Dreamscaper
Dreamscaper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Gretel & Hansel 2 Medal Guide 2010-10-12 21:12:47

*******WARNING*******SPOILER ALERT*******WARNING*******SPOILER ALERT*******

Since I see a lot of people asking about how to get certain medals in this game (some of which have been asked about a lot), I thought I'd help those people out. Below is a step-by-step of how to get all the medals in this game excluding the two broken medals at this time.

BAD DOGGY
Near the end of the game when you face the wolf on the bridge, simply turn around and run the other way but not to the next screen with the giant pink plant because the wolf will not chase you that far. Simply let the wolf catch you.

BETWEEN A ROCK AND A HARD PLACE
Let the evil spirit that stole the old man's hat crush you between the two rocks it slams together.

BIG BROTHER
When in control of the fairy, fly around and grab the lamp hanging at the top of the tree and fill it with water flowing out of the side of the hill. Fly up over Hansel when he gets close enough to the hill, and he'll drink the water and then urinate on the flowers. A pop-up bubble will appear with Hansel's face. Click on it, and Hansel will try to grab you but instead eat the wiry branch that pops out killing the spirit that trapped the fairy queen. Gretel will later be revived and hug Hansel.

FREE BIRD
On the screen where Hansel is leaning over the cliff edge next to the bridge that appears with the two statues, go over next to Hansel and hit him with the stick causing him to fall over the cliff.

FROSTY IMPALER
When you go into the ice cave, light both of the lanterns causing the ice witch to free her arms, and she will stab you in your head.

GOT WOOD?
While at the dinner table tied up, eat everything that looks edible like the acorn, pie and cake; or you could just eat the cake when the tree monster gets your order. You will be impaled by tree branches.

GUT BUSTING
Simply walk over the bear trap that is placed in the secluded area just before you get to the tree with eyes.

HERE DOGGY!
When you enter the ice cave for the first time with the torch, carefully only light the lantern on the right side in front of the bone. Once the bone is accessible, grab it, and when you get to the wolf, use the bone instead of the bow and arrow.

METAL MEAL
This is found when you're a fairy and you get Hansel to pick up the scissors. Once he picks them up, click on the thought bubble that shows the scissors, and Hansel will swallow the scissors.

NEVER HIT AN OLD MAN
Go up in front of the old man who's missing his hat before he starts playing his banjo, and hit him with your stick. Stand close enough and he will grab you and choke you to death after you strike him.

REVENGE
This is probably one of the more difficult medals to unearth simply because there are really no clues that lead up on how to uncover. Once you use the fairy to get Hansel to rescue Gretel, go back to the hanging rabbit screen and hit Hansel three to five consecutive times, and Hansel will get pissed and punch the shit out of you.

SAVIOUR
This is basically the opposite of the GOT WOOD? medal. During all the times the wood monster takes your order, pick all the disgusting things to eat like the severed foot, arm, skull with apple in mouth, and eat them all, and you'll puke each time. If you were not to eat anything by shaking your head, the wood monster would get furious and clap his branches causing the other two children to slowly die by his spell. If you were to eat all the other food that actually looks edible, you would die. Once you go through all the courses, he'll only give you the option to eat a cake, which would surely seal the death deal on its own. DO NOT EAT THIS CAKE! Once he offers this cake, take a swig of the drink, and a spitting face will appear as a thought bubble. Click on this bubble, and Gretel will spit the drink into the candles causing the tree monster to catch on fire fleeing into the next room.

SENSORY OVERLOAD
You will need to collect all three of the missing pieces that go to the two statues near the cliff, which later reveals a bridge, once you place them in their corresponding statue. I won't go into detail as to how to get the missing pieces because there are several steps. Just message me with any questions on how to get these.

SLAYER
Instead of getting the bone from the ice witch, just light the left lantern stand to receive the arrow and use the arrow to kill the wolf near the end.

SNIP SNIP
Make Hansel pick up the scissors, and then make the fairy fly close to Hansel and the scissors, and Hansel will cut the fairy in half.

SPIKED
On the screen with the deer, walk over to the pit and try to cross it, and Gretel will fall in.

SSSSSSURPRISE!
Try and cross the swamp without Hansel, and a snake will strike Gretel on the head and choke her to death.

SWAN DIVE
Go near the edge of the swamp on the screen with the skull tree, and click on the thought bubble that shows Gretel diving. Gretel will dive to her death.

WEATHER MASTER
Take the eye tablet you receive using the glasses around the skull tree, and dig where you find the dirt. Solve the weather puzzle on the screen with the giant pink flower. Take the open eye tablet and replace it with the crying eye, and turn the dial until the sun matches the open eye tablet, and daylight will come.

WHERE'S MY ARM
Just go up to the bear and click the thought bubble that appears when you're right up behind him, and he'll kill you.

A TRUSTY HAT
Get the old man's face and hat back. (Wait for the rocks to hit before crossing, then use the shovel to pull the evil spirit's head out of the ground, and then use the mirror to capture the old man's face).

A WOMAN'S TEARS
Get the woman's face back by achieving the WEATHER MASTER medal. Use the mirror on the evil spirit inside the plant, and then go back to the woman, and use the mirror to give her face back.

TILL PART 3...
Simply complete the game regardless if you achieve all the deaths.

GRIMM MASTER 2
Achieve all the deaths before you finish the game.

BIRDIE (SECRET MEDAL 1)
Go over to the hand and hit it with your stick, and it will give you the finger.

SECRET MEDAL 2
???possibly broken for now???

HEADLESS (SECRET MEDAL 3)
After you get all the deaths, go to the skull tree and all the skulls should be in place, and the tree will rise out of the swamp. Go up into the tree, and it will lower you down in a secret room with the robot creators. Go over in front of the robot on the left of the screen at the monitor, and hit him with your stick, and his head will pop off.

