Support NATA 2014
Struggle
Struggle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Perspective. Oct. 16th, 2010 @ 05:47 PM Reply

This makes me feel small; and like I'm wasting my time.
Do any of you ever feel this way? Does newgrounds take up too much of your time that you could be out experiencing the world and enjoying life -taking in all it has to offer? If not newgrounds; the internet? Do you enjoy the dim white glow of your computer monitor more than the healthy warmth of the sun?
Sometimes I think I'm wasting my time on computers.

"We succeeded in taking that picture [from deep space], and, if you look at it, you see a dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever lived, lived out their lives. The aggregate of all our joys and sufferings, thousands of confident religions, ideologies and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilizations, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every hopeful child, every mother and father, every inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every superstar, every supreme leader, every saint and sinner in the history of our species, lived there on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam."
- Carl Sagan

Perspective.

BBS Signature
Kanon
Kanon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Perspective. Oct. 16th, 2010 @ 05:52 PM Reply

At 10/16/10 05:51 PM, MuyBurrito wrote: All the more reason to launch civilization into the stars, colonize new worlds, and take it all over.

After destroying the planet we were all born on, only to move to another and continue doing so.

PSN: Tysonizer, Best Thread of 2012.

BBS Signature
SovietRussia
SovietRussia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Perspective. Oct. 16th, 2010 @ 06:28 PM Reply

go outside, problem solved.

BBS Signature
defegistor
defegistor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Perspective. Oct. 16th, 2010 @ 06:35 PM Reply

"I look up- many people feel small, because they are small and the universe is big. But I feel big because my atoms came from those stars."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Yert
Yert
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Art Lover
Polonium
Polonium
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Perspective. Oct. 16th, 2010 @ 06:44 PM Reply

I didn't ask to be born so why should I be obligated to take advantage of it

in a way i can't wait to die so I can finally stop having to deal with the endless stream of annoying shitty little problems and responsibilities that society throws at me all damned day in return for the tiniest modicum of occasional happiness, after I've finished spending 23 hours 59 minutes of my time pleasing other people chasing themselves down the same drain

it's so hard to extract anything good out of the bullshit that it isn't worth the effort

BBS Signature
Tiggargh
Tiggargh
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to Perspective. Oct. 16th, 2010 @ 07:13 PM Reply

At 10/16/10 05:54 PM, MuyBurrito wrote:
At 10/16/10 05:52 PM, Kanon wrote:
At 10/16/10 05:51 PM, MuyBurrito wrote: All the more reason to launch civilization into the stars, colonize new worlds, and take it all over.
After destroying the planet we were all born on, only to move to another and continue doing so.
It won't actually happen that way. People have free will.

Unfortunately, free will, I suspect, is part of the problem. For each one who is making an effort to save our planet, I would estimate there are at least ten who exercise that beautiful free will to do absolutely nothing for the Earth. Maybe I've just lost faith in humanity.

BBS Signature
ArmouredGRIFFON
ArmouredGRIFFON
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Reader
Response to Perspective. Oct. 16th, 2010 @ 07:21 PM Reply

That was beautiful.

But 'you' are not insignificant, as you actually differ the lives to whoever reads what you posted in some way or another.

Perception is relative. If you feel big, then you are big. If you feel small, then you are small. In your perception. That is in the same way, if someone is deemed funny, its not that they have the natural property of 'funnyness' rather that we perceive them as funny, and it is society which gauges the property of 'funny'.

The world needs more love.

Your friendly neighbourhood devils advocate.

BBS Signature