New Topic Respond to this Topic
Darthdenim
Darthdenim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to The Walking Dead 2013-04-01 11:36:53 Reply

To all the people going "Why would Rick take on all the Woodbury people? He never takes strangers in. character inconsistency!"

Learn to read between the lines people.

He did it for Carl. Rick saw that Carl was losing his humanity, and he had to change himself in order to try and make it right.

I figured it out on my first viewing.

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to The Walking Dead 2013-04-01 11:37:53 Reply

but Rick never did it in the comics.

Slint
Slint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Audiophile
Response to The Walking Dead 2013-04-01 11:44:12 Reply

Carl is snapping I bet he'll kill everyone and be the new Governor.

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.
You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.
ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature
Otto
Otto
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Animator
Response to The Walking Dead 2013-04-01 11:48:20 Reply

At 4/1/13 11:44 AM, Slint wrote: Carl is snapping I bet he'll kill everyone and be the new Governor.

He'll grow a little emo fringe instead of an eye-patch

This is a song about cum on hotel walls.

BBS Signature
Slint
Slint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Audiophile
Response to The Walking Dead 2013-04-01 11:50:29 Reply

At 4/1/13 11:48 AM, Otto wrote:
At 4/1/13 11:44 AM, Slint wrote: Carl is snapping I bet he'll kill everyone and be the new Governor.
He'll grow a little emo fringe instead of an eye-patch

And he'd eventully die on Valentine's day from a bullet to the heart with the sole purpose of calling the episode "Bullet for my Valentine".

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.
You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.
ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature
CrazyRock
CrazyRock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Movie Buff
Response to The Walking Dead 2013-04-01 11:54:05 Reply

Carl should die.

I also updated the last pic

The Walking Dead

Thanks Chdonga for the signature. <3

BBS Signature
Otto
Otto
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Animator
Response to The Walking Dead 2013-04-01 11:56:21 Reply

At 4/1/13 11:54 AM, CrazyRock wrote: Carl should die.

I also updated the last pic

No I actually like him. His character is fair enough. He doesn't have a life time of being a cop or being a devout Christian like Rick and Herschell. No, he's spend the last vast portion of his life seeing that not firing first leads to getting fucked up. He's right to not trust anyone and turn out jaded. It's sad but true.

BBS Signature
boloneyman
boloneyman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Blank Slate
Response to The Walking Dead 2013-04-01 13:51:17 Reply

More meat shields!

They aren't even trying to hide the fact anymore. It has been one of the shows greatest weaknesses.

I am glad they didn't lose the prison so quickly, what made that so devastating in the comics is that they had control of it for so long, then lost so much and were scattered and weak. Would have been a real "meh" moment if they were there for just the one season.

I am a new terror born in death, a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend.

BBS Signature
Kanon
Kanon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Gamer
Response to The Walking Dead 2013-04-01 14:17:20 Reply

At 3/31/13 10:11 PM, Yert wrote:

No it doesn't make fucking sense, because how the fuck are you going to feed 24+ people when you were already struggling to support the population you had?

Way to blow passed the sarcasm yert.

PSN: Tysonizer, Best Thread of 2012.

BBS Signature
stafffighter
stafffighter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Blank Slate
Response to The Walking Dead 2013-04-01 15:05:26 Reply

In Carls defence that guy was not letting go of the gun. He was keeping it in his hand and it could have gone either way.

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature
Darthdenim
Darthdenim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to The Walking Dead 2013-04-01 15:12:21 Reply

I'm disappointed that the Governor never used all that surgical equipment and stuff he planned to torture Michonne with. I thought he might use it on Andrea.

It's like AMC is just afraid to go there.

ih8dude
ih8dude
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Movie Buff
Response to The Walking Dead 2013-04-01 15:16:00 Reply

Kind of weird two people who are still alive in the comics are dead now. I like it this way because reading the comics doesn't spoil anything.

Darthdenim
Darthdenim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to The Walking Dead 2013-04-01 15:41:56 Reply

I'm glad that Tyreese ans Sasha have finally joined the group.