LIBERAL ANIMATION (SECRET MEDAL 4)
After getting the rabbit hung, before killing it with your knife, hit it with your stick 10 consecutive times.

SECRET MEDAL 5
???possibly broken for now???

SORCERESS (SECRET MEDAL 6)
This one is a bit tedious to achieve. It just takes a little time and patience. On the mini-game before you actually start the main quest, achieve 1,000 points. You also get a witch hat added to your wardrobe of hats.

YOUR HEAD ESSPLODE! (SECRET MEDAL 7)
This is similar to the WEATHER MASTER medal. Just switch the open eye tablet with the closed eye tablet, and then turn the dial until it turns to night. You should see some glowing mushrooms near the stump that Hansel is hiding in. Eat them and trip!

HOLY SHHHHHH (SECRET MEDAL 8)
This is very similar to the SORCERESS medal but takes even more time and even more patience as you will instead have to achieve 5,000 points on the mini-game.

Well, these were all the medals I could find for the meantime because I have yet to see anyone else find out how to get the other two secret medals, which leads me to believe they are broken for the time being until makopudding and djkingdb can get them debugged. I hope this helped those who were stuck!

Gretel & Hansel 2 Medal Guide

BBS Signature
hobocrow
hobocrow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Gretel & Hansel 2 Medal Guide 2010-10-12 21:49:24

well i was missing 4. now i'm just missing those 2 secret ones. thanks though.

blood darkness come unto me

DiMono
DiMono
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Gretel & Hansel 2 Medal Guide 2010-10-12 21:53:51

Yeah, you really shouldn't be giving away how to get the secret medals. That's why they're secret.

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Please help fund my horror novel. I'll love you forever.

BifernGTW
BifernGTW
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Gretel & Hansel 2 Medal Guide 2010-10-12 22:31:42

Thanks. I missed 4 medals and this thread helps ma a lot, especially the "REVENGE" one. Anyway, for the "SAVIOUR" medal, an apple with skull is poisoned (anything made from wood or plant is poisoned). Choose a "fish" instead.

EDylan
EDylan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Gamer
Response to Gretel & Hansel 2 Medal Guide 2010-10-12 22:40:09

I agree with them; perhaps you could post the other medals, but not the secret ones. That's why they are secret... other than that, this is a very useful guide to the people that need to get that one last medal. Good work.

I can't come up with a decent saying, since everyone copyrights everything.
=_=' (Classic...)

BBS Signature
Dreamscaper
Dreamscaper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to Gretel & Hansel 2 Medal Guide 2010-10-12 22:46:22

At 10/12/10 09:53 PM, DiMono wrote: Yeah, you really shouldn't be giving away how to get the secret medals. That's why they're secret.
At 10/12/10 10:40 PM, EDylan wrote: I agree with them; perhaps you could post the other medals, but not the secret ones. That's why they are secret... other than that, this is a very useful guide to the people that need to get that one last medal. Good work.

I only made this for those who get to a point where they're about to give up and need a last option. Sorry, if I have spoiled it for some of you! I only intended to help in this incredible game.

BBS Signature
Genocode
Genocode
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Gretel & Hansel 2 Medal Guide 2010-10-12 23:48:45

Yeah, he's right, I entered this post just to search what the two unknown secret medals (the 2d and the 5th) were about, I achieved all the other medals before...

However... I can see that no one knows nothing about the misterious two secret medals... ñ__ñu

Regards!

luther95
luther95
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Gretel & Hansel 2 Medal Guide 2010-10-13 10:38:55

i think one of the medals has something with the owl to do

Dreamscaper
Dreamscaper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to Gretel & Hansel 2 Medal Guide 2010-10-13 11:50:39

At 10/13/10 10:38 AM, luther95 wrote: i think one of the medals has something with the owl to do

No, even makopudding said it was thrown in there for added interaction. It isn't linked to anything at all.

Here's where I found out...
http://makopudding.newgrounds.com/news/p ost/525389

Oct. 10, 2010 | 7:17 PM
A1ice says:

curiosity killed the cat, but luckily I'm not a cat.
Anyways, I absolutely love the game, even with the few minor problems, but it was definitely worth the time to play it:]

But, I was curious as to when you use the glasses by the tree with eyes, is there any important reason as to why there is an owl in the corner of the tree?

Oct. 11, 2010 | 3:53 AM
makopudding responds:

Owl and the tombstone images are just for fun, stuff to look at, or red herrings per say.

BBS Signature
Phenom9
Phenom9
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Blank Slate
Response to Gretel & Hansel 2 Medal Guide 2010-10-13 12:18:35

Regarding the Revenge medal, you don't have to be in the rabbit death screen. It works in other places too. What would lead to such conclusion? Why you say it without testing? Anyway...

luther95
luther95
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Gretel & Hansel 2 Medal Guide 2010-10-13 12:50:19

well what do you think those secret medals might be?

PWJP
PWJP
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Gamer
Response to Gretel & Hansel 2 Medal Guide 2010-10-13 13:44:32

you're late.
also, next time, PLEASE don't reveal secret medals; they're secret for a reason, y'know.

gggp
gggp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Gretel & Hansel 2 Medal Guide 2010-10-13 14:37:58

Man i just read it all to realize you wont tell me how to get these 2 darn secret medals :( Thanks anyway

Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Writer
Response to Gretel & Hansel 2 Medal Guide 2010-10-13 16:18:54

News posts are available to one and all for a reason. If you just have to post about it, make a news post, then draw people's attention to it via the Medal Thread, which is perfectly legitimate.

Thanks.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature