New Topic Respond to this Topic
boloneyman
boloneyman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Blank Slate
Response to The Walking Dead 2012-11-14 10:36:12 Reply

At 11/14/12 09:30 AM, creepyboy wrote: Am I the only one who didn't like Lori, not because she had sex with Shane, but because she was annoying and whiny and felt almost like a filler character?

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't a fan, but not because of sleeping with Shane, but because of her Lady Mac Beth style antics and pitting Rick and Shane against each other which only risked the group's safety in the long run. That probably wasn't her intention but she could have approached the situation with a bit more tact as it was clearly volatile. But I hate that people saw her sleeping with another man, calling her a slut and hating her character from episode two on.

I am a new terror born in death, a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend.

BBS Signature
saqwert
saqwert
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to The Walking Dead 2012-11-14 10:39:49 Reply

I wanna clarify I didn't call her a slut for sleeping with Shane. I called her a slut just as a general derogatory name for women. I never liked her. Useless and annoying as fuck

She's still a slut though
A filthy one at that

creepyboy
creepyboy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to The Walking Dead 2012-11-14 11:33:29 Reply

At 11/14/12 10:36 AM, boloneyman wrote:
At 11/14/12 09:30 AM, creepyboy wrote: Am I the only one who didn't like Lori, not because she had sex with Shane, but because she was annoying and whiny and felt almost like a filler character?
Don't get me wrong, I wasn't a fan, but not because of sleeping with Shane, but because of her Lady Mac Beth style antics and pitting Rick and Shane against each other which only risked the group's safety in the long run. That probably wasn't her intention but she could have approached the situation with a bit more tact as it was clearly volatile. But I hate that people saw her sleeping with another man, calling her a slut and hating her character from episode two on.

That's exactly what I was saying. I had nothing against her on season 1, but on season 2 she was such an emotional trainwreck, but to be fair, all women were like that (Andrea, Holly, Maggie, Carol) but all those women kind of change and became more balanced and useful characters......except for Lori (and maybe Carol), the dead of both (is Carol really dead?) was a good move, that scene of Rick all fucked up killing zombies was great.

Besides, if my memory works, before Rick's coma, his relationship with Lori wasn't working and they were considering divorce, so basically their marriage was screwed before the zombie apocalypse.

Sorry for my bad english. I'm not from this planet
Art Page|Art Thread|DeviantArt|Twitter

BBS Signature
boloneyman
boloneyman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Blank Slate
Response to The Walking Dead 2012-11-14 12:30:56 Reply

I think Carol is still alive because the preview made it seem like they were going to go look for her. Luckily they only need to search inside the building, and won't spend half the season in the woods trying to find her. Carol has been around for a while so I don't think they would kill her off screen.

I am a new terror born in death, a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend.

BBS Signature
BoshansStudios
BoshansStudios
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to The Walking Dead 2012-11-14 14:21:06 Reply

At 11/14/12 12:30 PM, boloneyman wrote: I think Carol is still alive because the preview made it seem like they were going to go look for her. Luckily they only need to search inside the building, and won't spend half the season in the woods trying to find her. Carol has been around for a while so I don't think they would kill her off screen.

Plus T-Dog risked his life to save her so that scene would be pointless if she died.

Click my sig to see my awesome youtube videos. I guarentee you'll like them or you can fuck my cats.

BBS Signature
Jester
Jester
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The Walking Dead 2012-11-14 15:11:14 Reply

At 11/14/12 12:30 PM, boloneyman wrote: I think Carol is still alive because the preview made it seem like they were going to go look for her. Luckily they only need to search inside the building, and won't spend half the season in the woods trying to find her. Carol has been around for a while so I don't think they would kill her off screen.

I'm curious why they dug a grave for her just to I guess fill it right back up since they just found her bandanna thingie and went "she's dead."

~Spoilerish~

Yes, that belly extended walker that was sitting where Lori's body used to be did in fact devour her corpse. Hence the spazz out Rick had on his gut once he sees all that tangled hair stuck in its teeth.