The guy who plays Tyreese brings a real warmth to the character. He seems like such a gentle, decent person, although we have seen a hint at a possible darkside.

I look forward to seeing more of this character.

The Walking Dead

Ceratisa
Ceratisa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 07
Gamer
Response to The Walking Dead 2013-04-01 18:15:08 Reply

At 4/1/13 03:05 PM, stafffighter wrote: In Carls defence that guy was not letting go of the gun. He was keeping it in his hand and it could have gone either way.

There is no defense for that, one handed not near the trigger (asthma kid?) had multiple people with guns drawn on him. He had been in full retreat. He had openly surrendered and was slowly handing over his weapon (His body language was submissive and exposed) Carl was then a little shit about it and lied.

Otto
Otto
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Animator
Response to The Walking Dead 2013-04-01 18:22:03 Reply

At 4/1/13 06:15 PM, Ceratisa wrote:
At 4/1/13 03:05 PM, stafffighter wrote: In Carls defence that guy was not letting go of the gun. He was keeping it in his hand and it could have gone either way.
There is no defense for that, one handed not near the trigger (asthma kid?) had multiple people with guns drawn on him. He had been in full retreat. He had openly surrendered and was slowly handing over his weapon (His body language was submissive and exposed) Carl was then a little shit about it and lied.

Man he was edging so much closer though. He gave the eyes like 'just some kids, an old guy and a baby, wtf i can handle this'

I think lots woulda done what carl did just out of fear

BBS Signature
Darthdenim
Darthdenim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to The Walking Dead 2013-04-01 18:22:52 Reply

At 4/1/13 03:05 PM, stafffighter wrote:

What if that kids parents are at the prison now? That could cause problems later.

Ceratisa
Ceratisa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 07
Gamer
Response to The Walking Dead 2013-04-01 18:28:31 Reply

At 4/1/13 06:22 PM, Otto wrote:
Man he was edging so much closer though. He gave the eyes like 'just some kids, an old guy and a baby, wtf i can handle this'

Openly stated intent about handing over his happen. He didn't want to look aggressive at all. (He looked terrified to me) I don't know anyone who comes across two people with guns on you while you have absolutely no way to draw on them and thinks " I can take um"

If sarcasm wooosh for me though.

CrazyRock
CrazyRock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Movie Buff
Response to The Walking Dead 2013-04-01 19:18:04 Reply

Ehh I guess they will leave the jail and the gov. will be back in season 5 or season 6, maybe even the season 4 finale.

The Walking Dead

BBS Signature
naronic
naronic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Game Developer
Response to The Walking Dead 2013-04-01 19:28:11 Reply

Isn't it ironic that Andrea dies in the exact same fashion as Amy?

BBS Signature
naronic
naronic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Game Developer
Response to The Walking Dead 2013-04-01 19:29:58 Reply

I will say that Carl has grown a sack of nuts, even if they're only sunflower seeds.

BBS Signature
Otto
Otto
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Animator
Response to The Walking Dead 2013-04-01 19:33:24 Reply

At 4/1/13 06:28 PM, Ceratisa wrote:

Openly stated intent about handing over his happen. He didn't want to look aggressive at all. (He looked terrified to me) I don't know anyone who comes across two people with guns on you while you have absolutely no way to draw on them and thinks " I can take um"

There were other factors involved - I think his character spoke well for himself. Every time they didn't kill someone they weren't sure about, that person went off and killed one of theirs. Did you miss the whole point of his character evolution? He has grown up in the post-apocalypse landscape and it has shaped him.

BBS Signature
Ceratisa
Ceratisa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 07
Gamer
Response to The Walking Dead 2013-04-01 19:42:01 Reply

At 4/1/13 07:33 PM, Otto wrote:

There were other factors involved - I think his character spoke well for himself. Every time they didn't kill someone they weren't sure about, that person went off and killed one of theirs. Did you miss the whole point of his character evolution? He has grown up in the post-apocalypse landscape and it has shaped him.

