New Topic Respond to this Topic
Soviet
Soviet
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
New Spyro the dragon game? Oct. 17th, 2010 @ 05:57 AM Reply

A new spyro game has been rumored, although it has only been rumored to be on only wii and DS, the game is been named so far as "Spyro Kingdoms"

It is unknown if it will return to the original spyro's concept, The legend of spyro concept or be an entire new concept, hell I am not even sure if it will be an actual spyro the dragon game at all.

I don't even know why am I am posting this -_-

Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to New Spyro the dragon game? Oct. 17th, 2010 @ 06:49 AM Reply

I stopped following Spyro really early on, so I'm not really of much help here. I would, however, love the Spyro series to go back to the same style I saw in whatever game it was I had. It was great fun, and even though it was a good few years ago now and I'd have been fairly young at the time, I still think it's a title I would enjoy.

BBS + Chat Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!
Want to instant message me? [ Skype - DeanNewgrounds ]

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to New Spyro the dragon game? Oct. 17th, 2010 @ 08:53 AM Reply

At 10/17/10 05:57 AM, Soviet wrote: I don't even know why am I am posting this -_-

That is a very good question. However, I feel we can say a few things about whatever is going on with Spyro. Personally I stopped following the series after the third game (in other words, after Insomniac dropped the series) and I feel like throwing up every time I see newer Spyro. I don't know about the series going back to the original concept or whatever. I feel the only way they can do that is get Insomniac to make the Spyro games again but that's highly unlikely.

This thread does tell me I should pick up the Spyro games again sometime.

[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

KeroKeroMario
KeroKeroMario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to New Spyro the dragon game? Oct. 17th, 2010 @ 09:07 AM Reply

At 10/17/10 05:57 AM, Soviet wrote: A new spyro game

I stopped reading there, others may stop at this:

on only wii and DS, the

Spyro hasn't seen better days since the PS1 era. Same for Crash Bandicoot. I doubt this game could rejuvenate the series, especially on the Wii and DS.

ArmouredGRIFFON
ArmouredGRIFFON
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Reader
Response to New Spyro the dragon game? Oct. 17th, 2010 @ 09:56 AM Reply

Ripto <3

Your friendly neighbourhood devils advocate.

BBS Signature
egoraptorfreak1
egoraptorfreak1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Programmer
Response to New Spyro the dragon game? Oct. 17th, 2010 @ 10:43 AM Reply

i stopped following spyro when he got a life bar, had to upgrade his attacks and sparx could speak. once the third game was over spyro struggled to keep its fanbsae because to many features(ice, electric, bubble breath) kept getting in the way of real gameplay and soon the series died to me

if they want to put a new spyro on wii or DS then they can but it will never beat insomniacs take on the that definitley changed a good chunk of my childhood into video games.

WTF happend to Duke Nukem, Crash Bandicoot and Spyro?

BBS Signature
Blaze-Heatnix
Blaze-Heatnix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to New Spyro the dragon game? Oct. 17th, 2010 @ 11:01 AM Reply

I keep hoping this "revival of old franchises trend" includes Crash 4 and Spyro 4 at some point. Even if it was just Crash and Spyro taking a shit, I'd play it.

Hiphopopotamus
Hiphopopotamus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to New Spyro the dragon game? Oct. 17th, 2010 @ 08:44 PM Reply

Spyro should of died with the Playstation 1.

Sig by Maximus

BBS Signature
orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 19
Gamer
Response to New Spyro the dragon game? Oct. 17th, 2010 @ 11:09 PM Reply

At 10/17/10 05:57 AM, Soviet wrote: A new spyro game has been rumored, although it has only been rumored to be on only wii and DS, the game is been named so far as "Spyro Kingdoms"

When a PS1 exclusive series goes multiplatform, then you know the franchise is basically dead, that's pretty much what happen to Crash, and now it's happening to Spyro.

It is unknown if it will return to the original spyro's concept, The legend of spyro concept or be an entire new concept, hell I am not even sure if it will be an actual spyro the dragon game at all.

I highly doubt it will be the same concept it was with the PS originals, I would probably imagine the new game will be more of a cheesy adventure instead of an action/platforming game like it was in the past.
It's really a shame that Spyro went down the toliet like this, {much like Crash} considering how good the first 2 or 3 games were, but I guess Insomiac wanted to go in a different direction by the time the PS2 arrived.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature
Zetvirus55
Zetvirus55
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to New Spyro the dragon game? Oct. 18th, 2010 @ 05:29 PM Reply

Can we let this once great series rest in peace?

DEEZNUTS