Shitfuck I didn't catch that, I thought they just moved Lori's body and the zombie was a fat guy sitting around near where she was so Rick went all beastmode on it like he did the others.

The phone thing started around issue 50 I believe, I can't remember if he still has it in the comics though, I'm somehow more fuzzy on recent issues than older ones.

I'm in the 70's of the comic issues and at the moment Rick doesn't have the phone anymore, so unless he starts using it again after where I am I think it's gone.

I'm glad Woodbury is getting more to the comics, i'd had about enough of the Guvnah' talking Andrea into trying to talk Michonne into staying there several times an episode. Also show Axel is adorable and people are being far too mean to him.

Boss
Boss
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to The Walking Dead 2012-11-14 16:19:44 Reply

At 11/14/12 10:39 AM, saqwert wrote: I wanna clarify I didn't call her a slut for sleeping with Shane. I called her a slut just as a general derogatory name for women. I never liked her. Useless and annoying as fuck

She's still a slut though
A filthy one at that

Yeah for real you are just gonna whip out your fat pussy lips with a disease that turns everyone into rotting walking bodies like it aint shit? Uncleanly Ho

I'm an instigator

BBS Signature
Ryan
Ryan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 51
Voice Actor
Response to The Walking Dead 2012-11-14 16:50:26 Reply

At 11/14/12 04:19 PM, Boss wrote: Yeah for real you are just gonna whip out your fat pussy lips with a disease that turns everyone into rotting walking bodies like it aint shit? Uncleanly Ho

Fact: Lori's vagina caused the zombie epidemic due to whoreness.

Boss
Boss
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to The Walking Dead 2012-11-14 17:14:53 Reply

At 11/14/12 04:50 PM, Ryan wrote:
At 11/14/12 04:19 PM, Boss wrote: Yeah for real you are just gonna whip out your fat pussy lips with a disease that turns everyone into rotting walking bodies like it aint shit? Uncleanly Ho
Fact: Lori's vagina caused the zombie epidemic due to whoreness.

i knew it

I'm an instigator

BBS Signature
RacistBassist
RacistBassist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to The Walking Dead 2012-11-14 19:46:23 Reply

At 11/14/12 04:15 AM, boloneyman wrote: Having multiple sexual partners shouldn't be label as a bad thing, especially if you are unaware of the fact that your former partner is dead, because your current partner told you he was dead.

No, it really should be. Especially in the zombie apocalypse. That's all the survivors need is an STD infection or pregnancy with no stable place to hunker down. She homie hopped. It's that simple. If the genders were reversed it would also be bad. It isn't like it was just some random get your fuck on kind of fling, but a more emotional one who was a close associate of your deceased for a not so long husband.

In The Walking Dead, traditional morality and social rules go straight out the window, so we can not judge these fictitious character by their actions since they are committing them in a world with no rules or norms, those are all gone.

Things that have an increased risk factor for one cheap thrill, especially with no ability to treat, and no ready access to contraception, should not be done. I'd say it's actually worse in their current situation then having civilization backing them up if they get a little bump or crotch itch.

I personally don't like the word slut because no one should be ashamed of having multiple partners, man or woman, but it there is a rather popular double standard where it is okay for men, but wrong for women to do so.

No, you should be ashamed. Increased risk just because you're horny. That's just dumb for people to do. Men included. The only reason it is worse for women is they have a higher chance for acquiring the std then men do.

It might not be your intention when you use the word (you weren't even the one who said it, I'm just arguing my view here), but when you do, you perpetuate that double standard.

No. Using a gender neutral term to apply to somebody is not a double standard. Sure, if I only applied it to women, or never to men in a similar circumstance, I could see the bitching. But when somebody acts the literal definition of a word that applies to both sexes, I will call them a slut. Asian boy is dumb for getting it on with that chick, but hey, at least he, as far as we know, has only had sex with one person during a zombie outbreak which is a lot better then multiple people.

I do not consider myself a feminist really, but I am some one who simply doesn't care for bull shit, which is what double standards and stupid social norms are.