No I got all that, did you miss the part where he was a little pussy up until he got a guy killed? I've never cared for Carl as a character.

Kid in full retreat offering to hand over his happen =/= example you gave.
Carl's evolution can easily be summed up with a little boy trying to prove himself useful despite the fact he seldom is.
Real evolution I've seen is Daryl

Snowblindeclipse
Snowblindeclipse
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to The Walking Dead 2013-04-01 19:52:57 Reply

I suspect it will be many episodes to see again to Philip, Martinez Shump and now They have taken to the road to find new people That is not cowardly, and Most Likely Philip back with long hair and long beard to equal to the Comic.
Greetings from Colombia!

Otto
Otto
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Animator
Response to The Walking Dead 2013-04-01 19:55:25 Reply

At 4/1/13 07:42 PM, Ceratisa wrote: No I got all that, did you miss the part where he was a little pussy up until he got a guy killed? I've never cared for Carl as a character.

Kid in full retreat offering to hand over his happen =/= example you gave.
Carl's evolution can easily be summed up with a little boy trying to prove himself useful despite the fact he seldom is.
Real evolution I've seen is Daryl

Oh I see so because you dislike his character then that means it's whatever you think it is

okay

And yes that example works perfectly, because any should-I-shouldn't-I conflict is an example of Carl exercising his new ideology of shoot-just-to-be-safe.

BBS Signature
stafffighter
stafffighter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Blank Slate
Response to The Walking Dead 2013-04-01 20:37:54 Reply

Yes he looked paniced but paniced people can act on impulse. This is where I get my argument. He was inching closer to them. his gun was still in his hand. He could have pointed it off to the side and then let it down. But he still had it in his control and roughly pointed at them, and with a shotgun roughly is all you need.

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature
RacistBassist
RacistBassist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to The Walking Dead 2013-04-01 20:44:30 Reply

I have a loaded weapon in my hand, pointed in the general direction of somebody, I am being told to drop it, and I start moving closer and closer. Unfortunate circumstance but completely justified.

All the cool kids have signature text

BBS Signature
CrazyRock
CrazyRock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Movie Buff
Response to The Walking Dead 2013-04-01 21:02:30 Reply

Carl is an asshole, they could've 'kept' that kid and just kind off get some info on the gov from him.

some feels

The Walking Dead

BBS Signature
stafffighter
stafffighter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Blank Slate
Response to The Walking Dead 2013-04-01 21:03:33 Reply

This is the phrase I'm getting caught on. He was HANDING OVER his gun. You do not hand over a weapon. You put it on the ground from a safe distance and then walk away. I get that he wasn't in a right state of mind but that just makes the argument to put him down stronger. Someone's not in the right frame of mind maybe the odds against an old man and a 12 year old start looking better. Maybe if you can just close the distance maybe get an arm around the kid *head explode*
It was a clean shoot.

BBS Signature
Otto
Otto
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Animator
Response to The Walking Dead 2013-04-01 21:04:22 Reply

At 4/1/13 09:02 PM, CrazyRock wrote: Carl is an asshole, they could've 'kept' that kid and just kind off get some info on the gov from him.

some feels

Yes they should've used the baby as a weight to hold him down, then young Carl, the one legged old man and young girl could've threatened him with their eyes and strong arms to not move or be even a slight danger either now or later

BBS Signature
CrazyRock
CrazyRock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Movie Buff
Response to The Walking Dead 2013-04-01 21:17:25 Reply

At 4/1/13 09:04 PM, Otto wrote:
At 4/1/13 09:02 PM, CrazyRock wrote: Carl is an asshole, they could've 'kept' that kid and just kind off get some info on the gov from him.

some feels
Yes they should've used the baby as a weight to hold him down, then young Carl, the one legged old man and young girl could've threatened him with their eyes and strong arms to not move or be even a slight danger either now or later

He was handing over his gun, and judging by his age he isn't skilled enough to quickly turn it and kill them all. Both Carl and Hershel had guns, at least one of them would survive (95% everyone who was there)

more feels

The Walking Dead

BBS Signature