Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to The Walking Dead 2012-03-19 15:06:43 Reply

At 37 minutes ago, saqwert wrote:
Seriously. If he died, 90% of the black viewers would just stop watching

I wouldn't, I came for the zombies.

QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr
How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature
Ryan
Ryan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 51
Voice Actor
Response to The Walking Dead 2012-03-19 15:40:06 Reply

At 28 minutes ago, II2none wrote:
At 37 minutes ago, saqwert wrote:
Seriously. If he died, 90% of the black viewers would just stop watching
I wouldn't, I came for the zombies.

Exactly. People come for the show itself, not just to see that one guy who just happens to be the same race as you.

I don't watch The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air to see some white guy turn up and shit. Unless he's some crazy racist guy. Then that's okay as Will Smith is all like "SHIIIIIT NIGGUH" and... yeah, plot device.

you get my point?
ih8dude
ih8dude
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Movie Buff
Response to The Walking Dead 2012-03-19 15:47:09 Reply

At 1 hour ago, Elfer wrote: Oh FINALLY Michonne is here.

To everyone who is concerned about this: Don't worry, Michonne is a great character and not as ridiculous as she first appears.

I hope so, it's going to start looking more like heroes if they aren't careful of Michonne. The first scene with her looked... dumb.

DarkShadowblade
DarkShadowblade
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to The Walking Dead 2012-03-19 18:16:49 Reply

At 4 hours ago, Gagsy wrote:
At 1 hour ago, II2none wrote:
As little as he's done he must being kept around for a reason.
Token black guy.

Until Tyrese comes and delivers us from evil.

STOP.

HAMMER TIME.

I really wonder how they're going to intergrate Tyreese into season 3. Here's too hoping that he goes Crazy and Screws shit up and kills 100s of zombies in the Prison by himself and his hammer in the T.V show too.

Finally, someone who shares my love for Tyreese and Michonne!

Viva La Liquid Funk Baby. Keep it Mellow for all our sakes.
For Crap Nobody Cares About

BBS Signature
Im-A-Pirate
Im-A-Pirate
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to The Walking Dead 2012-03-19 20:41:24 Reply

Chick carrying a katana and having zombies chained to her was completely retarded.

"Sir, we are surrounded!"
"Excellent, we can attack in any direction!"

Boomstick
Boomstick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Melancholy
Response to The Walking Dead 2012-03-19 21:09:38 Reply

At 25 minutes ago, Im-A-Pirate wrote: Chick carrying a katana and having zombies chained to her was completely retarded.

Then stop watching the show, if you completely hate it, or are you that mentally incapable of it?
Anyways, season 3 won't be a while, I decided to read up on the comics for fun until then.
And watch Game of Thrones since it's coming up.

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature
wojessee
wojessee
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Gamer
Response to The Walking Dead 2012-03-19 21:12:28 Reply

My wife made this and sent it to me at work, thought I would share...

The Walking Dead

"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Friedrich Nietzsche

BBS Signature
Elfer
Elfer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to The Walking Dead 2012-03-19 21:52:19 Reply

At 5 hours ago, ih8dude wrote: I hope so, it's going to start looking more like heroes if they aren't careful of Michonne. The first scene with her looked... dumb.

Well yeah, in the snippet it looks dumb, but in the comic books it's all explained pretty quickly. I'm gonna toss out some spoilers about Michonne here for people who haven't read the comics, but nothing too big, i.e. nothing you wouldn't learn in the first episode.

SPOILERS:
Michonne used to be a lawyer. When the shit went down, she stole a sword and some maintenance equipment from her neighbour's blade-nut kid's collection. She keeps two armless, jawless zombies on leashes because she discovered that after a while they stopped attempting to attack her, and having two zombies with her makes other zombies less likely to notice her. She's a bit odd because she's basically been out on her own in the open for about a year at this point.
END SPOILERS

Really, she doesn't have any special superpowers or anything, she's just become adept with a sword and discovered (by chance) a useful bit of information about zombie behaviour.

Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to The Walking Dead 2012-03-19 22:13:55 Reply

At 1 hour ago, wojessee wrote: My wife made this and sent it to me at work, thought I would share...

lmao ole' shane. that rascal.

For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Audiophile
Response to The Walking Dead 2012-03-20 02:37:25 Reply

At 5 hours ago, wojessee wrote: My wife made this and sent it to me at work, thought I would share...

I heart this so fucking much.

RIP Shane you sexy wife fucking slut <3

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
Spilda-Bongwata
Spilda-Bongwata
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Movie Buff
Response to The Walking Dead 2012-03-20 12:34:36 Reply

shit just got complicated

BBS Signature
RacistBassist
RacistBassist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to The Walking Dead 2012-03-20 16:38:31 Reply

At 19 hours ago, MrRager wrote: Then stop watching the show, if you completely hate it, or are you that mentally incapable of it?
Anyways, season 3 won't be a while, I decided to read up on the comics for fun until then.
And watch Game of Thrones since it's coming up.

Yes, because pointing out part of the show that doesn't really fit in with the rest and a scene that has a refuge in audacity instantly makes the person hate the show.

I also didn't like the sword chick. I don't really care that it was in the comics or not, shit like that does not really translate that well into a TV series, especially one that people enjoy because it is at least somewhat plausible with what the characters are able to do. Shit, watch the final attack. The people who were trained with guns were the only ones consistently making kill shots. You almost never see main characters with semi-auto weapons ever have a worse kill ratio then 1:1 for bullet to zombie kills, unless used for a dramatic purpose

All the cool kids have signature text

BBS Signature
creepyboy
creepyboy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to The Walking Dead 2012-03-21 00:30:07 Reply

HOLY FUCK!!!!!!!

The season finale was awesome, the scene at the beginning showing that massive hoard zombies coming from Atlanta following that helicopter to the farm was a perfect opener for the episode, then the whole farm situation was great (I was the only one who thought in Night on the Living Dead during that scene?) and I'm really glad that they "lost" that battle against the walkers; Jimmy and Patricia died and the place they considered safe was destroyed, that's a lose in my book.

But the awesomeness don't stop there. Now we have a Rick hated by his family (it's official, Lori it's the most stupid bitch on the show) and most of the members of the group because he killed Shane and didn't tell them about the infection and he wants to turn the group into a dictatorship (his new nickname should be Ricktator lol).

And the best moment of the episode, FUCKIN' MICHONNE!!!!! She appears only for a moment, but men, I got really excited, now finally the show will have a badass women. Ahhh, and I'm pretty sure that "castle" hidden in the mountains at the end of the episode is THE FUCKING JAIL!!!!!!

Overall, finale had a lot of gore, a lot of resolve, and a lot of setup for next season. Now the sad part is to wait until october for the next season.

Sorry for my bad english. I'm not from this planet
Art Page|Art Thread|DeviantArt|Twitter

BBS Signature
Elixur
Elixur
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to The Walking Dead 2012-03-21 01:07:39 Reply

At 32 minutes ago, creepyboy wrote:
But the awesomeness don't stop there. Now we have a Rick hated by his family (it's official, Lori it's the most stupid bitch on the show) and most of the members of the group because he killed Shane and didn't tell them about the infection and he wants to turn the group into a dictatorship (his new nickname should be Ricktator lol).

>Rick kills Shane because he was going to kill him and steal his family
>Tells Lori
>She's mad at Rick

The Walking Dead

BBS Signature
Boomstick
Boomstick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Melancholy
Response to The Walking Dead 2012-03-21 01:13:26 Reply

At 3 minutes ago, FallenMartyr wrote:
At 32 minutes ago, creepyboy wrote:
>Rick kills Shane because he was going to kill him and steal his family
>Tells Lori
>She's mad at Rick

That's the women of the Apocalypse, doing something right, isn't right enough for them. And if they take matters in their own hands, it's a thousand times worse and they blame others.
I feel as though Carol will be next to die, hopefully, and T-Dogg will go East and/or die.

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature
TehPoptartKid
TehPoptartKid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to The Walking Dead 2012-03-21 01:15:51 Reply

Zombeh zombeh zombehs!

Bring on the zombehs!

POW POW POW!

Remember guys

CARDIO IS IMPORTANT

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to The Walking Dead 2012-03-21 08:00:11 Reply

At 4 hours ago, Protagonist wrote: Rick became a Nazi at the end. It would be a cool plot twist if Rick became the Governor in this variation of the story. Retarded, but interesting.

Then he'd cut off his own hand.

I thought it would have been pretty cool to have Merle as the governor. He would take Rick's hand because Rick also took Merle's hand away. I thought they kept T-Dog around just so Merle could get his revenge on him as well.

oh well, Governor has already been cast.

BBS Signature
Ericho
Ericho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Movie Buff
Response to The Walking Dead 2012-03-21 12:12:28 Reply

It makes me remember when I saw the second to last episode and I thought that was going to be the season finale, because it would have been a great way to end it, with all of those zombies coming after them at once. This season finale still managed to deliver the goods, because it was great to see this random character appear who had two armless zombies with him and a samurai sword. I haven't read the books past Volume 8, so maybe this is a guy who appears past that?

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

wtfdestroyed
wtfdestroyed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to The Walking Dead 2012-03-21 14:19:19 Reply

EVERYONE COMMENT ON MY NEWS POST NOW

MY MISSION CHECK MY MISSION OUT NOW
I AM WORKING FOR YOU

RacistBassist
RacistBassist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to The Walking Dead 2012-03-21 15:05:28 Reply

I'm a little rusty right now, but has there been a point where somebody has been bitten but not to the point where they would die, and they turned? I keep thinking about that dude way back who had the others leave him behind and was thinking to myself, wow, fucking sucks to be him if they weren't in any real danger

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to The Walking Dead 2012-03-21 17:37:53 Reply

At 2 hours ago, RacistBassist wrote: I'm a little rusty right now, but has there been a point where somebody has been bitten but not to the point where they would die, and they turned? I keep thinking about that dude way back who had the others leave him behind and was thinking to myself, wow, fucking sucks to be him if they weren't in any real danger

In most zombie universes the zombie virus can only take you over after you have died. But, being bit by a zombie will kill you from an unstoppable and horrible infection. Their mouths are probably the most dirty and infected place on the planet which you can probably imagine.

BBS Signature
wojessee
wojessee
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Gamer
Response to The Walking Dead 2012-03-21 21:24:51 Reply

At 3 hours ago, Cootie wrote:
In most zombie universes the zombie virus can only take you over after you have died. But, being bit by a zombie will kill you from an unstoppable and horrible infection. Their mouths are probably the most dirty and infected place on the planet which you can probably imagine.

*using all my willpower to NOT make a yo mama joke*

"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Friedrich Nietzsche

BBS Signature
DarkShadowblade
DarkShadowblade
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to The Walking Dead 2012-03-21 21:27:43 Reply

Making Merl the governor would be a hella great twist.

I wouldn't mind it honestly!

BBS Signature
creepyboy
creepyboy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to The Walking Dead 2012-03-21 21:45:01 Reply

At 15 minutes ago, DarkShadowblade wrote: Making Merl the governor would be a hella great twist.

Sorry man, that's not gonna happen.

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to The Walking Dead 2012-03-21 21:47:37 Reply

At 1 minute ago, creepyboy wrote:
At 15 minutes ago, DarkShadowblade wrote: Making Merl the governor would be a hella great twist.

I wish it would. Merle was a disgusting human being but yet he still had a charm that made him fun to watch.

BBS Signature
DarkShadowblade
DarkShadowblade
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to The Walking Dead 2012-03-21 22:03:29 Reply

At 17 minutes ago, creepyboy wrote:

GOVERNOR'S COMMING SEASON 3? GET HYPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPE!

I was just thinking that merl could fit haha if the governor was ever able to be in TWD!

I think Merl is sort of like Daryl, it's going to take a whole new merciless and compassionless world to learn mercy and compassion. A bit of Irony I think.

BBS Signature
creepyboy
creepyboy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to The Walking Dead 2012-03-21 23:44:11 Reply

At 1 hour ago, DarkShadowblade wrote:
GOVERNOR'S COMMING SEASON 3? GET HYPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPE!

I was just thinking that merl could fit haha if the governor was ever able to be in TWD!

I think Merl is sort of like Daryl, it's going to take a whole new merciless and compassionless world to learn mercy and compassion. A bit of Irony I think.

Merle won't be The Governor, but he'll be back for next season hopefully he won't be a Daryl's hallucination this time.

BBS Signature
XwaynecoltX
XwaynecoltX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Movie Buff
Response to The Walking Dead 2012-03-22 00:55:52 Reply

At 10/9/10 08:31 PM, IncendiaryProduction wrote: Have you ever watched a zombie movie and thought to yourself, "If only it was longer."? Well fret no more newgrounds. AMC (american movie classics) is coming out with a TV show based on a zombie comic. Called The Walking Dead,

I had this on netflix it looked good but removed it fromthe lsit is it that good really? i wouldnt mind seeing it if its worth it.

~X~

~X~ ~X~ ~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
POXNORA ??? A Very Unique game

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Audiophile
Response to The Walking Dead 2012-03-22 02:11:10 Reply

At 18 hours ago, Cootie wrote: I thought they kept T-Dog around just so Merle could get his revenge on him as well.

This is the only thing that makes sense. I didn't realise it until you just said it. But there it is.

Merle will come back, kill himself a nig... a T-Dog, then put Daryl in a bit of a dilemma as to whether he should stick with his brother now and kill Rick, or stay with the group who have accepted him and stop his brother.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
RacistBassist
RacistBassist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to The Walking Dead 2012-03-22 11:22:43 Reply

At 17 hours ago, Cootie wrote: In most zombie universes the zombie virus can only take you over after you have died. But, being bit by a zombie will kill you from an unstoppable and horrible infection. Their mouths are probably the most dirty and infected place on the planet which you can probably imagine.

Has that happened on screen in this one though? I only remember the ones where people either die from stuff that would actually kill them, or never seeing them progress far enough. I don't recall someone ever getting a minor bite and then surviving long enough to see them become one.

BBS Signature