Everything isn't a double standard you know.

------------

I really hope they play up the governor liking WALLS part of his character. He better collapse in utter amazement when he sees the prison for the first time.

All the cool kids have signature text

BBS Signature
DarkShadowblade
DarkShadowblade
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to The Walking Dead 2012-11-14 19:59:47 Reply

OMG CAROL MAY BE ALIVE GAIZ

*cue 20 episodes of blue balls filled tension on if she's alive or not*

Season finale:

HI GUYS I WAS ALIVE, JUST HIDIN IN THE BATHROOM.

LOL OK CAROL

Viva La Liquid Funk Baby. Keep it Mellow for all our sakes.
For Crap Nobody Cares About

BBS Signature
boloneyman
boloneyman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Blank Slate
Response to The Walking Dead 2012-11-14 21:48:48 Reply

You are really over complicating this man. I simply don't like it when people are called sluts and don't deserve it. Yes Lori is stupid for all the reasons you listed, I agree with you. Characters do stupid shit when their world is falling apart, and in her case, both her world and the world around her was falling apart. It wasn't smart but people are irrational in a crisis.

Slut CAN be a gender neutral word, but the common connotation is specifically aimed towards women. And yet if a man has multiple partners he isn't considered a whore or a slut. That is a the double standard I am referring to. I'm not accusing you of thinking this, but you can not deny that this is how the word is commonly used by a lot of people. The fact is, I very rarely hear men described as dirty sluts for having multiple partners but a women sleeps with two guys and she is a fucking whore. Example: How many times did you hear people call Shane a slut after sleeping with Andrea?
You may have different experiences with the word, but I am speaking from my own experiences with hearing it.

This is a very common double standard and you can not deny that, and it dates back to Homer and the Odyssey if not older. Your arguments for using the word are very insightful, but I don't think the guy had any of those on his mind when he said "I just wanna say how glad I am that Laurie or whatever that slut's name was is dead."

Long story short, I don't like the word slut used to describe anyone. Stupid, dangerous, MacBeth, trouble maker, bitch, or awful mother are words that spring to my mind when I think of Lori, but I hate the word slut. Can we talk about zombies now?

BBS Signature
RacistBassist
RacistBassist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to The Walking Dead 2012-11-14 22:13:01 Reply

At 11/14/12 09:48 PM, boloneyman wrote: You are really over complicating this man. I simply don't like it when people are called sluts and don't deserve it. Yes Lori is stupid for all the reasons you listed, I agree with you. Characters do stupid shit when their world is falling apart, and in her case, both her world and the world around her was falling apart. It wasn't smart but people are irrational in a crisis.

People don't deserve being called sexual promiscuous when they are sexually promiscuous, especially in a way that has unneeded complications at a time where they don't need it?

Slut CAN be a gender neutral word, but the common connotation is specifically aimed towards women. And yet if a man has multiple partners he isn't considered a whore or a slut. That is a the double standard I am referring to. I'm not accusing you of thinking this, but you can not deny that this is how the word is commonly used by a lot of people. The fact is, I very rarely hear men described as dirty sluts for having multiple partners but a women sleeps with two guys and she is a fucking whore. Example: How many times did you hear people call Shane a slut after sleeping with Andrea?

Naw, I call guys whores all the time. They are also called it by others all the time. The reason it isn't as such a big deal is because those guys don't give a fuck if they're called that, they take it as a compliment. You're saying you don't like the word because of a potential double standard, in a situation where there isn't one. I didn't call him a slut because I was busy calling him a psycho, which I think is above slut on the ladder of things to call people in a pejorative way.

You may have different experiences with the word, but I am speaking from my own experiences with hearing it.

And projecting your experiences to a different experience.

This is a very common double standard and you can not deny that, and it dates back to Homer and the Odyssey if not older. Your arguments for using the word are very insightful, but I don't think the guy had any of those on his mind when he said "I just wanna say how glad I am that Laurie or whatever that slut's name was is dead."

