Be a Supporter!

The Walking Dead

  • 122,959 Views
  • 1,999 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Jester
Jester
  • Member since: Aug. 29, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The Walking Dead 2013-10-13 18:08:17 Reply

At 10/13/13 05:50 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:
At 10/13/13 05:31 PM, Jester wrote:
I think I like the show better. There isn't much character development in the comics, even though I like the women characters better in the comics then what they are in the show. Second season female characters were obnoxious, whiny and useless. They were a little better in the third season, though.

Often the decision-making in the comics seems wrong. Some characters are just reckless and careless... Plus, the governor is a fucking dipshit in the comics :P

To each his own, I s'pose. I think the show has better character development but really slow plot movement, and that the comic has more shallow characters but steady and more interesting events. Like I thought everything pertaining to the prisoners was done a lot better in the comics, but the show has much stronger undertones of morality and all that good shit.

Also yeah the Governor is pretty consistently retarded in either medium, albeit slightly less so in the show. Rad coat, though.

The Walking Dead

HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Member since: Aug. 13, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to The Walking Dead 2013-10-13 18:31:34 Reply

At 10/13/13 06:08 PM, Jester wrote: To each his own, I s'pose. I think the show has better character development but really slow plot movement, and that the comic has more shallow characters but steady and more interesting events. Like I thought everything pertaining to the prisoners was done a lot better in the comics, but the show has much stronger undertones of morality and all that good shit.

The third season was slooooooow as fuck, yes. I agree with that. The second half had some episodes that brought so little to the plot... It really made Andrea look like a pure dumbass. How many chances did she gave that retarded governor before understanding how much of a psychopathic freak he was?!

Also yeah the Governor is pretty consistently retarded in either medium, albeit slightly less so in the show. Rad coat, though.

Once he's established as the bad guy, he just starts walking through bullets, act like Freddy Krugger and consistently making unpopular decisions, and yet Martinez and the black guy (can't rememeber his name) keep following him blindly...

naronic
naronic
  • Member since: Sep. 1, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Game Developer
Response to The Walking Dead 2013-10-13 22:07:32 Reply

IT'S AIRBORNE

The Walking Dead


BBS Signature
Darthdenim
Darthdenim
  • Member since: Apr. 22, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to The Walking Dead 2013-10-13 22:12:20 Reply

At 10/13/13 10:07 PM, naronic wrote: IT'S AIRBORNE

Looks like it.

I think a lot of people figured that out from the first trailer.

MaddieLion
MaddieLion
  • Member since: Apr. 19, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Musician
Response to The Walking Dead 2013-10-13 22:13:57 Reply

I doubt its airborne. I mean they're all already infected.

I suspect E.Coli which weakens them and then they come back. Pig eats tainted food, pig dies from E.Coli eh?


" Let the metal flow " - Chuck Schuldiner
GUITARISTS Awesome sig by Tateos.

BBS Signature
Entice
Entice
  • Member since: Jun. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to The Walking Dead 2013-10-13 22:16:37 Reply

I got sick of this show's bullshit after about four episodes, I wish anyone that's still clinging onto it luck.

MaddieLion
MaddieLion
  • Member since: Apr. 19, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Musician
Response to The Walking Dead 2013-10-13 22:21:29 Reply

At 10/13/13 10:13 PM, TheSporkLord wrote: I doubt its airborne. I mean they're all already infected.

I suspect E.Coli which weakens them and then they come back. Pig eats tainted food, pig dies from E.Coli eh?

Or hell maybe all of the bodies finally contaminated the ground and that's whats killing them.


" Let the metal flow " - Chuck Schuldiner
GUITARISTS Awesome sig by Tateos.

BBS Signature
BOOmstICK
BOOmstICK
  • Member since: Nov. 4, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 30
Melancholy
Response to The Walking Dead 2013-10-13 22:22:46 Reply

At 10/13/13 10:13 PM, TheSporkLord wrote: I doubt its airborne. I mean they're all already infected.

I suspect E.Coli which weakens them and then they come back. Pig eats tainted food, pig dies from E.Coli eh?

Yeah that makes sense, if they eat food that's been infected from the "Virus" they'll no doubt turn.

Relevant image.

The Walking Dead


I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature
Darthdenim
Darthdenim
  • Member since: Apr. 22, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to The Walking Dead 2013-10-13 22:33:58 Reply

I swear that kid with the glasses was Bad Ronald.

