affect the neurological structure during a fetus development. The brain blood barrier is not fully developed while the immune system does not have the ability to distinguish which are good brain cells and bad - thus basically eating the brain off from the newly born child. The disease activates once the child breaths oxygen through his/her own lungs.

Forgive me if I call bullshit, but for someone who needs to be supplied the same link 3 times doesn't get my vote of confidence.

Link would be nice. Or a reference to a medical book.

However, I believe the disease is not rare and fatal at all. I've seen brain-dead people asking for what Terebal Cranium is.

And yet, everybody here has debunked everything you've said....

Statistics are made up 87.76% of the time.

Oh the irony!!!

It is a bunch of lies. May I ask you respectfully if you have studied statistics in college?

Why would colleges teach statistical analysis if it's a bunch of lies?

Because if you do, you'll know how we make numbers to suit our arguments. 20-30 thousand children is not statistically significant compared to 100 trillions of people born since human walked the Earth.

Are you high? I was talking about the people on the earth RIGHT now! Not since the human race began you moron. The article YOU supplied said 1 in every 100,000 people get Sirenomelia. That's 0.001% of all births. There are roughly 2-ish billion children on the planet. Do the fucking math!

Or, if you want to do it another way. If 300,000 people are born everyday, 3 people today have Sirenomelia. 3 people tomorrow will have Sirenomelia. And 3 more people the next day will have and so on and so on.

But either way, your cancer analogy is bunk due to an inaccurate comparison and a misunderstanding of statistics.

But I would love for you to prove that statistics are just made up. Any peer reviewed articles at that university of yours?

I don't share your belief. If you came from a parasite - then it must mean that after 20-30 years, you are going to grow into an adult parasite. Well, unlike you, most of us are human. And we were talking about human fetus, not parasites.

Did I say that fully developed humans were parasites?

NO.


Compared to parasitic kingdom from where you came from,

What country do you live in then? Because an awful lot of them employ abortion.

when we kill another of our kind - regardless of age, we call it murder.

No it's not. It's killing another human that legally constitutes as murder. There are varying types of murder with varying levels of severity and punishment.

And you see, we have this Philosophy of Ethics and Morals which with careful reflection, understand that the human fetus has the "potential" capability of becoming a full grown human being,

Are you implying that a fetus is not a human being? Does a human have a conciousness? Does a fetus? Well....not really. Actually there is very little in similar between a person and a fetus.

"Potential" doesn't indicate certainty. We're all potentially rapists. We're all potentially terrorists. We're all potentially batmen, but that doesn't make it certain, does it?

infringing upon it in a way so as to obstruct its "becoming" is what we consider immoral. And I do say that the concept of "sins" came from doing what is immoral and unjust.

But funnily enough the bible never actually mentions abortion.


You know, these pro-choice and pro-life people have a common ground - CARE. They are caring people. These people are not evil zombies who wish women harm.

Pro-lifers don't care. If abortion was illegal, then babies that will certainly die can't be aborted (and yes, before you say ANYTHING that baby in the link was going to die). Woman at risk of dying from birth would still have to give birth. Pregnant rape victims would have to give birth to their rapists children. How would a 15 year old rape victim do that?

These people are alike - they are passionate about their case because it makes sense. To limit ourselves and our ideologies into just one side is a pitfall that causes racism and invisible division amongst ourselves.

Considering the fact that you've been arguing the pro-life side, what the hell are you talking about? How the flying fuck does abortion relate to racism?


It's not the lack of crimes that values your morality but your capacity for contrition.

Click this and one day I'll be worth bazillions.

Bacchanalian
Bacchanalian
  • Member since: Mar. 4, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Husband snaps at abortion protester Nov. 1st, 2010 @ 09:02 PM Reply

Is he trying to spell "cerebral"?


BBS Signature
HibiscusKazeneko
HibiscusKazeneko
  • Member since: Oct. 28, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Husband snaps at abortion protester Nov. 2nd, 2010 @ 01:07 AM Reply

At 11/1/10 09:02 PM, Bacchanalian wrote: Is he trying to spell "cerebral"?

It's quite possible.
This thread has digressed into such mindless drivel that spelling errors are the least of its problems.


I maek lolz. I play Steam. I fight for genital integrity.
Anything else you need?

BBS Signature
aviewaskewed
aviewaskewed
  • Member since: Feb. 4, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to Husband snaps at abortion protester Nov. 2nd, 2010 @ 02:41 AM Reply

At 11/1/10 04:27 PM, BezFriend wrote: Ok, here it is:
World English Dictionary
cannibalism (%u02C8kæn%u026Ab%u0259%u02CCl%u026Az%u0 259m)

- n
1. the act of eating human flesh or the flesh of one's own kind
2. savage and inhuman cruelty

I find it funny that this definition magically pops up for you but I don't get it from my site. Also "savage and inhuman cruelty" which again, I believe you made this definition up on the spot, can be subjective.

Also, you have sliced my analogy up. What i said was: It's actually very primitive similar to cannibalism.

It's still a bad analogy because if something is "similar to cannibalism" there should be some element which very closely links it to cannibalism. You've failed to do that.

Now, I believe almost everyone would agree that cannibalism is primitive.

Sure, however cannibalism is not equal to abortion.

Take note, I used the word "almost". So to compare abortion to cannibalism in the "primitive" sense - I see nothing wrong.

They are in no way equivalent. You should use something much closer to what you're describing. I think you just decided to pick a thing no one would object to and compared abortion to that. That's why your analogy fails. Like everything else you've ever posted really.


You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator
The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.
PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature
aviewaskewed
aviewaskewed
  • Member since: Feb. 4, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to Husband snaps at abortion protester Nov. 2nd, 2010 @ 02:44 AM Reply

At 11/1/10 09:02 PM, Bacchanalian wrote: Is he trying to spell "cerebral"?

