00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Nue22 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

What program do you use..?

839 Views | 14 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

What program do you use..? 2010-10-25 00:32:39

this'll probably get removed for _____, but whatever.

I use Paint Tool Sai. I'll use GIMP on occassion if I need to crop something or put text on it.

You?

Response to What program do you use..? 2010-10-25 00:34:45

Oh dear, I evidently need to post art on the thread before posting a thread.

... we need edit buttons.

Response to What program do you use..? 2010-10-25 00:36:57

Oops.. I hit the post it button.

Anyways, here's just something so I guess i don't get removed. it was part of a huge, lineless picture.
But yeah, this is one of the few I have that doesn't exceed the dementions. :P

I do have.. I think.. three things uploaded to Newgrounds here.

What program do you use..?

Response to What program do you use..? 2010-10-25 01:04:56

I use the art program where you press a button and then it draws a picture for you. then I take the credit for it.

Response to What program do you use..? 2010-10-25 03:10:16

flash - quit bitching

Response to What program do you use..? 2010-10-25 03:55:12

most people use flash because they like working with vectors.

Response to What program do you use..? 2010-10-25 06:08:23

If you really want to get some discussion going, here's the best bet- even with the picture, most of your real discussion type thingies end up in the lounge one way or another.

I use Photoshop, always well and truly. I love the ability to paint, and Photoshop is really the only program I actually know how to use (years of GFX work, really, long before I started using it for art) so I stick with it - it can do cartoons effectively and all, if you know how to use it. Personally love being able to create quick, easy animations with it using the same layers that I'm drawing with.

Response to What program do you use..? 2010-10-25 09:02:36

At 10/25/10 12:32 AM, FuyumiAya wrote: this'll probably get removed for _____, but whatever.

I use Paint Tool Sai. I'll use GIMP on occassion if I need to crop something or put text on it.

You?

I use Photoshop, and occasionally flash. Photoshop would be your best bet probably for the style of that pic you posted, gimp and sai being (from what ive heard) pretty similar to ps.
FYI; the picture you upload doesnt have to actually fit the dimensions, and it doesnt have to be >150k either. Newgrounds will automatically resize it to fit the forum; this smaller version should be >150K.

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to What program do you use..? 2010-10-25 09:26:19

At 10/25/10 03:55 AM, Penboy wrote: most people use flash because they like working with vectors.

From what I've seen, most people use Photoshop.

Personally, I use Corel Painter. Mostly because I have a strong dislike of Adobe's art programs, and because I find it really comfortable to use.

My Art Thread.

Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature

Response to What program do you use..? 2010-10-25 11:22:17

I am Gimp, all the way. It's not the most user friendly thing, but it can do pretty much anything Photoshop can do for 500$ less.

I tried Paint Tool Sai, but it was too much like real painting, which I don't like.

Response to What program do you use..? 2010-10-25 11:36:06

i usually switch between paint tool sai and photoshop, and graphics gale only for pixel art, iv got flash but never use it,

Response to What program do you use..? 2010-10-25 19:05:13

At 10/25/10 09:02 AM, J-qb wrote:
At 10/25/10 12:32 AM, FuyumiAya wrote: this'll probably get removed for _____, but whatever.

You?
I use Photoshop, and occasionally flash. Photoshop would be your best bet probably for the style of that pic you posted, gimp and sai being (from what ive heard) pretty similar to ps.
FYI; the picture you upload doesnt have to actually fit the dimensions, and it doesnt have to be >150k either. Newgrounds will automatically resize it to fit the forum; this smaller version should be >150K.

so; as the wonderfully amazing rob has brought to my attention I seem to have misplaced my keyboard keys; have the < end up in the place of the > and vice versa. It should of course be <150k on both instances instead of >150k. Sincerly sorry about this whole to-do, I remain, faithfull yours, JQB

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to What program do you use..? 2010-10-25 19:53:45

frequently I use flash but I use photoshop and illustrator too

BBS Signature

Response to What program do you use..? 2010-10-25 22:33:35

At 10/25/10 07:05 PM, J-qb wrote: so; as the wonderfully amazing rob has brought to my attention I seem to have misplaced my keyboard keys; have the < end up in the place of the > and vice versa. It should of course be <150k on both instances instead of >150k. Sincerely sorry about this whole to-do, I remain, faithfull yours, JQB

Haha! It's okay, I tend to do that too.
And really, what I have posted on the forums really isn't much my style so much as an experiment.
I really never took a shine to photoshop, though the liquify tool would be a very lovely thing to have to adjust my lines properly. x.x
But I'm quite loyal to Sai. But I also left out an additional use to GIMP: I'll draw frames on Sai and put them together into a .gif in GIMP

Response to What program do you use..? 2010-10-26 03:10:52

At 10/25/10 11:22 AM, AcetheSuperVillain wrote: I am Gimp, all the way. It's not the most user friendly thing, but it can do pretty much anything Photoshop can do for 500$ less.

I tried Paint Tool Sai, but it was too much like real painting, which I don't like.

Why do people keep thinking this? Photoshop is not 500 fucking dollars, you're looking at the business/establishment/institution-licen sed version, and nobody would be idiotic to pay that much for a program, regardless of how good it is - it is, in a sense, just a much more refined and professional version of Gimp, or even one of the many minor image-altering programs out there. It is, usually, about $40-$50 AUD. Hell, I got my version for about $35.

That's under a tenth of the price you're being scared off.