The Walking Dead

Darthdenim
Darthdenim
  • Member since: Apr. 22, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to The Walking Dead 2013-10-13 22:59:20 Reply

I wonder if that girl who was talking about how the walkers are still people is the one feeding them rats.

MaddieLion
MaddieLion
  • Member since: Apr. 19, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Musician
Response to The Walking Dead 2013-10-13 23:00:05 Reply

At 10/13/13 10:59 PM, Darthdenim wrote: I wonder if that girl who was talking about how the walkers are still people is the one feeding them rats.

That's what I was thinking.

Or maybe the governator is making a comeback


" Let the metal flow " - Chuck Schuldiner
GUITARISTS Awesome sig by Tateos.

BBS Signature
II2none
II2none
  • Member since: Jul. 21, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Gamer
Response to The Walking Dead 2013-10-13 23:15:18 Reply

Not a bad start to season 4 gonna be sad when machone leaves/dies.


QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr
How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature
MaddieLion
MaddieLion
  • Member since: Apr. 19, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Musician
Response to The Walking Dead 2013-10-13 23:18:07 Reply

At 10/13/13 11:00 PM, TheSporkLord wrote:
At 10/13/13 10:59 PM, Darthdenim wrote: I wonder if that girl who was talking about how the walkers are still people is the one feeding them rats.
That's what I was thinking.

Or maybe the governator is making a comeback

Except that would mean he had to be on the inside of the fence. Nevermind, not the governor.

But still maybe.

But probably not

But maybe.


" Let the metal flow " - Chuck Schuldiner
GUITARISTS Awesome sig by Tateos.

BBS Signature
Earfetish
Earfetish
  • Member since: Oct. 21, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Melancholy
Response to The Walking Dead 2013-10-14 19:48:30 Reply

after Breaking Bad I don't give a shit about any of the characters on The Walking Dead and the story arcs that don't lead to anything (like Rick meeting the crazy lady) annoy me. Also I noticed Maggie didn't seem to be wearing makeup and I thought 'yeah that makes sense, it is the end of the world', only to then immediately notice that loads of the other female characters were wearing very obvious makeup

good zombie makeup though and the zombies falling through the roof was funny

stafffighter
stafffighter
  • Member since: Apr. 17, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 57
Blank Slate
Response to The Walking Dead 2013-10-14 19:56:34 Reply

At 10/13/13 11:18 PM, TheSporkLord wrote:
At 10/13/13 11:00 PM, TheSporkLord wrote:
At 10/13/13 10:59 PM, Darthdenim wrote: I wonder if that girl who was talking about how the walkers are still people is the one feeding them rats.
That's what I was thinking.

Or maybe the governator is making a comeback
Except that would mean he had to be on the inside of the fence. Nevermind, not the governor.

I really liked that scene with the kids because it goes to show that whatever the situation that adolescent need to question the norm will always be there. That's a very realistic character moment.


I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature
HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Member since: Aug. 13, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to The Walking Dead 2013-10-14 20:04:30 Reply

At 10/14/13 07:48 PM, Earfetish wrote: after Breaking Bad

I stopped reading there.

Nor
Nor
  • Member since: Mar. 4, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Reader
Response to The Walking Dead 2013-10-14 20:07:21 Reply

At 10/14/13 08:04 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:
At 10/14/13 07:48 PM, Earfetish wrote: after Breaking Bad
I stopped reading there.

Breaking Bad is really good you should watch


私のちんちん

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Member since: Jul. 15, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 49
Programmer
Response to The Walking Dead 2013-10-14 20:17:39 Reply

so in comic book canon Carol, Hershel then Glenn should die next but knowing how they started fucking up the series by the third season it makes me question this season. I just hope they cut down on the fucking filler episodes.

Earfetish
Earfetish
  • Member since: Oct. 21, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Melancholy
Response to The Walking Dead 2013-10-14 20:55:36 Reply

HeavenDuff

I stopped reading there.

HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Member since: Aug. 13, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to The Walking Dead 2013-10-14 21:10:56 Reply

At 10/14/13 08:07 PM, Nor wrote:
At 10/14/13 08:04 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:
At 10/14/13 07:48 PM, Earfetish wrote: after Breaking Bad
I stopped reading there.
Breaking Bad is really good you should watch

I'm pretty sure it is. I'm just tired of people dickriding this series and using it as the reference point to compare others series.

At 10/14/13 08:55 PM, Earfetish wrote:
HeavenDuff
I stopped reading there.

How could you know I said "I stopped reading there", then?