True, he might not have had those, but I definitely did. Except I'd call her a bad driving slut who needs to be carried because seriously, how the fuck did she get in that car crash

Long story short, I don't like the word slut used to describe anyone. Stupid, dangerous, MacBeth, trouble maker, bitch, or awful mother are words that spring to my mind when I think of Lori, but I hate the word slut. Can we talk about zombies now?

I hope the zombies breach the governors walls and he cries.

BBS Signature
naronic
naronic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Game Developer
Response to The Walking Dead 2012-11-18 17:46:45 Reply

next episode coming up

BBS Signature
naronic
naronic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Game Developer
Response to The Walking Dead 2012-11-18 17:48:18 Reply

At 11/18/12 05:46 PM, naronic wrote: next episode coming up

Also the show seems a lot darker than the comics for some reason.

BBS Signature
DarkShadowblade
DarkShadowblade
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to The Walking Dead 2012-11-18 21:03:52 Reply

DEM VIETNAM TACTICS.

not all caps

Viva La Liquid Funk Baby. Keep it Mellow for all our sakes.
For Crap Nobody Cares About

BBS Signature
SteelChair
SteelChair
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Art Lover
Response to The Walking Dead 2012-11-18 21:07:49 Reply

well, there goes the other glen

Ryan
Ryan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 51
Voice Actor
Response to The Walking Dead 2012-11-18 22:11:02 Reply

Considering Lori's dead I suppose Andrea is trying to beat her whore record. At least Lori only slept with Rick and Shane. But Andrea with Shane AND The Govenor?

What next, a brotherly three-way with Andrea, Merle and Darryl?

TheSporkLord
TheSporkLord
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
Response to The Walking Dead 2012-11-18 22:19:11 Reply

Not surprised at all that Carol is still alive.

Also, are the walkers learning to dodge projectiles now?

" Let the metal flow " - Chuck Schuldiner
GUITARISTS Awesome sig by Tateos.

BBS Signature
boloneyman
boloneyman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Blank Slate
Response to The Walking Dead 2012-11-19 03:58:37 Reply

At 11/18/12 10:19 PM, TheSporkLord wrote: Not surprised at all that Carol is still alive.

Also, are the walkers learning to dodge projectiles now?

No, I think that girl was just an awful shot. I forgot to see if she was even drawing the arrow back correctly.

Anyway, pretty good episode. I'm glad the writers didn't wait for more than one episode to reveal who was on the phone. Daryl's monologue about his mom was paired nicely with him finding Carol at the end, I'm glad they didn't pull another Sophia on us. I have to wonder if Maggie is going to receive the same treatment from Woodbury that Michonne got in the comics, that's going to hurt to watch for sure.

Did I miss why Merle ended up in that street with Michonne? I thought he said he was giving up looking for her. Makes killing the guy who wanted to keep going kind of pointless. Also, I feel Michonne shone be smart enough to kill Merle first, but whatever.

BBS Signature
Ryan
Ryan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 51
Voice Actor
Response to The Walking Dead 2012-11-19 09:28:59 Reply

At 11/19/12 03:58 AM, boloneyman wrote: Did I miss why Merle ended up in that street with Michonne? I thought he said he was giving up looking for her. Makes killing the guy who wanted to keep going kind of pointless. Also, I feel Michonne shone be smart enough to kill Merle first, but whatever.

Merle was looking for a car to get the fuck out of there, which I suppose he did. Michonne was pretty hurt also, which would explain the lack of action she did in that situation besides the fact that there was little she could of done unless she was directly behind Merle. I know for a fact she got shot in the leg too.