Maybe, because I've tried to look up the actual thing he's saying and NOBODY has answers. Not wiki, not google, not medical sites...nothing. So either he's misspelling, or he's pulling things out of his ass again. Like that The Hippocratic Oath somehow legally protects doctors from lawsuits. I'm still loling at that pile of shit.


You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator
The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.
PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature
aviewaskewed
aviewaskewed
  • Member since: Feb. 4, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to Husband snaps at abortion protester Nov. 2nd, 2010 @ 03:06 AM Reply

Sorry to triple post, but this is my last word on the whole "cannabilism" controversy:

Here's what Webster's says it means. So once again, no mentioned of Bez's definition in anything but a source I can't find because it's an Encarta program apparently. I don't think it gets more credible and definitive then Webster's though.


You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator
The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.
PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Member since: Jul. 15, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to Husband snaps at abortion protester Nov. 2nd, 2010 @ 04:05 AM Reply

$20 says BezFriend really isn't a doctor/Med Student.

HogWashSoup
HogWashSoup
  • Member since: Feb. 18, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Husband snaps at abortion protester Nov. 2nd, 2010 @ 07:50 AM Reply

I am pro-life/ pro-choice.

I think that adoption is the better solution over abortion, but I also think that in the end it is their choice if they want to have an abortion.

This guy is my hero.


this is the users orange and officer. lovers till the end
If you see I have bad grammar, ignor it because I dont give a fuck

BBS Signature
BlackMinistrel
BlackMinistrel
  • Member since: Jul. 4, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Husband snaps at abortion protester Nov. 2nd, 2010 @ 07:53 AM Reply

I personally am against those protesters who impose their will on others, basing themselves on moral and religion rather than on more convincing arguments. Everyone has his/her own moral and mine says that it is wrong to force other people to think like you do when they clearly don't.

Protesting in general is not bad, but presenting disturbing images that harm a situation that is already psychologically hard to overcome is definitely the wrong way to do it.

Like he put it, they are truly despicable.

poxpower
poxpower
  • Member since: Dec. 2, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Husband snaps at abortion protester Nov. 2nd, 2010 @ 02:41 PM Reply

Avie, his definition is here: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/c annibalism
And I have no clue who added that in there because I've never ever heard that word used in that context.

At 11/2/10 04:05 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: $20 says BezFriend really isn't a doctor/Med Student.

Actually there are very stupid people who get into medicine.
Sadly. Bez is MENTAL though.


BBS Signature
aviewaskewed
aviewaskewed
  • Member since: Feb. 4, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to Husband snaps at abortion protester Nov. 2nd, 2010 @ 04:22 PM Reply

At 11/2/10 02:41 PM, poxpower wrote: Avie, his definition is here: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/c annibalism
And I have no clue who added that in there because I've never ever heard that word used in that context.

I haven't either. I've only ever heard it used in relation to human flesh, which since it's the first few definitions I always find I'd say is the "common" definition of such. So I'm still sticking to it's a bad analogy because he's using a word that has a common definition that does not relate, and because "savage and inhuman cruelty" is still subjective in many ways. What I consider "savage and inhuman" may differ from what you consider "savage and inhuman".


You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator
The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.
PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Member since: Jul. 15, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to Husband snaps at abortion protester Nov. 2nd, 2010 @ 06:13 PM Reply

At 11/2/10 02:41 PM, poxpower wrote:
At 11/2/10 04:05 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: $20 says BezFriend really isn't a doctor/Med Student.
Actually there are very stupid people who get into medicine.
Sadly. Bez is MENTAL though.

I want to see his letter of acceptance or some other proof first.

RubberTrucky
RubberTrucky
  • Member since: Mar. 27, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Husband snaps at abortion protester Nov. 2nd, 2010 @ 08:03 PM Reply

At 11/1/10 08:43 AM, BezFriend wrote: Also, just a correction. Abortion is not like murder, it IS murder.

A harsh way to put it, that is. Abortion is as much a murder as writing an amateur fanfic is theft of intellectual property. Sure, eliminating unborn life is killing a human being. But it's not on the same moral statute as killing a baby, because early trimester pregnancy makes life unviable anyway. If anything, if the woman isn't ready to have a kid, forcing a baby onto her is not morally right towards the baby. A baby should be raised in a loving environment.
In particular in case the baby has no chance of living a remotely normal life (for example severe cases of Down syndrome and other mental handicaps). It's no use raising a kid if he/she can never experience actual joy because of a debilitating handicap. Fun fact is that in early stages of pregnancy they test for down syndrome (also for toxoplasmosis) and if it is discovered they will advise you to terminate pregnancy, at least where I live.

At 11/1/10 03:49 PM, The-universe wrote:
The fucking parasite

Even though I tend to be pro-choice, this statement is as wrong as comparing abortion with cannibalism. A foetus does not fit the definition of a parasite, because a parasite is meant to be harmful to the biology of a creature. A foetus, however, is a natural part in the biologic life of the mother, hence the mother's body is built to sustain it and although the mother will alter her habits/her biology, all is for the best of both. Mothers will be laden with hormones to make them feel more cosy and on the whole, baring a baby will only progress the species.

The only case when I grant the status of parasite is in case the body of the mother becomes ill like in cases of pre-eclampsia and so on. So where removal of the foetus is necessary for the survival and well being of the mother. In other cases, the label of 'parasite' is simply a piss poor excuse for killing unborn life.
If you want to label the baby as an alien object in the body, labelling it symbiont would be fairer.


RubberJournal: READY DOESN'T EVEN BEGIN TO DESCRIBE IT!
Mathematics club: we have beer and exponentials.
Cartoon club: Cause Toons>> Charlie Sheen+Raptor

BBS Signature