Earfetish
Earfetish
  • Member since: Oct. 21, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Melancholy
Response to The Walking Dead 2013-10-14 21:23:08 Reply

At 10/14/13 09:10 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:
At 10/14/13 08:55 PM, Earfetish wrote:
HeavenDuff
I stopped reading there.
How could you know I said "I stopped reading there", then?

I had no idea you said that, what a bizarre coincidence

Jester
Jester
  • Member since: Aug. 29, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The Walking Dead 2013-10-14 21:57:37 Reply

Lots of shit happened this episode, i'm digging it. The crazy lady was pretty pointless and glasses kid spoke like it was the 1950s but I liked everything else. Glasses kid's sickness obviously has something to do with the pig, but I can't imagine why it'd be affecting him and nobody else. Maybe he was doing some weird shit to it, I don't know.

They're really not wasting any time killing off the expendable new members of Rick's group, that's 2 down already. Relieved that the Governor's not an immediate threat, because there's no non-dumb way for them to do that so soon. I liked the supermarket scene a bunch, it was a pretty clever way to throw some zombies into the mix rather than the usual "and then zombies shambled out of the forest and nobody noticed until they were really close" that this show likes to do.

How 'bout Hershel's pegleg 2.0 with the shoe and all that fancy shit

HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Member since: Aug. 13, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to The Walking Dead 2013-10-14 22:07:16 Reply

At 10/14/13 09:23 PM, Earfetish wrote: I had no idea you said that, what a bizarre coincidence

Damn! You just read another one of my posts!

Darthdenim
Darthdenim
  • Member since: Apr. 22, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to The Walking Dead 2013-10-15 01:01:33 Reply

I'm really about through with seeking out peoples opinions of this show on the internet. Just constant negativity.

They're doing it now with Homeland too.

I'm tired of the "Breaking Bad/The Wire/Game of Thrones are the only shows worth watching in history" mentality.

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Member since: Jul. 15, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 49
Programmer
Response to The Walking Dead 2013-10-15 07:39:35 Reply

Its not worth watching if they aren't going to follow the comic book canon devotely (which the comic is better) and continously feed us fucking filler episodes. I'll watch The Wire and Game of Thrones and Dexter instead.

Darthdenim
Darthdenim
  • Member since: Apr. 22, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to The Walking Dead 2013-10-15 14:13:29 Reply

At 10/15/13 07:39 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: Its not worth watching if they aren't going to follow the comic book canon devotely (which the comic is better) and continously feed us fucking filler episodes. I'll watch The Wire and Game of Thrones and Dexter instead.

I don't know.

I've read some of the comics and they're not THAT much better than the show.

I guess I was expecting some genius, masterful shit, the way the comic fans talk about it.

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Member since: Jul. 15, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 49
Programmer
Response to The Walking Dead 2013-10-15 15:24:39 Reply

At 10/15/13 02:13 PM, Darthdenim wrote:
At 10/15/13 07:39 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: Its not worth watching if they aren't going to follow the comic book canon devotely (which the comic is better) and continously feed us fucking filler episodes. I'll watch The Wire and Game of Thrones and Dexter instead.
I don't know.

I've read some of the comics and they're not THAT much better than the show.

I guess I was expecting some genius, masterful shit, the way the comic fans talk about it.

Its better than the show. The comics are non stop story with a great plot, unlike the show where you have half a season of filler episodes of people bitching about how much they're lives suck or can't get along with this person.

creepyboy
creepyboy
  • Member since: May. 30, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Artist
Response to The Walking Dead 2013-10-16 08:57:15 Reply

So, what was the deal with the nerdy kid? He got sick and died because the deer he ate was infected, or maybe Daryl passed the virus to him through his licked fingers? Anyway, slow start as usual, but the zombies on the rooftop scene was really funny.


Sorry for my bad english. I'm not from this planet
Art Page|Art Thread|DeviantArt|Youtube

BBS Signature
Otto
Otto
  • Member since: Mar. 31, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Animator
Response to The Walking Dead 2013-10-16 16:23:29 Reply

Totally unbelievable episode frankly

I mean nobody forgets to take their glasses off before a shower, no matter how sick they are


This is a song about cum on hotel walls.

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Member since: Jul. 15, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 49
Programmer
Response to The Walking Dead 2013-10-16 16:33:49 Reply

At 10/16/13 08:57 AM, creepyboy wrote: So, what was the deal with the nerdy kid? He got sick and died because the deer he ate was infected, or maybe Daryl passed the virus to him through his licked fingers? Anyway, slow start as usual, but the zombies on the rooftop scene was really funny.

in the comics people were ate infected meat.