RacistBassist
RacistBassist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to The Walking Dead 2012-11-19 11:44:43 Reply

The Ricktator, Darryl, T-Dogg 2.0 and Michonne are now together? Aw shit son, once the group finds out about Glenn and his hot little piece of ass being kidnapped, The Governors WALLS are about to go down

BBS Signature
Slint
Slint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Audiophile
Response to The Walking Dead 2012-11-19 12:08:49 Reply

At 11/19/12 11:44 AM, RacistBassist wrote: T-Dogg 2.0

The Walking Dead

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.
You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.
ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature
boloneyman
boloneyman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Blank Slate
Response to The Walking Dead 2012-11-19 14:03:46 Reply

At 11/19/12 09:28 AM, Ryan wrote:
Merle was looking for a car to get the fuck out of there, which I suppose he did. Michonne was pretty hurt also, which would explain the lack of action she did in that situation besides the fact that there was little she could of done unless she was directly behind Merle. I know for a fact she got shot in the leg too.

I meant earlier in the episode when she dropped down and killed the two nobodys first. and ran off.

BBS Signature
creepyboy
creepyboy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to The Walking Dead 2012-11-21 08:05:46 Reply

At 11/18/12 10:11 PM, Ryan wrote: Considering Lori's dead I suppose Andrea is trying to beat her whore record. At least Lori only slept with Rick and Shane. But Andrea with Shane AND The Govenor?

What next, a brotherly three-way with Andrea, Merle and Darryl?

And she didn't give any to Dale, who was the one really care about her, that bothers me.

At 11/19/12 03:58 AM, boloneyman wrote:
I have to wonder if Maggie is going to receive the same treatment from Woodbury that Michonne got in the comics, that's going to hurt to watch for sure.

(Comic Spoilers)
Well, I wouldn't like that, because Maggie is not as tough as Michonne to resist such torture and she wouldn't do the same thing Michonne did to the Governor after that. I want to see an almost dead, one eyed and one armed Governor.

Sorry for my bad english. I'm not from this planet
Art Page|Art Thread|DeviantArt|Twitter

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to The Walking Dead 2012-11-21 12:12:14 Reply

At 11/19/12 12:08 PM, Slint wrote:
At 11/19/12 11:44 AM, RacistBassist wrote: T-Dogg 2.0

T-Dogg lmao. Am I the only one who thought it was funny that he only gets any character development in the episode he died in? Almost seemed like a cruel joke.

For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
Jester
Jester
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The Walking Dead 2012-11-21 12:34:14 Reply

At 11/19/12 11:44 AM, RacistBassist wrote:
T-Dogg 2.0

I lol'd

I have to wonder if Maggie is going to receive the same treatment from Woodbury that Michonne got in the comics, that's going to hurt to watch for sure.

Unless the show kicks it's ass into high gear and Rick and Michonne end up in Woodbury within the next few episodes, I think Maggie gon' get raped. Maybe not by the Guvnah though, i'm thinking it'll be Merle. Goviekins actually seems like a cool guy in the show.

Personal side notes:
-I can't tell if Carol is a mother figure for Daryl or if he wants to shag her.
-I'm extremely happy that Rick is as crazy in the show as in the comic.
-I feel like the main group is really small now even though it's, like, the same size as in the beginning of the season. I think it's because Hershel and Beth don't really do shit, and Glenn & Maggie have been off for awhile.

Random fan art time

The Walking Dead

Boomstick
Boomstick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Melancholy
Response to The Walking Dead 2012-11-21 14:44:22 Reply

Merle makes a better Governor than, Phillip.
Merle might even be the one who hacks off Rick's hand, assuming they're going to Woodbury next episode. It'll be a revenge/anger thing for Merle, which will make sense.
I think Maggie might get raped by Merle or it could be Michonne when they arrive, or in a cruel twist, both of them.
Anyways, I think it's getting better, except for Andrea.

RIP Gargiulo

The Walking Dead

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature
Ryan
Ryan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 51
Voice Actor
Response to The Walking Dead 2012-11-25 21:41:54 Reply

NOOO COME ON! SO CLOSE!

RAPE HER DAMMIT!

Boomstick
Boomstick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Melancholy
Response to The Walking Dead 2012-11-25 22:02:37 Reply

At 11/25/12 09:41 PM, Ryan wrote: NOOO COME ON! SO CLOSE!

RAPE HER DAMMIT!

RIP the Governor

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature